• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm a 15 year old High School Student.
I want to get Crusader Kings II, because it looks like it will fulfill my need for role playing and strategy at the same time. :D
Been playing Paradox Interactive games since i was 13 years old i think.

I am 30 years old, and work as Technical Quality Assurance for a video game company.

I am interested in this game because I like other Paradox titles, and think that this one has a good potential to match roleplaying with strategy, creating interesting stories every time.

28 years old, Electrical Engineer in a government utility.
I like history especially Medieval ones, and love any strategy game based on historic accuracy, CK2 will be the best for my style.

26 years old. I have a BA in political science, w/focus on foreign policy. At the moment I'm doing prospect research (I scout corporate donors for a non-profit.) Like everybody else here, apparently, I'm a pretty big history nerd.

Last edited:
20. Just started school as a library sciences major. I've got a lucrative career ahead of me.

20. Just started school as a library sciences major. I've got a lucrative career ahead of me.
Don't let society put a boot down on the face of your career, BootOnFace!:laugh::rolleyes:

23 y/o soldier. Part-time university student in Defence, History and Politics.

Was introduced to PI (via HOI2) by a co-worker and have bought everything they made since. Doesn't hurt that I enjoy the original CK even now (despite the age and effort of the interface). Here's to CKII being the 2012 GOTY.

31 y/o, master degree in Marketing Communications, working as a Web marketing manager for a big company.
Always been interested in history (especially medieval occitan and islamic), and a player of Europa Universalis since the boardgame (dear Philippe, how many hours I've spent on that manual to understand the rules! :p)

20 years old biochemistry student. I first found CK while doing some reading on the post-Manzikert politics of the Byz Empire some 2-3 years ago. Got hooked ever since. Tried my hands on EU III and Vic 1&2, but came back for CK from time to time. Can't wait for CK2!!!

I see that you mostly study/studied humanities.
I am 33, I have PhD in physics and work at University (research and teaching).
I am not sure though if I buy CK2, I guess that depends how much later Magna Mundi will be released :) Sadly I will not have time to play both :(

25 years old medical science graduate

19, born and raised in England but studying History (European Concentration, hah!) in Canada. I have not a single idea about what I may be doing jobwise in the future.

Thanks to a cousin who introduced me at an early age, I pretty much own all the paradox games (if only I could be asked to register them) except Rome... which is a little ironic seeing as that has always been a favourite of mine. CK II and Magna Mundi are both going to be bought and I hope to find time to AAR my way through them. The role-playing keeps me coming back!

I'm a 16 years old ordinary high school student. I've been playing PI games since 2007, though I don't play as active as I used to in the glorious days of HoI2 and modding. But I've always thanks PI games for indirectly introducing me to all sorts of things like Photoshop, programming, history and the most interesting thing, internet forum! I like how you can be involved not only in playing game but also in adding modification and that. Very fun experience.

I see that you mostly study/studied humanities.
I am 33, I have PhD in physics and work at University (research and teaching).
I am not sure though if I buy CK2, I guess that depends how much later Magna Mundi will be released :) Sadly I will not have time to play both :(

Do you call economics for a humanities field? Depends on what side of the field one are on maybe.

I'm 27 and do research in pure mathematics, in the field of operator algebras, so at least that's not humanities. :)

I'm 23 and I study social science but I'm going to change my major to laws so I can become a lawyer, I think my first paradox game ever was Svea Rike or Svea Rike 2 great games, and I've been a paradox fan ever since.