• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Finally, here is my suggested peace, with the Kingdom of Jerusalem (to be ruled by a Tilius) in white. Observe that the Caliphate gains Baalbek and regains Rhodes and Cyprus, while retaining land access to its rich provinces in inland Syria. Russia gains some provinces on the Black Sea, and some on the Caspian. A buffer state between Persia and the Caliphate should cool tensions there; as Frosty has repeatedly pointed out, the land itself is not very valuable, being mainly desert, so there should be no objection on that ground. Besides which, most of what would go to Jerusalem is currently Persian anyway. Observe that Gaza remains Egyptian, while the West Bank goes to a crusader Kingdom; I trust this is acceptable to all involved.

peace.png

Note that Foels has not had a chance to comment on this, so take it as a basis for discussion rather than a firm offer; the week passes quickly, so I felt it better to get something out there now.

Yes Tilius to rule the Holy Land! Also we can be moslem too. I agree.
Ahmadinejad-crusader--43592.jpg

how come all these middle-eastern dictators looks exactly like my (late) dad?

...And I would kill for that sort of beard :D

hmmm.. I seem to recall that face from somewhere else..:D

A crusading persian? What were those claims about Ike being a neutral party again, KoM? :p

Keeping to character I already have one. :D

hmmm.. I seem to recall that face from somewhere else..:D

No don't. He is a genuine Muslim-Christian Crusader from the Tilius Dynasty set to rule the Holy Land and serve both God and Allah.

A crusading persian? What were those claims about Ike being a neutral party again, KoM? :p

He is not Persian but a Polak who has been in the sun and seen dust and war.

how come all these middle-eastern dictators looks exactly like my (late) dad?

He is not your dad, he is a Crusader Tilius!

Last edited:
Being a Muslim, he would obviously crusade against me, not you; he's wearing the Cross as a subterfuge, a ruse d'guerre. Sneaky, untrustworthy Tiliuses, we hates them, Precious!

Thinking about it, getting a Moslem Tilius might be a bit of a problem; I don't want to edit it. Perhaps we can make the Kingdom a duchy for a while, leaving it a vassal of one of the Caliphates, and give out the Kingdom title only when the ruler converts?

Perhaps we can make the Kingdom a duchy for a while, leaving it a vassal of one of the Caliphates, and give out the Kingdom title only when the ruler converts?

We could, of course said bufferstate will not be Jerusalem.

Being a Muslim, he would obviously crusade against me, not you; he's wearing the Cross as a subterfuge, a ruse d'guerre. Sneaky, untrustworthy Tiliuses, we hates them, Precious!

Thinking about it, getting a Moslem Tilius might be a bit of a problem; I don't want to edit it. Perhaps we can make the Kingdom a duchy for a while, leaving it a vassal of one of the Caliphates, and give out the Kingdom title only when the ruler converts?

What? Why you hate us? We have done nothing to you? We moslem Tilius people are peace loving people.

We could, of course said bufferstate will not be Jerusalem.

3701l_2f10b915448c0768477417625ba85962.jpg

I have to say, the current proposal seems quite reasonable to me.

The maps make it seem so, but do not mistake swats of colours for how the war is going. Again, I do not indent to ceede 22 provinces worth two Alexandrias when not a single one of my demesne provs are occupied. It is the conclusion of the defending powers that we have turned the tide and what is lost will soon be retaken, why would we sign a loosing peace when we are about to gain momentum?

How does buffer-Sultan of Rum-Azerbaijan sound? :D

The maps make it seem so, but do not mistake swats of colours for how the war is going. Again, I do not indent to ceede 22 provinces worth two Alexandrias when not a single one of my demesne provs are occupied. It is the conclusion of the defending powers that we have turned the tide and what is lost will soon be retaken, why would we sign a loosing peace when we are about to gain momentum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIX0ZDqDljA

Or, maybe you can, but I doubt it.

maybe you can, but I doubt it.

That is our belief, from the facts on the ground. We may of course have misjudged how long it would take, but in the end we believe victory will be ours. They meanwhile are selling the fur before the bear has been shot. They may hold some of my land, but Persia and Byz cannot simultaneously defeat me and defend against the Russian hordes. (In addition there is the Mongol wildcard) (and of course the dark magiks of fieldarmies bug-disapparating that may strike whomever..)

In Soviet Russia the winner loses the war

Shouldn't they be taking 22 provs from Russia in that case

Last edited:
Upon advice, we have decided to slightly modify our offered terms: The Kingdom of Jerusalem (perhaps it should more accurately be called the Emirate of Jordan?) can manage without Jerusalem and Tiberias. In other words, we are leaving the West Bank under Egyptian control. We feel confident that this cannot possibly cause bloodshed, genocide, and hard feelings for the next three hundred years. :)

We feel confident that this cannot possibly cause bloodshed, genocide, and hard feelings for the next three hundred years. :)

Yes, yes, peace forever in the middle east...

If we are going for a peace based on current occupation +some extre provs, shouldn't I be getting Syria?

At any rate, we will not accept a peace where we do not gain back the provinces you so recently took from us.

Last edited:
If we are going for a peace based on current occupation + some extra provs, shouldn't I be getting Syria?

In that case, I should also get Rhodes, Beirut, and Famagusta. I did give you Baalbek - your repeated references to 22 provinces make me wonder if you mistook this for a concession in the other direction? Baalbek is purple with red stripes, not red with purple stripes. :) However, since

At any rate, we will not accept a peace where we do not gain back the provinces you so recently took from us.

the point seems a bit moot.