• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Emperor of Europe

Field Marshal
25 Badges
Sep 21, 2000
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Hi

Assume you're playing as the King of Denmark. You're busy bringing the gospel to the heathens in the Baltic, but you need to be ready if an opportunity presents itself in Sweden or Saxony.

So how about this: You select the Swedish king and the submenu "Flag Character". Here you select that you want to be notified if he dies and if his spouse dies. So you're ready to either take advantage of a weak heir ascending to the throne or marry your daughter to the grief struck King.

I realize that the current notification settings probably can inform me of this already. But I don't want to be notified when the King of Far-Awayistan loses his wife. That's just information clutter. I want to be able to select the rulers around me and select for which specific events in their life I need a special notification.

Now, is that a great idea or a grand idea?

rgds/EoE

maybe a kind a region based filter for history log could fit here

Seems like a working idea. I'd use it. Sadly, it's probably too late to add now so we'll have to wait for it to be patched or sold as a DLC if Paradox decides that they like the idea.

Which I think they should. =)

Well there is still 4 months left to the release and it dosen't really sound like something hard to do, so they can probably add it if they decide to

I support having such a feature as it would be nice to have a "Personage Event Index" for lack of a better term for now.

As far as I know, the filter in Sengoku is only general (your family, your vassals, all rulers), but what the OP means is to flag one specific character and get notifications regarding him/her (like you want to know how Edgar the true king of England is doing after the Norman conquest, simply for fun).

This would be a good idea. In DVIP I occasionally had the urge to look at how the Nubian royal family was doing in exile, but obviously this could be used for much more practical purposes. :p

Ithink what you guys mean is Subscription or to "Subscribe" to a character. Where you'd only need to click a button on the character's page and you'd be given updates on every bit of news regarding a subscribed character OR, if that's too much, is to add a "Subcribed Characters" tab somewhere along where tabs fit and inside this would be a list of characters you've subscribed to so that you can just click on a character's name/pic skipping the search process.

And now that I've mentioned search, a search tab for names/provinces/titles would be neat too.

Hi

Assume you're playing as the King of Denmark. You're busy bringing the gospel to the heathens in the Baltic, but you need to be ready if an opportunity presents itself in Sweden or Saxony.

So how about this: You select the Swedish king and the submenu "Flag Character". Here you select that you want to be notified if he dies and if his spouse dies. So you're ready to either take advantage of a weak heir ascending to the throne or marry your daughter to the grief struck King.

I realize that the current notification settings probably can inform me of this already. But I don't want to be notified when the King of Far-Awayistan loses his wife. That's just information clutter. I want to be able to select the rulers around me and select for which specific events in their life I need a special notification.

Now, is that a great idea or a grand idea?

rgds/EoE

give this man a place among paradox and a throne made of Bacon. I really want this in every game. You are my god!!q11!a

M'agrada !
I support this idea wholeheartedly ! :)

Adding my voice to the others saying I like this idea. I know in CK1, especially as the game goes on, you can have a large list of individuals you want to keep track of for a whole host of reasons. That being said, even if the notification triggers on "something happened involving character X" that'd be enough for me.