• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: Amazing work. :D I just had a couple questions -
1. I seem to have an extra light ship after summing the fleet in my capital and a tripwire fleet in Shanhai I5. Is one of these two fleets carrying an extra ship, or do I have 18 light ships in total? I'm guessing the former given that the latter isn't reflected in my expenses, but if so, which ship is absent?
2. Running the math, I ran into an interesting anomaly. Summing the Order of Divine Light's base, population, and industry incomes, then subtracting their military upkeep and administrative overhead, I keep getting a total of +166, not +164. It's essentially just penny-packets, but am I missing a figure?
3. Military seems to gain upkeep based on infantry figures as well as fleet (based on what appears to be a tiered threshold, with some variation like contrasting Manx West to the Kalji and Crimea to keep things interesting), but the Union of Communes doesn't seem to have this.

Also, Merchanos seems to be doing an amazing job for themselves, with the highest population and industrial growth. I'm rather impressed. ^_^

Whoops! I seemed to have missed that one light ship. Will rectify that error. As for the Order of Divine Light...I don't know. I might've made an error, but I honestly do not know.

3. They don't? I will have to look into that.

Also, why "Shanhai"? Don't you mean "Shanghai"? :p

EDIT: Stats fixed. Thank you for notifying me of that.

Last edited:
Whoops! I seemed to have missed that one light ship. Will rectify that error. As for the Order of Divine Light...I don't know. I might've made an error, but I honestly do not know.

3. They don't? I will have to look into that.

Also, why "Shanhai"? Don't you mean "Shanghai"? :p

EDIT: Stats fixed. Thank you for notifying me of that.
OOC:

3. Oh, I think I figured out why. I just realized that I lumped colony flotilla upkeeps in the military upkeep, since they're all ships and I didn't see any other places to include them. If you didn't do that, that would explain both them and the Imperium of Manx (West). I'm really sorry for the false notice.

Nope, actually; it's named after an Earth place, but one that's in a completely different location with very similar hanzi (Shanhai = Mountain and Sea; Shanghai = Above the sea). There's also another reason that name was convenient, actually.

OOC:

3. Oh, I think I figured out why. I just realized that I lumped colony flotilla upkeeps in the military upkeep, since they're all ships and I didn't see any other places to include them. If you didn't do that, that would explain both them and the Imperium of Manx (West). I'm really sorry for the false notice.

Nope, actually; it's named after an Earth place, but one that's in a completely different location with very similar hanzi (Shanhai = Mountain and Sea; Shanghai = Above the sea). There's also another reason that name was convenient, actually.

Oh dear, I seem to have forgotten those colony flotillas. Right, removed that ghost flotilla from West-Manx and added upkeep from the UC flotilla. I can say that I have an excuse though.

OOC: Cool update but Now What happens?

Doing something?

Last edited:
The Treaty of Escondido

The Union of Central American Nations shall hereby cease hostilities with the Human-Sandhana Republic.
The Union of Central American Nations shall break the alliance with the Kingdom of Komnenia.
The Union of Central American Nations shall enter into an alliance with the Human-Sandhana Republic.
The Union of Central American Nations shall initiate hostilities with the Kingdom of Komnenia.
The Union of Central American nations shall recognise A4 system as the rightful territory of the Human-Sandhana Republic.

The Human-Sandhana Republic shall recognise Komnenia as rightfully belonging to the Union of Central American Nations.
The Human-Sandhana Republic shall recognise the system of Kalamburia (A1) as being under the protection of the Union of Central American Nations.
The Human-Sandhana Republic shall allow UCAN military and civilian vessels to pass freely throughout Human-Sandhana territory.

[X] Signed, President Jorge Alejandro de Santandera of the Union of Central American Nations
[X] President Frio Malhana

Last edited:
It is with great pleasure that we sign this treaty with our dear Central American friends.

[X] Signed, President Frio Malhana

OOC: More IC coming soon

kingdomofkomneniajpg.jpg

The Kingdom of Komnenia

The Kingdom of Komnenia would like to state that in light of this "treaty" - this agreed partition of our fair nation - it sees the Union of Central American Nations as dishonourable warmongerers. We knew that it was a mistake allying with you in the first place, even accepting your help. We now see that the goal of the Central American dictator was simply pressuring the Human-Sandhana Republic into allowing the tyrannical UCAN to seize more land for themselves. These actions by what we thought was an honourable ally are despicable, but we shall fight to the last man regardless!

Last edited:
The Merchantian-Farunena Treaty of Friendship

1. Merchanos will yield its claim of the D5 system in favor of Farunenion
2. The F2 system will be recognized as Merchantian
3. Merchanos and Farunenion will enter into a trade agreement
4. Merchanos and Farunenion will enter into an alliance.
5. Merchanos will support the claims of Farunenion on D5

[X] The Meritus of Merchanos
[] Kiu Farasion, President of Farunenion

EDIT: It should be noted that the deadline for orders for 2654 will be Friday the 8th of June 2012 (NOT the 1st)

The Merchantian-Farunena Treaty of Friendship

1. Merchanos will yield its claim of the D5 system in favor of Farunenion
2. The F2 system will be recognized as Merchantian
3. Merchanos and Farunenion will enter into a trade agreement
4. Merchanos and Farunenion will enter into an alliance.
5. Merchanos will support the claims of Farunenion on D5

[X] The Meritus of Merchanos

[X] Kiu Farasion, President of Farunenion

Last edited:
IC:
"The Dragon and Tiger Throne of the Sovereign Empire of Shenzhou wishes to enquire after the reason for the continued fleet build-up by the Brotherhood of Stars near the Shanhai system. Though we are sure all of our nations are still interested in friendly relations after our amicable resolution of the Aluxian crisis, there has been some concern domestically regarding the increase in strength by the Brotherhood. To this end, we would like to propose a non-aggression treaty between our powers, as well as an agreement to withdraw our forces from the systems denoted by the coordinates I2, I4, and I5. Is this acceptable to the Brotherhood?"

"An eminently sensible suggestion, to which the Brotherhood will happily agree. "

OOC: No idea why half my fleet is on my border with you when I'm at war with a superior foe, certainly wasn't my intention. Also did our trade agreement already fizzle out, or did it never happen in the first place?

flag2i.png

The Free and Imperial State of Gerdutches

We shall stand by the Kjell-Mora Corporation in their struggle against asserting ownership of a system that is rightfully theirs. This nation, peaceful at heart, interesting in industry and commerce, will never yield to the tyrants chains. We will try all means needed to try and come to a peaceful conclusion to this issue, but we shall not be threatened by expansionism and militaristic prowess.

The Trade Order has, after deliberation and a majority vote, decided to allow Merchanos observer status. However, we stress that we do not want anything to do with the conflict between Merchanos and the Order of Divine Light.

Merchanos is enthusiastic about the prospects for future co-operation and increased prosperity that this new status in the Trade Order confers. May peaceful and harmonious trade result between members.

Treaty of Pax

The Black Bloc and the Purian Hierarchy hereby pledge themselves, with the purpose of avoiding war, to establish a joint ownership of the L4 system, which will be divided into a Purian area and a Black Bloc area.

The Black Bloc will acknowledge system L3 as a Turian zone of interest.

System L4, henceforth designated as Pax, will become a DMZ, with limited military forces, limiting ground force deployment to 20.000 troops and naval deployment to 3 light ships and 1 medium ship.

The Purian hierarchy and the Black Bloc shall also open up a trade route, between the Black Bloc and the Purian home systems, using system Pax as a hub.

The Black Bloc will be granted the right to open an embassy within the Purian home system, and the Purian hierarchy will be granted the right to open an embassy within the Black Bloc home system.

[X] Anonymous, on behalf of the Black Bloc
[ ] Primarch Inbellis, on behalf of the Purian Hierarchy

OOC: If they cheat on this I'm nuking them to the Stone Age.

Treaty of Pax

The Black Bloc and the Purian Hierarchy hereby pledge themselves, with the purpose of avoiding war, to establish a joint ownership of the L4 system, which will be divided into a Purian area and a Black Bloc area.

The Black Bloc will acknowledge system L3 as a Turian zone of interest.

System L4, henceforth designated as Pax, will become a DMZ, with limited military forces, limiting ground force deployment to 20.000 troops and naval deployment to 3 light ships and 1 medium ship.

The Purian hierarchy and the Black Bloc shall also open up a trade route, between the Black Bloc and the Purian home systems, using system Pax as a hub.

The Black Bloc will be granted the right to open an embassy within the Purian home system, and the Purian hierarchy will be granted the right to open an embassy within the Black Bloc home system.

[X] Anonymous, on behalf of the Black Bloc
[X] Primarch Inbellis, on behalf of the Purian Hierarchy