• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
May I suggest that you would make a swift naval invasion in India while the bulk of the British forces is busy climbing in Tibet? ;)

The problem I ran into with India in 1940 is that I just don't have the divisions to either maintain a wide front to sweep across it or to guard a supply line while launching a more targeted spearhead. I could abandon all my other production plans, which right now revolves around trying to build up some more home-grown industry as well as getting more ships produced. Since I have relatively obscene manpower levels at the moment (for a minor) I could just scrap everything I'm doing and start spamming out dual-Militia or dual-Infantry divisions so I can flood India with cheap troops. My concern with this plan is that my overseas supply link running from the capital at Guilin to the port at Haikou runs through provinces that vary from 40% to 30% infrastructure, effectively giving me a 30% link. If I move up south from captured Indian ports, I don't think I can supply enough divisions to take the subcontinent. Even if I won in Tibet, I have a worse supply situation up there since the supplies will prefer to move by land than by sea regardless of the length of the land route. Tibet gets less supply than the south does since there are 20% infrastructure provinces in that trip.

The fact that Japanese Indochina and Siam shut me off from having a shorter land route to Burma is a huge problem. If I had an army sweeping down into India from the north that linked up with one sweeping down from the south, that would create a supply disaster since all my southern troops would then stop using the ports down there and everyone would be getting supply from the land route over Tibet.

I am willing to take a larger role in India under advisement. If I did retool my factories to go back to producing ground troops, I could take the Indian ports one by one and just camp out there without advancing until the Indians ran out of supply, or were forced to draw it from Alexandria. The logistical situation has been far more important in this game than in any other I've played, which you might expect from a Pacific war.

I do seriously think that Paradox needs to rebalance the costs of Infrastructure, though. Even with keeping Industrial Efficiency at the top of my research queue I'm looking at 18 months in between increasing levels... I think this is far too long. When the main advice you get from players regarding a feature is "don't do it", it seems clear that area of the game needs a little more work. Minor countries with no Construction practicals shouldn't have to wait more than a year just to build up 1 lousy level of Infrastructure in a province.

Just caught up. Nice work, but I think you are going to be crushed eventually. Spain is crazy. What is Uncle Joe up to?

I'm pretty confident that I can get through 1948 without "losing" in the sense that the Allies invade Canton, but getting either India or Australia under my yoke might be more questionable, so I could still lose as regards to my own objectives. If I still have a viable position by 1948 I might try to hack the end date in the save file so I can keep going if there is any interest. That's a problem for a later date though.

The Soviet Union has done nothing at all this game. All of the Baltic countries still exist, and although I would have to review my notes to be sure, I think that even the Winter War did not take place. Since there is no common border between the USSR and Germany, I am hoping this means that the Axis will not be at war with the Comintern any time soon. If that war does break out, I will have no viable trade partners remaining. I have heard that the USSR is hardcoded to declare on Germany by 1942. If that is true, then this should happen soon.

Nice picture of that dapper Italian marine BTW.

I'm actually surprised there isn't more overlap between pictures that get used in these AARs (aside from obvious famous historical pictures) since we're all just digging through the same Internet.

In that case eggman I think you are the one to blame as you knew the INF levels in the Asian area and you gambled on fighting there...

Just to make sure I'm clear, my beef isn't that there are countries who have to struggle with bad infrastructure. The problem is that the countries which need to build infrastructure the most are also the ones with the least capability to do so, mostly because the build time is too long.

Hmm...yea but those countries werent so developed at the time that most of them still used dirt roads and such.

You really think Tibet at the time could build big roads,railroads and such,even if they could,these INF would be weak as they didnt had technology or any other machinery,and they didnt knew how to build efficently. But of course its a game,not real life :D

[size=+1]1942, Summer – The Heady Days of Summer[/size]

As spring continues, the war progresses slowly. In Spain, the Allies continue to push back the combined might of Germany and Italy with a mere six armor divisions. I’m almost tempted to declare war on Hungary, Czechoslovakia, and Yugoslavia just to force the Axis to pull some of these undersupplied troops out of Spain and get them being productive. The USSR’s only accomplishment so far has been to get Sinkiang into the Comintern. That’s ok by me.

Ch10_01_Spain.jpg

Lhasa has survived a five month siege, but Allied troops are about to cut it off.

Ch10_02_Lhasa.jpg

The Japanese had been doing a decent job holding in Burma, but they’ve lost Rangoon. I suspect those units to the east of Rangoon are going to be lost very soon, and I am in no position to try and bail them out after I’ve already done them favors in Taiwan and Okinawa.

Ch10_03_Rangoon.jpg

As I review the situation, I decide to make what may be a game-ending gamble. The Axis is just not going to make any headway with what seems like 75% of their troops sitting unsupplied in Spain. I am going to declare war on Yugoslavia and Turkey so that the European Axis powers can get a land border into the Asian theatre and take some pressure off myself and Japan from the other side. Yugoslavia is extremely close to joining the Axis on its own, but the current drift is towards Allies and I don’t want to wait. The odd thing with Yugoslavia is, the diplomacy triangle says that it is being influenced by both the United States and Japan, even though they are not faction leaders. Yet, I don’t have an ‘influence’ option for them in the menu, so how is this being done? Either way, this will be a moot point soon as I see them standing in the way of victory.

The reason this is a gamble is that 1942 is almost halfway over and there is no Germany – USSR war as yet. I assume this worked out because the two countries don’t have a common border, but they will once the Axis take Turkey. If we end up fighting both the Allies and the Comintern, then I don’t know what will happen. But I really need to get closure in the Indian theatre if I am going to focus on Australia and the Japanese are clearly not going to give it to me.

1 May: I declare war on Yugoslavia. I have a couple of divisions I will send to reinforce Borneo against the British holed up in the north. My warships are keeping me going as expected but I have been consistently losing Transports so my total size for the fleet hasn’t expanded too much and is at a bit of a nadir at the moment. Another Transport is due on the 7th of May, and when it arrives, I will be in position to deliver an entire corps to Borneo.

Ch10_04_FleetPic.jpg

I’ve also cleaned up my technology queue to try and focus more on a handful of items. I will stop getting artillery techs for a bit to work on Infantry and Supply techs.

10 May: Part of my evil scheme comes to fruition as German troops arrive at the Yugoslav border.

”Did somebody say… evil…?” – Mr. Evil
”That’s DOCTOR Evil. I didn’t spend six years in evil medical school to be called ‘mister’, thank you very much” – Dr. Evil

Ch10_05_YugoslavBorder.jpg

11 May: The US has made a landing at the Manchukuo border. Alright, now I’m a little worried.

Ch10_06_USLandingsChina.jpg

15 May: Another corps arrives to support offensives in Borneo.

”We want you! We want you! We want you for a new recruit!” – The Village People

Ch10_07_BorneoTroops.jpg

23 May: A British Carrier must be nearby, as CAGs arrive to blunt my offensive near Kuching.

Ch10_08_KuchingAttack.jpg

The Germans are getting bogged down in the mountains of northwest Yugoslavia, but the Bulgars are moving up nicely from the southeast. The redirection of Bulgar troops has allowed the Greeks to push out from Athens. I think that’s fine, it will allow them to be more easily crushed when the Yugoslavs go down. The siege on Lhasa had been lifted for a few days, but a fresh one picks up.

26 May: Japanese volunteers make a landing near the only other British port on Borneo. It looks to be undefended. I’m losing tons of Convoys on the Vladivostok route, probably due to the presence of the USN on Iwo Jima and their captured Chinese port. I’m starting to think I should have sent that Japanese corps to retake Iwo and not sent it to Borneo. I sent several Japanese volunteers to Siam, but they are all stuck “waiting for fuel”. So, I decide to recall them back to Canton. I’ll use these guys to attack Iwo unless there is another fire to put out.

Ch10_09_NortheastBorneoLanding.jpg

28 May: I win the battle of Kuching. Once I take that last British port to the northeast, I will evacuate the entire island. This could mean the British or Americans simply walk right back into it later, but I just don’t have enough Convoys remaining to keep this island supplied right now. My new goal is to attack Australia. Australia has 22 VPs and 79.5% national unity. Of these 22 VPs, 15 are on the main island while the rest are on New Guinea and the adjacent smaller islands. I’ll have to take 18 VPs to force surrender, so this means I am forced to split my attention between the main island and the lesser islands. I’ve seen a few Aussies around the world as expeditionary forces, but since they haven’t attacked me in Java I presume they either have incompetent leadership or haven’t built many ground forces. Or both, I suppose.

31 May: The invasion of Australia begins at the port of Darwin. My initial plan of attack is to guard this port and swing clockwise around the coast.

Ch10_10_DarwinAttack.jpg

1 June: The last British port on Borneo falls into my hands. At this stage I am really feeling the lack of a navy. If I had enough to support two fleets, I could execute my main attacks with the first and use the second to haul a corps around the Indonesian archipelago picking off Allied ports one by one. While passing by I check out east Timor, it looks like the US has it decently defended. I still want to reduce this area to protect my supply lines to Australia. I wish I could have some kind of communication with my allies, if the Japanese could tell me they were working to sink Allied shipping in this area, I might feel confident attacking these guys under the assumption they were out of supply.

Chinese1938_June_Yellow_River.gif

Ch10_11_TimorVisit.jpg

Up north, I notice that once again Lhasa has survived a siege, and once again, I have no troops there with enough organization to launch local counterattacks.

3 June: I capture Darwin and discover that is in an isolated pocket of infrastructure, thus, the only way for the Allies to recover it is by sea. Therefore I will abandon it and reposition farther east down the coast. I also notice that the US beachhead at Dagu has been eliminated. Who would have [post=12545481]expected such competence from my allies[/post]?

5 June: Yet another attack commences on Lhasa. Only three things are sure in life: death, taxes, and attacks on Lhasa.

18 June: I’ve finally lost Lhasa. All my troops in this region are now being redeployed to Canton. I will leave a stack at Dali (in Yunnan’s old territory) to block further advances south. At least now, I should have fewer issues with supply shortages. In Europe, the Bulgars are at the gates of Beograd in the south while the Germans are at the gates of Zagreb in the north. Frankly, I expected this bit of fighting to be over much sooner.

24 June: After what feels like forever, my next attack on the Australian homeland commences.

Ch10_12_CooktownAttack.jpg

“Ooooo! It just got interesting!” – Monica Geller

30 June: I make landings in Townsville to perform an envelopment of the local defenders.

Ch10_13_NewAussieLandings.jpg

6 July: As promised, I arrive at Timor to clean out Eisenhower (if he is still there). Take note that I am sending in Japanese divisions, not my own. I also don’t fail to notice that the Japanese have removed their garrison from the other half of the island, although a small Carrier fleet remains.

Ch10_14_TimorAttack.jpg

7 July: Yugoslavia surrenders and goes into exile, so I declare war on Turkey. My complex plan to get decent help in the Asian theater is nearly complete. But now I am at the dangerous part: allowing Germany to have a border with the USSR.

”Ah, my ridiculously circuitous plan is one-quarter complete” – Robot Devil

10 July: My scheme to get the Axis to pull some men out of Spain has finally borne some fruit:

Ch10_15_Gibraltar.jpg

13 July: I win the battle of Cairns in Australia, cutting off a Light Armor unit. If these guys realized I didn’t have any aircraft and pointed more of their guns at the ocean, they might have a more effective defense.

AussieDefendersAA.jpg

16 July: Portuguese Timor is back in Axis hands with nary a sign of Ike.

19 July: A horde, or perhaps a plethora, of Axis troops is en route to Turkey. Once these guys reach the Middle East the days of the UK being a thorn in my side should be over.

”Would you say I have a plethora of piñatas?” – El Guapo

Ch10_16_AxisTroopsMoving.jpg

30 July: Japanese volunteers land and seize Perth. And with that, I will wrap things up. The year 1941 had been pretty tedious to get through, but now that I have men moving forward somewhere things are getting a bit more exciting again!

”Celebrate good times, c’mon!” – Cool & The Gang

Ch10_17_PerthAttack.jpg

Last edited:
Can you tell us in the next update about the fate of the rest of Eastern Europe and the Balkans? Like what faction Hungary is in, and the state of Czechoslovakia and Poland

Hopefully, but I'm playing a year and a half ahead of what I have posted, so it may be too late if I didn't already write it down. But I know there is some Eastern Europe news around here somewhere...

[size=+1]1942, Fall – Thunder Down Under[/size]

”Welcome back, true believers!” – Stan Lee

Things are finally starting to pick up for the Clique. In Europe, my promiscuous war declarations finally gave the Axis powers enough frontage that they pulled enough men out of Spain to allow the remainder to get some supply and go back to the offensive. This has finally allowed us to take Gibraltar. Axis troops are also starting to pour into Turkey, where they will clean the Allies out of the Middle East for me. The big question mark lingering in this scenario is what will the USSR do once it gets a land border with Germany? I’m hoping that nothing will happen, since Turkey will actually end up in Bulgarian hands and I don’t think Uncle Joe has any particular beef with the honchos in Sofia. If you’re real observant when looking at the political map, you might notice something else…

Ch11_01_EuropeMap.jpg

Ch11_02_UKInvasion.jpg

Ta-da! I’d actually thought I would never see this in a game.

”I find your lack of faith disturbing” – Darth Vader

In the east, the British finally are pushing me out of Tibet, but at the glacial pace they are moving, I don’t feel I am in any danger. The US had a decent setback when their invasion near the Shanxi – Manchukuo border was defeated. I had thought I would need to deal with that personally, but my allies actually managed to pull that off without me (with the shenanigans in Spain for the last several years, I had my doubts). The Japanese have been dealt a blow in Burma, by having maybe ten or so divisions cut off from Siam and eliminated. In Oceania, my advances are starting to pick up the pace a little. I’m being slowed down a bit by only having one fleet available. Chinese troops are on the east coast of Australia moving downwards, while I’ve just landed some Japanese troops down at Perth who will start advancing from the other direction.

Ch11_03_AsiaOverview.jpg

The Aussies were putting up a bit of a defense when we first arrived, but now I seem to have the upper hand.

Ch11_04_AussiesAttacked.jpg

You can see my production queue is a long litany of changed plans and frustrated dreams. The Garrison division is the first actual complete division I have tried to produce this entire game. The idea with these is that I would send them to Japanese-held islands to help prevent the US from invading them. Other ground forces I’ve made so far have been brigades only. I had thought I was going to piece together a Marine division, but I may not need them anymore by the time I can get that done. Part of the moral of this story is that you suffer greatly if Japan puppets Nationalist China instead of annexing it. In other games I’ve played since this one, I’ve gotten 75+ ICs out of China after I was allowed to keep my gains with annexing. That about sums things up.

Ch11_05_ProductionQueue.jpg

7 August: London is taken, the UK capital moves to Liverpool.

Ch11_06_FallOfLondon.jpg

16 August: While passing the Australian coast, I see some enemy troops, but there is no infrastructure link for them to attack me by land, so I’m not too worried about them.

Ch11_07_SpottedTroops.jpg

18 August: I break a line of defenders putting up a good defense behind a river. Unless they have a second line up ahead, I should make some good gains.

Ch11_08_BrokenDefense.jpg

19 August: The Bulgarians finally crack the Greeks and annex them. The Axis storm continues to approach India…

Ch11_09_TurksInvaded.jpg

29 August: Australian air power is starting to become a problem.

Ch11_10_AussieAir.jpg

30 August: Costa Rica joins the Allies.

2 September: Australian troops arrive to start a battle for Perth.

Ch11_11_PerthThreatened.jpg

4 September: Turkey is annexed by Bulgaria.

18 September: I reach Brisbane, and the Aussies decide not to defend it. The troops that had arrived near Perth are already trying to beat a hasty retreat back the way they came before we even fight.

”You should see Brisbane…” – Tegan Jovanka

Ch11_12_BrisbaneAbandoned.jpg

25 September: Liverpool falls, and the new capital of the UK is Calcutta.

7 October: I’m running into a huge problem. I’ve taken Brisbane, so now all my troops are switching to use that as a base of supply. The problem is, I have no supply convoys listed as being available in my list. I visit the production tab and turn off ‘auto create supply convoy’ so I can add it in manually.

9 October: The US has landed in undefended Borneo as I suspected they might. A very foolish move by the AI, as I suspect a human player would have landed in Australia instead to back them up.

Ch11_13_BorneoTaken.jpg

10 October: The Allies are nearly expunged from Spain, at long last.

Ch11_14_AlliesInSpain.jpg

17 October: I take Calcutta. Bombay becomes the new capital.

Ch11_15_CalcuttaTaken.jpg

5 November:

”Remember, remember, the 5th of November, gunpowder, treason, and plot. I can think of no reason why the gunpowder treason ever should be forgot” – V

The German advance in the UK seems to be slowing down a bit.

Ch11_16_UKMap.jpg

I’ve also had some close shaves sending more men to India… but she’s not called the Pride of Haikou for nothing!

Ch11_17_ShipList.jpg

6 November: I take Sydney. Axis troops are just beginning to enter Iraq and Persia.

14 November: The battle for Canberra begins. I notice that I lost Darwin, so somebody took it back by sea. No big deal, I’ll just pick it back up later once I’ve secured the east coast and won’t need as many troops over here.

1 December: I take Adelaide.

3 December: Troops arrive in Calcutta to be redelivered for a secret mission. It’s actually a very tiny disadvantage that London has fallen; now that the capital is in India, the troops here now have direct supply.

10 December: My secret plan was to take Karachi and seal off the border to Afghanistan, as it quite short. This way I can roll the dice that my Axis allies can help me finish off the Brits here in India. However, I discover to my dismay that they actually bothered to defend this area.

Ch11_18_Karachi.jpg

14 December: I take Geelong. This province had the last airfield on the Australian continent.

19 December: I’ve taken Melbourne. Darwin is now the last port the Aussies have left now.

20 December: Iraq surrenders to Bulgaria and goes into exile.

28 December: The Aussies refuse to go gently into that good night, and are stubbornly holding on to Canberra.

Ch11_19_Canberra.jpg

I’ve also had tons of vicious battles here in the Calcutta region. I’ve been hoping this area will prove a distraction to the UK so they don’t send too many troops in the other areas I want to expand out of.

Ch11_20_Calcutta-1.jpg

That about wraps up this update.

UK will probably go GIE so you'll be able to pick up their colonies in India. Unless the Axis forces charging through Persia decide to grab some of it for themselves

Wow I missed two big updates while I was gone.

First, lemme say you got 100 awesome points of that Three Amigos reference. :D

Second, how close are you to taking over all of Australia?

Maybe we can see some advance back into Tibet with the UK putting some concentration back west and to your new pocket?
And I thought that even though their new capital is closer to them, they would still receive a penalty to supplies due to the transfer of their capital

First, lemme say you got 100 awesome points of that Three Amigos reference. :D

Second, how close are you to taking over all of Australia?

Thanks! I think at the time I wrote that, there were 2 - 3 months left to go, but the last bit of it was just mopping up. The serious fighting all took place at Canberra and they held out for quite a while.

Maybe we can see some advance back into Tibet with the UK putting some concentration back west and to your new pocket?
And I thought that even though their new capital is closer to them, they would still receive a penalty to supplies due to the transfer of their capital

I did manage to start making inroads in Tibet in 1943. Aside from the fact that you have to start your resource stockpiles back up from zero, I'm not sure what penalties if any apply from losing your capital. If there is a penalty, would it be worse than the costs of having to ship supply from the UK to India?

[size=+1]1943, Winter – We Bag Us a Lion[/size]

So here’s the situation in 1943-

The Australian insurgency is in its final death throes, so I hope to have them eliminated in the next three months or so. Assuming nothing unexpected happens…

”There are known unknowns and unknown unknowns” – Donald Rumsfeld

Ch12_01_AustraliaOverview.jpg

The Allies are out of Spain, Britain has been invaded but it seems to be taking the Germans a long time to close the deal. However, with all the time I’ve spent in Australia, I’m not one to talk.

Ch12_02_UKMap.jpg

Italy reclaimed its lost lands in Libya and is now going after Egypt.

Ch12_03_ItalyInLibya.jpg

Bulgarian and German troops are pouring out of Turkey into the Middle East, but, since all these troops are now moving through a single 40% infrastructure province at the end of Turkey, I don’t feel good about their supply situation. I see a repeat of Spain coming up.

Ch12_04_TurkeyFront.jpg

In India, I have beachheads established in Calcutta, Madras, and Karachi. The men at Karachi failed to seize the port, however, so that area could turn bad quickly. The Calcutta area has seen a lot of back-and-forth fighting between me and the British. I’m hoping that having a larger presence here will distract them from sending reinforcements to more important areas.

Ch12_05_IndiaPic.jpg

I could send in my prototypes of Chinese Motorized divisions, but I doubt they would do much. Always plays well in the papers to see local boys making good, though. Fairly early on I was thinking that I would try to have a small number of Motorized + SP-Artillery divisions to use if I ever broke out into an area with plains that would allow speed to be useful. By the time I was up to researching SP-Artillery, I noticed that Mechanized troops were just two techs away, so I researched them too. However, due to my IC crunch I never even produced the Motorized units. If I had, it might have been a bad idea since my supply shortages would have always left them dry on fuel… something that happened a lot with the Japanese troops I was given.

ChineseTanks_on_Burma-Road.jpg

Japan has taken back Saipan, and they are finally starting to place Garrison divisions on some of these islands, so I hope that means we won’t keep losing them to the US. I’m wondering if the Japanese AI really does want to place troops there, but they are configured to always prefer to use Garrison divisions for the purpose, and the Japanese production AI may not be giving them enough of a priority to get them on the map when they are needed.

9 January: The Guangxi General Staff is breathlessly awaiting the news of the fall of Canberra.

Ch12_06_CanberraAttack.jpg

12 January: Canberra is mine!

19 January: Mopping up the last Aussie survivors down here while some of the corps are sent to nearby ports for refitting and the awaiting of new orders.

Ch12_07_CanberraTaken.jpg

I’m leaving it a little late to help out the men I stranded in Karachi, but help is on the way.

Ch12_08_KarachiTroops.jpg

In southern India I’m trying to gobble up as much empty land as I can. This is where some Motorized would have been handy.

Ch12_09_MadrasFront.jpg

22 January: Almost eliminated them.

Ch12_10_WaggaWagga.jpg

”Wokka Wokka” – Fozzie Bear

26 January: One of my cut-off divisions near Karachi is eliminated. The UK is at 95% surrender progress.

2 February: The last pocket of defenders near Canberra is eliminated.

Ch12_11_CanberraRedux.jpg

4 February: The Japanese have sent new troops to avenge themselves in Burma.

Ch12_12_JapaneseInBurma.jpg

6 February: Hungary joins the Axis. I suspect they have no idea what a wise decision that was, since I am starting to think ahead to what the next combat moves for the Axis should be.

13 February: The troops I carefully left behind at the gateway to the Himalayas have broken the enemy lines and taken Imphal. A division has also been dispatched to sprint to Mandalay.

Ch12_13_BurmaTheatre.jpg

15 February: The Italians have finished taking Egypt and have linked up with the greater Bulgarian empire.

19 February: The UK surrenders and goes into exile. After all the hassles they gave me in Asia, I must say, revenge is pretty sweet.

”Have you heard the old Klingon proverb that revenge is a dish best served cold? It is very cold, in space…” – Khan Noonien Singh

Ch12_14_UKSurrender.jpg

22 February: My men arrive to start the capture of New Guinea. I will need to take this island, Darwin, plus at least one other VP from the Aussies to force surrender.

Ch12_15_NewGuineaAttack.jpg

23 February: The Japanese have retaken Rangoon.

24 February: I finally get the linkup in the west I have been looking for. Chinese and German troops engage in festivities for days in celebration in the deserts of Persia. But the lingering question remains: will German and Bulgarian troops now keeping moving east to conquer territory in the name of the Clique?

Ch12_16_AxisLinkup.jpg

26 February: Lingering British naval forces attack my task force heading to Darwin, but luckily I had remembered to tell the Admiral to avoid combat and my ships disengaged.

I notice Nepal has sent all their troops down to the Burma front, that could end up being a huge blunder if I can get some men back around Kathmandu way.

Ch12_17_NepaleseTroops.jpg

Back in Australia, Darwin was abandoned on my second visit, so I pick it up easily.

4 March: I have taken Mandalay for the second time. I decide to gamble on a bold stroke to take Bhutan out of the war. A task force sets sail for what I hope to be the last attack on New Guinea which should knock Australia out of the war. Keep your fingers crossed for annexation! Actually, I just realized that the other Guinean VP doesn’t have a port, so I will hit Rabaul instead.

Ch12_18_BhutanAttack.jpg

6 March: Attack on Rabaul commences.

9 March: Rabaul is mine. After I move in, Australia goes into exile. Rats…

20 March: I declare war on Czechoslovakia to give Hungary something to do and to encourage Germany to pull some men out of Asia. I need them to get ready for the attack on the USSR.

21 March: I am finally back to wreak vengeance on Bhutan. This time, there is nary a British plane in sight.

Ch12_19_BhutanAttackTwo.jpg

I am also going to finish running around the Australian coastline and clear out the remaining ports. I got a good look at some of them while my fleet was heading to Perth, and they have pretty big stacks of defenders. I suspect they are out of supply and easy prey though. In what may have been a bad move, I have allowed my forces pushing up from Calcutta to link up with the men coming down from the Himalayas. I want to make sure the Allied forces the Japanese are facing off with stay out of supply and get cut off. This is what I wanted to do in 1940, but the Japanese aborted their attacks. This time, the Allied troops have been weakened enough that I expect I can finish the job myself.

31 March: The Czechs go into exile, so I declare war on Poland. Seems like a good place to stop.

Seems to me like if the British are using their smaller allies to defend their front lines, it's clear they're running out of men.

First you desperately wanted to prevent a war with the Soviets, now you are getting your allies readdy for war against them. When will the madness end?!

Mwahahahaha...

At the beginning, I was worried about it since I didn't want to end up fighting both the Allies and the Soviets at the same time, mainly because I feared the combined weight of their armies and I also I was worried about running out of resources if I couldn't trade with Uncle Joe. At this stage, the British are finished so the European Axis powers have nothing better to do than invade Russia, and my stockpiles are up high enough that I can go for a coouple of years running a deficit. And of course, I'm also a bit of a nut... I can imagine there is a man in Berlin who is qeustioning why he ever invited me to come to his party!