• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Amercareth

Private
50 Badges
Feb 23, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
I'm currently playing a game as Japan. I've conquered all of India and Burma. I noticed India has a core on most of those provinces. Is it possible to liberate India as a puppet? (I'm having a lot of difficulty supplying my troops there).

you can only liberate nations whose provinces you own, not only control

Is there a way I can come to own India? I don't think I can add that as a war goal, can I?

I think you can add it as a wargoal, but even if you do, it still won't be "yours" till the UK gives it up.

If you are having trouble supplying troops there (trust me, I understand), you can:

A) start a massive INFRa project in China/Yunnan (that's where the bottleneck most likely is; most of india's INFRA is great)
B) reduce your troopcount in India. Easiest method... if you are "defending" the area with divisions of, say, 3xINF, then reduce it to 2xINF for now. But keep the ports covered ;p
C) Go invade London and kick the UK out of the game. Of course, that may very well BE the end of the game.

and of course, you can always reserach the supply throughput techs ahead of schedule. It helps a bit.

Is there a way I can come to own India? I don't think I can add that as a war goal, can I?

You are probably better off with India as occupied territory and running a collaborationist govt. Annexing would REALLY hammer your supply lines. Make sure you limit troops in India to the very least you can get away with, manually run supply convoys straight from Tokio to Calcutta, and try to limit the fuel burners in India. You can also pull up your supply map, look at the supply path into India and as themousemaster said raise the infrastructure on that path. Also try to reduce revolt risk along that path to reduce the supply drain. And make sure whatever port is your supply depot is garrisoned!