• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Post 14 - Possibly The End
I sick of these revolts.

Preparations
Mazorvia, whom i released from Novogorod is my only ally. The alliance didnt really last long. A call of arms arrived, which i declined.

Gafsa and Gabes get forts.

War comes, it was Hansa first for some reason. But, eventually, the war with Morocco restarted. Along with the war, revolts also came.The Osel army was being sent back to Africa and one of the two african armies moved into Libya.

The 2nd Briton Moroc war
It didnt take long for us to take their provinces. Sirt gets taken. Happiness meter: Very happy
EU3_26-5.jpg

Hugh Jass improved the government. It didnt really make any difference whatsoever, but Jass insisted it was necessary. Happiness meter: Confused
EU3_27-5.jpg

Revolts
With our armies successfully moving into Egypt, peasents though they could try to liberate their land as the stomping armies were low. Ceuta and Sus were the first cities to fall. Happiness meter: Annoyed
EU3_28-4.jpg

Revolts were starting in nearly every province. They were getting stronger and stronger. Happiness meter: Frustrated
EU3_29-4.jpg

Peace
Our armies had successfully collasped the walls of Libya. Peace was made.
EU3_33-4.jpg

For some reason, people thought this was a good time to revolt. Dont even ask.

Mo' revolts
Revolts were happening everywhere, with provinces having risk of over 20%. But, through all this, we gain a core, nice!
EU3_37-3.jpg

Morocco was falling to the treacherous rebels, finally we managed to get an army dispatched there to attempt to clean it up.
EU3_39-2.jpg

We take a move towards a centralized society, more revolts. A pretender rises in Kola.
EU3_40-4.jpg

"Whats this? A battle?"
"Just look at the damn screenshot!"
EU3_41-2.jpg

"Cavalry! Do something!!! What are they even good for?!?" Hugh screamed.

"Whats this? A battle?"
"Hansa have declared war sir."
EU3_49.jpg

"Thats just it!" Hugh said, "I'm sick of these revolts, im sick of these battles!"
"What shall we do sire?"
"Theres only two things we could do, either retreat from Denmark and just bloackade the straits, or retreat from Scandinavia entirely and concentrate the forces in africa only."
"Well, think about it overnight at least sir...or maybe ask this audience for their opinion"

End
Sorry theres no picture of the post, i was far too busy smashing rebels to care for what the Byz is doing.

End map:
EU3_MAP_GBR_1451617_1.jpg

So should i keep the worthless pile of snow that is scandinavia and risk constant attacks from Hansa and Novogorod? Or should i evacuate it for the pleasures of the Gold and Salty Africa?
Both are worthless, Both are big, you decide!

Now lets go play Hearts Of Iron 3, Vale!

Well, Africa isn't any better, no sense to abandon Scandinavia since you already have a good number of cores there. If you lose those, your economy will be in shambles.

You need some way to stall things long enough to get that RR down...

Did the Papal States just unite Italy?! Che surpriso! I counted them down and out a while ago! I wonder if there's an event where you can form lo stato italiano. That'd be pretty cool...

So should i keep the worthless pile of snow that is scandinavia and risk constant attacks from Hansa and Novogorod? Or should i evacuate it for the pleasures of the Gold and Salty Africa?

You should hold on to Africa for dear life! If you gain a core there, you'll be able to use it as a launching point to colonise South America. Also, I reckon suppressing rebels'll cost less resources than an all out war against the Slavs, Germans or whatever savage race decides to next question the glorious English dominion of Scandinavia.

Byzantium losing land?
Qin and Vijayanagari dominating?
It's not, is it? Anyway, its holding onto it really well.

Well, Africa isn't any better, no sense to abandon Scandinavia since you already have a good number of cores there. If you lose those, your economy will be in shambles.

You need some way to stall things long enough to get that RR down...
Another waiting for cores post? :( Although, next post is likely ill get the QFTNW idea, so we'll see.

How is your land tech compared to your neighbors?
Urm...i'm supposed to know this off by heart? Next Ledger Update ill go though the technos.

Did the Papal States just unite Italy?! Che surpriso! I counted them down and out a while ago! I wonder if there's an event where you can form lo stato italiano. That'd be pretty cool...

You should hold on to Africa for dear life! If you gain a core there, you'll be able to use it as a launching point to colonise South America. Also, I reckon suppressing rebels'll cost less resources than an all out war against the Slavs, Germans or whatever savage race decides to next question the glorious English dominion of Scandinavia.
Does Kingdom of God require peace? If not, then Gods kingdom have arrived! I guess Naple's inability to annex them meant that the Papal's would never die. I was never suggesting abandoning Africa.

Keep it all.
Some of the other people wrote an essay on what I should do, you wrote three words! :D I'll try.

Sorry on the lack of updates, ive been heavily distracted with a 1399 italy game and Hearts Of Iron. Update tomorrow, promise!

Post 15 - The March Into Germany
Haha! Sorry, April fools! I know its not April but i couldn't have waited that long with a good gag like that! Anyway, lets see me play EU3!

The Plan
Denmark shall be abandoned! The 9k Hansa defense doesnt seem to be doing anything, other then (as we found out last week) dying. The troops were ordered to walk into the ocean and Hansa was ordered to fight.
EU3_1-12.jpg

Moroccan advancement shall be stalled, and Moroccan advancement shall be stalled. Rebels have taken control of Egypt so an attack from there is unlikely, and nobody wants to move into Egypt until i have full control over Algiers.
EU3_11-7.jpg

The Danish plan worked! Hansa troops moved into southern Dane, but gave up upon the look of the north! The HRE had this problem as well! Whats wrong with northern Denmark?

Sooner or now, Morocco declared war! The battle kicked off and, honestly, it looked like Britain would win, but then the forces of God intervened and we were knocked down to 27 men!
EU3_12-8.jpg

Where was Robert Knowles when you needed him the most! Does anyone still remember him? If not you need to revise, there will be a quiz at the end of this AAR so you better be paying attention!

His Age is Too DAMN High!
The Son of the great Bruces is ill! shouted somone so unimportant they dont need speech marks.
"Send for a medic and a priest to help him, also get a couple pizzas as this will take a while. Oh, and get an ice cream or something for the kid"

He did, eventually, get better. But research into the heir lead scientists to believe, his mind is great and its about time he's the king.
EU3_14-8.jpg

They told Sir Jass about this. Nothing was ever heard of them ever again.

Peace was made between Morocco and Britain! It was the P-Day! Celebrations and Champagne for all! Twelve days later...war again, it was the W-Day. A national recall on all champagne was made.
EU3_17-7.jpg

The #I've lost count#th British war on Morocco
(Which appears to have changed name)

The British marched into Morocco like they have been there before, which they have, 3 times. The armies collided and caused such an awful mess in the capital. Chairs thrown aside, tables overturned and blood in the carpet!
EU3_20-6.jpg

Oh and then there was the siege! Every Moroccan was MEGA unhappy about the mess! They didnt care about fighting any more and just wanted to sandpaper off the blood on the table!
EU3_24-6.jpg

Meanwhile, in Northern Britain
The Smolensk Empire has risen from the ashes like a fish out of water! Kazan will no longer trouble the British Russia.
EU3_28-5.jpg

Meanwhile, in the Capital
New Technologies have enabled the production industry of the country to use slaves! Thus increasing productivity by 1%! Those with eagle eyes, may notice that trade has increased, this is also because of slaves!
EU3_8-9.jpg

With enough trade now in the country to explore, exploring is what the country should do! Merchants have mentioned a nation to the far north, inhabited by little people and where rocks fall from the sky regularly. The country is.....
EU3_34-4.jpg

......well? (Reply to this, get it right, and win a cookie!)

A new fleet was to be constructed, a new army was to be recruited, a hero must be... er...made.
EU3_31-4.jpg

THEND
Picture of the post is Venice, my only friend in the world, dying. Its a black day for Shakespeare enthusiasts across the world.
EU3_23-5.jpg

Also, something posted in Strange Screenshots....[post=12178701]This[/post]

World Map:
EU3_MAP_GBR_1454918_1.jpg

We no change :(

Quizzical? The country is.....
(Or region if you prefer)

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Vijayanagar and spain are just too big to fail... I mean look at it, they've both had huge empires, collapsed and now are getting their huge empires back...

DAT VIJAYANagar! Epic India!
Yes

Impressive Vijayanagar indeed! And the rocks from the sky country, is it Hyperborea?
I googled it, it said it was anything above Thrace, alot of things are north of Thrace. Stop cheating!

I'm starting to think Vijayanagar and spain are just too big to fail... I mean look at it, they've both had huge empires, collapsed and now are getting their huge empires back...
Dont speak too quickly! Its likely that south of france are now Spain's cores so its unlikely they will lose them.

Is the country Greenland?
YES! Cookies for you! "Far north" = well, yea. "Little people" = Inuits. "Rocks fall from sky" = More meteoroids fall on Antartica then any other continent.

Please dont reply to this thread until after i post the update. I refuse to scroll up the massive post! Update in bout 5mins or less.

Post 16 - The Route is Ready
I just realized, i haven't opened with "Salve" for quite a few updates. So, Salve and welcome to Post 16. 16 cookies will be awarded to whoever can tell me what language Salve is and what it means!

"Nows our chance"
Said the less important character.
"What? We can get rid of the heir?" Replied Hugh Jass
"Huh?"
"Nothing."
"Anyway.....Morocco has collapsed, it should be easy to walk into Egypt........"
"Excellent!" Claimed Sir Jass "We shall aim to take Alex by next update!"
EU3_1-13.jpg

I saw three ships.
Loaded with chips.
Sailing towards the Green island.

It was James Fidition.
Lead' the expedition.
EU3_2-15.jpg

Back in Egypt, the province of Libya had been taken from the rebel scum! The originally Moroc province was now taken.
EU3_3-14.jpg

The final Moroccan province was located deep in the Syrian Empire. But, with the capital taken and all other provinces seized, it was a perfect enough time to make peace.
EU3_5-10.jpg

They were vassalised for the hell of it, there was nothing else to demand.

Colonies
After hearing the news that the country was now opting for the New World, people were fleeing to scandinavia. Which was good, because the colony there wont be getting any love, any time soon, or ever.

They reached the coast.
They held a toast.

They boarded the land.
They started their Planneds
Attacked by natives, but, they destroyed all their homes and livelihoods. Colonists were sent as the slaughter continued.
Sailing towards the Green island?
EU3_8-10.jpg

The War for Alexandria
War came between Britian and The Mamluks. One of the 2 border armies attacked the City of Alexandria.
EU3_9-9.jpg

The Mamluks decided to insult us more, they decided to attack our vassal: Morocco. They annexed before you could even say "Am i bothered?"
EU3_10-9.jpg

The first colonist to arrive in Greenland heard the news of The Mamlukian invasion. He got so distracted by it, he accidentally drove the ship into an iceberg.

The city of Alexandria soon fell. Despite the hatred of the Mamluks still strong, they were willing to sign a white peace whilst Alexandria was seized. This may have been partly due to Syria and Mutapa biting on their face.
EU3_13-8.jpg

With the Med now under British control and with Venice gone. England was now dominating the European trade markets, the goal of the Bruce family was now complete.

The Peace
Reinforcements were being built for the second war with Mamluks. Two 12k armies should be big enough to defeat them without much attrition.

Eastern Greenland gets its first settlement. A small village of 200 people.
EU3_16-8.jpg

Even though the war was over, battles were still ongoing. A large army of ten thousand had amassed in the trade center, destroying the army stationed there. But the second army arrived there decimating the rebels.
EU3_17-8.jpg

The 2nd War for Alexandria
Even though the war was back. Life went on without its existence. There was a stalemate throughout Egypt as both sides couldnt make the first move without endangering somewhere else.

It would be allot easier to take Egypt if the enemies of my enemy would step up the game.

Sardinia cores. The first Med territory to do so.

"Whats this? A battle?"
"Yup, Novogorod is attacking again."
EU3_21-7.jpg

"You should know what to do!"
EU3_22-7.jpg

An important battle of the 2nd Mamluk war was the only battle of the war. The Mamluks attempted to retake Alexandria. They failed in doing so only by the other army interfering.
EU3_25-6.jpg

Thend
Picture of the post is this: The answer to the quiz last post. I could of done something strange, but i do that every week!
EU3_26-7.jpg

End world map:
EU3_MAP_GBR_145721_1.jpg

We gain land! So does Byz and so does Vij. I'm sure your going to ask it, so i'll answer now: The darker blue in China is Qin.

The Quiz for today is:
16 cookies will be awarded to whoever can tell me what language Salve is and what it means!
Cookies will not actually be supplied