• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You know, you guys are right. Strawman still is a pretty good suspect here.

Vote Strawman

Randy, shut your mouth if you've nothing intelligent to say, would you? You're embarrasing yourself, Jesus Christ.

Randy, i understand what you say. It's possibly all me being paranoid (thanks for the welcome by the way :D) and/or me still earning the ins and outs of this crazy game.

I might have been wrong, but letting a just one vote difference between first and second when the case is rather (it was not full proof and all, but close), helps more the suspect that a two vote-gap. You say if two people had voted the other way... well it almost happened : had the_hdk voted the other way, the wolf would have been saved.

About Nautilu and my twisted way of thinking (and that's because of you guys and your crazy paranoia-creating game :p) : Nautilu voted right after you, creating a tie, right ? From the informations and analysis we had, there was some evidence Tamius probably was a wolf, and we had nothing such on Rendap. I still think that in that case voting for Rendap was an attempt to save Tamius, or at least bring a villager down with Tamius. I'm not saying Nautilu is a wolf yet, i'm saying his vote feels suspicious. Although you might have a counter-argument on the matter ? If so, please enlighten me.

Enlighten me - why Najs?

My feeling about Najs has more to do with Tamius' vote on day 1 than really Najs' personal action really. Given you have more experience (as Najs hasn't responded to my earlier post), you might be able to shed some light on my Tamius, with a three-way tie affecting at least one wolf, would vote for a fourth player. Okay, you might say that voting for one of the two villagers (if both Euro and Najs are villagers) would make him a potential wolf when we learn Boris is a wolf. But he has a hell of a defense : "it's day one, how can i know how the wolf is". So, to me, not breaking the tie makes no sense. Unless, more than one wolf is involved in the tie. Euro having broken the tie in favour of lynching Boris, i suspect Najs of being a wolf.

Now, tell me what is terribly flawed in my reasonning... :p

Randy, i understand what you say. It's possibly all me being paranoid (thanks for the welcome by the way :D) and/or me still earning the ins and outs of this crazy game.

I might have been wrong, but letting a just one vote difference between first and second when the case is rather (it was not full proof and all, but close), helps more the suspect that a two vote-gap. You say if two people had voted the other way... well it almost happened : had the_hdk voted the other way, the wolf would have been saved.

My argument is that somebody *would* have voted the other way if I had let that gap be. One of the odd things about this game is that when you have one person pushed way out in front someone will want to bring it closer to get some tie potential and therefore information out of the lynch vote.

Given that knowledge, if I wanted to save tamius, why would I not just let my vote sit there for the rest of the day, letting the village tie it up so I could break it at the most convenient moment?
And if I *didn't* want to save tamius, but sacrifice him for the cause of Evil, I would *also* have kept my vote there, simply to get some streed cred for myself, or for him if he survived the day and I ended up being killed before him.

So what I am arguing here is that me taking my vote off Tam at that point in time would have been just a really pointless and counterproductive thing for me to do if I had been his packmate.

About Nautilu and my twisted way of thinking (and that's because of you guys and your crazy paranoia-creating game :p) : Nautilu voted right after you, creating a tie, right ? From the informations and analysis we had, there was some evidence Tamius probably was a wolf, and we had nothing such on Rendap. I still think that in that case voting for Rendap was an attempt to save Tamius, or at least bring a villager down with Tamius. I'm not saying Nautilu is a wolf yet, i'm saying his vote feels suspicious. Although you might have a counter-argument on the matter ? If so, please enlighten me.

Not really, no. Not until I've read that particular piece of thread again myself, I reckon.
And probably not then, either.

My feeling about Najs has more to do with Tamius' vote on day 1 than really Najs' personal action really. Given you have more experience (as Najs hasn't responded to my earlier post), you might be able to shed some light on my Tamius, with a three-way tie affecting at least one wolf, would vote for a fourth player. Okay, you might say that voting for one of the two villagers (if both Euro and Najs are villagers) would make him a potential wolf when we learn Boris is a wolf. But he has a hell of a defense : "it's day one, how can i know how the wolf is". So, to me, not breaking the tie makes no sense. Unless, more than one wolf is involved in the tie. Euro having broken the tie in favour of lynching Boris, i suspect Najs of being a wolf.

Now, tell me what is terribly flawed in my reasonning... :p

Nothing. Najs is a good choice, as far as I can see from here.

Quitting has never been something I've enjoyed, so I will at least explain myself before I get lynched.
On day 1 I switched to tamius because he made a horrible, horrible pun. That is all.
On day 2 I voted Rendap because I saw him as a perfectly legitimate target (though EURO did have a good point about him being stupid or not).

I might actually try to point to someone else instead of me if I find the lust and time.
Carry on.

Randy, shut your mouth if you've nothing intelligent to say, would you? You're embarrasing yourself, Jesus Christ.

Insults aren't going to work with me, my dear friend.
Thing is, if anyone hunted reis, it was you. Same goes for piling votes on Boris. I've seen you do it before, I'm sure you'll do it again, and therefore, you remain a suspect.

Thing is, if anyone hunted reis, it was you. Same goes for piling votes on Boris.

A tad strong. :p I've seen Reis hunted first or second thing several times now. It seems an every other game occurrence or so.

I've seen you do it before, I'm sure you'll do it again, and therefore, you remain a suspect.

Everyone remains a suspect until the game is over. Without the seer, ridiculous luck or incompetent wolves that's the only way the village can possibly win. Fixating on the same person/ handful of people repeatedly just plays into the wolfs hands.

DAY 1

Put a second vote on Euro when Najs had 3 and everyone else had 1. Rather unusual explanation too
Also, SPLIT gets one single vote from Tamius. Alibi?

WHEN did he get that vote? What was the count at the time? What was the reason? SPLIT got a vote from tamius, so you need to investigate that one thoroughly before you discount it as insignificant or an alibi vote.
Sorry falc, you can do better than this. I know you can.

DAY 2

Second vote on Rendap when Tamius already had 3

I'm not buying this.

I find this response very strange, you know. I point out SPLIT's voting and the not-so-villagery sides to them, and you jump on my afterthought where Tamius gave him a possible alibi vote? And the best case against him, day 2, you dismiss with a curt "I'm not buying this"?

Allow me to point out that I wasn't the first to notice Tamius vote on SPLIT:

While we still have time for some discussion, I would like to continue Najs train of thoughts!

At a 3-way tie, Tamius comes and decides to make a throwaway.

Thoughts?

Rendap even followed that up the next day and got Tamius lynched mainly for that vote.

And, lo and behold, you seemed to respond just as dismissively then...

My top list of suspects: Euro, Randakar, Split, Najs

Everyone remains a suspect until the game is over. Without the seer, ridiculous luck or incompetent wolves that's the only way the village can possibly win. Fixating on the same person/ handful of people repeatedly just plays into the wolfs hands.

This is what people must realise. Cleared means nothing if the wolves are ruthless enough.

A tad strong. :p I've seen Reis hunted first or second thing several times now. It seems an every other game occurrence or so.

Let me point back a few pages where EUROO7 himself states he will kill reis at the first opportunity every single game he plays in.
Euro says he can't be held accountable because people may use it to incriminate him. But I find that unlikely. Most wolves don't play that deliberately into a single person's known behavioural pattern.
The only real possibility is a random hunt targeting reis. And I cannot really discern the difference.

What I meant by that is that Euro's standard spiel appears to be: Hunt reis, vote a packmate on day 1. His behaviour is exactly what I expect from an EURO wolf. And I don't know how to get rid of that suspicion other than by having him lynched.
And what's even more peculiar is how he accused me of being a ruthless packmate voter the second I put that first vote on him. As if he was deliberately trying to make me look bad in advance. Really. What do you think how things would look if Euro died and he turns out to be a wolf? That post was designed to make me look evil. Really.

No, the longer I think about it, the more I am feel I'm on the right thrack here.
So my vote stays, until either Euro dies, or I die.

I find this response very strange, you know. I point out SPLIT's voting and the not-so-villagery sides to them, and you jump on my afterthought where Tamius gave him a possible alibi vote? And the best case against him, day 2, you dismiss with a curt "I'm not buying this"?

I'm not buying this because I do not care how many "not-so-villagery sides" his voting behaviour had, if a single event may obliterate all that shady stuff by means of very good evidence of his innocence.
Yet, that particular bit you are glossing over with a single, curt "possible alibi vote?" sentence.
You shouldn't be tossing up empty statements like this. Look at the actual post. In context. What was the count? What was he responding to? WHY was that vote made when it was made?
And then, and ONLY then, can you conclude this particular event didn't actually clear anyone.

And, lo and behold, you seemed to respond just as dismissively then...

Vague accusation without substantiation. What did I say, exactly? Did I really respond dismissively?
I kinda doubt that, because I felt there was something to that case at the time. Not to mention later on.

I'm not buying this because I do not care how many "not-so-villagery sides" his voting behaviour had, if a single event may obliterate all that shady stuff by means of very good evidence of his innocence.

What single event are you ranting about here, Randy? You seem to be talking about Tamius' vote on day 1, which I labeled 'possible alibi'.

And you know what? That vote has already been analysed, quite thoroughly, because it was that very vote that got Tamius lynched yesterday! There was a 3-way tie and Tamius voted NONE OF THEM. We know Boris, who was in the tie, was a wolf. Euro and Najs were in there too.

We have already clearly established that Tamius deliberately voted away from the tie, trying to save Boris and perhaps even a second wolf in that tie.

So why, of all people, did he vote Split then and there? Who hadn't even gotten a single vote before? Wouldn't you try to slip in an alibi vote in such a situation?

Unofficial votecount

(3) Najs - gigau, Cody, Kingepyon

(2) Split - E_L/Falc, Najs

(1) E_L/Falc - snoop
(1) gigau - Gradiant
(1) Randy - Rendap
(1) EURO - Randy

nv: Split, EURO, Nautilu

Vote Rednap, he is not me and even naughtier, so a very good candidate.

The post that remade the tie between Rendap and Tamius the Evil Waffle yesterday, after gigau and Randy (who switched off again) broke it in tamius' "favor". Just as good a candidate as Split IMO, assuming of course that the wolves are dumb and fail to sell out at least one or two of their packmates, which clearly has already happened.

Najs I am a very bad candidate..... Falc is barking up a wrong tree just because he does not like me

That depends on whether you want to believe that the baddies are among those who haven't lynched baddies or those who have. If it's the latter we'll just have to go randomly so I think I prefer to go for the first alternative for now.

No update ?

EUROO, I am seriously pissed at you. You were here, you had time to argue, yet you didn't vote.

OK, we need subs for Nautilu and EUROO. hdk, reis, anyone?

Final Votecount, Day 3:

(3) Najs - gigau, Cody, Kingepyon

(2) Split - E_L/Falc, Najs
(1) Randy - Rendap, SPLIT

(1) E_L/Falc - snoop
(1) gigau - Gradiant
(1) EURO - Randy

nv: EURO, Nautilu

Thank you, Najs.