• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Feb 3, 2009
I just received my very first Emperor Crown (the 5 King Titles in Spain plus King of Burgandy - still playing the Flanders Line) and all it says i get for my precious gold, is 5 Piety a year. Are there other benefits that show up? Should i have spent the 500 Gold instead of 250, would that have made a difference? I'm over 5000 in prestige, so the additional 250 was a drop in the bucket. (Got lucky in Spain, the starting Kingdoms fizzled out fairly fast and no other Catholics even looked in that direction, France and Germany were re-living the 100 year war).

What happens when my son inherits? Will he get the event later on also?

I was really hoping for a demesne bonus, but noooo. grrr

lol

I just received my very first Emperor Crown (the 5 King Titles in Spain plus King of Burgandy - still playing the Flanders Line) and all it says i get for my precious gold, is 5 Piety a year. Are there other benefits that show up? Should i have spent the 500 Gold instead of 250, would that have made a difference? I'm over 5000 in prestige, so the additional 250 was a drop in the bucket. (Got lucky in Spain, the starting Kingdoms fizzled out fairly fast and no other Catholics even looked in that direction, France and Germany were re-living the 100 year war).

What happens when my son inherits? Will he get the event later on also?

I was really hoping for a demesne bonus, but noooo. grrr

lol

When you get the 'emperor' trait all you get is the 5 prestige per year bonus.

When you die, then it is very likely that the event will then also fire for your son. If he meets the conditions of the event of course, if he does then the likelyhood for the event to fire is greater because you also had the trait.

Emperor Crown?
That sounds new to me, and I'm playing CK+DV since long time. Tell me more, please. :confused:
It's possible for catholic rulers to be crowned emperor if they a) hold all the HRE titles (King of Germany, Italy and Burgundy) or b) have five kingdom titles. There are also requirements for having right traits, but can't remember what they were. I play mostly Byzantium and haven't got it myself, so can't really say anymore.

b) have five kingdom titles. There are also requirements for having right traits, but can't remember what they were. I play mostly Byzantium and haven't got it myself, so can't really say anymore.

It works with every king title? In my last GC I was king of Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Teutonic Order and Fatimids (this one was "stolen"). But I never had such trait...

It works with every king title? In my last GC I was king of Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Teutonic Order and Fatimids (this one was "stolen"). But I never had such trait...
Well I'm not sure if it counts titles like Teutonic Order and Fatimids, but all the "normal ones" should count.

And there's only a chance for gaining the emperor crown, so even if you hold enough titles and have ruler with right traits, it's not guaranteed for you to get it.

The trait you are not allowed to have is 'Modest' trait. Can't remember what the other requirements are.

The trait you are not allowed to have is 'Modest' trait. Can't remember what the other requirements are.

I can't check the event right now, but there are other conditions.

- +100 relations with the Pope
- Not have realm duress or be excommunicated
- Have at least 10 vassals (possible only duke-level vassals count for this)

Yep, the imperial crown is more a flavour than anything really useful, but for RPing purposes it's a nice goal and I like to set my own goals in the game.

Also it's worth noting that if there's already Emperor you can't get the trait.

Are you sure about that?? I don't remember that trigger anywhere in the event.

I have that impression, but I don't remember for certain. At least I haven't seen two emperors at the same time.

In what file the event was, so I can check the triggers?

There can be more then 1 ruler in the game with the emperor-trait

Here are the conditions

Code:
character_event = { # The Pope has offered you an imperial crown.
	id = 6301

picture = "event_claim"

trigger = {
		condition = { type = kingdom }
		condition = { type = religion value = catholic }
		condition = { type = prestige value = 500 }
		condition = { type = gold value = 500 }
		condition = { type = piety value = 100 }
		condition = { type = age value = 16 }
		condition = { type = gender value = male }
		condition = { type = stability value = 0 }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = emperor } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = excommunicated } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = heretic } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = realm_duress } }
		condition = { type = not value = { type = trait value = modest } }
		condition = { type = exists value = PAPA }
		condition = { type = form_of_goverment value = feudal } # Kings become Emperors
		condition = { type = or
			condition = { type = papacy }
			condition = { type = papacy_csc condition = { type = relation value = 100 } }
		}
		condition = { type = or
			condition = { type = num_king_titles value = 5 } # To allow ahistorical empires for really successful players
			condition = { type = and
				condition = { type = title value = GERM }
				condition = { type = title value = BURG }
				condition = { type = title value = ITAL }
			} # HRE
		}
		condition = { type = num_duke_vassals value = 10 } # Substance for the empire
	}

There can be more then 1 ruler in the game with the emperor-trait

Here are the conditions

Ah, my bad. I must have confused general conditions of the event with the conditions of historical emperor (i. e. Holy Roman Emperor) from the same event.

My memory isn't what it used to be these days.