• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I kept trying to get a tooltip from icons on the screenshot by keeping the cursor over it :D
Got some questions:

1. Does the AI communicate with the player during gameplay? In the screenshot for example, when Malta gets conquered, does the player receive a report stating 'objective malta achieved'?

2. What does the AI do when you give it multiple goals? Like Malta AND Gibraltar. Does it go after one and then the other or is it able to divide its forces? Perhaps it's better to give goals lower in the command chain? Ie, give the goal Malta to a corps with attached naval and air support, and Gibraltar to another corps with more naval and air support.

I never bothered finding out how the AI worked in HoI2 but looks like it might be worthwhile this time around :)

This is awesome.

Even if nothing else new was in HOI III but only this new AI and theaters, it will be worth to call this as new and much better game than HOI II.

I am happy becouse of this AI features presented here, which are obviously more than a scale above HOI II AI.

If I may say my prediction,future developement of HOI lies in the first place in even further developement of AI which will assist player to control such complex game,as well as to be more serious oponent to player.

The assistance of AI that is conducting our stategical plans takes nothing from the gameplay of this magnificent game,and gives us real feeling of being true strategians .

Good work!

Last edited:
Ahh I love you Americans, You have all those people of Scots, Irish, and Welsh descent in the US, you still say ENGLAND when you mean UK.

Isn't that slightly OT?
;)

BTW I too am curious how the AI controlled theaters will handle operations like "Overlord" or "Torch" or "Avalanche".............

Congratz! I don't know why I had to say that but I feel congratulations is in order for a such an impressive ai ;)

Congratz! I don't know why I had to say that but I feel congratulations is in order for a such an impressive ai ;)
We (at least I) haven't seen anything yet, so maybe you are celebrating a bit too early. I must confess that it does sound impressive though! I do hope that Paradox interactive will not do the same cheap trick like CA did with ETW, which is saying that the AI is incredible, but actually is not.

One question after looking at the screenshot.

Does the Theatre AI base its "Estimated Enemy Power" off of your intelligence network, or does the AI always know exactly what it's up against.

And if your Theatre AI only knows what your intelligence network knows, does that work vice versa for the AI-controlled nations?

One question after looking at the screenshot.

Does the Theatre AI base its "Estimated Enemy Power" off of your intelligence network, or does the AI always know exactly what it's up against.

And if your Theatre AI only knows what your intelligence network knows, does that work vice versa for the AI-controlled nations?
I do believe that Johan or King once said that the AI can look a bit further (less fog of war) than you can.

We (at least I) haven't seen anything yet, so maybe you are celebrating a bit too early. I must confess that it does sound impressive though! I do hope that Paradox interactive will not do the same cheap trick like CA did with ETW, which is saying that the AI is incredible, but actually is not.

This is a real screen shot from a real game. The screenshot was not touched up in photoshop or anything like. The confession I will make is that we did our best to make sure the screen shot was good.

Hmmm yes. I do hope HOI3 does not end up like some oher games I could mention..... Also, if the AI can do that, I'm worried about Paradox AI taking over the world.....

This is a real screen shot from a real game. The screenshot was not touched up in photoshop or anything like. The confession I will make is that we did our best to make sure the screen shot was good.
I believe you King and I also believe that the AI will be better, it is just that we haven't really seen the AI in action (besides some screenies), so judging it is still a bit hard for me, as I know that a good AI is very difficult to implement. Also you are playing Italy in the screenie and have probably set the objective to Malta. I wonder if the strategic AI (not army AI) will set their objectives for AI controlled nations wisely as well.

Noticing the land combat is taking place in the Great Sand Sea wasn't that a non-enterable province in HoI2? Most likely wrong just curious if I will be able to base defense stances on provinces that cannot be entered to create a bottle neck still, thanks.

I do believe that Johan or King once said that the AI can look a bit further (less fog of war) than you can.

I thought the only advantage the ai had is it can look everywhere at once and continiously recalculate the best options.
While you and I are forced to use MK1 Eyeballs and have to scroll/ zoom all the time to check what is going on everywhere.