• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

General Baker

Lt. General
73 Badges
Jun 22, 2010
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • For the Motherland
  • Gettysburg
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Cities in Motion
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • The Showdown Effect
Thought I'd merge all of Johan's twitter posts + other sources here for those who are thinking of writing a bug report, or otherwise moaning:

-- this is not the full, or official, changelog; just what we've heard from the devs so far --

DLC next week!
  • American Dream: (big) Contains events (over 30 of them), decisions, graphics.
  • Monument DLC: (small) additional terrain map city models, inc. Machu Pikku

Patch 1.2 out: 'Next Week'
Thousands of lines of code long, a fairly mahoosive patch. Will hit us with bugfixes galore, tweaks to existing mechanics and brand new features.

Patch 1.2 will not break saves

New features
  • 6 new achievements
    • Grand Coalition - 6 nations in coalition
    • Winter Tsars
    • Luck of the Irish - conquer British Isles
    • Sunset Invasion - Aztecs conquer Lisbon London Madrid Paris Rome
  • New Coalition & Opinion 2D mapmodes
  • Borderless windowed mode direct from Settings
  • Copy/paste in textboxes
  • Can now release vassal and play as them
  • Admin Points for inflation reduction; Economic Ideas therefore no longer give that functionality as last idea. Replaced with 33% cheaper inflation reduction.
  • You can now add provinces to the empire, if they border a seazone bordering the empire.
  • You will be able to surrender to the AI without +10 Warscore via a 'What do you want?' button
  • Adding over 25 new national ideagroups, including:
    • Serbia
    • Orissa
    • Granada
    • Taungu
    • Malaya
    • Punjab
    • Switzerland
    • Tibet
    • Ragusa
Tweaks
  • Revoltrisk from foreign rebel support now scales with the support given, and the revoltrisk scales with support_rebels ideas
  • Wartaxes now only have benefits, but lasts for 2 years and cost 50 mil power
  • Morale effects are now always percent applied on the tech bonus, making it scale through the ages
  • Morale is no longer regained while force marching
  • 'Enemy of my enemy' relation now ticks up over time
  • Sieging now always gives at least 1% attrition.
  • Taking a province now only destroys the highest level building of each type. Unique, manuf, and level 5 & 6 will always be destroyed.
  • Size penalty on coring is now reduced by about 0,2% each year, down to basically 0 at 1800.
  • Coalitions will now always join in a war; there is no truce penalty breaking if a coalition is called in a defensive war. AI cannot decline warleader alliance negotiation
  • Reduced outgoing trade value increase (20% -> now 5%) from forwarding merchants to prevent absurd value accumulations of 1000 of ducats in home nodes
  • Maxmorale can no longer be below the threshold where you can move troops.
  • Defeat rebels mission no longer gives +2 stability.
  • Border Friction being reworked/nerfed
  • Navies can not be exiled.
  • Fixing constant Japanese destruction by Catholicism
Bugfixes
  • We fixed a major bug which occasionally caused regiments to be at multiple places at once in combat
  • Sound quietening fixed, theoretically...
  • Annexing a country will no longer reset your steering in their tradenodes.
  • Exiled units can no longer loot.
  • Overseas colonies will never cause overextension
  • Fixed a bug which caused shattered retreats to not work while in hostile territory

... though I imagine I missed a few minor points here and there... and a fair few major ones too.

Last edited:
Thanks Mr. Baker.

Why is this stuff not posted in this forum by PDS? I don't fancy these social media stuff. The good old forum should in my opinion the first place to post.

Thought I'd merge all of Johan's twitter posts + other sources here for those who are thinking of writing a bug report, or otherwise moaning:

• Reduced outgoing trade value increase from forwarding merchants to prevent absurd value accumulations of 1000 of ducats in home nodes
  • Adding over 25 new national ideagroups
  • Coalitions will now always join in a war
  • You will be able to surrender to the AI without +10 Warscore via a 'What do you want?' button

... though I imagine I missed a few minor points here and there... and a fair few major ones too.

I assume this means that truces will apply to coalitions and not to individual members, to prevent splitting coalitions with truce-breaking? That's going to be tough.

Does that mean annexing pagans won't cause OE?

Also, what about Russia coring Siberia? Have they fixed that?

Hmm, it seems I should rush and finish my Portugal game so I can get my goal of 1k trade income before the patch nerfs it.
Hey, I'm no prophet; they're really short with their descriptions of things. If I knew more I'd add it to the post :p

I guess that countries that have never heard of each other's existence will still be able to form coalition. It's so ridiculous when Baden, Swahili and Huron create a coalition against me...

[*]Coalitions will now always join in a war

I hope this means that belonging to a coalition will force you to take -5 stability from truce breaking.

Wtf. Depending on how this plays out, it would pretty much take all the remaining fun out of my games.

I posted this in the Ryukyu thread: I really hope that with this new mechanic the AI will be smart about temporarily disengaging from coalitions when it doesn't want to expose itself to the risk of taking a trucebreaker penalty. So the same tactics could be applied, but in a more limited way (since if you're a big enough threat, a nation may stay in the coalition regardless of its truce).

"You will be able to surrender to the AI without +10 Warscore via a 'What do you want?' button"

This is so needed. Especially in the circumstances where you cannot surrender to the AI as you cannot give them anything of value to them, causing the war to drag on for years till they pretty much fully occupy you only to give a peace where they want 3 provinces you were willing to give them 5 years ago but couldn't do so.

Was so annoying, if my ally didn't peace out, I would have been able to press my own goals. I was on 9% having to wait for that tick so i could take a province worth 1 warscore, then Persia peaced out, leaving the Ottomans to smash my much smaller forces. I was willing to throw in the towel knowing i was beaten and in human games, they would peace out with you, just asking for what they want.

• Reduced outgoing trade value increase from forwarding merchants to prevent absurd value accumulations of 1000 of ducats in home nodes
  • Adding over 25 new national ideagroups
  • Coalitions will now always join in a war

Nice fixes, though you might also want to mention the three countries we know will be getting idea groups.

But I've been able to surrender at no warscore by just paying off my enemies. Throw some ducats at them and they tend to roll with it.

And they'll always join coalition wars now? Oh so exploitable. Well, rest of the world, say goodbye to all of your stability forever because I'll take -3 (diplo ideas) to give everyone else -5. This only encourages further blobbing because now I can deliberately rack up AE to get a new neighbor to join the coalition, then [=DOW=] them to drag everyone else into a new war, take more land from some of them in less than five years without breaking truces, hurt my enemies even worse (-5 stab and +5 WE) and get a new enemy, all while making the old enemies hopelessly weak.