• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stuckenschmidt

Deus Vult
53 Badges
Jun 25, 2004
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • BATTLETECH
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
th_Unbenannt.jpg

1966. The situation in Southeast Asia seems to worsen despite the rapidly increasing numbers of US servicemen in South Vietnam. In order to regain control especially of the center of the country, President Johnson approved the commitment of further troops in order to achieve the victory predicted by General Westmoreland.

Among the first units to enter the theater is B-Company, 2nd Battalion, 27th Infantry Regiment, 25th Infantry Division. In the morning of January 22nd, Bravo-Company disembarks in the (fictional) city of Phan Loc.

Although the overall objective of the 25th Division is to secure the whole theater, Bravo-Company will be the spearhead in order to establish a first base in the outskirts of Phan Loc and proceed from that point toward victory. Hopefully.

Rules
(V 1.05)

Players
The game can be played by up to 6 players. Each Player starts as 2nd Lieutenant of the US Army in command of a Platoon with 20 Soldiers. All superiors and the enemy are played by the GM.

Map
The Campaign Map consist of 26 x 26 Squares each. The standard Tactical Map consists of 30 x 30 squares, but may be larger in specific scenarios.

For Movement/Firing purposes a horizontal / vertical square counts as 1 square, a diagonal square counts as 1.5 squares. The exception are Wood and River squares, that count as 1.5 respectively 2 squares for movement purposes only.

Movement
Each Platoon may move up to 5 squares.

Line of Sight
Unless stated otherwise, a Platoon can see across 8 squares, until it is blocked by hills, houses or woods. In special cases (Fog, Heavy Rain), the line of sight is reduced.

Fire Range
A unit may fire on anything within its line of sight, but the "effective" firing range is:

Rifles - 4 Squares
Heavy Machine Gun - 5 squares
Mortar - 8 squares

When firing on a unit outside the effective firing range, accuracy will suffer.

Cover, Entrenchments, Fortifications
- Cover is „natural“ protection provided by wood-, small building- and large building-squares. Units in these squares will automatically seek cover. Any unit in cover can not be detected from more than two squares away, unless it fires or moves.
- Entrenchments can be build in plain- and hill-squares by any Infantry unit. Since digging in takes time, two turns without movement / combat are necessary to finish them.
- Fortifications are more stable defence installations that can only be build by Engineer units

Support
A scenario may contain support troops (Artillery, Helicopter, Planes, APC, Tanks). Any support may only attack one enemy unit per turn. If there are requests to attack more than one enemy unit, the HQ (GM) decides, which enemy unit will be attacked.

- Armoured Personnel Carrier (APC) move at a speed of up to 12 squares per turn. They may not enter wood- and field-squares. They may transport troops (1 Infantry Platoon per APC platoon). They may support an Infantry attack on an enemy unit (making it more efficient) or start an own attack on an enemy unit. In the latter case, they attack with Heavy Machine Guns and have an efficient range of 5 squares.

Casualties
When a platoon member gets hit, there is a probability of 75% that he is injured. Otherwise he is dead.

Injured / dead soldiers are immediately out of the game. Injured soldiers return to duty after the end of the scenario. Dead soldiers have to be replaced, but that might take some time.

Platoon Commanders may get wounded. If that happens, the Platoon suffers from a decrease in efficiency during combat resolution for the rest of the mission.

Orders / Turns (important)
Orders are issued within this thread. The Platoon Commander has to write all orders bolded. Orders have to be concise such as "Platoon 4 moves to square F10, opens fire on enemy unit in square F5 and requests Artillery support".

There is a 48 hour deadline to submit orders from the point the last update is posted. If a platoon submits no orders, it will do nothing in that turn besides to stay where it is and defend itself if needed.

Last edited:
Campaign Map​

Camp5.jpg

Light Green - Plain
Dark Green - Wood
Yellow - Village
Red - City
Orange - Base
Blue - Sea

The greyed areas represent territory under enemy control.

Last edited:
Bravo-Company

1st Platoon - DoomBunny - 17
2nd Platoon - Gradiant - 17
3rd Platoon - randakar - 17
4th Platoon - Thandros - 20
5th Platoon - MastahCheef117 - 19
6th Platoon - king hannibal - 20

History

22nd January 1966
Establishment of base at Phan Loc. 1 Soldier KIA. 4 Casualties inflicted.

26th January 1966
Securing villages Song Can and Cam Tay along Route No 29. 2 soldiers KIA, 6 wounded. 23 casualties inflicted. 7 POW taken.

27th January 1966
"Anvil"-force during Operation "Blacksmith" west of An Cuu. 5 soldiers KIA, 17 wounded. 41 casualties inflicted. 9 POW taken. Army Commendation Medal awarded to Lieutenants randakar (3rd) and MastahCheef (5th).

6th February 1966
Secured area around Tu Loan. 2 soldiers wounded. 1 POW taken.

8th February 1966
Cleared the area northeast of Tu Loan. 9 soldiers KIA, 15 wounded. 40 casualties inflicted, 6 POW taken. Secured enemy documents.

Last edited:
In.

In But Do I have to Play as an American. Not exactly a Problem but I would prefer not to.

Hm, maybe you can play as American who recently immigrated from country X. 4th Platoon for you.

Never played this, but in. :D

I guess I'll try it: IN as a 35 year old Ray Cooper.

Never played this, but in. :D

5th Platoon

I guess I'll try it: IN as a 35 year old Ray Cooper.

And 6th Platoon for Lieutenant Cooper. Wow, theCompany is complete already. I have the map for the first scenario but not the briefing. Maybe I can finish it today, so we can start right away.

The idea is, that the first scenario is a pretty easy and rather fast tutorial to see if everything works and the following scenarios become harder step by step.

Briefing

To: B-Company

Date: January 22nd, 1966
Time: 10 AM

Situation

Camp Andrews (orange) is to be established in the northwestern outskirts of Phan Loc. Bravo-Company will secure the area and repel any possible threat. It is essential, that the Engineer Platoon (E) is protected and receives no, I repeat, no enemy fire, in order to let the building of the base proceed as planned.

To the northwest is open plain with some woods. In the north and southwest also plain with some small buildings (yellow) that may block the view but also provide cover for enemies. In the east and south densely build areas (red). Keep an eye on the roads leading to the base.

All Platoons of Bravo-Company are currently at the HQ (O13). As soon as the Base is finished, more forces will arrive and relieve you.

Intel

The Viet Cong is weak in this area. Attacks on the base are possible, but not highly likely. If attacks occur, remember that Charlie is fast and may attack from almost any direction.

Support

None available

Tactical.jpg

(OOC: Deadline is Wednesday 5 PM CEST. Message to DoomBunny: The Engineers are also to be protected from friendly fire. ;)

And please remember to write your orders bolded to ease the GMing. Thank you.)

Last edited:
I would like to know what weapons my platoon is armed with, do we have any MG's or Mortars?

Just your standard M-16. If the Company had any extra equipment, it would stand in the briefing. But believe me, this scenario should be manageable without that. ;)

Message to DoomBunny: The Engineers are also to be protected from friendly fire. ;)

You sure High command hasn't been compromised by VC spies? These orders make no sense whatsoever.