• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I am realy worried that even after 3 expansions HOI III airforce and navy in strategic operations will be commanded by ground army generals.
I am beging Paradox to at least try to solve this issue to give us a chain of command with airforce and navy HQ-s for strategic utilisation of airforce and navy,like strategic bombardment, fight for air-superiority(example BATTLE FOR BRITAIN),submarine warfare,naval fleets operations..

+1

This would be excellent.

Just happy about being able to coordinate movements with my allies. :D

Hi Podcat, will there be a price to pay for promoting and demoting generals? For example the skill level could be reduced by one in each case.
Or at least there could be some temporary penalty so that promoting and demoting feels less generic.

Hi Podcat, will there be a price to pay for promoting and demoting generals? For example the skill level could be reduced by one in each case.
Or at least there could be some temporary penalty so that promoting and demoting feels less generic.

to be fair, it shouldn't make a difference. why would transferring someone make them loose their experience? presumably that's why they are being transferred, to make use of their experience? the nerf on promotion is that they gain experience slower than they used to in the higher chains of command

to be fair, it shouldn't make a difference. why would transferring someone make them loose their experience? presumably that's why they are being transferred, to make use of their experience? the nerf on promotion is that they gain experience slower than they used to in the higher chains of command

Somebody who is a good division leader might not be a good leader for a whole army group. Even if he has all the talent
for this he might need some time to get used to the new job. And a field marshall who gets demoted to a major general is totally unheared of.

Note that I am not saying the demoting should be forbidden because it is totally unrealistic. I am just saying that promoting
and demoting should come with a small penalty so that the player feels he is taking a real decision.
Totally scrambling your generals repeatedly multiple times a month is surely something even a dictator could not afford.

I think the new battle plans should be combined with the ai objective markers that you can place in provinces. It would be sweet if you could create a grand plan, see it on the map, and your ai faction members would use it.

I think the new battle plans should be combined with the ai objective markers that you can place in provinces. It would be sweet if you could create a grand plan, see it on the map, and your ai faction members would use it.

You can already define an arrow of attack for the AI. As far as I know it does not work particularly well.
I think it is better to wish for some down to earth features and not for some complicated stuff which nevers works.
I think it is the AI itself which needs improvement not the way to interact with it. This is already good enough
considering the relatively poor outcome.

The option to deactivate brigade types.
As in a modding command:
we have now activate_unit = *** I would also like the command deactivate_unit. ;)

You can already define an arrow of attack for the AI. As far as I know it does not work particularly well.
I think it is better to wish for some down to earth features and not for some complicated stuff which nevers works.
I think it is the AI itself which needs improvement not the way to interact with it. This is already good enough
considering the relatively poor outcome.

But it is already in the game AND works!
The "only" new part would be, that you could see all the allied objectives and the Theatre ai objectives for you own theatres on a new map mode.
And would be also able to share that with your mates(allies) in MP.
So not that much of "new fancy stuff". "Just" more how to handle the already existing great features.
It would make setting ai-targets much more easily, you don't have to check each prov if there is an AO or TO set.. Just look at the new map mode and be able to set here the two different options(Own forces/allied forces target).
The nice arrows would make that then look really cool..

I hope that my decription makes it more clear in wich direction I aim.

Cheers!
Chromos

PS: If then is time left, they could boost it later with setting ai-targets for air/sea combine it with the fronts/stances setting..

As Their Finest Hour is focussed on strategic warfare, it would make a significant difference to the naval side of strategic warfare if waypoints could be added to manually setup convoy routes. A waypoint would enable a player to setup convoy routes away from choke points, eg routing convoys through a waypoint around the Cape of Good Hope and onto Egypt or India to stop the AI routing them through the Mediterranean.

right now yes

**drool**

man, I'm going to have to update my tutorial faster or it will be obsolete before its finished!

sounds hugely interesting. probably will need some patches, but in the end,...really cool!

I noticed in the screenshot that Bessarbia is occupied rather than owned by the USSR. Does that mean you can now occupy provinces while at peace? That would make the Chinese Civil War work in a much more realistic way if true.

I noticed in the screenshot that Bessarbia is occupied rather than owned by the USSR. Does that mean you can now occupy provinces while at peace? That would make the Chinese Civil War work in a much more realistic way if true.
I noticed that, too, but it is probably a 1941 scenario start, so it may be scenario specific. Status of Vichy provinces was also different in older versions of the game, depending on the scenario you picked.

Still, it would be good if the devs gave us a clarification.

please

bring some love to minors this time, like Siam, Argentina, Brazil, Yugoslavia, South Africa, Mexico...

for love I mean, more events, decision, a proper AI, proper units...

yes i agree with Nigo!

by the way there are huge innacuracies(sp?) with brazil, São Paulo is on the coast, there is no bay of guanabara, belo horizonte seems to be hugely misplaced, forest covers all of the northeast while it shoudnt, and the scale of the map seems to be wrong as well.

Didn't have time to read all the comments, so please forgive if this has already been covered.

1. It is my hope that the "planning mode" will be impacted by player vs AI encrypt/decrypt level differences in that if the AI gets above the player, then the AI gets a chance to snag a copy of the battle plans. This would help the AI vary up its own to whatever degree is progammingly worth doing. Edited to add: Having the intel/spy part of the game involved in such as this would also give a new headache to the officer point min/maxers. Less tech stuff gets rushed because more has to be spent on spy stuff so more potential for the AI nations to be able to put up a fight because they're not 4 years behind in relevant techs, for example.

Even if it's not really do-able for the AI, in multiplayer, it would be an added layer of fun if players had to actually put real effort into their own security and encryption/decryption while attempting to penetrate their opponents' security and elint. This could also give players the opportunity to spoof each other, as in laying false plans to get snagged up by their opponents, while keeping their own plans so super duper secret that they cant even tell themselves, sorta thing.

And a field marshall who gets demoted to a major general is totally unheared of.

Grigory Kulik, marshal of the soviet union was demoted in 1942 to the rank of major general...

Also Werner von Fritsch who was commander in chief of the german Army in 1935 and colonel general (Generaloberst) in 1936 was later demoted after a conspiracy against him. He died visiting his artillery regiment (he was his honorary colonel) in Poland in september 1939.