• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have a question about release of Hoi3 together with Semper Fi in Poland? Do you know any dates? I see hoi3 on the shelves in our game shops but without Samper Fi...can I expect Hoi3 and Semper Fi in Poland in the nearest future?

Semper fi is Digital download only, you'll never see it in a box.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Consider what Susana posted:

....since most expansion eventually make it into printed boxes (Collections etc) you can wait and get your boxed expansion from retail or get it immediately via digital retail. Now that's freedom of choice in my book :)

Semper Fi -Where to BUY!

Release day: June 6th
Please note this is a recommendation, Steam for instance has decided to release June 7th as it works better for them.

Release time:
10 am EST
Please note that most digital download portals operate out of the US so when in doubt, always consider release date as start of their day, US time.

Compatibility: Please make sure you purchase your expansion from the same outlet where you bought the original game. If you have a boxed copy, I would really recommend checking with the digital download provider of your choice before purchase as some digital portals modify the files = your boxed copy might not be compatible.

Availability: As far as we know, the expansion will be carried by all digital outlets that currently carry HoI 3.

Last edited:
OK, I have the Box Copy of HoI3 but would like to purchase the expansion and if it is only available via DL, if I DL it via Steam or Impulse or whatever, will it still work with my Boxed copy? Sometimes Steam says that you need the original "Steam" version in order for your expansion to work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everybody!

HoI3 is on Steam on Sale!

But it's written that it's steamplayable version!

Does that mean, it's only playable on Steam?

:confused:

Thanks in advance!

SteamPlay means that if you buy that game from Steam you will get both Windows and Mac version.

OK, I have the Box Copy of HoI3 but would like to purchase the expansion and if it is only available via DL, if I DL it via Steam or Impulse or whatever, will it still work with my Boxed copy? Sometimes Steam says that you need the original "Steam" version in order for your expansion to work?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steam (and most likely Impulse and D2D) wont let you buy Semper Fi unless you have (or buy with it) HoI3 from them. For boxed copy, you can buy it from GamersGame.

Few days ago Steam had deal for both HoI3 and SF where their combined price was less than price of SF alone at GamersGate :D .

Originally Posted by Susana
....since most expansion eventually make it into printed boxes (Collections etc) you can wait and get your boxed expansion from retail or get it immediately via digital retail. Now that's freedom of choice in my book

I will be waiting for the boxed collection then, I like something tangible to be frustrated at while I play :mad:

I finally transfered some money to my credit card and just now went to GG to buy HOI3 and SF. I was suprised to see HOI3 is now $29.96 USD. :confused:
Has the 50% off finished or do I need a redemption code to get the discount? (Geez I'm cheap:rofl:)

I finally transfered some money to my credit card and just now went to GG to buy HOI3 and SF. I was suprised to see HOI3 is now $29.96 USD. :confused:
Has the 50% off finished or do I need a redemption code to get the discount? (Geez I'm cheap:rofl:)

The 50% off ended on July 27th :(

HOI3 is 70% off at GamersGate right now!