• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mine was missing, too (both in the demo and in the "real" game).

You can right click on the game-icon and select "choose new icon". Then you have to navigate to your install folder and select the exe and voilá now you have an image on your game-icon.
(The wording can be a bit off; I am more familiar with the German names for the Windows elements)

You can right click on the game-icon and select "choose new icon". Then you have to navigate to your install folder and select the exe and voilá now you have an image on your game-icon.
(The wording can be a bit off; I am more familiar with the German names for the Windows elements)
Thanks, I had this issue as well.

Hi all - my first post.
Is this missing icon fault going to be remedied? Seems such a small thing to do - so why hasn't it been fixed by Paradox?
VERY disappointed!

I dont know what's the contract between Valve and Paradox. But if I had to draft such contract, I would definitely let Valve being responsible and maintainer of such things. This is really not part of the game but totally part of the game distribution.

Thanks worked like a charm. :D

Thank you Jon

I had the same issue, and you gave me the answer.

Dank, Gracias, Merci, спасибо, ...

I also have this problem. Compounding the problem is that I don't know where Steam hid the installed files on my computer, so I can't find the .exe to add the icon.
See the sticky "file locations" thread in Tech Support forum.

Don't mean to necro this by a month, but to solve peoples issues with their icons alls you need to do is go to

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam and find the icon that your missing a picture for, for me there are several that i'm fixing now. When you fix it there all linked shortcuts [which should be all] will be fixed to the correct image.