• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I will be back for it dont you worry :)

Oh, this is going to be more exciting than I thought :D

Because if you don't :mad: :mad: :(

Yep, i too will be angry then sad . Damn them and their sneaky tricks.

Oh, this is going to be more exciting than I thought :D

This AAR isnt already a ten on the excitement scale!? :p

PLENTY of twists and turns left im sure.....

Retaliation​

We have regrouped and reorganized and then, sick of seeing the Communists lay waste to our hard work, launched a large scale offensive along the front much to the surprise of the Communists. The result so far is a good one, we have reclaimed many lost lands and the Communists seem swayed by our swift blow to their landing.

It wasnt all rosy though, the Germans and Soviets continued to launch their attacks against us and some of them were a success, their numerical superiority combined with the excellent leadership of the German Generals is something we cannot match. Regardless we pushed on and we seem to be recovering from our long string of defeats. The weeks up to this hopeful turning point havent been easy...infact...they have been a nightmare and a stern warning of the daunting task that faces us every day.
Victory will not come easily.

Impending Victory and Defeat in the Couldron of Germany

Rostock is Lost Along With our Victory in Wolfsburg

The abandonment of Leipzig was a bad idea, we felt we could sacrifice the city in exchange for using her garrison in attacks on the German landing to the north however upon the loss of Rostock and seeing a Soviet tank division descending on Leipzig it was decided the city had to be held at all costs or risk being encircled. Also in a vital victory for us we recaptured Kiel thanks to the aid of General Montgomery, this was one coastal province back in Allied hands!

A key Victory in Kiel

The benefits of removing the vastly experienced General O'Connor from Leipzig and sending him north were shown when he helped our armies to victory in Hamburg. This was a key victory as the occupation forces in Hamburg would be able to team with Montgomery in Kiel and hopefuly help surround the massive army in Lubeck.

Perhaps seeing they were losing their grip in the north the Germans began withdrawing some troops through the hole in Rostock although clearly not all.

Hamburg Falls, Next Stop Lubeck?

It is obvious that to gain any kind of benefit from this infuriating landing in the north we would have to destroy or capture some German or Soviet divisions in order to put some kind of dent in their massive numbers. It was known that the Germans had over fifteen divisions in that pocket and in order to capture or destroy them their escape route would have to be closed...we would have to reclaim Rostock.

This would be easier said than done, the Soviets had moved in troops to reinforce the German ones stationed there and we were unsure if the Germans were retreating some troops from Lubeck in order to defend Rostock, either way we knew we had to capture it and thus launched our attack.

We decided to leave six divisions in Magdeburg and send General Loyd, this was a very tough decision but we felt he would stand a better chance of holding Rostock and that our two Lt. Generals in Magdeburg could hold off any attacks there.

Rostock is ours Once More!

It was now all down to General O'Connor leading our troops into Lubeck and emerging victorious.....

HA! Take that Commie Nazi swine!

noobermenschen said:
HA! Take that Commie Nazi swine!

Indeed :D i hope i can keep it up!

Screaming-Eagle said:
Nice AAR, too bad it seems many of its fans don't post anymore :(.
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the encouragement, the AAR still gets many views im sure people are enjoying it. Im certainley enjoying writing it :)

Also i have had a few abscences, although there are a hardy band who always post and follow the story.

Im going to work on my Chapter list in the first post to make it easier for you all to follow the story [or reread your favourite parts!]

Kiel is back in English hands, wonderfull. Denmarks future looks brighter

Hey British hands! Im a Scot Snake IV :cool:

Definently, its good to see Denmark has less pressure on her, if i can push the Germans out of Copenhagen Denmark and Norway should hopefully be secure. Im a little worried about them joining the axis though :eek:

Hopefully just me being daft though.

Thanks guys, i will try and update soon along with updating the chapter list :)

The Lubeck Landing

General O'Connor has recaptured Lubeck! In one of the most crucial battles of the campaign in Germany we managed to defeat the German defenders and along with our victory in Rostock it seems that we may be back on track in Germany.

We do now have some serious thinking to do about our next steps, Montgomery is still in Germany, Copenhagen is still occupied and we are still badly outnumbered by the Soviet forces. The plan is still to send montgomery to Italy, there are six divisions in the south the have stopped any hopes of us advancing in the North. Our divisions based in Italy have been frozen still in an ultimately silent front and we still feel it is crucial for us to capture Italy and link with our brave Yugoslavian Allies.

The Luftwaffe, while not as deadly as it was at the start of this Epic war is still causing us problems and our airforce was decimated with the capture of Kiel and so we will have to hold on until our new Aircraft are constructed back in Britain.

Lubeck is About to be Retaken

Once we have occupied Rostock and Lubeck and are satisfied that they are secure we will launch an attack on Copenhagen to capture the divisions there however we will NOT march into Copenhagen as we are not Allied and we will assume the Danes will retake their capital themselves and this will allow us to send our submarine fleets through the strait so we can hopefully sink any attempt from the Communists at another ambitious landing.