• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

son of liberty

3%
10 Badges
Oct 3, 2006
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • 500k Club
I am going to do an aar on the latest 1.03 beta version. I cannot decide which nation to play. Any suggestions? I am considering either a 1933 USA, China, or Japan; or a 1936 Germany, USSR or Italy. I might consider Italy in 1933.

Germany seems very well represented, so I won't do that unless it is requested by a majority. 33 Italy may be interesting. Let's wait a little longer. I will probably decide tomorrow.

Maybe a 33 Germany start, but as a Communist Germany instead?
Communist Germany lacks leaders and ministers. Until that gets fixed, I don't plan to even try communist Germany.

2 votes for 33 Germany
2 votes for 33 Italy
1 vote for 36 Italy

1936 Britain but under Oswald Mosley's Fascist regime. Restore the empire under him!

Germany seems very well represented, so I won't do that unless it is requested by a majority. 33 Italy may be interesting. Let's wait a little longer. I will probably decide tomorrow.

They were many changes introduced since 1.02, especially with the AI

I know from another thread that AC wants to see Italy done, so barring a rush of new votes, it looks like 33 Italy.

They were many changes introduced since 1.02, especially with the AI
Ok, but since I would be playing Germany in your scenario, how would the people see those changes? Do you know when commie Germany's officer corps will get expanded? Right now it has only a handful of mj generals.

Ok, the majority of votes are for 33 Italy. That will be the game. Just gotta get the devs to fix a bug real quick. Ran a quick test game to see what problems might crop up. Had a doozy come up and hopefully Martin or AC can fix it real quick then I will start for real.