• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
AOK. 11 said:
You mean this AAR was not allready an 11 on the ULTIMATE scale?

Anyway, great update.

By the way, are you building any new warships for the RN?

Oh excuse me.

By the way, are you building any new ULTIMATE warships for the RN?

:)

Im very glad you are enjoying it.

This is not Ultimate yet...things are about to get much...much worse.

I am considering building a few ships for the navy-- IC is a bit stretched right now though.

Gul Brown said:
I am considering building a few ships for the navy-- IC is a bit stretched right now though.

Don't you mean you are ultimately considering building some ultimate ships for an ultimate navy, but your ultimate IC is ultimately stretched right now? Ultimately? :D

Yoy21 said:
Don't you mean you are ultimately considering building some ultimate ships for an ultimate navy, but your ultimate IC is ultimately stretched right now? :D

:rofl:

I admit it..i love what this has started...you guys are making me laugh! :p

And who knows...there may be an update soon....

Oh sorry i meant
there may be an ULTIMATE update soon

A Great war

This month started well for Britian. France, our valuable ally gave us useful technology including Improved machine tools,this again is further evidence as to why France must be protected. Our other valued allies Canada and Australia accepted trade agreements of supplies in exchange for much needed money. In light of the power of alliances and possibility of future wars we feel it is a wise decision to add to our numbers. While naturally Belgium and the Netherlands are most wanted to join the allies, in case of war, they most likely would join us anyway so we have turned our attention to three more.....unexpected countries as possible allies. These nations are
*Persia -- Their strategic position would be invaluable to us, they could aid in an asian war by defending both Iraq and India [possibly even aiding France in North Africa along with our own "puppets"] and most importantly, are in a unique position to cause problems for the soviet union by probing their undefended underbelly. Also Persia has plentiful oil reserves which while Britian herself has vast supplies of oil, our other allies need this valuable resource thus with the allies able to feed Persian needs and they able to fulfill ours, an alliance seems a worthy goal to achieve.Due to our increased income we are commencing with our influencing or Persia towards our outlook.

*Mexico-- An alliance with mexico would be invaluable, Canada is [besides France] our most valuable ally [3rd being Australia] and we cannot rule out the frightening possibility that the Fascists in the USA and Japan may end up at war with us, the consequences being a very bloody land war between Canada and the USA. Mexican relations are high already, and we can only assume they feel uncomfortable having such a powerful fascist neighbour on their doorstep. It is obvious that a two front war would cause the USA problems.

*Colombia [ possibly also venezuela] would increase Allied reach into southern America and put pressure on Fascist Argentina and Communist Brazil-- they would become much more aware of our prescence and may feel slightly less confident of their ability ot go unnoticed by the Allies.

On a sidenote, it may be of interest to note that Fascist America approached us for Oil, they offered 231.2 Energy for 127.3 Oil which ofcourse we rejected. It may be of Strategic value to note they desire a large ammount of oil.

That However was only the start of what felt like a good month that was like any other.
How terribly, terribly wrong we were....

To our own, and to the worlds shock the Asian front got much more interesting.

Yunnan Joins the Axis!

A short while later, it happened, an event that shall never be forgotten, an event that shall be written on the minds of all who survive and live to tell of it....of all who heard and wtinessed the beggining of another..Great War

A new Great War has begun

Definently not a good time to be Chinese, regardless of political outlook--who will survive!?

Argentina and Brazil struggle to become the dominant nation of South America-but will Argentine connections to the axis sway the war in their favour?

War has now reached Europe, the Axis and the Commintern are at war!
What will hapen next? The allies are the only major alliance not in the war, will they be sucked in? or will the allies fall to the victors of the current conflict....

And so it begins... :eek:

Looking forward to next update!

Interesting setup!

However until the allies enter the war, the comintern will probably totally rape Italy. And Japan. I doubt the red army will have a hard time overrunning Manchuria, and then grinding its way through China.

Will be interesting to see whether the US will send troops to help Italy and Japan.

Obviously he means that this is not yet the ULTIMATE war as of yet.

Yes, I think I know what that means. It means that ULTIMATELY the ULTIMATE will have to ULTIMATELY involve ULTIMATE alien invaders!

Who will survive to see the ULTIMATE WAR!!1!#@@$#

Anyway, great update.

AOK. 11 said:
Obviously he means that this is not yet the ULTIMATE war as of yet.

Yes, I think I know what that means. It means that ULTIMATELY the ULTIMATE will have to ULTIMATELY involve ULTIMATE alien invaders!

Who will survive to see the ULTIMATE WAR!!1!#@@$#

Anyway, great update.

:p thanks
I did mean the Ultimate war has not begun yet because not everyone is at war.
Yet.

lifeless said:
yay the fun beginth! :D

I have to admit.....im actually really looking forward to what might happen-- i havent done anything like this before and i havent been Britain before [as i said earlier] but the possibilities of what may happen is making me excited.

Gul Brown said:
I have to admit.....im actually really looking forward to what might happen-- i havent done anything like this before and i havent been Britain before [as i said earlier] but the possibilities of what may happen is making me excited.

Dude, you have to protect a tiny island from a big red bear who hates democracy and an industrial country that is very pissed off at Your Treaty of Versailles. AKA, you should be afreaid... not excited, but afraid.

Yoy21 said:
Dude, you have to protect a tiny island from a big red bear who hates democracy and an industrial country that is very pissed off at Your Treaty of Versailles. AKA, you should be afreaid... not excited, but afraid.

:D

Hell no, they want a fight i will give em one!
Although i expect it to be rather tough :rolleyes:

I will TRY and make an update soon but i have exams for the next fortnight. Regardless if i manage an update or not after the exams you are guaranteed this AAR will continue and i wont stop until it is complete.
Your probably will get an update in a few days though just to keep you hooked :)

therev said:
I'm certainly hooked - and a few days have ome and gone!

Update please.....

Im very glad you are enjoying it!
I understand it has been a while since i updated and this is the second time this AAR has faced a delay. I will try and update it very soon, and i will resume the AAR fully [you will recieve frequent updates] once my exams finish, i have one on wednesday, friday and the 27th . I will try and update today though, to keep my loyal readers still hungry for....

The Ultimate War

strategic questions

Now that the axis and comintern are at war there are several important questions you need to answer.
Firstly what does your economy require?
Currently you are selling supplies for money, this is draining your IC. I would reccomend selling some of your stockpiles of energy or rares that you have alot of, this will mean that you wont have to use IC to make supplies to sell to canada and instead you can produce consumer goods to lower dissent or simply produce militry units because i am guessing that you are falling quite far behind.

Secondly what other allies do you need?
I would suggest you need more european countries e.g. turkey, Greece, Serbia, Sweeden, Finland and portugal. If you dont get these countries you wont have enough troops in europe to defeat the soviet union or even defend france. Also remember that belgium and the netherlands will bring their respective colonies with them (the belgium congo and the dutch east indies).
Imagine the damage you can do to the soviet union with the scandinavian countries attacking their flank.

Lastly, when are you going to enter the war?
You cant let one of your enemies get too strong at the expense of the other or you will have too much to conquer later and they will have so much IC and manpower coming in that you wont have a chance anyway. Watch out for nationalist spain, you dont want france to be attacked from three sides (germany, Italy and Spain). When you are at war with the axis make sure you eliminate Italy as fast as possible because then you will have the med all to yourself. Also if i were you i would dow nationalist spain as quickly as possible (before they join the axis and take gibraltar from you). They will be easy to defeat when on their own and they can give you well needed troops in europe plus it will protect fance's flank.

Currently you are probably the weakest of the alliances with less IC and manpower than the other two plus you have more territory to defend. However if you can gather together the other european neutrals you and your puppets can supply them with material and technology and they can give you manpower in the form of infantry divisions based in europe. As it is the comintern will probably be able to overun you in france no matter how well defended the magniot line is.

I like the first part of your post. As i said i havent went Britain before and is one of the reasons im enjoying this-- im handicapped and blindfolded ;)
I have been thinking of moving off supplies i just wanted some quick cash and then never changed it. I do need alot of allies which is why im considering hording money.
Im interested to see how the French front will go, Germany will cause big problems however i dont expect much from the Soviets until they are finished in Asia. My entry into the war is a hard one too.....im just not sure the stronger the Commintern become the closer to impossible it will be to loosen their grip on Europe. Again scandinavia is already in my plans, however i would jump at the opportunity to make Norway my own for a british european base. As of now im not strong enough to face the commintern and neither is France, i want to buy myself time in order to build up an army.
The Ultimate War is an interesting way to challenge a Hoi veteran however im rather :eek:o i didnt think of your economic ideas.

more info on nationalist spain requested

Do you have any more info on nationalist spain?
What are the relations between them and the US?
Could you invade them without the axis declaring war on you?
It would be a gamble but in the medium term it will protect france and it gives your alliance another 40 - 50 IC and it gives you air bases for attacking into the atlantic. You were probably right not to let the republicans win because they would probably end up joining the comintern but you cant afford them to slip into the axis, what are the odds of a coup?

in the next update [comiong tomorrow as its my second last exam tomorrow and the last one isnt until the 27th] i will let you see Spain for yourself. I dont think i can declare war on them though, i dont think their belligerence is high enough .