• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
End of the road for Siam!

Myth: Oh yes, need to build lots of them. Shall plan to build Mongol navy when I manage to make 2 year peace with them.
Enewald: Rule Mongols shall from as far as the eyes can see all the way to the horizon, time will tell. But as for now, they are getting a bad whipping in the waves! :p
Sokraates: Thx! Don't worry about, Pyrselov. I won't kill him off just yet in my tales. :)

Back on the campaign!

Aug 25th, 1942
Tianjin just east of Beijing falls to Japanese amphibious incursion.

Nyambuu (Intel): The Japanese made more landings! This time in Tianjin just next to our ancient capital of Dadu of the great Khan empire!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Blistering warts! This sucks! We really gotta finish of our Siamese campaign in no time to take care of the situation in China.

Aug 26th, 1942
Thon Buri peninsula falls to advancing Mongols thus dividing Siamese army into two, one in Bangkok and another isolated in the southern part of the peninsula.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We cannot waste anytime! I have lost patience with the Siamese for not ceding their allegiance to us! Bangkok shall pay!

With a merciless assault from four direction, the three Siam divisions who momentarily liberated Bangkok are annihilated.

331bangkok.jpg

Gen. Lyibangryyan (6th Armija): The canals of Bangkok is now filled with the stubborn dead and is in red… bloody red.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): That is the price of insubordination to the great Khan!

Nyambuu (Intel): Intel tells us that the six remaining enemy divisions in Kra peninsula are out of supply as they are isolated from Bangkok! They do not even have sampans to ferry supplies to their troops.

Sep 1st, 1942
Beijing falls to the marauding Japanese invaders!

Nyambuu (Intel): News from Dadu! The ancient city has fallen to Japanese! :eek:

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): We’ll dispatch General Luvsan’s Manchurian army to stop further incursion into the Dadu region! Luvsan!!

Gen Luvsan (2nd Armjia): Heard your shout thousands of miles away commander! We’ll dispatch, 50,000 men including myself to free northern China from the Japanese scourge! :mad:

Sep 2nd, 1942
Keshik 1st Genghis Korpus lead by Lt Gen Mindro charges after the routed Siamese army until the borders of British Malaya! It is the end of the road for the Royal Siam Army…

Lt Gen Mindo (Keshik 1st Genghis Korps): Let the blood of the warrior flows freely! Our almost 20,000 strong calvary has more than 70,000 enemy men to slaughter!

332singora.jpg

With a ratio of one horseman to more than three enemies to kill, the blood of the fallen shall flow freely!

And Japan’s last puppet state falls to the victorious hordes of the steppe in the dense tropical jungle of Siam.

333endofsiamarmy.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): The legend of the great Khan calvary did it again!! All are vanquished under the hooves of our horses!

Sept 8th, 1942
Keshik 1st Genghis Korpus captured the last key city of Singora less than a week later.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Give Siam what they deserve for turning their back against us! We have been approaching for their allegiance for the umpteenth time and yet they still rather place their faith with the Japanese emperor!

Annexation of Siam follows.

334annexsiam.jpg

Dagva (Security): Oh, it is my responsibility to teach the recalcitrant Siamese. Any resistance shall be intolerable!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Siam is finished, we shall need to work next to stop the Japanese incursions into other parts of IndoChina and the mainland!

A most excellent and brutal end to one of your enemies! Tamerlane would be proud of your efforts. :D

going to see how this AAR goes...

I'm currently about to finish reading the last book in Conn Iggulden's The Conqueror trilogy :p

Better raid and loot the wealthy cities of the Chin first.

may the tumans trample the khan's enemies under their iron hoofs.

what the heck? where do you live? have they released all 5 books in your country?!?! :mad:

A nice and bloody update. Just how we like it. :D Whis movie/documentary are the images from?

A most excellent and brutal end to one of your enemies! Tamerlane would be proud of your efforts. :D
Sure, because this modern day Khan gonna be conquering a greater slice of the earth than ever before :D

Enewald said:
One more nation down.
Too bad Mongols can't force the surrendering soldiers into their army. ;)
Gave up trying to puppet them, so just got to raise the sword and swosh down at ALL their necks!

Hastatii said:
what the heck? where do you live? have they released all 5 books in your country?!?! :mad:
frm what i understand, the 3rd is latest book. i hope my modest AAR can somehow satisfy some hunger meanwhile before the 4th book come along :p

Sokraates said:
A nice and bloody update. Just how we like it. :D Whis movie/documentary are the images from?
I got a folder loaded with Mongol images that i downloaded long ago when i plan to create this AAR. It could be pix or snapshot from various movie/docu snippets from various sites. I really cannot remember where this particular scene came from but it tells the demise of the Siamese army perfectly!! And vividly! :)

whats ure ic

Peak of 58 with total control of China including Korea but drop to as low as 51 during the recent Japanese invasion. Recovering slowly back after retaken Beijing area, IndoChina & parts of Yangtze Delta/Korea. If Mongol got back what was loss prior to jap invasion, the added Siamese IC should take the total IC >60.

Time to kick Japanese butt out..!

Sept 10th, 1942
In North Korea, undesirable element pops up…

335partisan.jpg

Dagva (Security): Blinking partisans! How dare they revolt against Mongol rule! Don’t they want to be with the ruler of the world!

Sept 13th, 1942
Japanese broke-out from their landing site in Tianjin!

336japinvasion.jpg

Nyambuu (Intel): Five Japanese divisions are running amok in the area of Dadu, commander!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): General Luvsan better get his butt there fast to repulse their advance!!

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): Bad news, commander! My army is suppose to be re-deployed to Tangshan, just north to their invasion point but unfortunately it has been overrun by the enemy four days ahead of my planned arrival on Sept 16th!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh no, what are you going to do then? :confused:

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): Well, can’t do much but give our boys a home leave for a day back in Ulan Bator actually. Well… not that I intend to, but a screw up by the logistics routed us all back home first because they haven’t decided where the alternate destination to be since our planned staging point was overran. Just gotten to see how my old wife is doing back home! My, she was really surpri…

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Cut the holidaying and move your army butts to new staging point at Jinxi immediately, General!! :mad:

Sep 22nd, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): Pocket Defense Doctrine researched!!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Great, I suggest you researched something to boost our Calvary Air Strike (CAS) capability! Their firepower is crucial in softening Japanese concentration in the Manchurian Front.

Lhumbe (Armaments): Right away, sire! Flying Circus Doctrine shall be learnt!

Ulanhu (Chief of Airforce): Finally, the Mongols shall soar even higher in the heavens and rain death upon the enemies! Muhahaha!! :D

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): I sure do hope so! The term “Flying Circus” sounds like clowning in the skies!

Sept 25th, 1942
More great deals from Stalin… two divisions with brigades for 5000 supplies+2235 metal ores.

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): I understand you need more troops to garrison our holdings now! Here are 2 divisions! With rocket and SP Artillery brigades!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): More, I need more!! I probably need 10 divisions to cover all the critical beach head areas to prevent yet another Japanese invasion that causes our planned Siberian campaign to be delayed by a year!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Well, I just hope Stalin can hang on with minimal help from us. It is tough to be squeezed from both sides. Germans are within a few hundred miles from Stalingrad already.

Sept 30th, 1942
General Luvsan’s taskforce finally made it to face Japanese threat from Beijing region after the detour to Ulan Bator.

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): Warriors of destiny, we destined to rid of Japanese scourge from OUR lands!

Nyambuu (Intel): You have 5 enemy divisions to deal with General.

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): No problemo! I just need to cut them off by taking the shorelines. We can then go about butchering them when they are trapped like animals in cages.

337liberatedadu.jpg

With that, the Mongolian task force break-out with planned route of seizing Tangshan-Tianjin-Yucheng. The Japanese still celebrating their short lived victory and are advancing without watching their rear. An impending doom for them, no doubt!

Oct 2nd, 1942
The Japanese finally launched a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor of US.

338pearlharbor.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Yess!!!!! Finally!! :D

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Our enemy now need to fight a second front in the Pacific, their navy shall be dispersed!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Not to mention their army and air-force too! With this, I hope they land their troops not in our Mongol mainland but the Allies holdings in South East Asia and the Pacific! Creates a breathing space for us while we crush their Siberian army!

Oct 6th, 1942
The numerous advancing Japanese army surrounded Nanjing-Suzhou enclave held mainly by the 4th Artillery Korps!

Lt Gen Duudei (4th Korpus): Get ready, recon says the Japanese are making for the assault!

Surrounded from four-sides, eight enemy divisions pit themselves against the four defending divisions of Suzhou. Lt Gen Duudei held his ground and soon after 24-hour of continuous fight, the Japanese gave up!

339suzhouhero.jpg

Lt Gen Duudei (4th Korpus): Commander, the enemy dropped their balls facing us and has stopped assaulting! We have won against overwhelming odds!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): So brave, Lt Gen! Or should I say GENERAL!! We need a general to lead the defense in that region!

With that, the 5th Mongolian General rises above the rank and file, proud of the reward earned!

340duudei.jpg

Gen. Duudei (4th Armija): Pleasant surprise!! Thank you, Commander! Shall serve till the day I die!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Your immediate primary task is contain Japanese advance in the Yangtze basin!

Enewald: Only with insane quest for power will drive the modern day Khan to succeed :) The legacy of the great Khan shall be the guiding spirit!

Myth: Learnt a lesson of the need to garrison the beaches. The current Indochina campaign to drive out Japs is a lot harder than the initial conquest! With Japs into war with US, they won't be landing so often I hope. Thanks for your vote on AARland awAARds. :D

Well there are two solutions. 1) Garrison the beaches. 2) Conquer Japan. I vote for the latter. :D

There are Japs all over the place! Kill 'em ALL!!!

Oct 12th, 1942
Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Did somebody say they need more troops to garrison our vast empire?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Oh yes! Gimme! GIMME!!!!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): Just two more here with artillery brigades!

Oct 13th, 1942
After the fall of Siam, Choybalsan’s army is redeployed to Vientiane to retake IndoChina back from Japanese hands.

341sdvietnam.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Advance my warriors!! We shall go straight down south and then cut east to the shorelines to divide the Japanese army into two!

The Japanese tried to stop the Mongolian maneuver but they obviously fail as they are taking on the core of the Mongolian army!

Oct 14th, 1942
At this time, the 5th Mongolian calvary has recaptured the whole length of shoreline in the Beijing region creating a large Japanese pocket inland.

342dadukill.jpg

Gen Luvsan (2nd Armija): Looks like a cakewalk, the trapped Japs are as good as dead. 60,000 men to be impaled and decapitated! Mercy to none who dare ransack our ancient capital of Dadu!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Brilliant, Gen Luvsan!

Oct 16th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): An advancement in mass production! Our first experimental assembly line created! With that we could theoretically churn our uncountable amounts of supplies and weaponry gear off the plant’s conveyor belts like water off a waterfall!

Luvsanshara (Head of Gov): This IS the war machine that wins war!! Great job!

Lhumbe (Armaments): Let’s see what should our assembly lines be focused on?

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Stuff that are used by our infantries, rifles, grenades, boots, etc

Lhumbe (Armaments): Right away, sire! We shall master Small Arms Assembly Line in no time!

Oct 27th, 1942
Strategic withdrawal from the urban area of Suzhou-Nanjing was carried by General Duudei to disperse the Japanese concentration in urban Shanghai that otherwise can never be taken on. But however, as usual, the Soviet may not be always cooperative as one division (77th Korpus) hang on to Nanjing stubbornly!
343nanjingalone.jpg

Gen Duudei (Mongol 4th Armija): Yo man! You’re not coming with us? I’m executing a tactical withdrawal!

Mj Gen Shvydkoi (77th Korpus): I only take orders from Moscow…

But an incoming telegram turns over control of Soviet 77th Korpus to Mongol command!

Gen Duudei (Mongol 4th Armija): You were saying? Muahahaha! :D You’re mine to order!!! When your ass is stuck in hard places, Stalin shall always turn to us to yank you out!

Mj Gen Shvydkoi (77th Korpus): Oh no!!! Save my ass please!!! :eek:o

The heroic Mongols eventually beat back Japanese forces at Hefei and pull out the surrounded 77th Korpus from certain death.

Nov 14th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): Front lines Supply Service researched improving out TC efficiency!!!

344landdoctrine.jpg

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): I need improvements in area of combat!

Lhumbe (Armaments): We shall learn Defense in Depth doctrine! It boost our troop organization levels and drop infantry cost! Our captive Japanese military instructor shall teach us, Mr Honda! With his skill and Soviet blueprints, we shall learn it in double-double time!!!

Nov 14th, 1942
With Beijing region secured, General Luvsan’s army advances south to assist General Duudei’s Yangtze taskforce which is facing 15 Japanese divisions in the Yangtze delta basin.
With formidable tactical maneuvers, Japanese troops are pocketed piecemeal over and over again, trimming the Japanese strength.

345shanghaipocket.jpg

Gen. Luvsan (2nd Armija): No Japanese shall stand alive before me! All shall fall!!!

Gen Duudei (4th Armija): None shall stand before me as well! Fall… fallll!!!!!

Nov 28th, 1942
Lhumbe (Armaments): Flying Circus researched and onto Force Substitution doctrine!!

Ulanhu (Chief of Airforce): Oh yes!! Mongolian shall dominate the land and skies soon enough with more Air Doctrines mastered!

Dec 1st-30th, 1942
Korean campaign to retake it from Japanese. Three Japanese divisions have retaken most of undefended Korea peninsula from the south! Two Mongolian infantry and two calvary divisions were sent in to free Koreans from Japanese subjugation!

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Kryuchenkin, I leave it to you to crush the Japanese in the cold of the winter!

Lt Gen Kryuchenkin (Keshik 2nd Kublai Korpus): The key to crushing the Japanese is our calvary mobility!

With lightning encircling maneuvers from the calvary, the Japanese aggressors found themselves isolated one by one and destroyed in the process. Another 30,000+enemy dead.

346korea.jpg

Dec 6th-28th, 1942
The Japanese troops in Indochina has been squeezed to a single province of Nha Trang near Saigon. With jungle cover, the four divisions there were a harder nut to crack than expected.

Choybalsan (Chief of Army): Curse the enemy scum, they are too entrenched in the jungle and we’re taking horrible losses! We need kill them off with overwhelming forces, call in the 3rd and 6th Artillery korps to blow ‘em away for good!

347nhatrang.jpg

Three weeks later with artillery blazing, the 3rd Artillery Korpus and 6th Artillery Armija joined in the fight finishing off the 40,000 Japanese in the enclave. As Stalin has said before, artillery is the God of War.

Well it looks like the Japanese are under control, and that their adventures in China are just leading to an absolute hemorrhage of soldiers.

Well there are two solutions. 1) Garrison the beaches. 2) Conquer Japan. I vote for the latter. :D

I just realise something on Japan. Recall I mention of making peace in exchange of land in their homeland. I just realise I CANNOT make peace with them since after Pearl Harbor, Japan have sealed an alliance with German against Allies and Commie. I do not believe a peace is possible as I think it hardcoded to be rejected by AI. I may have to resort to paratrooping from Korea to capture a Japanese province. BUt I have to figure out how to build a fleet of TPs without getting it destroyed during build-up and create an airwing strong enough to defeat the Japanese fighters that are patrolling the home island. BIGGGG taskss!

Well it looks like the Japanese are under control, and that their adventures in China are just leading to an absolute hemorrhage of soldiers.

From intel screen, Japanese # of division count varies from 75-105. Not much increase from all the previous years showing that daddy soldier is dead and his son has replaced him. Life is short! :p

But with my upcoming Siberia campaign to bagged all Japanese there, I expect the intel count to be <50 divisions! :D

So much for the Japanese troops in Mongolia. Good riddance and and hope to see you again soon ... not. :D

Regarding the promotion on Duudei: it would not have been necessary for defense, only for offense.

In a defense, the command limits of all participating generals are added. So e.g. two Lt. Generals have a defensive command limit of 6 (2x3). That's also the numer you see in your screenshot (4/6; that means 4 divisions participating in the defense and a command limit of 6 divisions).

However on the offensive only the command limit of the highest ranking general is taken into account. So two Lt. Generals give you an offensive command limit of 3.

Alright. So much for the theaory. Now go rebuild that navy of yours and crush the Japanese in their homeland. Show them how it feels like to be invaded.