• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Kelvin

Occam's Chainsaw
7 Badges
Aug 22, 2002
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • For The Glory
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • 500k Club
Did anyone encounter problems using the condition in this example?

Code:
someof = {
	number = 3
	owned = { province = 475 data = -1 } #Trebizond
	owned = { province = 472 data = -1 } #Armenia
	owned = { province = 483 data = -1 } #Kilikia
	owned = { province = 1747 data = -1 } #Kappadokia
	}

I've got the "Unknown tag in trigger" if I use it...

I'm probably wrong, but try an extra bracket at the end.

What am I doing wrong here?

Code:
trigger = {
	event = 90000
	NOT = {	exists = SER }
	someof = {
		number = 3
		owned = { province = 355 data = -1 } #Syrmia
		owned = { province = 1920 data = -1 }#Serbia
		owned = { province = 1397 data = -1 } #Kosovo
		owned = { province = 1923 data = -1 } #Zeta
		}
	}

random = NO
	... (the rest of the event)

Maybe a stupid question but the trigger was only added in 1.2 so are you sure you are using that patch? If you are then I cannot see anything wrong with what you posted and I can confirm, like ConjurerDragon, that I do not get any error message when using it in my events.

What am I doing wrong here?

Code:
trigger = {
	event = 90000
	NOT = {	exists = SER }
	someof = {
		number = 3
		owned = { province = 355 data = -1 } #Syrmia
		owned = { province = 1920 data = -1 }#Serbia
		owned = { province = 1397 data = -1 } #Kosovo
		owned = { province = 1923 data = -1 } #Zeta
		}
	}

random = NO
	... (the rest of the event)

Best post the event as a whole and not always a small part of it. Sometimes the game even reports errors in events because a bracket is missing one event before that event in the file. So is that event the ONLY change you made to the files that can be the cause of the error? Or did you make several changes at once?

90000 is not already used by another event perhaps in another event file?

The province ID´s actually exist in the mod you use?

Does your event use a line "country = whatever" or is provincespecific? If not the game would not know who -1 should be.

Edit: Perhaps the posts about event editing should be moved to the events&scripts subforum so that they don´t flood the commands&triggers thread?

Last edited:
Best post the event as a whole and not always a small part of it. Sometimes the game even reports errors in events because a bracket is missing one event before that event in the file. So is that event the ONLY change you made to the files that can be the cause of the error? Or did you make several changes at once?

Just that one, nothing else was changed.

90000 is not already used by another event perhaps in another event file?

Byzantium Renneissance event, used only there, and as a trigger elswhere, and there were no problems whatsoever with it.

The province ID´s actually exist in the mod you use?

Yup, they exist in MyMap.

Does your event use a line "country = whatever" or is provincespecific? If not the game would not know who -1 should be.

It's a BYZ-specific event, and the only thing that I wanted is to shorten the trigger by using someof instead of a longish OR/AND loop, which, by the way, works just fine.

Edit: Perhaps the posts about event editing should be moved to the events&scripts subforum so that they don´t flood the commands&triggers thread?

Agree.

Maybe a stupid question but the trigger was only added in 1.2 so are you sure you are using that patch? If you are then I cannot see anything wrong with what you posted and I can confirm, like ConjurerDragon, that I do not get any error message when using it in my events.

I'm such a dumbass... After reinstalling the game I forgot to patch it to 1.2.
BANGHEAD2.jpg

Sorry guys, I can't believe I missed that... :confused:

Truly heroic stuff. I'm surprised you never noticed given the features and fixes you'd have been without.