• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I got the converter to work, however, as soon as i select the only army, game crashes. Is the a problem only i got or somerhing more widespread?

It's not a problem I've seen. If you'd email me your save files (the CK one and the converted one), I'll take a look at it.

Great job Idhrendur, can't wait till I have my HttT version to play my saved game of my DV, great job. How long did it took you to do it ?

Not terribly long. It's really just a slight modification to Ulmont's converter. Most of my time working on it was getting a grasp on the overall structure (during my Christmas and New Years break, so lots of time). Except for including the dynasties names, it was just a few small changes.

Getting it to work with the 4.1 beta patch took so long because I don't really know java. I'm a C/C++ guy, so it's a little like reading italian if you only know spanish.

Not terribly long. It's really just a slight modification to Ulmont's converter. Most of my time working on it was getting a grasp on the overall structure (during my Christmas and New Years break, so lots of time). Except for including the dynasties names, it was just a few small changes.

Getting it to work with the 4.1 beta patch took so long because I don't really know java. I'm a C/C++ guy, so it's a little like reading italian if you only know spanish.

:D Well you did a great job anyway, can't wait to convert my Poland game to HttT, it is gonna be fun :)

Great to read that you fixed the Georgian bug, I have been eagerly waiting for this! :)

But I am still getting errors, like this one:
too many (202) independant countries ; too few (173) available tags
I tried to fix that by cheating some independent counties into vassalisation, but now I get:
not enough tags ; restricting indepedence level by 30585
This was the point where I stopped the converter since it was just counting up.

Any suggestions?

That's a strange, subtle one that I think carries over from Ulmont's converter. Email your save and I'll try to look into it, but I suspect the prospects are not good.

The converter stops at the same place for me, CK Deus Vult with latest patch and EU3 HTTT with lastest beta patch. Tried in both windows XP 32-bits and Windows 7 64-bits. Can't wait for this to work!!! My game is in year 1105 now, hope this is working when I'll finish it :)

This looks great! Thanks alot for your hard work :)

Thank you, mail has been sent!

I haven't seen the email come in, can you resend it? It may be on my end, hotmail seems to limit attachment sizes. You may need to use an upload service and send me the link.

The converter stops at the same place for me, CK Deus Vult with latest patch and EU3 HTTT with lastest beta patch. Tried in both windows XP 32-bits and Windows 7 64-bits. Can't wait for this to work!!! My game is in year 1105 now, hope this is working when I'll finish it :)

This looks great! Thanks alot for your hard work :)

That error was associated with older HttT beta patches. Can you double-check that you have the latest? I'll try to come back this evening with the checksum I see as a way of verifying.

I will keep my saves and make a fresh install of EU 3 HttT. I'll try your converter and post the results / checksums :)

EDIT: You were right, I didn't have the latest beta patch! When getting my saved game, I noticed the BIG country names on territories, and when selecting units I see exactly the number of regiments..

Checksum: It was PUUM when I started it the first time but HYTM all the other times after.

CK : DV is patch 2.1 BETA

Will post the result of the converter after trying it out now :)

Last edited:
Ok, The converter is now working! it gives a really strange setup tough :p In my CK game , all of the iberian peninsula is controlled by diverse Muslim kingdoms and now Hainaut and Baden are in Iberia :p

Second thing, the second I touch my only unit present in-game, the game crashes (tried 3 times) :p

Still, it looks good!

EDIT: I am not the only one with this problem I see, if you want my savegames, I will be glad to give them to you :)

Ok, The converter is now working! it gives a really strange setup tough :p In my CK game , all of the iberian peninsula is controlled by diverse Muslim kingdoms and now Hainaut and Baden are in Iberia :p

Second thing, the second I touch my only unit present in-game, the game crashes (tried 3 times) :p

Still, it looks good!

EDIT: I am not the only one with this problem I see, if you want my savegames, I will be glad to give them to you :)

The crashing problem I've seen. I've had success in loading the save, saving it, then loading that save.

The crashing problem I've seen. I've had success in loading the save, saving it, then loading that save.

Ok, I tried that method and it worked! thanks alot :)

To solve the problem of the missing countried being changed to another (cordoba becoming hainaut , etc.) , could making and adding the new (old) countries (cordoba, Léon, etc.) to EU3 and then changing the conversion parameters would keep the original nations?

Sorry for the lack of replies here.

@DefSet - I was able to use your save to fig that bug. You should have seen an email with a converted save awhile back. Next time I do a release (probably just as DW comes out), it'll have that fix for everyone.

@SplitSide - That would work, yes. But that'd have to be your own mod to the converter, as I'm aiming for it to work with an unmodded HttT. In any case, I suspect your problem is just too many kingdoms in Iberia. The tags are assigned by matching to existing countries first, then by region, and then "leftover" ones are assigned where needed.

Glad to hear it. Sadly, I've been rather busy of late, and haven't really had any time to start work on it.

And I also volunteered to work on EU32V2. Though I think I know what to do about their current bug. I just need to have the time to do it. *sigh*

Code:
C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\CK2HttT 1.1.0>java -Xms1000m -Xmx1000m -c
p CK2HttT.jar net.sourceforge.ck2httt.CK2HttT
Crusader Kings to Europa Universalis III converter v1.1.0 SDM

Save File : C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save
 games\Brit 1081.eug
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.eu3.EU3Country.setRootPath(EU3Country.java:32
5)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:66)

Is what I got with C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save games and C:\Program Files\Paradox\Europa Universalis III

If I changed it back to C:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis III

Code:
C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\CK2HttT 1.1.0>java -Xms1000m -Xmx1000m -c
p CK2HttT.jar net.sourceforge.ck2httt.CK2HttT
Crusader Kings to Europa Universalis III converter v1.1.0 SDM

Save File : C:\Program Files\Paradox Entertainment\Crusader Kings\scenarios\save
 games\Brit 1081.eug
Converting for Heir to the Throne
LOADING FILE

title was not found for U019
java.lang.IllegalStateException
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.utils.Check.checkFatal(Check.java:9)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.ck.Country.load(Country.java:127)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.utils.FieldSet.put(FieldSet.java:32)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:51)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:20)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.utils.FieldSet.load(FieldSet.java:16)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.ck.Country.loadAll(Country.java:81)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.ck.Analyzer.<init>(Analyzer.java:40)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.ck.Analyzer.loadAnalyzer(Analyzer.java:105)
        at net.sourceforge.ck2httt.CK2HttT.main(CK2HttT.java:71)

Which I'm unaware what the problem is :(

It's likely an inheritance problem with U019 (Glamorgan, if I'm reading it right). Try running your CK save for a few days, resaving, and converting that in case it resolves itself. If not, you'll probably have to modify your save file to fix it. If you don't know how to do so, feel free to email it to me at the address in my signature and I'll take a look.

Also, if you're running Vista or 7, it's not a good idea to have these games installed in Program Files. Converters and other tools won't be able to write to the directories, so even if the converter works, your converted save will never appear.

I've been trying to convert a game, but I keep getting this:

ckhtttconversionerror.png

(Sorry about the poor quality, I had only a fraction of a second to snap the screenshot)

It seems similar to the error on page 1, but a bit different. I don't know anything about this sort of stuff, so any help is a appreciated. (Using Windows Seven)