• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Does Lithuania have military access through Poland? If not that may limit their ability to help you against Denmark. Of course you can always DOW Poland and take care of that problem. ;)

Joe

So you have powerful allies now, good news.

Indeed and they have helped me greatly already!

Nice alliance, pity about Poland (although they might be an interesting target in the future). The Ottomans have reached quite far up north...

Exactly why I'm happy they're not in the alliance anymore. I'ts doubtful though whether I'll attack them or they me before they become part of the Union of Lublin.

AKA powerful betrayers. ;)

Possibly. So far they have behaved reasonably admirably.

Does Lithuania have military access through Poland? If not that may limit their ability to help you against Denmark. Of course you can always DOW Poland and take care of that problem. ;)

Joe

They don't, but they have access through the Teutonic Order and Lithuania has Danzig, so they have a corridor to send armies through, luckily.:)

EDIT/ Next UPDATE probably on Saturday.

Last edited:
The first thing the new monarch Joachim I Nestor does is acquiring a royal marriage with Bremen in April 1500. They aren't yet vassalized or largely influenced by Denmark and I hope it stays that way.

The Teutonic Order is vassalized by Lithuania in August, after two unsuccessful attempts to vassalize them from my side.

1500AugustTOVassalsofLithuania.jpg

Teutonic Order became vassals of Lithuania, August 1500.​

A very good event happened to Brandenburg in in December 1501 as someone made an 'Unexpected Invention', which gives us a Goods Manufactory in Silesia for free. Life can be good.

1501DecemberUnexpectedInvention.jpg

Unexpected invention, December 1501.​

Another royal marriage is sealed with Hesse the next summer. All of northern Germany is now influenced by either me or Denmark. With this evolution it is inevitable new wars erupt between both countries and the next event delivers a perfect cause for one. In march 1504 a pretender to the throne of Oldenburg, a Danish ally and vassal, flees to Brandenburg and asks my support. After a minute or two consideration I decide to take my chances.

1504MarchPretendertotheThrone.jpg

Pretender to the Throne in Oldenburg leads to war between Brandenburg and Denmark, March 1504.​

A month later we get a slider move and go one step towards Quality. Pomerania invades and besieges Magdeburg. Oldenburg is on it's way to Hannover. Both the Teutonic Order and Lithuania answer to our call to arms. They can reach us through the Danzig-corridor.

1504AprilSituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in April 1504.​

Both the Teutonic Order and Lithuania answer to our call to arms. They can reach us through the Danzig-corridor.

Just as you said so shall it be.;)

Joe

Nothing like a free war :D

Indeed. I even lowered my BB by accepting and going to war! :D

Nothing like another easy annexation. :cool:

I had rather thought of vassalizing. Annexation is quite high in BB-cost and I'm not that strong yet and it doesn't take that much BB to be viewed an a warmongering cur. But we'll see in the next update, which will probably be tomorrow or if I'm really feeling like updating, tonight.

Nothing like a free manufactory! :D

Even better then a free war IMHO. :D

Wow, very intriguing AAR so far... really invites me to buy FtG!

Thank you, certainly do buy FtG, it's worth it!

Just as you said so shall it be.;)

Joe

It has to. I will accept no less! :mad: ;)

In may 1504 the Oldenburgers invade Hannover and immediately initiate a large assault, which succeeds at the first try. I lose Hannover to my primary target and Magdeburg is besieged by a bunch of Pomeranians too big to attack with my army.

Because I cannot attack my enemies I decide to bring my army to their own provinces and see who succeeds first in sieging. Vorpommern is left defenseless and I send 18k of my army there. While there I see 70k Swedes marching to Magdeburg to reinforce the Pomeranians. They will be intercepted by a Teuton army. Lithanian armies are on their way through the Danzig corridor as well.

1504OctoberSituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in October 1504.​

The Teuton and Lithuanians attack the Pomeranians, Swedes and Danes sieging Magdeburg several times with smaller armies and wear them down, but do not defeat them. My siege in Vorpommern progresses well and in January 1505 Pomerania has to accept vassalization.

1505JanuarySiegeSuccessfulVorpommer.jpg

1505JanuarySeperatePeacePomerania.jpg

Seperate peace with Pomerania, January 1505.​

The next month I hit Land Tech 10 and a Danish army invading Magdeburg is defeated, partly thanks to a Lithuanian army reinforcing mine. I picked a very good ally I think. After this little interlude is over I march my army to Hannover to retake my province. The Oldenburgers have withdrawn to their home province after they took control of Hannover and haven't participated in the war further.

1505MarchSituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in March 1505.​

The siege goes slow and a few small Danish armies try invading me bt are repelled by Teuton or Lithuanian armies. In September the Lithiuanians sign a peace with the Danes and are out of the war. They pay Denmark 85 ducats n indemnities. I still have Teuton support though. Then Oldenburg makes a move and attacks me in Hannover with 44k men, while I have 30k sieging there. During the battle a Teuton reinforcement of 19k arrives but we lose nonetheless and are repelled to Magdeburg. Then Oldenburg returns to it's home province and I start recruiting a new army in Brandenburg.

1505OctoberSituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in October 1505.​

Meanwhile I'd like to urge everyone reading this to vote in the AARland Choice AwAARds. AARland thanks you in advance!

Then Oldenburg makes a move and attacks me in Hannover with 44k men, while I have 30k sieging there. During the battle a Teuton reinforcement of 19k arrives but we lose nonetheless and are repelled to Magdeburg.

That's surprising. Did they have a leader? Too bad Lithuania dropped out of the war. They must have lost way too many men if they had to pay Denmark for peace.:eek:

Joe

Oldenburg is a surprisingly resilient minor...
Where heck did Oldenburg get such an army??? :eek:

Every minor in this game seems to be able to cough up the recruiting and upkeep money for such an army.

That's surprising. Did they have a leader? Too bad Lithuania dropped out of the war. They must have lost way too many men if they had to pay Denmark for peace.:eek:

Joe

I don't think they had a leader, but I'm not sure and don't have a pic that can show.
As for Lithuania, it was mainly them with a little Teuton help who went against that massive army sieging Magdeburg and they lost time and time again.

Oldenburg must be quite rich, do they have any vassals?

Oldenburg is Denmark's vassal. I don't think it's very rich province either.

Oldenburg moved it's army back to their territory and I start the siege of Hannover all over again. Oldenburg doesn't move. Months go by and in February 1506 Denmark invades Magdeburg from Mecklenburg. A Teuton army moves against them and my newly recruited army in Brandenburg goes with them.

1506FebruarySituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in February 1506.​

The Teuton army arrives in Magdeburg first and before my army can join the Danes are running away to Mecklenburg. I follow and defeat them and the siege of Mecklenburg starts.

1506MaySituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in May 1506.​

In the following months nothing important happens. Apparently both Oldenburg and Denmark don't want to face me again for the being and both my sieges are concluded in September, Hannover fell by assault, the Pomeranians helped speed up in Mecklenburg.

1506SeptemberSiegesSuccessfulMeckle.jpg

Sieges in Mecklenburg and Hannover successful, September 1506.​

After these successes I order my army in Hannover to Oldenburg. They win th battle against the Oldenburgian army and we switch places, the siege of Oldenburg starts. To speed up and get this over with I initate an assault but the army is attacked by the returning Oldenburgian army. Meanwhile Hannover is getting sieged by Cleves, who made no move during this whole war so far.

1506SeptemberSiegesSuccessfulMeckle.jpg

Situation of the war in November 1506.​

My army in Oldenburg retreats to Münster but immediately returns. Pomerania proves it's worth by attacking the army of Cleves in Hannover and I order my second army to assist them and the enemy is repelled to Münster.

1506DecemberSituationWar.jpg

Situation of the war in December 1506.​

During the rest of the winter my enemies leave alone, sieging Oldenburg. However, when the siege is almost complete a Teuton army moves in to help. They have a leader and steal the siege. At almost the same time we get attacked by the Oldenburgian army. I retreat back to Hannover to try again later. I want Oldenburg to be mine, not part of or vassal of the Teutonic Order! :mad:

1507MaySituationWarOttosAnnexCrimea.jpg

Situation of the war in May 1507, the Ottoman Empire annexed Crimea.​

A quite difficult war, you clearly need more troops.
It's time for a loan I think.