• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So, do we have the ability to create our own theaters or is AI run? For instance, can I decide as Germany invading the middle East through Persia, to split theaters, creating a new one that will focus on Egypt, while the other focuses on India?

no the theatres are AI run.

Sorry for the scepticism, but let's say you'd invade Switzerland next to Yugoslavia. How would the AI figure the two theatres out? It's very scrambled.

I dunno exactly how it does it, a lot of caculations as far as I know.

Why should the AI create new theaters if I want to control all manual?
For example I want OK:
West
OKH (for Germany as defensive - reserve)
Ost
Nord
Balkans
Africa
and all as separated entities. All with their goals. Maybe also more like: Africa West and Africa East and so on...

If you control them manually then they don't have any goals. In that case a theatre HQ will give a logistics bonus. No theatre area is bigger than that the radius of a theatre HQ, so whenever you need to a bigger region the AI will spawn off a new theatre for you.

the outliner destigiushes between attacks and defence the map shows you victory and defeat. We felt you would want to be able to spot both and gave you tools to do it.

I am still not getting it completely.

Are there some filters on, so that the map only shows victories so therefore everything is green? Or is colour just not used.

Am I right, that the number, which is shown in the outliner and on the map are the same? And that its correct interpretation is:
Either the attacker has made x % progress to defeat the defender or the defender has made x % progress to repel the attacker.

I am still not getting it completely.

Are there some filters on, so that the map only shows victories so therefore everything is green? Or is colour just not used.

Am I right, that the number, which is shown in the outliner and on the map are the same? And that its correct interpretation is:
Either the attacker has made x % progress to defeat the defender or the defender has made x % progress to repel the attacker.

yes they have both attacked me and I have attacked them hence the red and green in the outliner. However all the combats are going my way so they appear as green in on the map.

Well, there's quite a bit of difference between collapsing under the weight of the Wehrmacht and collapsing under the 'weight' of the Italians, who couldn't even dent the Greek defenses.

You know guys, being right is great and all, but I for one would like a playable Italy! It is important to be reasonably historically accurate, but it is more important to allow a player to have fun and stretch history out a bit to make their own empire.

You know guys, being right is great and all, but I for one would like a playable Italy! It is important to be reasonably historically accurate, but it is more important to allow a player to have fun and stretch history out a bit to make their own empire.

But that may interfere with the Greek's and Yugoslavanians' right to be playable too.

I'm a little worried about having a lot of HQ units, which when attached to corps, will make it difficult to determine the unit type. I wish there was a way that to look at a HQ unit and tell that it is part of a motorized unit (or infantry or armor, etc). It looks like there are going to be a lot of HQ units in the game, so that's why I think this might be annoying.

But that may interfere with the Greek's and Yugoslavanians' right to be playable too.

You know - more will want to have playable countries like Luxemburg. "I wanna WC with it :mad:" :p
Its all in your hands - all are more or less but still playable. Its your actions that will affect that.

What we have seen doesn't necessarily weaken those nations. From the point of view of Yugoslavia, it should be quite different. For starters, mobilization should have a reasonably significant effect. Secondly, practicing some kind of defense in depth should help, especially in garrisoning urban areas to create hedgehogs. Being able to truly emulate defense in depth would be awesome! (fingers crossed)

They also have a chance to fight on in a GiE! :D (well, not Yugo in this case, a pre-war war...)
Also, Sweden can do lots of things now.. They can research the best AA's to sell around :p
Or, err... can we sell licences, or only buy?

Best DD thus far. This game is going to be perfect, literally. Every other week the guys at Paradox stun me with another awesome feature.

no the theatres are AI run.

I thought that the theatres were hard programmed into the game (e.g. provinces A through Z are all part of an 'eastern front'). Are you saying that they're actually dynamically generated? Depending on the situation of the country (who it is at war with and the number of HQs?).

Any light you can shed would be awesomesauce.

Guys please take off the bias glasses already.

Attacking Yugoslavia which is right next door with well trained armies is nothing compared to what happened in Greece. Please pick up the book "The Hollow Legions" by Mario Cervi if possible and learn a little bit instead of thinking you know anything about the invasion of Greece and what happened.

yes they have both attacked me and I have attacked them hence the red and green in the outliner. However all the combats are going my way so they appear as green in on the map.

Great, thanks.

So to check my understanding: if everything goes to my favor (as in the screenshot) I should see in the outliner every green number with a positive sign and every red number with a negative sign.

If everything runs against me, the green numbers in the outliner all have a negative sign and the red numbers all a positive sign.

So I guess what confused me here was the different use of colour on the map compared to the outliner. But it makes sense, because on the map you can visualize the direction of attack by the arrow, whereas on the outliner
you can't.

An alternative proposal would be to make consistent use of colour, so it always visualizes, if something goes to my favor and to have separate lists for attack and defense in the outliner.