• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No offense meant, but it's rather pointless to make assertions about 5.2 when you don't actually have access to it and the people who do are telling you the opposite. I'm not personally using the beta patch at the moment, but if the issues you mentioned are reported as being fixed, then you should satisfied that PI took the time to fix them and not dubious that they can or will.

But people are stating the opposite in the forum, that 5.2 DIDN'T fix Japan.

But people are stating the opposite in the forum, that 5.2 DIDN'T fix Japan.

From what I've seen from the 5.2 feedback, Japan is still a little odd due to the diplomatic restrictions, but there is nothing "broken" with it anymore. As I mentioned, unless you've seen the direct opposite, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that PI is lying about the fixes.

Already said that there is a recent thread created just for this reason, can't remember the name of it, but I think I posted in it so just check my posts I guess. (I can't check my own posts being on probation)

From what I've seen from the 5.2 feedback, Japan is still a little odd due to the diplomatic restrictions, but there is nothing "broken" with it anymore. As I mentioned, unless you've seen the direct opposite, I wouldn't be so quick to assume that PI is lying about the fixes.

And ofc, I would be thinking that PI is LYING about fixing it, rather than just believing they had fixed it when it's still broken?

WAIT a minute here, are you saying PI released a broken product on PURPOSE? >_> And then LIED about it working? OMG

And ofc, I would be thinking that PI is LYING about fixing it, rather than just believing they had fixed it when it's still broken?

WAIT a minute here, are you saying PI released a broken product on PURPOSE? >_> And then LIED about it working? OMG

As far as I can tell, it is fixed in the beta. I don't see anything saying otherwise in the beta forum, so I have to assume that all the people using the patch are more credible than a thread I didn't see that supposedly said otherwise.

As far as I can tell, it is fixed in the beta. I don't see anything saying otherwise in the beta forum, so I have to assume that all the people using the patch are more credible than a thread I didn't see that supposedly said otherwise.

It wasn't in the beta forum

I never really had a problem with lowering influence, just insult some of them daimyos and they will start hating on you.

I never really had a problem with lowering influence, just insult some of them daimyos and they will start hating on you.
The more annoying problem is that the A.I. never forms Japan even when there's only 1 daimyo left. For whatever reason, I remember the Shogunate disbanding right after I captured Kyoto (not annex it). But at other times, capturing Kyoto did nothing.

and many very annoying missions that fire (like build a fleet when you don't want one) etc, and perhaps vassalization missions of nations you would rather have a PU with (though ..yeah)
Ohh.. So you just want the game to read your mind? That's no problem. I'l just give PI that mind reading code I constructed during todays lunch break..

Already said that there is a recent thread created just for this reason, can't remember the name of it, but I think I posted in it so just check my posts I guess. (I can't check my own posts being on probation)

Ah-ha. So a post you remember seeing, but no-one else does, says the opposite of what the guys who've tried 5.2beta are saying? In the meantime you're keeping going with the line of "but this dude who's name I don't know said it in this thread I can't show you"? Guess which one I'm going with.

Ohh.. So you just want the game to read your mind? That's no problem. I'l just give PI that mind reading code I constructed during todays lunch break..

No, I don't want a strategy game to make presumptions about the players strategic resources.

This renders all your babblings useless, like expected.

Why? There are users of the beta forum that doesn't post in beta forum?

DreadLindwyrm: For example I saw a tale of a frustrated shogun just now, it wasn't that thread, but it's on the first page, seems someone is having problems with Japan.

This is the thread he's talking about.

But in that thread the problem aroused is about a specific case, Japan is not broken in 5.2.

Chronicler, you know you're behaving like a troll, don't you?

He always behaves like this, i'm fairly sure that i'm not the only one annoyed at it.

Really, the problem reported on that thread is not related at all with the japanese mechanics, i remember something similar happening to me when i was playing for HRE unification : I lost any PUs i had with other HRE members after the reform to make all members my vassals, i also didn't keep any juniors of my new vassals after i unified the HRE, of course.