• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can't you make your own ETA on how quickly it will develop ?
Without working there, no I can not make any sort of ETA on when it will actually be what it was supposed to be at launch. What a strange question for you to ask.

The game launched Friday, and Monday Morning we got a pretty big ass patch that fixed quite a bit of problems, with two small updates over the weekend, and two more patches expected by Friday afternoon (One fairly large one at the very least)

Haven't seen any company patch a game so quickly

And the game is still not a stable release. That should tell you something about how bad the release was.

Shouldnt this been posted 4 days ago?

You know theyre still selling it as though it were a finished product. Get ready to receive a lot more of these when people realize thats not when they bought

Without working there, no I can not make any sort of ETA on when it will actually be what it was supposed to be at launch. What a strange question for you to ask.

Didn't Mecron give one, or was that too vague?

also, i have games that i've patched all over the place and still crash more than SOTS. Its stability seems to be variable by system, and mine's nice and clean.

Buddah: Also, Kerberos do not have control over what Steam have on their sales page, or really anywhere else's. They might be able to ask, but I'm not convinced they'd get much response. Paradox would probably get further.

Didn't Mecron give one, or was that too vague?

It was extremely vague.

Also, Kerberos do not have control over what Steam have on their sales page, or really anywhere else's. They might be able to ask, but I'm not convinced they'd get much response. Paradox would probably get further.

I contacted Paradox directly as per the requests on the forum.

It'll still take them a while to negotiate with Steam I'd think, even if Steam are okay with it. You'd have to wait for more info.

Mecron said a month more than once, didn't he?

It'll still take them a while to negotiate with Steam I'd think, even if Steam are okay with it. You'd have to wait for more info.
I did not purchase it from Steam. Are you going to personally attack me for that as well?

Mecron said a month more than once, didn't he?
The closest to an answer is "over the next month or so". Care to make some stupid remark about me for that as well?

wait, what are you talking about? i'm talking about what Buddah said about the information on the sales pages for Steam, not your refund.

This isn't a stupid remark, he said wait a month and it'll be ready once and that they had a schedule for it to be finished in a month once. Obviously, if that's still too vague for you (I can understand, since there could still be more problems that delay that or so forth).

why are you being so hostile?

Buddah: Also, Kerberos do not have control over what Steam have on their sales page, or really anywhere else's. They might be able to ask, but I'm not convinced they'd get much response. Paradox would probably get further.

My point was more to the "get ready for more of these" rather than the first but yeah I DO get that. I just think its messed up that theres no checks and balances or anything for PC games other than "dont buy it"

wait, what are you talking about? i'm talking about what Buddah said about the information on the sales pages for Steam, not your refund.

This isn't a stupid remark, he said wait a month and it'll be ready once and that they had a schedule for it to be finished in a month once. Obviously, if that's still too vague for you (I can understand, since there could still be more problems that delay that or so forth).

Id say from being trolled in other threads. As I was told in a thread I got flamed good for it, "Youre a convenient target"

Doesnt make it right mind you but apparently that excuse did in the thread I was in.

Oh, yeah, that's because of the current legal system of not-buying-but-licensing software, I am given to understand. It's not the same as a contract of sale, I suspect partly because otherwise really any CTD would mean it was a faulty good and could be returned.

EDIT: as an example, I bought my copy of windows 7 from a software house that told me they "could not vouch for its fitness for any purpose, whether stated or not", essentially meaning they could have sent me two halves of a windows seven disc and a tube of glue and got away with it.

I was commenting on getting a stable, release version of the game as well. "One month or so" is a bit too vague. Between that, the stability issues after Monday's patch, and frankly the community is why they got until next week or so before I hit up Paradox again for that refund.

I was not being hostile in commenting about your previous personal attacks on me. I am not the clown posting nonsense like:
Originally Posted by anaris
Why, don't you have a mirror?

I was commenting on getting a stable, release version of the game as well. "One month or so" is a bit too vague. Between that, the stability issues after Monday's patch, and frankly the community is why they got until next week or so before I hit up Paradox again for that refund.

that wasn't a personal attack. you said you hadn't seen anyone wanting a refund complaining about those supporting the game after complaining about people supporting the game. That was irreverent, not attacking. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

in this thread about Mecron's deadlines, i was genuinely just asking whether or not you'd seen them and what your issues with them were, which you've made clear; it was really just curiosity, again, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Oh, yeah, that's because of the current legal system of not-buying-but-licensing software, I am given to understand. It's not the same as a contract of sale, I suspect partly because otherwise really any CTD would mean it was a faulty good and could be returned.

EDIT: as an example, I bought my copy of windows 7 from a software house that told me they "could not vouch for its fitness for any purpose, whether stated or not", essentially meaning they could have sent me two halves of a windows seven disc and a tube of glue and got away with it.

um... thank you for proving my point?

um... thank you for proving my point?

Not so much "proving" as "agreeing with you" - i don't like the system. in this instance, though, it's working in my favour, so i'm not angry about it, and it's not Kerberos' fault the system works like that (they're giving refunds, which is more than I believe they have to do).

Not so much "proving" as "agreeing with you" - i don't like the system. in this instance, though, it's working in my favour, so i'm not angry about it, and it's not Kerberos' fault the system works like that (they're giving refunds, which is more than I believe they have to do).

Um ill believe that when I have the money in my hand... well bank. Telling us theyll give them, alluding to monday and then saying "erm next week" and "other forums of compensation" isnt making me burst with confidence here.

that wasn't a personal attack. you said you hadn't seen anyone wanting a refund complaining about those supporting the game after complaining about people supporting the game. That was irreverent, not attacking. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

I was not clear. And we both know the reason why. I have no interest in getting into some kind of race to the bottom on acting goofy here, but come on, we both know exactly what you meant there so trying to feign innocence is amusing at best.

You and I both know I never said anything about wondering why folks want to stick it out, let alone insulting them over it because I could not care less if they do.

Um ill believe that when I have the money in my hand... well bank. Telling us theyll give them, alluding to monday and then saying "erm next week" and "other forums of compensation" isnt making me burst with confidence here.

fair enough, i reckon they'll come through.

I was not clear. And we both know the reason why. I have no interest in getting into some kind of race to the bottom on acting goofy here, but come on, we both know exactly what you meant there so trying to feign innocence is amusing at best.

apparently, you don't know exactly what i meant, but hey.

You and I both know I never said anything about wondering why folks want to stick it out, let alone insulting them over it because I could not care less if they do.

you characterised supportive posts as "trolling", which is a pejorative term. that's complaining about people supporting the game. I quoted the post. Maybe you didn't mean what I thought you meant? Apparently there's a lot of that going around.

If you have a computer built after February 2007 (4.5 years ago) then you had to go out of your way to get an XP license. If your computer was built after july of 2008 (over 3 years ago) and you run XP, then you already own Vista Pro as sales of XP halted then, as all XP machines sold past that date use the downgrade rights inherent in OEM Vista Pro/Ult license.

My point here is if you own a system that is less than 5 years old that still runs windows XP, then you made a conscious choice to use old software that was going out of support. If you didn't know what that implied at the time(no support and no new software developed) then you have rather unfortunately found the consequences of using antiquated technology.

Edit: @ leggosboy
Though XP support is officially listed until 2014 - its only technically for netbook support. Real support hasn't really existed for a few years now, trust me on this one, I work software support.

Not entirely true, I can still get my hands on WIndows XP easy. It's just a bus ride and about 80 bucks in cash. They are OEM, not retail.

I think gamers need to unite instead of biting and baiting each other on these forums. This year alone, far too many games have been released buggy and unfinished. Excuses that my dog ate my finished game is so yesterday. We'll upload the 'right' one to Steam ASAP. Where ASAP means tomorrow, the day after or maybe next week, heck who cares we got your cash....bwhahahahahaha.... attitude.

Apologising means dick squat when you've already collected. Giving away a free game that is being replaced by the buggy mess in question is just PR bullshit, considering, the majority of people who bought SOTS II are highly likely to have already bought SOTS1. Way to ask your fans to bend over and take one for England eh?

Again, I strongly think we gamers really need to send a message, loud and clear to developers that we're tired of bullshit and we're not going to spend another cent on shovelware.

1. No more bullshit, i'm sorry I uploaded my homework instead of the game to steam
2. No more EULA that signs away our rights as a human being as well as our left kidney and first born. (go read the EULA for EA's Origin)
3. No more Expatchsions. Seriously fix the crap that should have been in the core game instead of making us pay for patches 1 and a half years down the road. хорошее горе!
4. And no more bullshit Day one DLC, that's obviously divided and quartered from the core game.

Like the WWF used to say and still say, If the Buying Stops.....No more sore buttholes!

you characterised supportive posts as "trolling", which is a pejorative term. that's complaining about people supporting the game. I quoted the post. Maybe you didn't mean what I thought you meant? Apparently there's a lot of that going around.

I am not going to continue this with you when you should be more than capable of reading your own posts.

I am not going to continue this with you when you should be more than capable of reading your own posts.

Okay, now I just plain don't understand what you mean. Would explaining be too much like continuing "this"?