• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How did you get that much land with venice in 1579 :O

Ah, that's just colonising. Easy stuff as long as you can afford the colonies. Though inheriting Castile less then 5 years after I converted to monarchy helped in terms of getting closer cores for colonial range. As for a new record - total tax (and pop growth) are generally going to track with largest CoT - I suppose its possible to take one of those without the CoT record but unlike. Seems a little redundent. Though if you really WANT to give me a new record, I won't protest to strongly. Now - if you want a REAL new record (and also to see the really scary part of my Venice game): how about most personal unions at once at 20 (Smolensky is off the bottom of the list in the screenie)? Napals and a 3 province Prussia are the only non-OPM christian monarchies that my king doesn't rule. One of these days my monarch will pass away and his son will find that he's inherited all of Europe in one go. Take that Charles V!

EU3_33-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, until you do, Azonalanthious, I'd like to claim CoT size and Population growth records with this (linked to above)
hrejan1821newvienna.jpg

Should have been bigger, if I'd managed to close down Mohawk when I got it, but it's still not bad.

There! Mine! ;)

EU3_32-1.jpg

EU3_31-1.jpg

I hadn't gotten around to india yet, but a quick raid to grab Dadra, forming the east india company, forming the Neatherlands (which had been waiting on founding the non-dutch east india company for over a hundred years), forming the DUTCH east india company, and founding the bank of amsterdam did the trick. And that was the last high-free trade decision I was waiting for - now I can start going merchantile for the East Indian Trade Route. :D

Can I claim the record for holding a record for the shortest amount of time? :p

Out of interest, was that deliberately planned to be a big CoT or did it just happen? I know my New Vienna just emerged from me routinely closing down any CoT I captured below the threshold, but otherwise I didn't do anything particularly interesting trade-wise.

EDIT:
Actually I'm going to claim the record for highest population growth back, simply by making it my National Focus and passing Conduct Population Census decision. At the cost of 100,000 lives, 97% growth:
newvienna97.jpg

(And if you do the same, we might see if growth is capped, and if so, at 99% or 100%.)

Last edited:
EU3_34-1.jpg

I had already moved my NF there for other reasons, so just had to pop off a census. Unfortunately trade is down a hair at the moment ('only' 7850) so we don't quite get to see if there is a cap or not. I'll keep an eye out though - we'll find out eventually this game. I think the Lisboa CoT I used to first take the record was over 100 growth when it peaked, but I don't have any screeneis of when it was at its highest, so I could be remembering wrong.

:rofl:

I can only imagine the cause of such increase.

"New Scientific Discovery"

Advisor xxx has made a ground breaking discovery that makes humans multiply like rabbits. He wants to try it on city yyy. Yes/No?
Actually, it's to simulate towns in the new world that exploded in size due to successful economies. Remember that this is actually 750% every ten years, and the modifier doesn't last that long.

Hmm. How about the categories 'Most prestige from an Acceptable peace deal' and 'Most Infamy from and acceptabale peace deal'? Or some shorter, more catchy way to phrase those concepts? Infamy on this one wouldn't/won't last long, but the prestige may hang in there for a bit.

EU3_35-1.jpg

I promised you that I'll leave the game playing for the night and here I am, back with 14 hours of full minting:

infaltion.jpg

I started by taking a few loans, then just leaving the game running. I also noticed that I had lost some territory during the years.

I also have a record for the highest AI BB:

aibb.jpg

I promised you that I'll leave the game playing for the night and here I am, back with 14 hours of full minting:

I started by taking a few loans, then just leaving the game running. I also noticed that I had lost some territory during the years.

I also have a record for the highest AI BB:

aibb.jpg

How long did that game last? I'd love to see a World map.:p