• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Speech delivered by President Niegolewski:

While the guns of war keep thundering around Us, the representatives of the Polish People, gathered in the Sejm, have finally laid the basis for our new Constitution. Drawing from the spirit of the ill-fated Constitution of 1791, the French Revolution and its resounding 'Liberté, égalité, fraternité', and various similar legal works from around the world, we are ready to bring forth our new Constitution, so the world may know our ultimate resolution to live in freedom and democracy. During the age that is now past us, the dark forces of tyranny controlled our land and our fates, with blood and determination be broke those chains free and may never we see them again!

Provisional President Władysław Niegolewski​

We've seen the strength of our people, who can overthrow any despot determined to enslave them. We've shown our determination, that can overcome any enemy. When they fought during the uprisings, they've demonstrated that any man willing to die for his country is man enough to have a say in it's affairs. So when the next Sejm is formed, three quarters of its seats shall be given to representatives of all the regions of Poland, elected by every man who is above the age of 20. The remainder of the seats shall be given to our nobility, intelligentsia and other relevant corporations, who kept the flame of our identity alive during the dark days. The transition will take it's time, since this system will be unknown to many of our fellow illiterate country mates..., another legacy of our former oppressors that shall be remediated soon.

On the foreign front, we salute our neighbor, the German Empire, for its non stopped march towards the union of all Germans under the same banner. Likewise, we dream with the day when all Poles can, if they desire to, live and prosper under our banner. So, to our fellow country men in the diaspora, in Germany, in France and further west across the sea, to them we say 'Come home, your country awaits for you!'. We are here, securing a future for ourselves and our children while remembering the blood spilled by our brothers for our freedom.

Last edited:
OOC: I've sent my orders, if the GM wants to give either the promised mini-update on Catalonia or an update on the Triple Alliance War.

The Kingdom of Spain notifies Brazil that the Kingdom of Spain, seeing that the period of the truce that we unilaterally declared, after the unprovoked assault on the Spanish Armada, to discuss peace terms, has ended, without any willingness of the Brazillian leadership to discuss indemnities, the Kingdom of Spain finds itself forced to take further action to secure our compensation, and, most importantly, to tell the international community that unprovoked attacks on foreign shipping on trading missions will not be tolerated.

Last edited:
Once again, the Spanish Government acts with every last ounce of its intellect.​

OOC: Was that a declaration of war?

OOC: Was that a declaration of war?

OOC: Technically, no. The Kingdom of Spain entered into a state of war with Brazil when our ships were fired upon. I unilaterally declared a truce and entered peace talks, seeking indemnities for my lost ships, and Brazil denied. So, I am canceling the truce and resuming the war.

OOC: Though Spain is likely playing with fire, just by being at war Brazil has to send 30-40k men to garrison important coastal cities since 15k Spanish on a raid vs 0-5k defenders will win. Their difference in the war will most likely just be forcing Brazil to divide their forces to avoid a possible sneak landing seizing a vital city/harbor. Same with their fleet.

OOC: Maybe but Spain just got out of a devastating war, one wonders what its population will think of going off on such an adventure when there are still internal problems particularly in Catalonia. Well that and amphibious assault is quite difficult, particularly in this day and age. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
OOC: To be fair they are completely capable of destroying Brazilian fleet, disrupting trade and bombarding some coastal cities and supplying Triple alliance with arms. And with USA being pre-occupied with CSA they might even get away with it.

OOC : Well, coastal defenses + my fleet are enough to hurt the spanish fleet... ;)
And like it was said, the spanish arms probably suck, they won't make a great difference...

Also, you saw what happened when i wanted to blockade Argentina? No one wanted me to block their trade, now Brazil is a lot bigger and has a lot more resources, do you know what can happen if they try to blockade me?

(And amphibious assaults? Spain would collapse with ease if they tried to go into such a big adventure)

OOC: Though Spain is likely playing with fire, just by being at war Brazil has to send 30-40k men to garrison important coastal cities since 15k Spanish on a raid vs 0-5k defenders will win. Their difference in the war will most likely just be forcing Brazil to divide their forces to avoid a possible sneak landing seizing a vital city/harbor. Same with their fleet.

I just need to keep some conscripts guarding some regions, even if Spain sent regulars they wouldn't be able to do a lot.

Futhermore, sinking the spanish ironclad = destroying their morale and hurting their stability
It's obvious that they have great pride on their little ship.

Might make an IC topic later after lunch, also, my population probably will get more willing to fight in the war after this :p

Last edited:
And with USA being pre-occupied with CSA they might even get away with it.

OOC: The Monroe Doctrine counts for crap at best!