• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

theconfusedone

Captain
55 Badges
Dec 7, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
So...
My Mutapa AAR was going pretty good for 50 years, and then the evil forces of EXAMS got me into the torture known as studying.
And during my times at war, someone with Mugabe-ish stupidity saved over my Mutapa file :(
Now that I'm free to do AARs, I had to make a new one, while I'm at it. Why not satisfy my nationalism once in a while?
And maybe teach people a little about Indonesian history so future games won't describe the spice islands as a mud-poor uncivilized hellhole

So people, I present to you, the nation that shouldn't have existed in 1399
The Sultanate of Makassar

It's an OPM, but thankfully it's got one of the few forts in Indonesia

Also it's Sunni, surrounded with friendly neighbors, which is good thing early on. Why?
guarantee.jpg

Aceh, Malacca and Brunei, the only neighbour not guaranteeing me in day 1 is Hindu Majapahit

Speaking of Majapahit, Indonesian consider them as the predecessor of Indonesia, they also symbolize Indonesian unity over diversity. it's kinda insulting seeing them described so poorly in the game

Speaking of Majapahit AND insults,
gangbang.jpg

Oh, than we'll just talk more about Majapahit later on after I get some sleep

Table Of Contents

Last edited:
Excellent stuff, your Mutapa AAR was a hoot, looking forward to following this one. I'm very much subscribed.

morningSIDEr - Thx mate, your AAR was hootter thou, it made me, and the rest of the world, drunk :p

Chapter 1 : The Macassari Blitzkrieg

Where were we?
Oh yes
gangbang.jpg

A little quick review on the contenders shall we?

In this corner, we have :
Makassar The nation that shouldn't have existed historically in this time era, small, but very obnoxious indeed, sending a love letter to the Majapahit every month, after the 4th letter or so, the war started because the other side felt insulted

Aceh Another nation that shouldn't have existed in this era, and of course NOT encompassing all of Sumatera. Their strategy? Cause people to runaway using their flag, thinking that they are the Ottomans. But of course, the Atjehan moon is much fatter

Brunei It did exist back then, but it was still Hindu with animist citizens. Somehow managed to conquer the unconquerable Kutai kingdom before 1399 in game, even though the Kutai Kingdom existed between the 4th century until the 1800s IRL

And last, and yes, least
Malacca, regular text was deliberately chosen
Oh okay
Malacca, has a COT, with three Macassari merchants present, tries to employ the Atjehan's strategy but apparently their flag makers were color-blind

On the other corner
Majapahit, their era was Indonesia's proudest moment in history, and apparently, the game ditched that era. In 1399, Majapahit was supposed to be nearing the end of their golden era, but it is still their golden era. Their land stretches through modern day era Indonesia Malaysia (TAKE THAT), Southern Thailand, East Timor, and southern Philippines. But in game, they're only 4 provinces full of sh.

Time to put historical inaccuracies to our advantages

intotheunkown.jpg

As the Majapahit Hell-of-a navy sails into the mysterious waters of the Straits of Johor, our army lands in the yet unexplored land called Southern Java

Certainly, a nation whose explorers reached the Arabian Peninsula and even The Marshall Islands should have those mysterious islands in TI right?
Wrong Paradox, very wrong

race.jpg

Here we have the 2000 strong Makassari race to the unknown against the Majapahit mercenary doomstack. Makassar reached it first while the Mercenaries stopped for a while and think

Kinda like the 2009 presidential campaigns, Jusuf Kalla, who apparently comes from no other than Makassar, used the slogan was "the faster the better" against defending champion Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono's more cautious policies. But the Makassari lost thou. Hope it doesn't happen here :)

I was wondering where the guarantors are at this point, and when the Balinese fog of war was lifted, my question was answered
multinationalforce.jpg

See? Even before Bali became a tourist destination, people thought it was the capital of Indonesia
Was it the beaches? Was it the food? Was it the Australian gay bars?
No one will ever know
7000 people flock to Bali at August 1400, and in no way that it was good for tourism

majapeace.jpg

Seconds before the Majapahit doomstack arrived, this peace deal was signed
Southern Java was so dirt poor we don't need to control any other provinces to get them
Probably paradox's resources claimed that Surfing Hiking or even rice paddies were not invented yet back then

Here's a view of the world in year 2
1400map.jpg

1400mksonly.jpg

Other than Makassaris in Java, there's not much conquest have been made it seems.

That sums up our first update. Pretty boring wasn't it? Wait until you see the next one

Next :
Stuff, and Hopefully a Cliffhanger

Last edited:
Following. :)

Excellent start, cut back that shrubbery!

JDMS - join the club :)

Chamboozer - it's a symptom of a disease called playing with no videocard

jonlucero wordplay, AARagon's not the only one who can do that :)

morningSIDEr but then I can't know the difference between land and sea provinces :p Save the shrubbery!

Last edited:
Chapter 2 : Stuff, and yes, There's a Cliffhanger

This update starts at the dawn of a war
oiratwar.jpg

An unimportant far away one it seems

Back in the archipelago, naval improvements have won us a race against Champa
With that out of the way, some bossy narrator told us to
missions.jpg

In the name of Allah, conquer the topless tourists-filled beaches, those overpriced haram food stalls, and Australian gay bars
As a Muslim, I find this offensive :rofl:

But who cares, on the day the truce ends we DOW them
Five months later,
secondpeace.jpg

Meanwhile, Mataram had it's fort built and Blambangan is slowly turning Sunni, very slowly

Oh almost forgot, this happened
gift.jpg

We're rich, people! We're rich! Let's go shopping
Now I'll take two of those Asian longbows, a cavalry, and a general, thank you, put that on my credit card, please

How much money do I have left?
Eleven ducats
Oh great

If we don't do something we'll go bankrupt next year. Thank you capitalism.

Checking through the ledger, I found out they have 12 carracks :eek:
A three way alliance with Aceh and Malacca was signed.

The alliance with Malacca made me start to question my nationalism *cough*Malaysians*cough*
casusbelli.jpg

It turns out Brunei had been banging them hard for a month now, which I should be happy about, but then again, with that bankruptcy nearing, I can't really waste a casus belli

Here's the cliffhanger I promised ya
heregoesnothin.jpg

Well, here goes nothing

Next :
Blitzkrieg in Borneo, if I can land there that is

Last edited:
Can you take Brunei?

oh noes! we will all be makassared:wacko:

*subscribed*

HMAS-Nameless - Don't worry we won't catch you and accuse you of carrying drugs just to get lunch money... Yet :p

JDMS - Not yet, if it's the province your speaking :p but the country is a whole different matter

Mico94 - oh yes we will *maniacal laughter*

morningSIDEr - thanks! Don't go to Bali now, there's a raper loose in the streets, and yes that's only a single P :p

Enewald - I might do my first ever WC with this one, pretty optimistic with Makassar here, no one really expects the underdog, but it will take a long long time

Eino_Day Yours and that Malacca one is only regionally Indonesian so it doesn't really satisfy my nationalism :p I've learned quite a lot from your Brunei AAR :) I think I'll go attack Ethiopia too. And yes Majapahit rebels are a bugger, in hard diff they spawn 8 regiments, been there once

Last edited:
Previously, on Combine Historical Inaccuracies and Over the Top Nationalism? You get A MakassAAR, damn it's a long title

The Makassaris crossed the Java sea, hoping to gain lands in Borneo
A fierce sea battle stands in their way, will they survive this?

Chapter 3 : Well I can get there, But it's more of a ping pong than a blitzkrieg
damn it's a long title

lonecog.jpg

Where did that 12 carracks :eek: go?
Massacring Malaysian, I mean, Malaccan ships I guess
Nice, we're safe and the Malaccans are dying! :D

After successfully landing in Kutei, the troops take a month-long march towards the capital
firstbrunei.jpg

And then a month-long march catching up with the retreating foes
firstsukadane.jpg

And another month-long march back to the capital
secondbrunei.jpg

And back again
secondsukadane.jpg

And again
And again
And again
And again and again and again and again

Finally,
finally.jpg

Before anything bad happens, because brunei provinces are dirt-poor we can do this
bruneipeace.jpg

And I thought taking down a giant with a navy twice your own should be fun *sigh*

Here's the world after we take down Brunei
1411map.jpg

1411mks.jpg

Timurids are broken apart
And Ethiopians somehow won against Adal, no gangbangs?

At least the Borneo ping pong match is over right?
You know what's the worst thing about winning?
morepingpong.jpg

The losing side wants a rematch
That sucks

regency.jpg

And that sucks even more
How can I kill Malaccans with a regency :(

disappointment.jpg

And that, well, that's a pity

And to add in the misery
oureconomy.jpg

We're gonna go bankrupt in 8 months
Our economy is so screwed...