• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Found this AAR a couple a days ago and read all of it. I must say you did a good job in beating back the Communists.

Thanks for supporting the AAR.

I am aware updates have stopped for a few weeks now, University and a female are occupying some of my time just now but i aim to resume regular service soon and step up updates during my long Christmas holiday.

Cede To Succeed?

Our great advances from our European holdings into the heart of Russia has been astounding, no doubt, however our ability to hold other regions is clearly limited and despite our success against the Soviets we shall have to be conscious of our losses in other areas.

Yes, we shall cede territory in order to focus our might on the Soviets...in order to succeed...however we will not allow the British Empire and Allied territory to crumble in a desperate bid to finally defeat the Soviets and bring the Commintern to its knees.

This has been symbolized by the numerous assaults on Hong Kong by Japanese forces. We have been able to consistently repel these invasion since the conflict began, recently however, Hong Kong was assaulted by a large Japanese invasion force.

Facing inevitable defeat in the face, with no hope of reinforcement or relief, our men fought bravely 'till the end against a numerically superior foe. Hong Kong is lost.

The Battle Rages in Hong Kong

On another front, Persia, fortune favoured our enemies again. This front is seemingly...for want of a better word...pointless. Tehran is held under a huge Soviet garrison and despite numerous attempts, British and Iraqi forces cannot prize the capital from the red fist and we are now determined not to waste further resources on failed assaults. Instead we shall await the arrival of the huge French army coming in from the west while holding the rest of the Persian nation against further Soviet advances.

There may be benefit to this, as the Soviets seem determined to hold Persia with a large force despite our armies in the north creeping ever closer to Moscow. We are prepared to wait.

Tehran Remains Under Soviet Control

The Contrast: Our Further Success in the North

Our losses in other fronts are in stark contrast to the continuing Soviet collapse in the heart of their own nation. We are advancing ever closer to Moscow and are pushing back, and capturing, Soviet forces all along the front. As usual our advance is steady and sure, we cannot afford our lines to be broken.

Bryansk is Soon to Fall - British Troops Advance Further

After a Long Battle, Svoboda Falls and Vyazma Falls With It- The Soviets are Crumbling?

Gul is back - WOOT!!​
Holy crap you updated. Your only mission in Persia is to hold on and wait for your forces up north to strike a death blow.
I agree - Go for Moscow!! :cool:

Holy crap you updated. Your only mission in Persia is to hold on and wait for your forces up north to strike a death blow.

That or wait for the French to steamroll the Soviets in Persia. Which would be really good!

Gul is back - WOOT!!

Huzzah!!! :D

Moscow could be a bloody struggle our forces shouldn't experience, I say try to encircle it in order to force Soviet High command to withdraw forces and then simply march to Red Square.

We shall see how the front goes, i recently played a german game to warm me back up for this and it progressed exactly how i would like this to go. Encircle both Lenningrad and Moscow before moving in for the kill. Although if the Soviets leave either badly undefended then i will pounce!

Thanks for the patience all, what with my vanishing recently. I even missed the forum update recently, having to get used to that too. I will try and update soon.

Thanks for reading.

I do hope no important part of your plan relies on the French AI doing much, that way lies ruin! :eek:

Despite that I think de-emphasising Persia is a sound strategic decision, the Soviets will be defeated on the European Front, everything else is pretty much a sideshow.

I do hope no important part of your plan relies on the French AI doing much, that way lies ruin! :eek:

Despite that I think de-emphasising Persia is a sound strategic decision, the Soviets will be defeated on the European Front, everything else is pretty much a sideshow.

I was hoping the French aggression would continue from Yugoslavia and continue on into Persia, especially seeing as they are sending a huge force to the area. Im hoping they dont arrive and do nothing.

I would like to get the Persian front back to the way it was with Persia free of Soviet troops and controlling Baku. Either way as you say, it is holding up a large Soviet force and stopping them going north.

when do we see the next update?

I am actually desperate to update this, i hate leaving it for so long. I have just been very busy recently, with University and other stuff getting in my way. I will try and have an update or two ready by midweek, that sounds to be the most realistic time that i can update.

The lack of progress recently is annoying as i really enjoy writing this!

Lets Go Forward...Or Backward...Together​

Command is worried. In that meetings room i have experienced a geater range of human emotions than i have ever seen in any opera house or play theatre. The shocked horror when this horrid war was declared, the relief as our forces successfully held the coast of Germany to the exultant joy that was felt when news of German annexation came through to us.

Now it is different, none of these accurarately detail the unspoken feelings felt by those in command of the British forces. On the surface things seem confident, even upbeat...but below this bravado lies a deep concern as to the future of our forces on the Soviet front, despite our frankly startling victories against the Soviets, regardless of the new plans being laid out and discussions of future offensives filling the air, there is one pervasive thought deep in the mind of everyone.

Exactly how long can we manage to sustain such a campaign?

Yes we have the Soviets rocked
Yes we are still making advances along the front
Yes Moscow is mere miles away

However the flipside of this, the true scale of this, is that Britain is outnumbered 3 to 1 [atleast] and as we advance deeper into the Soviet Union, the sheer mass of provinces will continue to spread our forces thinner and thinner. Coupled with the fact we are struggling to destroy Soviet divisions and that invasions of the great Russian cities [Moscow, Lenningrad abd Stalingrad] will result in vast casualties on our side and one is forced to consider the possibility that with the more success we have, the closer to collapse our campaign comes.

We can not retreat, lest we cede all we have fought so hard to take.
And soon we may be unable to advance for fear of our armies imploding.

Perhaps the solution lies with making this more of an Allied front and less of a British one.....

Hong Kong

Perhaps our foretelling of our forces demise in Hong Kong was slightly premature, as we recently recieved the startling news that our forces had managed to repel a seemingly unstoppable Japanese attack.

British Forces Repel a Japanese Invasion of Hong Kong

Celebrations were short lived as hours later we recieved word that the Japanese had launched another assault on Hong Kong and once again the situation looks very bleak. Even if this one is repelled, the Japanese are making their intentions clear- they want Hong Kong.

Hong Kong- Again Under Attack From Japanese Forces With no Hope of Relief

The Soviet Front

In the Soviet front we achieved two notable moments of success, firstly our assault of Novorzhev was successful and we successfully occuppied the province.

Novorzhev Falls and is Soon Occupied

Our second success came in Bryansk, where we were victorious in occupying the province and then defending it against a large Soviet assault.

British Forces Arrive in Bryansk

The Soviet Assault is Repelled

I should be able to add a further update on wednesday [or thursday at the latest]. I have more screenshots standing by for those updaes already, i will try harder to resume and maintain regular updating of this AAR [which i greatly enjoy].

An outstanding performance by the Hong Kong garrison, I do wonder how long they can keep it up for though. Still they'll be heroes of the Empire by the end of it I have no doubt. :D

Good to see this back :)

El Pip said:
An outstanding performance by the Hong Kong garrison, I do wonder how long they can keep it up for though. Still they'll be heroes of the Empire by the end of it I have no doubt. :D

It really is some performance, i was expecting their doom to be announced swiftly after. The downside though is that they have no hope of aid...the sad fac is they may just become ill fated heroes.

Again i must apologize for the vast delay in updates appearing. I have been busy with other things recently and it has resulted in me neglecting the AAR completely.

If it is any consolation, i have little knowledge of Hoi3 either due to my absence :eek:

The AAR will continue, and i will finish it. I love this AAR, and i think some of the kind words spoken for the AAR are great and ensure i couldnt leave it unfinished!

I shall update soon.