• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good stuff!

I'm already thinking of gamey tactics like selling poor provinces to vassals in order to increase their forcelimit without mine changing :rofl:

Actually, yours would reduce.. as you only get 1/2 of the force limit it would provide if it was yours.

Actually, yours would reduce.. as you only get 1/2 of the force limit it would provide if it was yours.
Do the vassals lose any forcelimit, or is the forcelimit for vassal provinces effectively 1.5 times what it would be 'free'?

Anyone else noticed Cyprus on King's screenshot has a mission to "Protect against Lorraine"? :)

That is because Cyprus has Cosmopolitaine as it's Primary culture so has Missions specific to that culture/culture group. (The same applies to having rivals from that culture group). While historical I've never liked the fact that it produced odd results like this which is why I came up with using a Crusader culture in a couple of my mods for it, The Knights and others.

As to the DD I like the changes and can't wait for DW to be released.

Would the vassal still get 100% of the force limit or do they lose half their force limit to their overlord?

Seems like no changes in russian region, as always

I would say that the Horde feature affects the gameplay in the Russian region ;)

Otherwise, several mods including MEIOU have improved that area...

The UI looks taller. Normally I have to scroll down to send gifts, is this a new feature or something to do with resolution? I'm using 1920x1080.

I'm surprised people neglect using spheres, I think they're helpful. What else are you gonna use all that wasted prestige on once you hit 100? A large sphere gives you nearly endless CB's and if you decline a defensive war from a sphere member, you don't suffer prestige hit like with a guarentee.

Do the vassals lose any forcelimit, or is the forcelimit for vassal provinces effectively 1.5 times what it would be 'free'?

Would the vassal still get 100% of the force limit or do they lose half their force limit to their overlord?

I'd also like to hear an answer to this question.

Great news just one thing, I for one cannot really see a reason why I wouldnt call my vassals to arms, after all, every province that they take becomes one of my provinces. Will it cost diplomats to call someone to war? or how does the call to arms system work? One button for all vassals would be ideal for instance.

I can think of a huge reason not to call your vassals to war: Buffer zones. If nobody else can have military access through them, and they're between you and your enemy, you can attack, without having to defend. Pretty handy.

I think, overall, this has been one of my favorite dev diaries ever in terms of revealed features and diplomatic tweaks. When DW was announced, it seemed like a relatively simple package of things - new map, revamped China and Japan, assorted other changes - but the "assorted other changes" are blowing me out of the water. Just like HttT! :p

It's only kind of related, but I'm a little sad that province borders still look kinda...cartoony. Bit of a weird juxtaposition with the coastal regions, there.
Very nice. :D

Just a question will there be any changes in the Balkan Greece region? It always bothers me that the majority of this territory becomes Sunni Turkish, or that some islands actually become Cosmopolitain, By 1600 Greek usually all but disapears as a culture and all Greece is Muslim. Are there plans to change this?

Nice work with the vassals'actions and weight on the forcelimit :), talk about removing exploits!

From the screen it seems that out of your trade range also means no alliances, RM, and so on...makes complete sense!