• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
every time i get an event, like border friction, which is supposed to give me a casus belli, when i go to declare war, it says no casus belli ... in fact, under no circumstances do i ever seem to have a casus belli ... what am i missing?
Felt the same frustration too. After you click "Declare War", there should be a mini-panel on the right that lists available Casus Belli for you to press.

Felt the same frustration too. After you click "Declare War", there should be a mini-panel on the right that lists available Casus Belli for you to press.

ah .... thanks so much

Is conquering North Africa worth it, or will it just bring RR and drag down my research?
All of the above.
The most reasonable answer that I can offer, is that it depends on what nation you are, and how large and/or fiscally secure you are.

If you are an OPM with a port - I wouldn't do it. If you are a blob in the HRE, go for it. If you are a non-HRE Eurasian nation, then maybe. The majority of North African (and you might as well add Middle Eastern, Eurasian Horde, etc. etc.) provinces are not wealthy, so there will be reduced income during RR, and even after RR subsides, you won't *quite* have a revenue windfall. Additionally, you will have to divide your forces between your home nation and your new conquests - which will probably mean building many more troops (spending ducats), even if you avoided having regiments destroyed during your conquests. Then there is the significant cost (in ducats and RR) of conversion, if you choose to do that. So conquering those non-threatening lands is generally not an easy source for more ducats. Vassalizing your neighbors, province improvements, and trading can offer more benefits in the short term.

There are distinct short-term advantages to the early parts of conquering the infidels; namely the *fighting*. Crusade gives nice bonuses for as long as you can drag out your warfare. Unam Sanctum is a really nice way to take a lot of land (with the wrong religion!) for a small amount of infamy.

In my Transylvania game, I'm quickly falling behind in tech - even though I've managed to join the HRE recently - largely because I slacked off in province improvements. Gobbling up what is left of the Ottomans (and their allies, and their neighbors) makes sense because it adds to my Force Limits and manpower. To be victorious against other members of the HRE (and even some Middle Eastern nations who invested in tech instead of warfare), I have to outnumber them by at least 2 to 1, until I can Westernize.

What is the "White Peace!" event? I was at war with the Hansa and a couple of allies for a while as Bavaria, where I was always waiting for my infamy to drop enough so I can annex another nation. But then this "white peace!" event happens to the Hansa, and a white peace happens, without me accepting it.

What is the "White Peace!" event? I was at war with the Hansa and a couple of allies for a while as Bavaria, where I was always waiting for my infamy to drop enough so I can annex another nation. But then this "white peace!" event happens to the Hansa, and a white peace happens, without me accepting it.

If no combat, occupation, or blockades occur for 5 straight years the war will automatically end.

If you are at war, but haven't fought for five years (sieges don't count), you automatically get a white peace. If you want to continue a long war, send over some mercenaries now and again to attack their troops and demonstrate your hostility.

Is it bad (if I want to expand and go to war) if I have full Inovative? (-5)

Is it bad (if I want to expand and go to war) if I have full Innovative? (-5)
Nah. Just keep your wars as short as possible, and resign yourself to *never* being the Papal Controller. Or having any cardinals.
There is no wrong configuration of government, but you should understand how the effects can limit your options.

That'll be difficult, (and I'm Orthodox and Rome. So the Papal don't even exist) but I'll try. Does it make it worse if I'm also almost fully centralized (also decreasing on that, but hey I'm caesar!)?

For I've noticed I'm basically screwed if it goes on for longer than a year or so.

Playing as Austria I got the mission "Make Bohemia vote for you".

When I use the tooltip on the elector screen I am told that Bohemia for "strategic reasons" votes for them self. Relations are 86 at the moment (all other modifiers is also in my favor).

Will it help to bring relations to 200 or do I need to make them my vassals (for roleplaying reasons I would like to avoid that) in order to make them vote for me?

Thanks in advance

Playing as Austria I got the mission "Make Bohemia vote for you".

When I use the tooltip on the elector screen I am told that Bohemia for "strategic reasons" votes for them self. Relations are 86 at the moment (all other modifiers is also in my favor).

Will it help to bring relations to 200 or do I need to make them my vassals (for roleplaying reasons I would like to avoid that) in order to make them vote for me?

Thanks in advance

They will never vote for you unless vassilised or reduced to a small nation(iirc its the same for any large nation in the hre), it can be worthwhile to do it as I think having them as vassals is a requirement for the austrian inheritance

How do I stop paying tribute to steppe nomads when I don't want to buy them off anymore?
Declare war. There is no way to get a CB though so you will take a stabhit.

How come for some nations that are not relatively big they have an insane % in order to be vassalized? (around 250% of victory) Like Austria.

How come for some nations that are not relatively big they have an insane % in order to be vassalized? (around 250% of victory) Like Austria.
Cost to vassalize is based on the total peace cost of all their provinces which is in turn based largely on the wealth of the provinces; Austria has very valuable provinces.

If the emperor is also an elector of the HRE and is the only independent elector left, do you need to vassalize him too in order to dismantle the hre? Or do you just need to control his capital?

Cost to vassalize is based on the total peace cost of all their provinces which is in turn based largely on the wealth of the provinces; Austria has very valuable provinces.

So I'd need to reduce their number of provinces?