• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Kristina may have 15 stars ... ABBA has more :D Now that is real Swedish domination

This AAR will be taking a break for the next two and a half weeks or so as I head off for a break over Christmas and a spot of mountain climbing in the Southern Alps. Merry Christmas to everyone and a happy new year!

Same to you! Have a nice trip, I'll be back when you are :)

Meh...she's a chick. She won't be a leader on the field. :p

That's what I've come to, Duke...my green envy at your leaders and monarchs...insults. ;)

Well done, to say the least. Nice work getting Hanover to control the war somewhat in the Netherlands. How much interest do you have at all on the other side of the Baltic? Any Atlantic desire?

Enjoy the trip and the time off. :)

Come on Wellington! Sweden must expand! And if your task to creat your baltic empire is completed to fast, crush russia :)

I figured I'd wander over and take a look at your new AAR...nice work crushing everyone around you.

I had forgotten how uberpowerful Sweden was in EUII. At least in EUIII they occasionally lose, since they don't get historical leaders...

I figured I'd wander over and take a look at your new AAR...nice work crushing everyone around you.

I had forgotten how uberpowerful Sweden was in EUII. At least in EUIII they occasionally lose, since they don't get historical leaders...

I hadn't played them before in earnest and so although I heard they were overpowered I didn't quite know it was so much.

OK, it’s been quite a while since I last updated so first a little referesher. I’m Sweden. Right, that’s probably starting things a little too early and I think you’re aware of that. Last time I had just concluded successful wars with Brandenburg, Poland and their allies giving me unbroken control of the north Baltic from Skane to Danzig. Mecklenburg, my staunch little ally had also just agreed to be subsumed within the growing Swedish empire.
9-1.png

The region in question.

The next target is naturally Pommern. Two juicy provinces that will give me a land connection to Mecklenburg. To make things easy they’ve even got themselves into an odd and useless alliance.
4-1.jpg

Seriously, how are these guys going to help? Why would they help?

I’m hated pretty solidly the world over. So obviously I’m doing well. Technically I’m at war with England and Sicily, but since neither offers gains worth the effort I immediately send a white peace offer which is accepted.
8-1.png

Tall poppy syndrome strikes.

I soon get this event.
1-2.jpg

I opt for the first option. The loss of base tax isn’t good but the other option loses 3 stability and I could do with shifting to aristocracy and reducing serfdom for the reduced cavalry and stability costs respectively. If you want to do an economic analysis it mightn’t be entirely worthwhile. I on the other hand want to play the game and I don’t like -3 stability.

10-1.png

My old enemies decide to duke it out completing a nice war triangle. It’s a bit like a love triangle except less messy. I guess I will take on the winner, or loser, or maybe both.

7-1.png

Just what I needed another leader. This is actually getting a bit ridiculous. I have four armies and seven good leaders. I just can’t use them all.
12-2.png

I soon get this event pop up. A stability hit for a CB on Poland. Seems fair to me. Poland and Brandenburg still haven’t sorted out their war. Looks like I won’t even need to wait to see who wins, I’ll simply take on Poland now.
2-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

Well I couldn’t take that stability hit and do nothing about it could I?

So the war begins with a quick invasion to make use of the spring and summer before the winter snows arrive. Green arrows indicate future paths once the first forts have fallen.
11-1.png

Yay, it's back!

OK, it’s been quite a while since I last updated so first a little referesher. I’m Sweden.

And the start was certainly hilarious, I like the self-irony :rofl:

My old enemies decide to duke it out completing a nice war triangle. It’s a bit like a love triangle except less messy.

What a brilliant philosophy :D

Looks like a good plan for the war. And I second Enewald's question - what are you seeking to gain in Poland?