• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Still a few more weeks of campaign in the south, though I'd advise to stop offensives in the north and set the AI to defensive posture accordingly. Transferring armor units further south would be useful as well. Even if they do not arrive in time to participate this year, the southern front will allow operations sooner than the northern fronts next year.

another great update Uriah.

I've been wondering if you could link again to your boardgame, I know the link is somewhere between 10 and 50 pages ago, but that's way to much to just sift through ;-) tnx in advance

/Krogzar

Wow, looks like you'll almost be in Stalingrad when it's time to make your winter-line. Are you building infrastructure gradually towards the front or in narrow 'highways?'

Great update as always!

Sort of narrow highways - I can't affor much more. From memory three or four. Stalingrad may be a bit far, supply issues are slowing progress as the AI won't attack with units on short supply.

Great update!!! I am wishing winter to come for watching the reorganization of your army and cabinet. :cool::cool:

It will be done = it is getting a bit clunky to control as we advanvce.

Still a few more weeks of campaign in the south, though I'd advise to stop offensives in the north and set the AI to defensive posture accordingly. Transferring armor units further south would be useful as well. Even if they do not arrive in time to participate this year, the southern front will allow operations sooner than the northern fronts next year.

I will stop inthe norht, but only when casualties start to mount. The snow so far is intermittent and my bombers are going mad with enthusiasm.

another great update Uriah.

I've been wondering if you could link again to your boardgame, I know the link is somewhere between 10 and 50 pages ago, but that's way to much to just sift through ;-) tnx in advance

/Krogzar

Thnkas Krozgar. My original Guderian's Breakthrough folded after continuous mud doomed the Wehrmacht offensive, but we restarted in April so about 5-6 turns up. It is slow going - about 1/2 turn per week in RL. Here is link

http://gb2aar.blogspot.com.au/

Uriah, you noticed that another expansion for HoI 3 has been announced? Considering that you still play by SF... you've got much news waiting for you ;-)

Great job and welcome back. A big tipoff on problems is if you notice your supply and/or fuel going negative with a warning that you will run out in 30 days or less. that is the sign that your supply network is overextended. You actually never run out but a big portion is now tied up in the network and that means many units never get the fuel or supplies needed. If those conditions start to happen then the Soviet AI will counter attack. And then you might start to see units surrounded and destroyed.

I mention this because whenever I play with AI control at army or AG level this always happenes to me sometime in late December or January. Come March it seems my units are resupplied and back on the offensive.

For those thinking its over in the East, remember that teh bitter peace won't fire unless Stalingrad (and usually most of the Caucasus region) has been captured.

Outside of actually playing this is the most enjoyment that I've had related to HOI. Thank you.

Thank you Uriah for the link.

It's a shame that the first game bogged down in mud, but just finished reading the 2nd game in a single go. It seems like a very interesting game ;-) Maybe I should move to Australia so you could learn me it ;-)

btw my nickname is Krogzar not Krozgar ;-) no offence taken

I hope you find time to play and write new updates soon

/Krogzar

Uriah, you noticed that another expansion for HoI 3 has been announced? Considering that you still play by SF... you've got much news waiting for you ;-)

I have noticed. To think that I started this not long after HOI3 was released. But my exams are now over so I can get back to this AAR - give me week or so as I think my wife has a list of urgent matters for me to attend to.

Great job and welcome back. A big tipoff on problems is if you notice your supply and/or fuel going negative with a warning that you will run out in 30 days or less. that is the sign that your supply network is overextended. You actually never run out but a big portion is now tied up in the network and that means many units never get the fuel or supplies needed. If those conditions start to happen then the Soviet AI will counter attack. And then you might start to see units surrounded and destroyed.

I mention this because whenever I play with AI control at army or AG level this always happenes to me sometime in late December or January. Come March it seems my units are resupplied and back on the offensive.

For those thinking its over in the East, remember that teh bitter peace won't fire unless Stalingrad (and usually most of the Caucasus region) has been captured.

Outside of actually playing this is the most enjoyment that I've had related to HOI. Thank you.

I have had the supply surges ever since I hit Russia proper. Usually for about 3-4 days supply plummets, then it rebuilds. Nothing that really can be done except make sure that a big buffer exists. I try to keep supply above 60k.

Thanks for the complement.

So what happens after BP? Will we be treated to Sealion and an invasion of N. America? Inquiring minds want to know...:)

If the USA is not in the war by the time Stalin sees reason, then it is to teach Mr Churchill his place. May take a while before I could invade the USA: the KM is OK for local use but maintaining a supply line might be a bit much.

I'm hoping for an invasion of china and south east Asia, as always excellent update

I have though about it but supply might be a problem. I suppose I could start a chain of developed infra provinces heading east. Or head through Egypt.

Thank you Uriah for the link.

It's a shame that the first game bogged down in mud, but just finished reading the 2nd game in a single go. It seems like a very interesting game ;-) Maybe I should move to Australia so you could learn me it ;-)

btw my nickname is Krogzar not Krozgar ;-) no offence taken

I hope you find time to play and write new updates soon

/Krogzar

Should be writing both AARs soon. The board game gets priority for two reasons. It is much easier to write - not as much going on so it generallly a day or so. But most importantly, I can't save it. Within a week we play again and then I can't recheck what happened and must rely on my notes. I have found memory is not much use.

With HOI3 I save every computer day so rechecking isn't too bad. But it takes me bewtween 4-8 days to do a single update. So please be patient.

Sorry about the name. I realise that names are important to get right but must have got a bit sloppy. Hope my slip up wasn't something rude or derogatory.

Happy for you to come to Australia but you may need to stay for a year or so to play GBII.

PS I assume you are in SE Europe but hesitate to guess where as my experience is that guessing wrongly can cause offence. There are many migrants here from the former Yugoslavia and I have learned that feelings still run high. Australia stuffed up recently when the police sent a Croatian speaker to Serbia to assist in a murder investigation. Needless to say this was not welcomed.

As I said I didn't feel offended, it just catches my eye everytime it is misspelled ;-)

I've just told my fiancee that we're going to move to australia, she likes the idea, so we might even do it (if I could find a job there ;-) ) but don't hold your breath it will take quite a few years for both of us to actually get ready to move anywhere =)

My flag is actually the country I am from, I'm from the Netherlands. (Yep that country that irl rolled over and surrendered to the german warmachine in 5 lousy days.... but then again Rotterdam got terror bombed to get us to surrender) But I can imagine the stress and mix up with croatians and serbians. That's a big no no.

I thought it might be that, but with the flag upright it is not clear which way is up. And Krogzar didn't sound Dutch. So I assumed it was the old Yugoslav falg.

Do you think the russians have any ability to stop ur ai armies or is it basicslly a done deal in Rus? Even after i took leningrad movska and other important cities North i had a lot of trouble making it to stalingrad and baki due to weather, supplies, AND a increasingly effective soviet counter attack. It was never in jepordy but then again i didnt let the ai run these. Couple.kf scary moments tho. At least the soviet ai knew where the next offensive would be and dispatched their men accordingly. I was running di:gd tho

I thought it might be that, but with the flag upright it is not clear which way is up. And Krogzar didn't sound Dutch. So I assumed it was the old Yugoslav falg.

well Krogzar is the name a buddy of mine thought of for a diablo 1 wizard, n I borrowed it for my internetgames ever since *blushes*
we're cool now though.

I'm 100% dutch, though my fiancee is from India, so moving to australia is actually a realistic option for us. But it is close to a sovjet 5 year plan ;-)

I think this was enough offtopic fun though, so to the next update! ;-)

/Krogzar

Hiya mate. long LONG time lurker and 1st post!!!!
i do two things first thing in the morning.
1. check my facebook see whats happening in the world...
2. check this AAR, so whats happening in THE world.

you MAKE me wanna play this game even more!

keep up the awesome work.

Scotty.

Now now, if we all wait patiently and do the sacred update dance once every night we will get our update. No need to push Mr Uriah. :)

Now now, if we all wait patiently and do the sacred update dance once every night we will get our update. No need to push Mr Uriah. :)

Personally, I set up an altar with various pieces of german militaria, candles, and lots of incense, and pray to the great Uriah to deliver us from the evils of angst and worry about his offensives.

I am sorry and know people are waiting. I hav estarted the update and would have finished it this weekend but for RL. Have spent several ddays at hopsital with close relative who likely not last the wekend.

That isn't an excuse, just an explanation. Have just grabbed some sleep beifre heading back to relieve my wifde.

I really sympathize with your situation, Uriah. I hope that the situation isn't too much for you and your family. :( Please, take as much time as you need. I'm sure that all of us will be here whenever you have the time and the energy to continue with this wonderful AAR. :)