• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Divide and conquer!!!

Oct 10th, 1941
Lhumbe (Armaments): An advancement for our calvary that forms the heart of our Mongol army!!! We have now researched Basic Calvary Division!

289basiccalvary.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Basic Calvary??! Basic?! We have achieve basic competency in calvary tactics for centuries! What research is this and for what??! What an insult!

Lhumbe (Armaments): I guess we take it as a precursor to Semi-Motorized Calvary advancement to prepare us better for battles of the 20th century!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Now, that sounds better!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): A stash of blueprints here! Eat it, Mr Lhumbe!

Lhumbe (Armaments): I also is please to announce that we have a recruitment rate of 290 men/day with the conquest of China! Our Mongol army is sure to grow at a new pace!

Oct 11th, 1941
In Southern China where Japanese has made landfall…

290haiphong.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): Probing attacks by Lt Gen Demchegdongrov shows there are a total of 5 enemy divisions there. Their initial beach head at Haiphong is defended by 3 divisions.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Consider them dead! 5 Japanese divisions to pocket! We shall engaged them once we’re done up here!

Oct, 1941
From Jinan, the Mongols makes their move to secure all area south of Yellow River.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): By cutting thru to the coast Yantai, we shall split the enemy concentration in NE China into two! We will do a classic “divide and conquer” technique to destroy the large swarm of Japanese!

291yantai.jpg

On Oct 13th, the Japanese Yantai garrison was destroyed, led by Mj Gen Feklenko’s 8th Diviziya.

Soon after that, the Japanese forces at Yucheng makes a counter-attack to Kaifeng to cut-off Mongol forces at Jinan…

Nyambuu (Intel): Japanese forces attempted to cut off Mongol forces at Jinan again!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): No way that gonna happen again! Send three divisions there to defend it!

Recall the near death situation back in June, 1940 where almost the entire Mongol army was cut-off their supply and under attack. But lightning shall not strike twice at the same place! Defenders rushed to Kaifeng and Mongol stopped the Japanese attempt on Oct 27th. Province of Xuzhou was attacked on same day to capture it to ensure there is no risk of being cut-off again.

Oct-Nov, 1941
The Mongolian airforce has grew to an fleet of three CAS air-wings! The three CAS air-wing is under a respective leader each to honed their skills & XP.
The planes when attacking constantly could totally annihilate a retreating infantry division in a week plus!

292cas.jpg

Lt Gen Smushkevich (1st Squadron): Time to rain lead and hell on the Japanese! :)

Lt Gen Zhalnin (2nd Squadron): See them fall, hundreds of them falling by the hour! ;)

Ulanhu (3rd Squadron & Chief of AirForce) : Yippee, got to play with flying horse! :D:D

Nov 1st, 1941
Yantai fell to Mongol cutting off all Japanese troops north of Yellow River from supply in mainland China as the supply depot in Lianyungang is isolated and effectively created a a two-province pocket of Qingdao-Lianyungang. The Mongols wasted no time!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): The Japanese is divided! EAT them for supper!!

2932pockets.jpg

Hence on the wee morning of Nov 3rd, 1941, Qingdao was attacked. This is followed soon by Lianyungang garrison on Nov 7th.

Nyambuu (Intel): We got them cornered, commander! There is no way out except to hell for them! It’s like shooting at turkeys in a barn. See them scrambling around fruitlessly!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Another nine divisions bagged! Simply perfect! Oh man, I have a sudden urge for a plateful of sushi! Raw! :D

Soon, the last of the enemy men is slaughtered along the China beach. The southern bank of Yellow River is secured! And in a nick of time before snowfall in the face of incoming winter!

Nov 12th, 1941
Choybalsan (Chief of Army): With winter round the corner, we will not engage the Japanese forces around Dadu that may cause heavy casualties. Instead we’ll take care of the Japanese invasion to the south before things goes out of hand!

Lhumbe (Armaments): OK, teleporting our select few to province of Wuzhou with ETA of Nov 30th, 1941! Energize!!!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Huh?!

294teleport.jpg

Eight divisions including one commanded by Choybalsan himself were redeployed.

Dec 2nd, 1941
The Japanese captured Jinghong, cutting off Soviet forces in Indo-China from China!!

Nyambuu (Intel): The Soviet got cut off and out of supply. We save the day by quickly sending supplies over sea convoy to them! And guess what? Stalin reward us by loaning all five divisions there under our control and actually turning over 1st division, 1ya Tuvanska Korpus to us permanently! Comes with a Lt Gen!

295expeditionary.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): This is superb! Stalin respects and treat us fairly! He knows never to forget to appreciate the Mongols!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Alright!! This happens thanks to my decision to build convoy transports! :)

Nyambuu (Intel): We can certainly finish off the Japanese… and her Siamese puppet now!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh yes, the additional troops gonna help for sure. We still have more than half of the Mongol army stuck north defending Jinan to the north so the loaned troops surely helps!

While in Hanoi...
Lt Gen Shoma (1ya Tuvanska Korpus): What?? Me and my division not only have to serve the Mongols but is now considered part of the Mongol army??! Hey, when did I change my citizenship, I still love motherland..!! Noooooo……

And thus the size of the Mongolian army continues to grow whether anyone like it or not!!!

Myth: 90% done. Japanese still occupies most of Mongolia's Manchuria that need to be dealt with soon.

Morlak: Yes, it definitely seems so and this has occured to me in my Tibet game also where my ally Japanese gave me two divisions + their leaders when they send over some expeditionary forces. In this game when Stalin turn over control to me for the 5 divisions, I'd realise one of them is holding Mongolia's flag. There is no option to return it back. It is permanently MINE!!! :)

Slaughter: Manpower is always a problem, the pool is <5. I am always using it as men is recruited. I plan to release some small puppets to help me on garrisoning but haven't decide on the country yet. It is important that these puppets are SMALL as not to spoil the looks of the glorious map of the Mongol Empire.

Enewald: That is for sure, even one day Stalin will bow to descendants of Khan!

Sokraates: I think that man with the bushy mustaches is too busy as his country is being overran from the east by Japanese and west from Germany. Only Khan can save his ass now :)

Morlak: Yes, it definitely seems so and this has occured to me in my Tibet game also where my ally Japanese gave me two divisions + their leaders when they send over some expeditionary forces. In this game when Stalin turn over control to me for the 5 divisions, I'd realise one of them is holding Mongolia's flag. There is no option to return it back. It is permanently MINE!!!

I think that happens when a country gives as expeditionnary forces a division that is already expeditionnary forces. IIRC it happened me once: I gave 3 divisions to South Africa as Netherlands to avoid the capitulation event, but South Africa sent them as expeditionary forces to UK and I wasn't able to reclaim them back anymore. :(

China... liberated from Japanese scourge!!

Dec 6th, 1941

Mongol continue to trade resources for men and arms from Soviet vast arsenal.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): More horses and men for your army, Choybalsan! Here is a calvary division and an infantry division with blazing artillery!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Great! We certainly could use them! Our calvary shall reach the ends of Asia soon enough!

Dec 6th, 1941

All eight Mongolian divisions completed re-deployment in Wuzhou and move out to retake back the Southern China lands from Japanese invasion.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Cut them up!! And finish them off! There is no escape for them!

Maoming was engaged first and the sole Japanese division there routed. On Dec 13th, a Japanese mountain division is pocketed in Linzhou and exterminated!

296southchina.jpg

On Dec 14th, two more pockets created in Jinghong and main Haiphong beach-head and were destroyed by Dec 24th as an Xmas eve gift.

The following year in Jan 14th, all resistance is wiped off!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Another 50,000 Japanese men added to the KIA list. The Japanese better get more sons for their replacement!

Dec 15th, 1941

More startling discoveries by the Mongols… err, captured foreign researches to be exact!

Lhumbe (Armaments): We have completed researching the most advance of all calvary technology, semi-motorized Calvary!!!

297motorcalvary.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Wow, you mean we attached motorized wheels on our horses and they can go further and faster? Sounds interesting but I’m not sure if I still know how to ride those horses!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Well, I’m sure it will make our calvary charges more mean! Yeah!!! Next research is Great War Medium Artillery. I plan to focus on the artillery technologies till we get ourselves mobile artillery so that the pace of our attacks are not impeded by old fashion horse-pulled artillery.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Exactly! Our golden horses should be ridden, not be pulling heavy junkies!

Dec 15th, 1941

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): WTF??!!!! They recall back all their troops!

298sovietreturn.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): Looks like Soviet needs back their resource!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Nah! They must be afraid to follow us deeper into the jungle of IndoChina as they are not used to it! They rather be in bare open Siberia! Well, that mean we get to get the glory for all ourselves!

Dec 21st, 1941

Lhumbe (Armaments): I proclaim here that we have mastered Advanced Construction Engineering! We can now study Production Planning to boost our efficiency of our supplies!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Keep working old man! With these relevant blueprints, you can work twice as fast! Keep it up!

Dec 21st, 1941
The Nazi military machine is tearing a wedge into the Soviet defenses and actually surpass Moscow as Hitler pushes eastward!

299flooddam.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Hitler has pushed deeeeep into Soviet territory and I sense the desperation of Uncle Joe Stalin! I heard that he tried to drown the invaders with his pee after downing barrels of vodka!

Amar (Head of State): Oh yes, I heard of some flooding to halt Hitler’s advance. I thought it was through breaking of some dam. Didn’t know it was Stalin’s pee and that his gut could hold so much to pee that much!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Uncle Joe is certainly using all his personal arsenal!

Jan 1st, 1942
At a new year party at the Great People’s Hall in Ulan Bator, those war cabinet ministers who needn’t to be at the war frontlines were having a good time and trying to brush shoulders with those who decides new cabinet appointments…

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Hey, so any reshuffling this year?

Amar (Head of State): Oh, well! I dunno. Is an infusion of new blood needed to maintain our momentum?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Let’s check out our options… Hmm, the latest updated bio-data of Choybalsan include abilities as Armament Minister! Apparently if we put him on the job, we could get a +5% industrial output capacity and an increased in industrial research as well by a whopping 10%!
Hey.... Mr Lhumbe, should be you replace? By our brilliant Choybalsan?

3001942cabinet.jpg

Lhumbe (Armaments): Me??! Oh nooooOOOO! :eek: That is not the way to treat an old man like me! I have contributed too much to the success of Mongolia!! Choybalsan is too busy fighting a war in IndoChina now and cannot be supervising all the research work and managing war industries at home!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Any more reasons?

Lhumbe (Armaments): I have build the Mongolia industry capability to remarkable levels of 62/45 from reference of less than 10!! If you don’t understand that what I say is it simply means we’re marvelous all because of me!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Hmm, could you just gimme one more compelling reason?

Lhumbe (Armaments): Yes, I look like the great Genghis Khan if he had live to 65!

Amar (Head of State): Holy Khan!! It is true!!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Oh, that means you must be preserve! No change in cabinet proposed!
Well, what else can we change today? New Year is incomplete without something new!

Amar (Head of State): Tweak our policy to something new?

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Yes!! Of course!! We declare to the world we will be more interventionist this year!

Jan 21st, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): For preserving my job early this year, I give you Improved Computing Machine to preserve the realm of Hoi2 in a future tool called the computer as advised by our soothsayers whatever that means!! We shall continue thrusting forward into this so called computing technology by learning Advanced Computing Machine!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Wow, glad to have given you the job! The future of our universe depends on you!

Feb 16th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): More from me! Great War Medium Artillery researched. Going for Great War HEAVY artillery.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Whoah! All these heavy thingy will slow us down! Mobility is key! Our horses cannot charge into battle pulling one ton of clunky steel hunk!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Well, we gotta researched some basic horse-pulled ones before we can learn self propelled versions! I am really thinking ahead!

Feb 17th, 1942
Back in the north bank of Yellow River in the province of Yucheng where Japanese still controls their last strip of China.…

Nyambuu (Intel): General, the Japanese has been attacking and beating back the Soviets to and fro non-stop for the whole winter. And our close air-support has been bombarding to death 2-3 Japanese divisions that dared to step out from main army concentration. I believe the whole Japanese army there is in a weaken state. I suggest you do direct probing attack and assess!

A militia division was send in to assess Japanese strength.

Gen Luvsan (2nd Armija): You’re right, they are indeed weakened and disorganized from our frontline report!

The next day, Gen Luvsan unleash the full fury of a hundred Khans on the LAST Japanese position in China from Tianjin and across the southern Yellow River bank position from Jinan in the midst of winter.

301yucheng.jpg

Gen Luvsan (2nd Armija): Yes, we’re winning over them! Despite their larger numbers, we are finishing them off! All due to Mongol power!!

In the last Japanese pocket, 130,000+ enemy men were slain in the cold of the winter! :p

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): This is a momentous victory, Gen. Luvsan!!

302posteryucheng2.jpg

And hence from the cries of the dying, comes the rebirth of the new Yuan dynasty of China! As of Feb 18th, it is back to Mongol rule for all of China!!! :D

Last edited:
Enormous victory...will you focus on naval warfare to invade japanese mainland from now?

Did discuss my option in the previous thread. Mongol army will take a decade to build which is too long and won't live during building up stage since IJN will did devastating port-strikes at Mongol's infant navy. Strike peace demanding a foothold in mainland Japan and build up my fleet of TPs. After 2 years, unleash hell.

Enewald said:
The people of the eastern isles will be back one day... only to be entrapped and killed again and again.
Peace with Japan?
Warscore is not good, Japanese has the upperhand since they occupy Mongolia's Manchuria. Need to eliminate Japanese forces in Manchuria-Siberia first. Yep, Japanese will surely land again, and I just have to kill them again since I could not garrison all the beach province. But priority will be Siberia as Stalin is pissing in his pants now.

Morlak said:
You should make Peace with Japan and retake Siberia from Stalin!
Peace with Japan soon after they are eliminated from Manchuria-Siberia, conquest of Korea to improve me warscore to allow Mongol to make good territorrial demands. Soviet is ally that Mongol will need to help... for now :)
U know, in the political world, friends are not forever... muahahahaaa! ;)

Its comforting to see, that you honor tradition not only by conquering what was (more or less) rightfully yours a few hundred years before, but also by keeping any Ghenghis look-alike you can find in the cabinet (though some might say you only did that because you need the supplies for trading with the Soviets). Maybe we will see a horde of Lhumbe/Ghenghis look-alikes soon. All for the glory of the Mongol Empire. :D

Which reminds me: At some point you will absoltely have to mod the game and rename Mongolia to Mongol Empire.

One last question: Did you bother infiltating Japan with spies? If so, how many divisions do the Japanese still have left?

Its comforting to see, that you honor tradition not only by conquering what was (more or less) rightfully yours a few hundred years before, but also by keeping any Ghenghis look-alike you can find in the cabinet (though some might say you only did that because you need the supplies for trading with the Soviets). Maybe we will see a horde of Lhumbe/Ghenghis look-alikes soon. All for the glory of the Mongol Empire. :D

Which reminds me: At some point you will absoltely have to mod the game and rename Mongolia to Mongol Empire.

One last question: Did you bother infiltating Japan with spies? If so, how many divisions do the Japanese still have left?

The Mongolian cabinet and leaders are "tainted" with Soviets ones. Well, no choice, got to live with it as I did not intend to mod the potraits.
Yes, Japanese have been infiltrated, as all major enemy nation like German and Italy. Japs has about 120+ divisions but have reduced to 101 the last time I checked and German have 228 and Italy 50+. My issue with Japanese is they have not do a Pearl Harbor on US yet and it is already mid 1942! :mad:
I need them to be engaged elsewhere else Mongol gonna face a long battle to hold on to China and the seas are practically off-limits.

redox said:
In the last Japanese pocket, 130,000+ enemy men were slain in the cold of the winter

That's just brutal! Oh the humanity...

That is just Khan-like! ;) It is not going to be the last Japanese pocket though, so unfortuntaly for you more brutality will follows.... :(
Well, cannot stop the Japs from making landing pockets all over the vast Mongolian empire. They ask for it! :D

When Bitter Peace rolls around won't the Japanese get part of Siberia and make peace with the Soviets and, therefore, you?

I thought that Soviet only cede land to German? That is the plan so that I could conquer the former Soviet lands from German later and claim it for myself! :D That is a good way to grab land from an ally!

Anyway if part of Siberia goes to Japanese, it is of no major concern to me. The goal now is to eliminate as many Japanese in Siberia to reduce their army strength. I didn't expect Japanese to get a share in the spoils of war in bitter peace outcome as they are not in an alliance with German.

Siamese campaign!

303mekong.jpg

It is time for a deeper foray into Indo-China with the aim of becoming the new master of the Siamese kingdom who is now a puppet of the Japanese! Bangkok, here we comes!! – F.M. Choybalsan

Feb 18th, 1942
Choybalsan (Chief of Army): The plan is straight forward. We want a quick walkover to Bangkok and get them to switch allegiance to us as Mongol is greater than Japan! Let’s cross the Mekong river and begin the assault!
And hence the offensive into Siam begins.

304mekongattack.jpg

Mar 6th, 1942
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): USA declare the war on…. Germany!!!

305uswargerman.jpg

Amar (Head of State): Oh good! But wait, we rather if they declare on Japan??!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Damn, my spiritual astrologer predicted that Japanese was suppose to attack US end of last year but nothing happen yet! But instead, US attack someone else! :confused:

Amar (Head of State): Maybe that guy got the nations mixed up!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Double-Damn! I gonna put that old man’s head on the chopping block! I was hoping the US could help draw away some of the Japanese resources! Now with Soviet busy in the western front, we gotta take care of Imperial Japanese ourselves!

Mar 15th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): “Production Planning” researched, going on to “Production Control”.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): What does all this planning and control do??! Does it gives me more guns?

Lhumbe (Armaments): It improves our supply efficiency, sir! Once that is done we could improve mass production. And yes, we could eventually build more guns and faster too!

Mar 29th, 1942
The initial element of the Mongolian spearhead have reached the outskirts of Bangkok, capital of Siam!

306bangkokassault.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Let’s kick some Japanese-friendly butts out of the city!

Nyambuu (Intel): Beware, commander! We may not be able to hold it as they have significant reinforcement to the north which will counter-attack.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We’ll launch some preliminary attacks prior to actually moving in while waiting for the rest of the slower artillery backed divisions to joined us.

The first battle of Bangkok begun on March 29th. Another on April 4th with the final one on May 2nd where Choybalsan forces move into the city to capture it.

307casattack.jpg

As the battle of Bangkok is raging, Japanese puny air-force attempted to disrupt the Mongolian spearhead in Phnom Penh. But to no avail of course. The Mongols are too strong and out-endure the attackers and are here to stay!

April 1942
A month of great deals with Stalin for Mongolians! On Apr 4th and 11th, Luvsanshara managed to strike two deals that gave Mongolian the last two calvary that Soviet have and also the first infantry division with a brigade of self-propelled Katyusha rocket launchers!

308deals.jpg

309sd.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): See my negotiating skills my fellow comrades! We have total of six calvary divisions now, all of what Stalin ever have before.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Finally, we can now form a corps strength calvary super-force just like the ancient days!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Don’t forget the mobile rockets! You could now have increased firepower without sacrificing mobility!

Lhumbe (Armaments): We could use it to equip our elite veteran divisions and of course, our speedy calvary!

310katyusha.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Imagine the enemy see a column of our calvary charging towards them and then fiery rocket slamming at their position as well. We could overrun anything now!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): As our most veteran and distinguished soldiers, I present the latest arsenal from the inventory of Mongol armory! A self-propelled rocket brigade shall replace your regular artillery brigade. With your winter fighting skill and efficient handling of logistics, you deserve this the most!

311genghiskhan.jpg

Lt Gen Badrak (Genghis Khan Korpus): Oh man, new boy toys! This is cool! :cool:

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): This is just the 1st delivery of the eventual three to replace out all your old artillery brigades!

Lt Gen Badrak (Genghis Khan Korpus): It shall promise us more victory!

April 17th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): We have researched err… Great War Heavy Artillery! :eek:o

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): We were just talking about advance state-of-the-art mobile rockets and you’re talking about some heavy WW1 era artillery pieces?!! Who’s gonna pull them and does it have more firepower than an arrow?? :mad:

Lhumbe (Armaments): Well, sir! We have to complete researching the older techs before we go on. Just gimme time for two more stages and we shall be able to build self-propelled artillery straight from our war-assembly plants!

312artytree.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That better happen! No forces of mine shall be lugging those old heavies!

April 26th, 1942
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Report in Choybalsan! Is our empire growing well like a blossoming flower in spring?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We have made inroads into Manchuria and is seizing Harbin now. Soon, all center of power of Manchuria will be in our hands!

313northernfront.jpg

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): The Japanese number many to the north! What’s your plan to tackle them?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We plan to capture all the coastline and isolate all the Japanese troopers in Manchuria and Siberia! But there is an issue to carry that out, more than half of my army is still stuck in Siam. The jungle and mountain region is taking a longer time than we thought! We need a larger contingent of soldiers to hold the planned encirclement.

Nyambuu (Intel): The original schedule expects Siam to be already in our hands and our main army back enroute to Siberia in April. Well, but shit happens…

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): So our Manchurian front forces must hold up to Japan for now and only break-out when our Southern Front Army is available.

May 4th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): A true advance! I present “Advance Computing Machine”!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Wow, its like from the future! With this, we know Khan is with us! Psst, what it does btw?

Lhumbe (Armaments): It helps my research speed by +5%!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): What in it for me?! I need bigger and better guns!

Lhumbe (Armaments): You get it when Mongol’s technological prowess is on-par with our western enemies so to improve research speed is vital.
We shall begin researching “Rear Area Repair” next so that a battle-worn division could be back into frontline in no time!

May 5th, 1942
Finally, the inevitable happen! The Venice of the East with its abundance of King’s palaces and Buddhist temple structures falls into the ever-righteous Mongolian hands!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Let’s send a delegation to Bangkok to demand peace, land and their allegiance to the great Mongolian empire!

314fallbangkok.jpg

But unfortunately, negotiations are not successful! Apparently when you “demand”, the other party stiffen their position. (In Hoi2 terms, the war-score drop from 68% to a pathetic 29%!)

Amar (Head of State): We gonna have to try every week for a few more months if there are progress to just give them a chance. We are Khan the merciful! Well, if we get them on our side, we could get more than a dozen divisions to immediately serve us.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): The only other alternative for them is death. If they think Japanese is in position to help, they a dead wrong!