• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(318011)

Recruit
10 Badges
May 19, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
This game looks really nice, but since there is no demo for me to check for myself, allow me to ask what the supported resolutions are in the game. I have a widescreen 1920x1200 native resolution monitor, so games that only offer lower resolutions in the 4:3 aspect ratio tend to look kind of awful.

Is this the case with Crusader Kings? Does it support higher resolutions, or more importantly widescreen resolutions?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
This game looks really nice, but since there is no demo for me to check for myself, allow me to ask what the supported resolutions are in the game. I have a widescreen 1920x1200 native resolution monitor, so games that only offer lower resolutions in the 4:3 aspect resolution tend to look kind of awful.

Is this the case with Crusader Kings? Does it support higher resolutions, or more importantly widescreen resolutions?

Thanks in advance!

I think so. You can try some out by editing the settings.txt file in the CK folder. But some of them might make text and the UI look a bit smallish. I play in 1024x768 on my 24" widescreen. It looks ok for me.

Edit: Ups .. seems I misread your post. You don't have the game right?? ... well as I said 1024x768 looks ok on mine.

Edit: I just tried 1920x1200 on my 24" monitor, and it looks fine. The load screens and startscreen do not expand, but no matter. The in-game map and UI looks fine.