• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OK, but what problem does that cause you? How can we help with it? I'm not understanding what it is you want from us, sorry.

OK, but what problem does that cause you? How can we help with it? I'm not understanding what it is you want from us, sorry.

My apologizes if I was not clear. In order to register my copy of EU3 Complete, I must open a ticket with Paradox. They require the code itself, a screen cap of my Steam code, and the receipt that Steam e-mailed me when I bought the game. I have all but the last one. Am I S.O.L. or is there something else I can do to prove that I do own the game.

I would imagine any proof of purchase will be fine, say a screenshot of your Steam library showing you have the game legally, but this is really something you need to discuss with Paradox Support. Have you actually opened a ticket yet? If not do so and negotiate it with them; we here cannot help at all in this matter and it's only delaying the resolution of your situation.

I just purchased the game on Steam but the codes don't work. I submitted the ticket, waiting for a response.
Thanks
But you have them all registered, I can see ... ?

Sorry if this questions was asked before, but:

Is there any chance for me to get the Chronicles icon here, since I have only Complete, HttT and DW codes from Steam (purchased Chronicles actually)? Or will I get 3 separate icons? Is there any difference between having these 3 and the single icon for Chronicles, like access to some threads or something?

EDIT: Registered already, but still curious about the last question. :D

Last edited:
Is there any chance for me to get the Chronicles icon here, since I have only Complete, HttT and DW codes from Steam (purchased Chronicles actually)? Or will I get 3 separate icons?
You only get the 3 separate icons, Steam chose to do it that way for reasons no-one else understands.
Is there any difference between having these 3 and the single icon for Chronicles, like access to some threads or something?
Users with only the Chronicles icon can't see their achievements in-game. So you've actually avoided that bug, not that it matters as the whole achievements thing will be abandoned when 5.2 comes out. No other difference.

I had this issue after buying Chronicles on Steam...they keys for HttT and NA worked fine, but not the base game of EU3 itself.

Contacted support with a few screenshots, and they sent me a new key to re-register. Worked like a charm :)

Is there any difference between the green EU3 chronicles icon and the bronze EU3 complete + HttT + DW? I got EU3 chronicles on steam but have those 3 cd keys.The post above state that one won't get achievements from the paradox connect if it's chronicles? Is the paradox connect achievement thing still working?

Is there any difference between the green EU3 chronicles icon and the bronze EU3 complete + HttT + DW? I got EU3 chronicles on steam but have those 3 cd keys.
Only the achievements bug.
The post above state that one won't get achievements from the paradox connect if it's chronicles? Is the paradox connect achievement thing still working?
No, it is not. And in 5.2 achievements will be disabled forever.

Okay, I got Chronicles from Gamersgate and I want to register it on Steam, but the key starts in E3CH, not COMS. Will the support site still help with it?

You can't register our games on Steam unless it specifically says so where you buy it. What your code looks like is irrelevant I'm afraid, and our support will not be able to help you with that.

Excuse me, I'm planning on buying EUIII Chronicles (box version, for my collection), could I add it to Steam ?? o0 Im not sure if the box specifies if its steam-redeemable but I've bought games that didn't say that and I could register them in Steam anyway.

Thanks in advance !

You can add pretty much any non-Steam game to the Steam menu, but no I do not believe the boxed version is formally Steam-redeemable. IIRC only Complete was.

Note that Paradox support are probably on holidays for 2 weeks like the rest of the company.

Are you sure you put the code in the correct field, EU3:Complete? And that you pasted it in, or typed it correctly (ie didn't confuse 0/O or 1/l/I)?

Ok I bought Europa Universals: III on steam, and tried and failed to register it on the forum. But DW, and other Paradox games are registered, can someone please help me with this problem?

My name is Lutai on Steam.