• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi vanin,

I cant seem to replicate this at my end with 2.01c on 2.35 beta.

Can you try ripping out the entire history folder from the mod directory and then running it starting after 529? If that works put each part of the history folder back in one by one until you get the error.

Also beware, in my experience, clicking around on bookmarks and clicking on the date change arrows can sometimes create some unexpected results on screen and also crashes when loading. Sometimes the crashes can be replicated somtimes they cant. Constantly reloading the game after a crashes seems to create more problems.

As an example, I was getting a consistant crash as Utica with a start date of 562 on 2.01d (not released yet) on 2.36 beta. I loaded up 2.01c on 2.35 beta and tried Utica at 562 and it worked. I then went back to Utica with a start date of 562 on 2.01d on 2.36 beta and it worked. Very strange.

Last edited:
I'll try that tonight. It's very weird indeed, I reinstalled a third time yesterday just to be sure, going Rome Gold -> 2.35 -> Epigoni 2.01c in the installation process, but to no avail. Will get back here if I find anything!

Edit: Also mapitems seem enlargened, with bigger docks and cities. This clutters the map quite badly and the Aegean with it's many provinces looks kind of bad. Is this something in the mod officially or could this be yet another weird bug on my end? I'll look for it as well regardless.

Edit2: Think I found a solution to my first problem:

530.1.1 = { owner = AST
controller = AST
barbarian_power = 0
population = 20 }

This entry in the "22 - astures.txt file" in the provinces folder was failing, as the last two lines were missing. I guess this is because then one would have assigned a province with no population to a country which causes the game to crash.

Last edited:
As governments with a senate,i always seem to have an almost shortage of characters(too few)what is going on?And i hope the mod is still alive

I have corrected the enlarged docks and cities in the next release - I have reduced them by half.

Thanks for finding the error in Astures province. Is it working for you now?
Yep it works :) Weird that I'm the only one (or one of the few) affected though. Don't know what could have caused it but I'll blame Steam for good measure...

Shouldn't the Etruscans be a despotic monarchy at start?I edited the file but being the same as the roman senate doesn't make much sense IMO

As governments with a senate,i always seem to have an almost shortage of characters(too few)what is going on?And i hope the mod is still alive

I dont think this is anything to do with Epigoni. Is it a particular nation? I seem to recall a discussion saying that Rome is blessed with more characters than its fellow countries. I think it might hard coded.

Shouldn't the Etruscans be a despotic monarchy at start?I edited the file but being the same as the roman senate doesn't make much sense IMO

Its treated in game as Republic Confederacy (Confederacy of Republics) which I think best simulates the alliance of city states that the Etruscans had during the time period. If you have evidence to the contrary I would be glad to change it. Are you perhaps thinking of Lars Porsena? This way quite a few years before the game starts.

Also Rome starts out as a Military Republic.

Yep it works :) Weird that I'm the only one (or one of the few) affected though. Don't know what could have caused it but I'll blame Steam for good measure...

It was definately a bug, although in my version of 2.01c I had already corrected it. Thats why I couldnt get the crash. Maybe I found it after I released 2.01c and then forgot about it. Anyway, glad to hear that its working. :)

Well since the mod moved my thread here despite probably being a base game bug I will repost what I said in the proper thread

So I got the barbarian nation bug in Epigoni, where a opm was taken by barbarians and turned into a black nation (liburni province). I heard the only fix was to edit the save game, so I would like to know what should I edit to fix it.
The save:
http://uploading.com/files/get/899c8cmf/aRome481_07_05d.rar

Lately my game has been plagued by constant crashes everywhere, somtimes when clicking leaders portrait, a tab or just selecting an army and this seems pretty random too since I can do this several times and only at 10th get an ctd. Basically the game has become unplayable and I have to save constantly, I can play years without a crash or get one several times in less than a minute. Here's what I assume it is the error log

Code:
[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: scale, near line: 249
" in file: "mod\Epigoni Mod\interface\avatars.gfx" near line: 250
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_line.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga for spritetype ch_GFX_icon
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga for spritetype GFX_eyes_asia
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga for spritetype GFX_title_praetor_peregrinus
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\slider_line.tga.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185806 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185811 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185812 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185813 40. Already exists in game.
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: land_event_02
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: money_out
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound country_select not found.
[texturehandler.cpp:197]: D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx failed for file: gfx\\interface\\frontend_backdrop.dds with error: Ran out of memory
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound close_window not found.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\romangfx\.\Ronormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\normalgfx\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\romangfx\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\Wanormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\romangfx\.\Roman_Ronormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\normal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\Farnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objectnormalmon\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Dnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Fonormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Wanormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\normal.dds.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound events_general not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound tech_advanceland_tech not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound tech_advanceland_tech not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound appoint_civic_tech not found.
[sound.cpp:250]: Sound appoint_civic_tech not found.

Soulstrider, what version of the game are you using and what version of Epigoni mod are you using?

My understadning is that a lot of these errors are harmless. In the past I havent been able to clear some of them as the underlying code appears fine. Some others I just havent bothered to fix. This is quite different to my error log. Also I think the error log only shows problems on loading.

[texturehandler.cpp:197]: D3DXCreateTextureFromFileEx failed for file: gfx\\interface\\frontend_backdrop.dds with error: Ran out of memory

This doesnt sound good.

Have a look in your game log and see if you can see a persistant issue.

I have 2.32 beta patch with 2.01c Epigoni version

The erros seem to be pretty similar, this one I got just because I clicked on an army in the top right list, as I said the errors happen in pretty random places.
Code:
[persistent.cpp:39]: Error: "Unexpected token: scale, near line: 249
" in file: "mod\Epigoni Mod\interface\avatars.gfx" near line: 250
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_line.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: mod\\Epigoni Mod\\gfx\\interface\\ch_icon.tga for spritetype ch_GFX_icon
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_1.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx\\characters\\asia\\eyes_asia.tga for spritetype GFX_eyes_asia
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga.
[spritetype.cpp:270]: Error initialising texture: gfx/titles/praetor_peregrinus.tga for spritetype GFX_title_praetor_peregrinus
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\menu_tiles_dialog_2.tga.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\\test\\slider_line.tga.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185806 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185811 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185812 40. Already exists in game.
[id.cpp:83]: Failed to create id 185813 40. Already exists in game.
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: land_event_02
[sound.cpp:240]: Duplicate sound: money_out
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\romangfx\.\Ronormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\normalgfx\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\romangfx\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\Wanormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\romangfx\.\Roman_Ronormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\normal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\Farnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objectnormalmon\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Dnormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Fonormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\Wanormal.dds.
[texturehandler.cpp:190]: Couldn't find texture file: gfx\cityview\objects\common\.\normal.dds.

Recently tried the latest version of this great mod. Noted that cAS gets a core on Achaea in 448.6.1. Should be CAS that gets that core (and I guess it should also be removed at some later date, noted that the core for ARG is removed twice, at that time and earlier in 436).

I declared myself a monarchy with Syracuse and went to the government screen right after that, it fully loaded but crashed right after. Perhaps this has some connection or ot was just a random crash.

Playing as Sicily aswell and I've had the same problem. After I've switched to a monarchy I'm unable to assign any ministerial positions if one slot is empty, when you click the government button the game crashes right away. It also happens if you have the government tab open at the time a position comes available.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm currently playing with version 2.01d

Recently tried the latest version of this great mod. Noted that cAS gets a core on Achaea in 448.6.1. Should be CAS that gets that core (and I guess it should also be removed at some later date, noted that the core for ARG is removed twice, at that time and earlier in 436).

Thanks Lofman. It will be fixed in the next version.

Also there is a small bug when you're playing as rome - omen name for +25% trade is not shown correctly. Maybe it's possible to edit it via some .txt?

I have the same localization error, but I have no idea why it's happening. The localization entry in the mod folder looks just like vanilla's.

Looks like this was introduced with the Beta Patch. Is it in vanilla?

Playing as Sicily aswell and I've had the same problem. After I've switched to a monarchy I'm unable to assign any ministerial positions if one slot is empty, when you click the government button the game crashes right away. It also happens if you have the government tab open at the time a position comes available.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I'm currently playing with version 2.01d

This sounds like an issue from long ago which was fixed by Paradox. Perhaps reintroduced in the latest Beta Patch. I tested it with Agathocles at 440AUC and the decision seems to work ok. Does it work for you at this point?

Have a look at this - thread. The next version will include this fix.

The forming the delian league decision is bugged, well it's written incorrectly and it also includes the incorrect tag for the Panionic league

Thanks reptile, will be fixed in next version. I can only see a problem with the tags I used. Is there something else?

I believe so

This is the original
Code:
}

country_decisions = {
	delian_league = {
		potential = {
			tag = ION				# Panionic League
			not = { exists = DEL }
		}

And I changed it to this, I just copied how the other decisions were laid out because it's the first time i've messed around with this stuff (I also wanted Athens to be able to form the delian league)

Code:
}

country_decisions = {
	delian_league = {
		potential = {
			or = {
				tag = PAI				# Panionic League
				tag = ANS
			}
			not = { exists = DEL }
		}

This sounds like an issue from long ago which was fixed by Paradox. Perhaps reintroduced in the latest Beta Patch. I tested it with Agathocles at 440AUC and the decision seems to work ok. Does it work for you at this point?

Have a look at this - thread. The next version will include this fix.

I've tried that fix, it solves the problem but it creates another one, which is that often multiple characters will be put in the same position that often leads to having 5 treasurers at the same time...