• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just read the two last updates and i like how this is going!
Not only are you seriously close to the Incan Empire but mesoamerica is swinging wildly in favour of Tenochitlan. Chichen Itza has the only real opposition, without them they can pick whatever minor they want to gobble up.

To everyone who's commented on the BB limit: If it was just the possible BB wars, I'd have gone past the limit ages ago all the while screaming with joy. It's the events that I want to avoid. Vanilla allows you to go to 125 % of the limit before any trouble, but in this mod I've had stuff happen even just above it.

Personally I'd be waiting for Mesoamerican consolidation the spelling looks a nightmare :)
Good progress overall!

Edit : Had a look at the MEIOU reference sheets - absolutely love the idea Tea improves Discipline.

Thanks! Hehe, we've discussed the properties of tea before. :D

As far as spelling goes, I fortunately have the foresight to hover over some province of the nation in question for the screenshot if I expect to have to type the name. :p

If you add those other provinces will that control your precious metal inflation?

I doubt it, at least not instantly. Newly added non-core provinces produce no or next to no income in MEIOU (nationalism RR eats the percentage multiplier). That's why the precious metals were the only really useful additions in the beginning. I haven't counted where my income categories will be when I have all of South America cored. We'll see.

However, inflation isn't much of a problem at the moment after getting the idea and the advisor: it's going down slowly but steadily. Granted, I'd like to mint sometimes but I'm okay with not doing so. After all, it's better in the long term anyway.

You would say that!

Haha, my thoughts exactly. :D Nice to have an observant commenter like you following. And it's true that rebels are my main opponent in South America by now.

I think you've been lucky in the generals you've had.

Not really. Take a look at the generals my opponents have had: they're no worse. Not only do I get the feeling from what I've played and from other AARs that MEIOU leaders are generally better, but I have everything (high tradition, full offensive, even a +leader shock advisor for everything but the last couple of years) going for me as far as leader skill goes.

Just read the two last updates and i like how this is going!
Not only are you seriously close to the Incan Empire but mesoamerica is swinging wildly in favour of Tenochitlan. Chichen Itza has the only real opposition, without them they can pick whatever minor they want to gobble up.

Yes. If I had another way of getting to Central America I'd be happy for no opposition for Tenochtitlan as I want them to be strong. However, as I need a PU I want the region to have as many nations as possible to maximize the candidates.

When it comes to PU's if I ever get one, it's starting to look like it's not going to be a walk in the park even if I get it on a larger tribe. At one point, three Mesoamerican tribes (Tenochtitlan, Chichen Itza and Tlacopan I think) had over 100k troops. :eek: I've built up to over 60k so getting military superiority wouldn't take an eternity if I get a PU with one of those, but the most I can comfortably afford with even that is 70 % maintenance. If I inherit a big tribe and have to maintain 100k troops, it's a choice between having my no morale troops eaten alive by rebels or having my inflation skyrocket.

Last edited:
Ugh, Whenever I see somebody go over the BB limit, I feel sick to my stomach. I've been playing a game as Muscowy in Vanilla, and whenever I should go over the BB limit (usually happens when a monarch dies and I get a regency council), I end up getting dogpiled by everybody and their vassal.

Thank god I westernized. Makes getting nations to concede defeat is a lot easier when I'm murdering Mughal stacks with Mauritians.

Does BB have an affect on the chances of forming a PU? If not, it shouldn't be that much of a big deal given your dominant position in South America.

As to troop sizes, is Central America that much richer? Things will improve as more of your territory becomes core.

I know the BB punishment of MEIOU and they are fantastic, but better were were they a bit worse!
You are having it too easy! :D

Does BB have an affect on the chances of forming a PU? If not, it shouldn't be that much of a big deal given your dominant position in South America.

I simply don't see the point in deliberately making the game less fun to play now (extra RR and stab hits -> more repetitive rebel fighting) in order to make it less fun to play in the future (be done with the region earlier and therefore have to wait for a longer time with nothing to do).

The only difference it makes for PUs (I claim the thrones anyway instead of just RM'ing) is that bribing for RMs would cost a bit more as my relations would go down.

Axe27: Heh, here's hoping I get to those unit types at some point. :D

As to troop sizes, is Central America that much richer? Things will improve as more of your territory becomes core.

Tenochtitlan has the Blessings of God modifier that gives them both tax and force limits among other things, so they are supposed to be able to have a troop count like that. Chichen Itza, meanwhile, is going severely down in numbers after losing those provinces, so I guess it was just being big. And their army was the smallest to begin with. But when it comes to Tlacopan, I really can't see how they can afford those armies.

True about cores. :)

I'm sad if it comes across like that. I find it no different than smiling when you meet someone - just random politeness to hopefully make the world a little bit happier place. :D And personally as a readAAR, when I follow an AAR a kind word from the authAAR does make me feel like throwing comments out there instead of just lurking. I simply go by what I like to write and what I'd like to read - much like with the AAR itself.

Hah, i like merchant kindness ;P ;). Not matter ;) i am just a cynical man who likes to be cynic, but still try to be kind - as being kind just make you friends, even if they are only friends that will be with you while youre kind ;). I think ur just a nice and kind men. And i did only sad that i feel "some" so i meant, youre kind to everyone, not only me ;). But i apologize if it hurted you in any way ;).

I see you have crossed bb limit - but i think you can easily regain your reputation (loose the infamy ;)). Also the empire looks great, and i think it will give you power enough to manage the europeans. Still think they will not come until half of XV century - even if they will tech very fast. So you still have some time to gain new lands.

So no wars for a while and as of now we'll be reading about Habsburg-esque marriage intrigue?

It still only takes seven-eight years to get infamy all the way to zero. The limit is so low that being just above the limit doesn't mean decades of waiting like it would for a non-Tribal.

What you'll be reading about depends on what, if anything, happens - there's not that much going on on the marriage front either...

Even if you get the PU, will you be able to move troops to Mesoamerica?

No. Worst case scenario in that case is that I end up inheriting an OPM whose other provinces have been seized... Hopefully not, as in that case building an army in that area would be a pain.

BTW, I've just passed you the Weekly AAR Showcase. Congrats!

Wow, thank you a lot! I'm honored. :) Though the task of choosing the successor seems daunting. :eek:

I really should start following your Vicky AAR again too. For some reason, the forum didn't let me post comments there - I figured I needed to have Vicky II - for quite a while so I kind of quit, but I checked and posting is possible now. :confused:

I see you have crossed bb limit - but i think you can easily regain your reputation (loose the infamy ;)). Also the empire looks great, and i think it will give you power enough to manage the europeans. Still think they will not come until half of XV century - even if they will tech very fast. So you still have some time to gain new lands.

Yes, the infamy burns fast. ;) But the nasty events are quick to fire too... I'm just hoping to gain a foothold in Central America. If I don't, chances are that the Europeans will have a strong presence in America already by the time they reach me, making things way more difficult. :(

Oh and I wasn't offended or anything at all. I just feared I had come across wrong, but it seems that that's not even the case. Thanks for the kind words. :)

Expect an update within an hour or two.

This is so awe... wait for it!! SOME!!

:D Good to hear! Glad to have you reading. :)

I never seem to be able to get anywhere playing native American countries :)

Do try MEIOU - there's so much more to do in this region. And things like forts make it more manageable.

Chapter Twelve
1395-1401

Fortunately, relentless work by Tupac Yupanqui and relentless "work" by Yahuar Hacuac Chilche make sure that the worst is over in seven months. The only longer lasting problem from Chancay's annexation turns out to be a bunch of patriot conspirators in former Chibchaya lands.

14_01.jpg

Fair enough - I didn't think, so this is deserved, and it could have been worse.

Also in 1395, Production tech level 4 (PE +2 %) is reached. Attention turns back to Government technology. I need all kinds of stuff (Land for better units, Trade for the eventual colonists...) but Government for the second Idea, additional decisions and enabling government reform for when the Europeans come still seems to be the most important.

In 1396, a fortification expert does a great job in Pucara. The rest of the year is marred by several major rebellions. I lose a couple of battles and thousands of men, but in an otherwise peaceful time this can be managed.

This continues in 1397 - rebellions rise faster than I can put down the existing ones thanks to low rebel casualties. I have to concentrate on saving provinces with near-completion sieges.

A June battle against Ayamarca nationalists goes exceptionally well otherwise (1800 dead rebels vs. 444 Cuzco warriors lost), but this happens:

14_02.jpg

So, my six-shock guy managed to live for four years and no serious wartime? Great.

On September 5th, Cuzco is rebel free for the first time in one and a half years. Chimu patriots rise twelve days later (is it just me or does this paragraph feel like it belongs in some other AAR?).

The situation appears to be getting normal by March 1398 when a small rebel force is beaten in Shipibo, starting a longer rebel free period.

In July, a mission is completed.

14_03.jpg

We got this when getting caught funding Copan nationalists caused relations damage.

At the same time, a seemingly never-ending war between Quito and Chimu finally ends with little effect.

14_04.jpg

This war lasted for more than six years but I don't think anything happened in the last five.

In October, the tribal peace penalty fires:

14_05.jpg

With no rebels and no WE, we should be fighting a war. I see little sense in fighting a war if I can't take anything and then must wait for five years for the truce to end...

I'm a bit afraid of this event - I should see plenty of it when I'm done with South America. I can see other nations (the Central American tribes) so that condition of the event is fulfilled, but as I can't really reach them, all I can do to avoid the event is to get myself into phony wars.

Another revolt takes place in the north days later. Neither of these is a real problem.

By April 1399 I'm rebel free, infamy is down to four and I'm fed up with gameplay that consists of nothing but rebels. War is declared on Chimu.

14_06.jpg

Chimu has been at peace for only nine months after that long Quito war, so they aren't in a pretty state.

14_07.jpg

Only 3000 of those men are Chimu.

Unlike the promptly routed Sechura regiment, the 2000 men in the capital fight extremely well. However, Parinango is finally able to drive them away.

14_08.jpg

This Chimu "main army" is eliminated in June. Almost a shame to kill them, capable guys if you take the numbers into account.

Also in June, the battle of Copiapo more or less wins the Aymara front for me.

14_09.jpg

Everything goes smoothly until August. Then, I lose a battle.

Yeah you guessed it, that was against rebels.

The Aymara province of Bio Bio is quick to fall in October. Aymara tries to offer white peace but I obviously can't accept as they are the alliance leader.

Aymara's super ruler-general is once again stupid enough to attack, trying to retake Bio Bio in November.

14_10.jpg

General Sahuaraura, while inferior in shock, is faster than the enemy leader. This of course leads to problems for the Aymara army in future battles.

Meanwhile, Parinango is finally able to dislodge a particularly troublesome Nazca rebel stack.

14_11.jpg

Fortunately, the war is easy so I can gather such ridiculous numbers to take out rebels.

Late in the year, I decide to raise war taxes for the first time. Funny that no-one questions the fact that they're only used in a war with no real opposition.

In February 1400 (yay for the new century!) Quito DoWs Chibchaya. I hope that they annex, sparing me a war against the OPM.

In June, the Aymara army meets an embarrassing end.

14_12.jpg

So, 700 ferocity 2 natives is what did them in. Right.

Huilliche falls in August and Hatun Canar, the first Chimu province, in September. Mapuche and Chimu follow suit in October and Sechura in November, making peace possible.

When it comes to making peace, Quito is faster:

14_13.jpg

That's good news as far as I'm concerned.

I'm quick to follow:

14_14.jpg

Most importantly, my major opponent has completely vanished now. As a bonus, Hatun Canar is a maize province so it helps my quest for food self-sufficiency.

With my victory over Chimu and Quito's over Chibchaya, the north is starting to look quite pretty.

14_15.jpg

I could sign peace with Aymara, but I want the available legitimacy boost from occupying Tilcara. After almost two years of sieging, it finally falls in August 1401.

As I can't take Aymara's full infamy price land, I devise a cunning plan to grab provinces faster. My peace terms indicate that.

14_16.jpg

This will eventually fail miserably due to rotten luck timing-wise.

In addition to eating Chimu, this war was definitely good for my economy: I had war taxes for over a year and a half (including two year ends) and never raised army maintenance as I could get by at 70 %.

Speaking of bad luck ruining cunning plans, the Copan nationalists that I funded did their job a bit too well.

14_17.jpg

Copan declares independence in December 1401, but as they took a Tlaxcala province as well, they have a border with enemies and are quickly annexed.

Last edited:
Fleet is something you have to use if you cannot stay afloat atop 100k slaves or prisoners of war.

Afloat? You mean in the ocean? Bah, from a Cuzco point of view, your foreign concept seems preposterous. :D