• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Sixth Day...

The sixth day proceeded with the lynching of a werewolf Jonathan Hobin (jonti-h).

The Sixth Night...

During the night, poor Anton Velis Neker (AVN) the villager was eaten by the werewolves. Those swines! :mad:

huntung.jpg

All right guys, here is a couple on messages, so lets put on our thinking hats and analyze.

AVN said:
THE_SPLIT said:
AVN said:
Hello,

I'm a member of the JL and I can inform you that Nautilu has been scanned as a wolf.
He needs to be lynched tonight.

I have sent this same information to a few others who I more or less trust. I prefer not to out him publicly, because I don't want to be hunted.

Greetings,

AVN

Sorry just got this. Mind letting them know to scan Jingles?

I have already asked the seer to scan Jingles today.
I don't know if he will do that, because he has his own ideas.

AVN said:
THE_SPLIT said:
(this was in regards to asking who the seer is)Do not have to answer this but its Hebel the idiot is it not?

jonti-h is scanned as a wolf :)

I am actually very busy at work so do not post much in the last few days...sorry about that!

I strongly believe, in fact would like to wager one bannansplit cookie on this, that Mr. Jingles is in fact the last wolf.

1) The hunt on AVN could most likely be directed by someone who received AVN's PM. That is obviously me, Jingles, and maybe another person (in this case I urge them to speak up to back up my story)

2) Lets go back a few days and see if wolfes vote or unvote Jingles.
a) Post 79 Unvote Jingles Vote Teep (by Jonti)
b) Post 242 I'll vote Teep for now, but will swap to Jingles if need be. (by Jonti) This was a tie attempt, yet Jonti who claimed to go for a tie in fact never unvoted Teep and thus saved Jingles
c) Post 279 For now, I shall Vote Jingles because he seems as good a suspect as any. (this is the first time I can tell that a confirmed wolf voted for Jingles and kept his vote)
d)Post 283 Nau votes Jingles as well

And that is about it folks. Jingles received a total of 2 votes by the wolfs, pretty sparse.

3) My main suspicion felt on Jingles when he was saved form a tie with Teep, and I continued to vote him ever since, the fact that I did not get hunted, in my view, only confirms the fact that it is Jingles who is a werewolf.

Vote Jingles

All right guys, here is a couple on messages, so lets put on our thinking hats and analyze.

I am actually very busy at work so do not post much in the last few days...sorry about that!

I strongly believe, in fact would like to wager one bannansplit cookie on this, that Mr. Jingles is in fact the last wolf.

1) The hunt on AVN could most likely be directed by someone who received AVN's PM. That is obviously me, Jingles, and maybe another person (in this case I urge them to speak up to back up my story)

2) Lets go back a few days and see if wolfes vote or unvote Jingles.
a) Post 79 Unvote Jingles Vote Teep (by Jonti)
b) Post 242 I'll vote Teep for now, but will swap to Jingles if need be. (by Jonti) This was a tie attempt, yet Jonti who claimed to go for a tie in fact never unvoted Teep and thus saved Jingles
c) Post 279 For now, I shall Vote Jingles because he seems as good a suspect as any. (this is the first time I can tell that a confirmed wolf voted for Jingles and kept his vote)
d)Post 283 Nau votes Jingles as well

And that is about it folks. Jingles received a total of 2 votes by the wolfs, pretty sparse.

3) My main suspicion felt on Jingles when he was saved form a tie with Teep, and I continued to vote him ever since, the fact that I did not get hunted, in my view, only confirms the fact that it is Jingles who is a werewolf.

Vote Jingles

If I were a wolf, don't you think I would have had jonti-h and Nautilu save me by voting for you 2 days ago? It would have been very easy to do, yet instead I was saved a mere few minutes before the deadline because AVN convinced the_hdk and Jester180 to vote for you instead. It would have been beyond stupid of me to take that risk if I were a wolf.

It also wouldn't have been a good idea to lynch Nautilu and jonti-h if I were their packmate. If I were, it would have been possible to tie Nautilu with Hebelecan. As far as the hunts go, why would the pack make such choices if I had any part in making them? Why the hell would I allow the pack to hunt the only people who saved me and trusted me in the game? I'll give you a hint: it's because I'm not a wolf. I'm actually quite a good player when I've played as a wolf in the past (read: The Hunt for Red October game).

You aren't exactly free of suspicion either, SPLIT. You didn't vote for Singleton Mosby. You didn't vote for Nautilu. And you were the very last vote on jonti-h, occurring 1 hour and 12 minutes before deadline. The fact that you are subbing for Tweek/AOK does not clear you either, it is quite possible to have an inactive wolf within a pack.

I also have some PMs that I hope will help us analyze as well:

AVN said:
Jingles said:
AVN said:
AVN said:
Jingles said:
AVN said:
So, you think that TT is a wolf ?

I have that feeling too.

But I only want to lynch him when I'm pretty sure he's a wolf and at the moment I only have a feeling.

We need to get more evidence.

Regards,

AVN

Yes, I have the feeling that he is a wolf, he is giving off some suspicious vibes.

I agree that more evidence is needed, I do not wish to make a mistake.

Perhaps we should run him up some time soon if no other opportunity for lynching a wolf presents itself.

Given TT's prodigious skill in the game, he can be a very dangerous wolf. I would prefer not to take any chances with him. I will definitely have my eyes on him.

Anyways, keep me posted about your thoughts on TT and I will do the same with you.

Hello :)

You can see the discussion here I have had with Jingles. We both have the feeling that TT is a wolf, but we don't have hard evidence.

TT saved Singleton tonight, who was suspicious too.
And I think it's good if Singleton is lynched tomorrow.

I don't want to start voting Singleton, but I think he's a good candidate.

Maybe you can start voting him. I will follow later tomorrow. And his bandwagoning of LS is a good reason :)

I hope you want the village to win too :)
In that case I think you have no choice :)

And sorry to hear about your problems with UPC. It seems they are performing badly in Rotterdam Alexander, while giving no problems in the centre of Rotterdam.

Regards,

AVN

Hello,

Sometimes I'm an impulsive player and yesterday I was in that mood again.
I had the feeling the_hdk was sincere about his UPC problems and decided to test him, by forwarding our conversation to him.

He didn't react and therefore I'm suspicious about him now, although it's possible he's just lazy. (he did read my PM).

In case I die tonight (wouldn't surprise me) please forward this conversation to two other players.

Sorry, that I took some risks, but that's part of my playing style.

I'm sorry, I do not understand, what is a UPC? I saw hdk mention it but didn't understand it then either.

I do find it rather suspicious that hdk read your PM but did not reply. Perhaps he needed some time to think it over, or perhaps more dangerously, discuss it with other players such as a pack?

Do you wish me to forward the conversation right now, or only if you die? And to whom would you like me to forward it to?

Regardless, I think that you and I will be safe, at least for the next day/night. If hdk is a wolf, and the wolves hunt either of us, they know that the other one would post the PM conversations and out hdk to the rest of the village.

And don't worry about the risk you took with forwarding our conversation to the_hdk. It was a decent risk to take at this point early in the game. You can't do well in the game if you don't take risks, imho. :)

Oh, and by the way, what is your plan with Singleton Mosby? Trying to see if TT, hdk, or possibly even someone else will come to his aid?

Sorry, for the late reply, but I don't have access to the Paradox forums at work.

The answers to your questions :
1) UPC is an internet provider.
2) The best moment to forward our conversation is when one of us dies. But publishing in public (once one of us dies) is a possibility too. By sending it to two persons you minimize the risk that both of them are wolfs. You should send it to players you think are villagers, or least likely wolfs.
3) Regarding Singleton Mosby I like to see how the others will react on my theory. I hope it will give some information.

I believe I have answered your questions now.

Regards,

AVN

AVN said:
Jingles said:
Greetings! Much has happened in WWL since we last conversed.

It seems we were both wrong about TT being a werewolf. I wish we had been able to know better, but there really was nothing we could have done to protect him at night time, regardless.

Anyways, I wanted to share my thoughts on the game with you right now and possibly get yours as well.

I am most suspicious of those who desire a tie right now, especially Hebelecan and THE_SPLIT, as I noted in the thread. Correct me if I'm wrong, but TT himself suspected Hebelcan and Teep as well (in addition to yours truly). And now THE_SPLIT also omits the part where TT thought that Hebelecan was just as good a lynch as I was, except that he was a noob.

Imho a tie would be devastating to the village, and I will try to break any tie that I can tomorrow, and I hope that you feel the same way.

One thing I did not mention in the thread is how I noticed that THE_SPLIT mentioned that TT was a possible JL member. But wouldn't that have been a good reason for the wolves to hunt him? I just found his conclusion/hypothesis rather interesting. I had not thought about it before..

I fear that I will not be in the game much longer. There is a good chance that I will be lynched tomorrow, and even if I am not, may be hunted soon. So if I die tomorrow without talking with you further, good luck, and hopefully our conversations can be of some use to the village if it comes to that. :)

Greetings.

I agree with you on a lot of points.
I suspect Hebelecan and THE_SPLIT of being wolfs for similar reasons as you do.

THE_SPLIT's reasoning why TT was hunted is also not logical. If the wolfs thought TT was a member of the JL, but not the seer they wouldn't hunt him. They would have one candidate-seer less and go for one of their other candidates to optimize their chances to hit the seer.

And I agree that ties are bad at the moment. I will not support them and if possible break them, unless I feel that a wolf will escape by changing my vote.

For example if THE_SPLIT is tied tonight I will most likely not remove my vote on him, so that he will escape. Instead I will try to find more people to vote for him.

Greetings,

AVN

AVN said:
Hello,

You weren't lynched yesterday, but I had to work for it. In the end I made a deal with the_hdk that I would vote for Nautilu today, which I will do.

I hope you will follow us on that.

Greetings,

AVN

Jingles said:
AVN said:
I just received information from the seer.
Nautilu scanned as a wolf.

I guess you know now what to do :)

I was just about to reply to your previous PM.

I was going to vote for Nautilu even before you told me he is a scanned wolf, in repayment for you helping to keep me alive. Thank you for doing that for me by the way, I appreciate it. :)

And you are right, there is only one thing to do about Nautilu now.

Out of curiosity, was Jester180 in on the deal with the_hdk as well? Or was he merely responding to the_hdk's request to change votes to THE_SPLIT? In any case, I agree with your assessment of why Jester180 was hunted that you posted in the thread.

AVN said:
Jingles said:
Out of curiosity, was Jester180 in on the deal with the_hdk as well? Or was he merely responding to the_hdk's request to change votes to THE_SPLIT? In any case, I agree with your assessment of why Jester180 was hunted that you posted in the thread.

It was a little bit more complicated.
Initially I asked the_hdk and Jester180 to change their votes to THE_SPLIT.
Jester180 only wanted to do it if it wouldn't result in a tie and the_hdk preferred his vote on Nautilu.

Then I made a deal with the_hdk, that I would vote for Nautilu today if he changed his vote to THE_SPLIT yesterday.

Then the_hdk changed his vote and Jester180 followed and you were saved :)

AVN said:
Jingles said:
AVN said:
It was a little bit more complicated.
Initially I asked the_hdk and Jester180 to change their votes to THE_SPLIT.
Jester180 only wanted to do it if it wouldn't result in a tie and the_hdk preferred his vote on Nautilu.

Then I made a deal with the_hdk, that I would vote for Nautilu today if he changed his vote to THE_SPLIT yesterday.

Then the_hdk changed his vote and Jester180 followed and you were saved :)

Alright I understand, thanks again. :)

Since he is a confirmed wolf, Nautilu must be lynched today. If we don't have enough votes to do it on our own(I don't know who else knows about it), should he be outed in the thread? I am following your lead on this.

Also, what are your thoughts now on Hebelecan? He's playing just like he did in the big game in which he was a wolf. He even admitted in the big game that he was deliberately playing like a wolf to throw people off or something. I don't want to pick on new players or anything, but he is pretty darn suspicious, even without the stuff I just pointed out imho.

For the moment I think we will get enough support to lynch Nautilu (4 votes), so I don't think we should out him.
If, when I'm at home again tonight (Dutch time), it seems he can escape, I will take further action.
Initially I will PM one or two more players. If that doesn't work I will out Nautilu in the thread.

Hebelecan is very likely a wolf and I think jonti-h is the last one. I have asked the seer to scan jonti-h.
I hope he will follow my suggestion.

AVN said:
Jingles said:
AVN said:
Hello,

I have good news for you.
We lynched a baddie (OK he was scanned)
But we also scanned another baddie, namely jonti-h.

You still owe me a favour, so I think it's fair to ask from you that you will out him in the thread.

Just claim that you are a member of the JL. Everyone will believe you, because the JL hasn't turned up in public yet.

Success :)

Greetings,

Ton

Yes, we have done well!

Why are we outing jonti-h this time instead of doing what we did with Nautilu last time? We don't have enough votes? I don't mind the change, I'm just curious. I don't have much experience with this type of stuff. :)

So I should just say something like: "Alright, well the JL would like to announce that jonti-h has been scanned as a werewolf. Everyone should vote for him"?

We lost the_hdk, so I'm not sure anymore if we will get enough votes, yesterday was already a little bit to close for my liking.

And saying something like you propose is OK :)

Those are all of my PMs from this game. I apologize for the messy format, the replies weren't always linear.

Peronally, my suspicions are narrowed down to Hebelecan, and to a lesser extent THE_SPLIT. I'm not sure who to go with yet. If we mess up today, then we only have one more day left. We can take no chances today.

Last edited:
Pffff...

You guys have been busy behind the screens... Try that in a live game of WW (as I've played a couple of those in the last week :D)

If I read this correctly, Jingles as not JL (Just claim that you are a member of the JL. Everyone will believe you, because the JL hasn't turned up in public yet.). Since AVN was a goodie, he was not a conspiring wolf, so it is save to assume he was indeed in the JL.

AVN had contact however with Jester (dead villager), hdk (dead villager), jingles (alive and "suspect"), split (also alive and "suspect"), and another player (possibly the seer, so I would urge that player to keep quiet, although split asks that player to backup his story)

neither jingles or split were scanned, if I read those PM's correctly. Both are suspect, and both now are "coming out" and trying to make the other suspect (although jingles finds hebelecan more suspect).

I already missed a part of this game over the weekend, but this is starting to confuse the hell out of me...

Pffff...

You guys have been busy behind the screens... Try that in a live game of WW (as I've played a couple of those in the last week :D)

If I read this correctly, Jingles as not JL (Just claim that you are a member of the JL. Everyone will believe you, because the JL hasn't turned up in public yet.). Since AVN was a goodie, he was not a conspiring wolf, so it is save to assume he was indeed in the JL.

AVN had contact however with Jester (dead villager), hdk (dead villager), jingles (alive and "suspect"), split (also alive and "suspect"), and another player (possibly the seer, so I would urge that player to keep quiet, although split asks that player to backup his story)

neither jingles or split were scanned, if I read those PM's correctly. Both are suspect, and both now are "coming out" and trying to make the other suspect (although jingles finds hebelecan more suspect).

I already missed a part of this game over the weekend, but this is starting to confuse the hell out of me...

I do not know if I was scanned but I assume that I was not because I was never contacted by the Seer and nor do I know his identity. I was in contact with AVN basically the entire game, and he was obviously in the JL and in contact with the rest of it. Those PMs I posted are all I have and know, so the village now has as much information as I do.

I am not necessarily trying to get THE_SPLIT lynched right now, I was just trying to defend myself and say that he is not above suspicion himself.

I do find Hebelecan more suspicious than THE_SPLIT. Hebelcan, other than myself and Rysz, is the only other player that is not a sub, so I think we can analyze him better. He's playing very suspiciously and oddly, although to be fair he is a new player.

tumbleweed.jpg

Ah, the real JL

Well, I was already leaning towards voting Jingles, so I'm glad I am inforced in that opinion :)

Vote Jingles