• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Not working right now, but I'll take your word it's the real deal.

Mmmm... interesting little thing... the original SotS collection is going for $5 on Steam right now. That's about the price of a smaller DLC... so in a way, the people asking for free DLC as compensation kinda-sorta got that... though I imagine most of them already own SotS. And well, I guess the letter did say there'd be added extra avatars and maps and stuff, so there's that too.

I just had one of those little lightbulb moments, I had applied for beta and didn't get selected. Look like the universe is giveing me a second chance. Ok joking aside. I muddled through sots1 and eventhough I am having to muddle through sots2 I do find myself having a good time. And based on past actions not just words I have no worries that with a bit of time things will be set right.

Sure, I can and will wait. But I'm still disappointed to tell the truth. I guess we all are. But, they will fix it of course. They always have.

On the other hand, if a free copy of the orginal SotS will help tide you over while we get this game shined from turnip to jewel, then please write to "contact@kerberos-productions.com"

I'am speaking as a completely new player to the SOTS universe and from my perspective people like me should be most angry considering we're not loyal or hardcore fans..(this is a total big shock and bad first impressions for us)

BUT the fact you guys offered a full refund is fine, personally i'l keep the game, guys on my steam list has assured me the devs are legit and will end up making a superb space simulation 4x game (and i love my space games)..so im cool with that. (and yea£30 is nothing too me so whatever)

You guys are obviously desperate for damage control and care deeply about your reputation since you're offering FREE copies of the original Sots......honestly I hope players don't get greedy and ask for free shit I think thats scummy. If they don't want the product they should just get their refund thats all.

(anybody hating on my last comment can screw themselves...I hate greedy scummy ppl end of )

Last edited:
Ok, lemme give some backstory so this makes sense.
I was in the OB for STO (Star Trek Online). That game came out at least a year too early because the publishers gave them a "get it launched or its done, we're out of money" deal. This is a MMO without even a penalty for dying.
Hell we werent even sure Cryptic was gonjna be around long enough for the game TO survive.
I bought a LTS (about $300) fr the game. After it launched and I got to see what they actually put out, I TRIED HARD to like it. Really did. I fought back and forth with myself about keeping it or taking the refund they offered. When I finally did decide to take it, I was a day late. Literally. They had cancelled the refund program the day before.
So I got burnt on a game after they offered a refund because I waited too long.

Dont get me wrong, Ive been a hard core SOTS 1 fan. My book is so worn I cant read the CD key an had to get Kludgy to get me a new one.
Its just the "if you dont learn from the past youre doomed to repeat it" feeling that I have here that makes it so I just CANT let this just go.

Ok we get it, your not happy, fine thats your choice. but i for one am sick of seeing you in multiple posts whining. you have the option of a refund, fine take it. but now it seems your making it your personal mission to do as much damage as you can to keberos with your nonstop posting and negative atitude. get your refund and go.

"Nope, mate, wont be coming back.
this is as I have said the biggest cock up Ive seen in a game, and he's making the "hard decision" to waste our time and string out the updates? Yeah screw this."

-Buddahcjcc

No offense, but are you 15? Or are you one of the people who nostalgia is always what it was cracked up to be?

For those who talked in prior forums about the perfections of all of our 1990s games, for those who actually played them, does anybody remember Wing Commander 2? Or Crusader: No Remorse? Back then you'd pay 40 bucks for a game, and it didn't work with your video card. And you'd never get a patch. Or it crashed on loading. Every time. Or you could play as far as the first time it popped up a movie (with real actors and video), and then crashed. Every time.

The difference is, now things get fixed. Anybody remember editing your autoexec.bat in order to decide whether you should mount your CD-Rom drive and copy a 250 meg game onto your 1 gig hard drive or be able to listen to music?

I'm not meaning to say this wasn't a cockup. Far from it. But for us who remember "the glorious 90s," things weren't all cheery for the gaming industry back then. If I can remember more games that made me pull my hair out to get running, many of which I never finished, I'll let you know. And FYI - I paid more for Crusader and didn't get half as far. And they never offered a refund or an apology. I understand being mad, but be reasonable as well.

um I do, my first PC was a Tandy 1000HX. I wasnt hanging around during launches back then though so yeah.
Guess I should have qualified that with "that IVE seen" oh wait I did, I dunno where youre getting that nostalgia thing from.... I dont remember putting anything about 1990 in my post.
I was around though for Hellgate london and STO and a few others and I STILL hold by my "this is the worst launch"

THAT IVE SEEN

had to sseperate that as you missed it the first time

Ok we get it, your not happy, fine thats your choice. but i for one am sick of seeing you in multiple posts whining. you have the option of a refund, fine take it. but now it seems your making it your personal mission to do as much damage as you can to keberos with your nonstop posting and negative atitude. get your refund and go.

Im sorry if posting my opinion is doing aggravated damage to kerberos' reputation, but I cant label myself as the blind fan-person that can ignore the scope of this screwup. And if youve ACTUALY read my posts youd see I WAS actually RTYING to play the game but the GAME killed it for me an if youer gonna tell everyone on here that is "whining" as you say or expressing their opinion as I say then GL with that youll have your work cut out for you.

Last edited:
Buddahckcc, I appreciate your were angry, but the time has come to move forward. You have the choice of where to go next, but the time has come to look forward for the rest of the community, and thats where most people's focus is at the moment. Everyone has made their own decision, and going round in circles becomes harmfull to all involved.

You now got to decide if you want your refund, which is fair enough, or want to keep the game and watch it develop, which is also fair enough. No matter what they choose no one is making a wrong decision - everyone makes an individual choice.

Nope, mate, wont be coming back.
this is as I have said the biggest cock up Ive seen in a game, and he's making the "hard decision" to waste our time and string out the updates? Yeah screw this.
As I said, lost my faith.
My email is sent.

I will say I hope IKerberos has better luck than Cryptic did after their screw up

Cryptic? The Co creator of city of heroes? LOL NOw you lost my attention. In any case, your getting your refund. GOODBYE :)

Finally!
Still thinking about that refund. For me, it would just be 'voting with my euros', so I'll probably wait for the first one or two patches (shouldn't be more than a couple of days, after all) and see how Kerberos' plan for solving this mess starts rolling. If it does well, then I will probably keep it, if not, then not.

However I cannot stop to wonder how all this could happen in the first place. There is not much explanation in that post, mainly an outlook on what will be done about it (granted, that's more important, but still...).

I appreciate the honesty and willingness Martin displayed in his post. As irritated as I am with the state of the release I understand the need for patience (sadly lacking in our world now). The game has excellent potential and its reassuring to see kerberos is dedicated to SotS2 and willing to communicate (without sounding like an arrogant douchebag). Honestly I just picked up another game to occupy my time till the updates fix the core issues. I have no intention of getting a refund 36 bucks is hardly worth nerd rage and high blood pressure. I have dealt with enough customers to know many think they are the center of the universe and we should roll out the red carpet for them. After that screw ups like this don't bother me anymore.

Well, calm the crap down then. It's unfortunate that mid 2005 was when you first got into video games, despite owning a truly arcane piece of hardware. What I'm getting at is this is nothing new, and raging and claiming it's the worst thing imaginable (or I suppose the worst thing UVE SEEN) doesn't really lend a whole lot of credibility to your argument. Which re-reading it is really more of an angry rant with the grammatical quality and cohesiveness I'd expect out of a child. Or an inmate.

And I gather you haven't exactly been reading deeply on the forums, otherwise you'd know what I was referencing.

And lastly, I don't know whether to laugh at the use of the term aggravated damage or pity you for it. You're not tarnishing the reputation any more than this calamity already has, and the way you write makes it difficult to take anything informative you have to say seriously. Take a deep breath and make your point, but when people can hear you screaming without using capslock, you're not going to get any message through.

Well, calm the crap down then. It's unfortunate that mid 2005 was when you first got into video games, despite owning a truly arcane piece of hardware. What I'm getting at is this is nothing new, and raging and claiming it's the worst thing imaginable (or I suppose the worst thing UVE SEEN) doesn't really lend a whole lot of credibility to your argument. Which re-reading it is really more of an angry rant with the grammatical quality and cohesiveness I'd expect out of a child. Or an inmate.

And I gather you haven't exactly been reading deeply on the forums, otherwise you'd know what I was referencing.

And lastly, I don't know whether to laugh at the use of the term aggravated damage or pity you for it. You're not tarnishing the reputation any more than this calamity already has, and the way you write makes it difficult to take anything informative you have to say seriously. Take a deep breath and make your point, but when people can hear you screaming without using capslock, you're not going to get any message through.

Lol, who's raging now? :D

honestly i dont see how they can fix this piece of crap. the interface needs some iOS programers and to be totally honest some of the new features of sots II are bug all retro junk. I don't like multiple planets in a system and i dont like making feesabilty studies. and lets get straight to the point here, honestly from the little i've seen the AI is utter junk. I believe honestly STOS vs STOS II the STOS AI would win hands down. now that said i also wonder why we start out with 3 planets... I am very picky about the planets i colonize and i dont like the AI making that choice. and also honestly why are there so few starting maps?

I am a new fan of SOTS and I new member of the Kerberos community. And I have to say that Mecron's post was perfect. It was to the point, no excuses were made and he wasn't seeking sympathy either. I really *really* admire that.

Also his options in terms of compensation are totally reasonable and with his written promise to fully support this title, it makes sense to hold on to it & let his team do their magic.

We really have nothing to lose here.

Good and clear statement from Kerberos. I'm sticking around for the long haul. Will take up the offer for SotS1 while I wait. :) And no, I'm not a fan-boy - I can see a lot of potential under the problems. And the attitude of Paradox and Kerberos since Saturday has been as much as can be asked. Still not happy with the release or the released product though.

Status
Not open for further replies.