• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm eager to see the Fallschirmjäger Division in action.
Good to see that you have secured the Westwall.

The transport fleet move to Amsterdam is interesting too. Is Sea Lion in the air? He wouldn't have to move the fleet for the Norway or Swedish invasion.
Things are looking up.

Sealion would be daring to say the least. The British have troops on the continent and from experience, we know that they keep a few units back home. I doubt the Wehrmacht will be able to mount Sealion now or even right after the Fall of France. The RN and RAF would simply tear the fleets apart.

I'm eager to see the Fallschirmjäger Division in action.
Good to see that you have secured the Westwall.

The transport fleet move to Amsterdam is interesting too. Is Sea Lion in the air? He wouldn't have to move the fleet for the Norway or Swedish invasion.
Things are looking up.

Sealion would be daring to say the least. The British have troops on the continent and from experience, we know that they keep a few units back home. I doubt the Wehrmacht will be able to mount Sealion now or even right after the Fall of France. The RN and RAF would simply tear the fleets apart.

Forster, it was 1st TruppentransporterLUFTflotte that moved to Amsterdam (where the 1st Fallschirmjager Division was deployed recently). Sea Lion is definitely not in the air - every unit I have is needed for France. And after that I want Gibraltar and the Balkans. And by then I will need to worry aboutthe expiry of the MR Pact.

Things are looking up.

Forster: apologies. I have just noticed that in the last update I said I moved the 1st Truppentransporterluftflotte to Amsterdam. I should have said Antwerp (which is where the Fallschirmjagers are).

If I had got it right, you would not have made the mistake.

I'll fix it up, so don't think you are going mad if you go to check.

No no, no problem at all. After 20 years in the military I still have problems telling airplanes from ships. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallocain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaxImperator
Is it known yet if 1.3 save files will be compatible with the 1.4 game?

Those that I have tested have been compatible, but it is not a thing we can guarantee.

I don't know where this came from originally, but I saw it this morning. (In the thread titled "Old Games in 1.4")

But maybe my saves will be compatible. Worth a shot anyway - when 1.4 final comes out I will load up a save and run as a small, neutral minor for a few years and see if i get a disaster. Could save me a fair bit of work.

Last edited:
Rank and File
A Clerk’s War​

20th September to 23rd September 1939

The Royal Air Force is back in action, perhaps because the Allied leaders suspect that the crucial period of the Battle for France is near. 6th Taktischeluftflotte was caught just after it took off from the newly repaired Lille airbase. Steele’s three interceptor groups were too much for Dorstling’s single “Gustav” geschwader, and Dorstling ordered both his Heinkels and Messerschmitts to abort their mission and return to base. Most of the damage was suffered by the fighters, but some bombers were also lost. According to the report from the commander of the airbase, our planes didn’t have a chance. The report states that if the Luftwaffe cannot provide air cover, he cannot ensure that the round-the-clock bombing schedule can be maintained. I am not sure whether it was caused by this attack, but it was noticeable that the Luftwaffe carried out few bombing missions on the 20th, despite the wave of attacks on the ground.

airlillefinal.jpg

Air Battle of Lille

And there was a surge along the whole front. No less than four separate battles started simultaneously (right on 4PM) as from Amiens to Dorman our divisions moved forward, pushing towards Paris.

In Amiens, von Amann’s 17.Infanterie clashed with de Boussu-Walcourt’s 3eme Division. The 3eme has taken severe losses and is down to less than 5.500 men, and more importantly its integrity has been critically reduced, to the point that von Amman doubts that it will last a day of combat. One province to the south-east, in Noyon, Curtze has a Panzer division (4th Leichte) and a motorised (20.Infanterie) with which to handle General Slim’s 55th and 56th Brigades. Although the 56th Brigade is in a chaotic condition, it has only lost a few men, and the 55th is in good condition. Slim’s reputation alone would give most generals pause, but Curtze believes he has a better than average chance of victory. In fact, his initial report promises victory, but doesn’t give a date.

amiensfinal.jpg

Battle of Amiens

noyonfinal.jpg

Battle of Noyon

His neighbour, General Engelbrecht, had no such hesitation. With his Gebirgsjagers back to nearly full strength, he anticipates no problems in clearing Hutton’s 14th Mountain Brigade out of Soissons. To be honest, nobody here gives General Hutton a chance of holding on. Although he has nearly 6,000 men and the area has heavy forest cover, his men are tired after several forced marches and Engelbrecht is an experienced campaigner who will take advantage of any weakness.

soissonsfinal.jpg

Battle of Soissons

The final battle in the series should be a walkover for von Kressenstein. The only soldiers in Dormans are headquarters troops from 1ere Armee, commanded by the French General Georges. Georges is held to be an expert in defensive battles, but he still needs decent troops to fight, and he has only makeshift infantrymen. 30.Infanterie is a veteran fighting unit, and should soon have the clerks and staff officers on the run.

dormansfinal.jpg

Battle of Dormans

I assume the action continued through the night, but I went home. I must be getting blasé, but the thought of sitting in my office waiting to hear the snippets of information from the radio and telegraph room was not as attractive as it was three months ago. It is extremely unlikely that our attacks will achieve a stunning success at night: not when we can’t see what we are fighting. The battle will continue, but not much will happen until dawn.

As expected, the next day I had nothing significant on my desk, though I did notice a report that the Armee de l’Air had sent Valin back to bomb Neufchateau. He is back to just one Groupe de Bombardement, but our analysts are unsure whether this reflects a change of tactics by the French, or if his other two units were badly damaged by our fighters several days ago.

At 10AM von Amman’s prediction came true: the 3eme Division lasted less than a day, in fact only 16 hours, and that included all the hours of darkness. We lost only 37 men, de Boussu-Walcourt lost 118.

Shortly afterwards we were taken by surprise. We had been concentrating so much on Fall Zentrum and watching the blocks fall into place that we had forgotten that our enemy was real and had its own plans. Though this particular action could not have been expected, and perhaps reflects the last hopes of the Belgian Army. Van Voorst tot Voorst is leading his 7e Division to try and recapture a piece of Belgium, the province of Arlon. Given that General Blaskowitz has a panzer division and three infantry divisions, all in good condition, this must be seen as a final fling. No French or British units are involved, which may be an indication that they see Belgium as lost for good.

arlonfinal.jpg

Battle of Arlon

On the 21st Valin again hit Neufchateau, but on the 22nd he switched targets to Cambrai. His attacks were not too damaging, mainly due to the small number of bombers, each of which appear to be far less effective than ours. We don’t know if this is due to the bomber design or bombing techniques, but everyone is grateful nevertheless. Despite the lack of significant damage, he was able to carry out his missions unchallenged for three days now, and tension between the Heer and the Luftwaffe started to rise to uncomfortable levels.

breguet69501final.jpg

A Bruguet 695 bomber over Cambrai: these light bombers have a bombload of less than 500kg which reduces their effectiveness.

Two other battles that started on 20th September all came to a conclusion on 22nd. First was Dormans, and the result once again showed the futility of unsupported headquarters troops attempting to resist a combat division. Von Kressenstein’s report mentioned only three men dead or missing, and he claimed to have inflicted at least 195 on the 1ere Armee headquarters contingent.

Several hours later Soissons was ours, Hutton’s unfortunate mountain troops continuing their forced flight south. They fought well, considering the poor condition they were in, but after losing 235 men they had had enough. Engelbrecht admitted to losing 154 men, and acknowledged that the British were a far tougher foe than he had expected.

The final win for the day was a crushing defeat for the remnants of the Belgian Army. 7e Division lost 855 men in its brief and pointless assault, while our units lost a total of 35 men. Is this the last we will see of the Belgians?

belgprisflag.jpg

A now familiar sight as the Belgian Army disintegrates: our officers accept the surrender of another group of defeated soldiers.​

General Eicke must have caught the advancing habit from Ruoff. He had barely secured Calais when his men were on the march again, into Berck. The French General Gain must wonder what is happening –he is never gets a moment to try and re-organise his 19eme Division. Eicke confidently predicts that Gain will be retreating within 48 hours. With his track record to date, I can quite believe it.

My comment the other day of nothing ever happening at night was soon proved wrong. The morning of the 23rd there was a detectable quietness over the Reichskanzlei. It didn’t take me long to ferret out the reason – our string of victories has been broken. Geyr von Schweppenburgs’s valiant effort to take Montmedy has been called off. From what I heard, he managed to disengage his men in the middle of the night and silently withdraw back across the Belgain border to Neufchateau. I realise that to successfully withdraw from a lost battle is a tremendously skilful manoeuvre, and that the General has saved 2nd Leichte Panzer Division from a mauling, but he has lost more than 10% of his force (1202 from 9996). The French losses were heavy but manageable: 610. No wonder there were sombre faces around that morning – could this be the end of a promising career? Von Schweppenburg has been mentioned as a rising star, but casualties of that order (and a defeat) usually spell demotion at the best. Later that day, however, I saw a high level telegram from the Army of the Ardennes to von Schweppenburg’s headquarters. It congratulated him on carrying out his orders and pinning 45,000 French troops while we launched the drive on Paris. So perhaps the General is still being fast-tracked to the top: he obviously knew exactly what he was supposed to do and carried out his orders perfectly. The successful night withdrawal was just the cream on the cake.

A Luftwaffe deployment order on 23rd caught my eye for two reasons: the first was that it mentioned my brother’s unit: 2nd Fliegerkorps. The second was the unprecedented honour that it gave to General Ruoff. Normally units are rarely named after living officers – you have to die to get honoured that way. A few rare exceptions are made, however, and this is one of them. A new Messerschmitt 109E interceptor geschwader has been named JG 70 “Ruoff”! The accompanying explanation talks of the outstanding example he has set in pushing his unit to the front etc etc. He has obviously impressed several people high up in the government. (Though I suspect Goebbels and Frick had a hand in this – looking for ways to keep civilian morale up. One way is to create a popular hero. But they must have twisted Goering’s arm to get him to name a Luftwaffe unit after a Heer officer!). Whatever the reason and the background politics, JG 70 “Ruoff” has joined 2nd Fliegerkorps at the captured airbase in Bruxelles.

me109finalclean.jpg

Part of the official naming ceremony of the new geschwader: honouring a new hero.

To defeat General Gain took Eicke just over half the time he had thought likely. A short firefight and 19eme abandoned Berck and headed west along the coast. For a non-motorised unit, Eicke and his 28.Infanterie are making good time as they clear the Channel provinces.

The last of the battles that began on the 20th wound down towards the end of the day. Probably the hardest fought battle of the past few days, Curtze finally forced General Slim to reluctantly pull his men back. We lost 444 men to Slim’s 839, but considering the advantages we had in numbers and equipment, the British did very well to not only hold on for three days, but to do so with no reinforcements (Curtze had another division join him in the assault).

ruinsh.jpg

Curtze’s Aufklarung units move through a ruined town in Noyon. Fighting was particularly fierce here, with the British stubbornly refusing to retreat.

The pain was not over for the Allies. Von Bock decided his men would advance to keep up the momentum. He had no concerns of ambushes or running into prepared positions, as aerial and land reconnaissance showed that the British in front of him were totally disorganised. He has sent 16.Infanterie from Lille and 8.Infanterie from St Omer into Abbeville, where the hapless General Lawsom will be faced with the choice of either squandering the lives of his men or joining the retreat (which is beginning to look suspiciously like a rout) towards Paris.

abbevillefinal.jpg

Battle of Abbeville

marnetrib105fieldhowitz.jpg

Bock’s men move their artillery (10.5cm howitzers) across a tributary ofthe Somme near Abbeville. As can be seen, they do not expect to come under enemy fire.

Bombing summary

20th September

Montmedy: Udet with 2 x Ju 87G, 2 x He 111: 147, 126

21st September

Luftwaffe

Dormans: Grauert with 2 x He 111: 63, 126, 123
Amiens: Kitzinger with 2 x He 111: 68, 106
Noyon: Udet with 2 x Ju 87G: 42, 90, 81
Soisson: Sperrle with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 59, 98, 134

Armee de l’Air

Neufchateau: Valin with 1 x TAC: 32, 46, 20

22nd September

Luftwaffe

Longuyon: Grauert with 2 x He 111: 84, 115, 114
Montmedy: Kitzinger with 2 x He 111: 84, 96, 116
Noyon: Udet with 2 x Ju 87G: 33, 86, 92
Dormans: Dorstling with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 77, 115
Soissons: Sperrle with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 75, 160, 128

Armee de l’Air

Cambrai: Valin with 1 x TAC: 55, 52, 50

23rd September

Noyon: Udet with 2 x Ju 87G: 34
Berck: Sperrle with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 52
Abbeville: Dorstling with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 97, 129, 113
Berck: Grauert with 2 x He 111: 91
Noyon: Kitzinger with 2 x He 111: 117, 144

fallzentrumfinalendw.jpg

Fall Zentrum at end of 23rd September: only one battle continues, as the Allies seem unable to mount a coherent defence. The hundreds of thousands of Allied troops to the west are effectively cut off from the battle for Paris. Unternehmen Gummiknuppel is reaching completion, with only the final blow to be delivered.

westwalfinal.jpg

Westwall at end of 23rd September: all is quiet on the Westwall front

egyptfinal.jpg

Egypt at the end of 23rd September: in an alarming development, the RAF has started bombing Italian units. We have some observers with the Italian infantry, and they report the Regia Aeronautica has not been sighted. If control of the air is conceded to the British, the Italian army will face an uphill battle to take Egypt.

Last edited:
great progress with France - given all the problems you've had with them it must be reassuring to be so near to Paris (& for it to be so weakly held after all the damage you've inflicted in your offensive through Benelux).

Odd about Italy - in my last game, the one thing that Italy possesed in spades was airpower, was so powerful I more or less suspended any air operations anywhere they could interfere.

I suspect that nothing short of a fully fleged army group would save the Italians :(

Other than that: What are your plans after France? Are you going to go for Spain directly afterwards or will you divert some troops to pacify the Balcans?

I suspect that nothing short of a fully fleged army group would save the Italians :(
No, it wouldn't. I tried once loading as Italy, and reattaching one army to the North Africa HQ. That only created supply problems. I saw Italy perform in Africa a) after I did Sealion, thereby crippling the remaining Brits, and b) after Turkey was opened (conquered) for direct land access.

Maybe you should send some, uh, advisors to Uncle Benito.

And one or two panzer-divisionen also! :D

Forster and Karaiskandar:

This is why I want Gibraltar: in my experience the Italian AI can never successfully hold, let alone expand, North Africa. Unless you are suggesting and expeditionary force: that will not happen.

great progress with France - given all the problems you've had with them it must be reassuring to be so near to Paris (& for it to be so weakly held after all the damage you've inflicted in your offensive through Benelux).

Odd about Italy - in my last game, the one thing that Italy possesed in spades was airpower, was so powerful I more or less suspended any air operations anywhere they could interfere.

Yes, France surprised me by being so weak on the Belgian border. I think that at least part of the explanation is that the constant fighting/bombing on the Westwall has bled the French. They have been rotating units through the Westwall battles, and maybe they have just not been able to reorg them quickly enough.

I may have made a mistake with the Italains: the fighter shown on the last screenshot may be Italian. I assumed it was British because I hadn't seen a Libyan airfield that was occupied. I have noticed now (a few days ahead) that there is a single fighter based in NAfrica, so maybe that was Italian. I don't know enough about how units are displayed (are they grouped by nationality?) to tell from the tooltip display.

Other than that: What are your plans after France? Are you going to go for Spain directly afterwards or will you divert some troops to pacify the Balcans?

The way things look I will do both. I will send a couple of armies south while transferring a couple east. I need to make a big push to see if I can get Rumania in the tent: if it looks too hard I'll probably take the oil (and the border).

No, it wouldn't. I tried once loading as Italy, and reattaching one army to the North Africa HQ. That only created supply problems. I saw Italy perform in Africa a) after I did Sealion, thereby crippling the remaining Brits, and b) after Turkey was opened (conquered) for direct land access.

At the moment the tentative plan is to send an army and a Luftflotte - with one objective: the Suez canal. When Gibraltar is mine, then a major Kriegsmarine presence will be based there: hopefully no need touse it inthe Med as the Italians can clear that.

you are making short work of those French divisions in front of Paris. This is looking like real Blitzkrieg. Excellent!

It is like a Blitzkrieg, just without the tanks! I have 13 Panzer divsions (8 Leichte) but not many are in the spearhead. Still, I won't complain while we keep making such progress.

Rank and File
A Clerk’s War​

24th September to 27th September 1939

General von Bock’s gamble in attacking Abbeville has paid off: his estimate that Lawsom’s troops were in no condition to resist was correct. Within hours his forward units were moving at full speed as it became clear that the British had been ordered, once again, to retreat. We lost 77 men, the BEF lost 189.

An essential component of Unternehmen Gummiknuppel (as explained to me by a helpful staff officer) was that the French units to the east were not to be allowed to return to the defence of Paris. This explains why von Brauchitsch is driving south into Vitry-le-Francois. He is to ensure that the roads west are held secure and that any attempt by the French to reinforce Paris must be routed far to the south. There are three French divisions in the province and 24.Infanterie will have a hard time winning this battle, but as my new friend explained, the aim is not necessarily to take the province: it is to prevent it being used as a short cut to the capital. By making Vitry-le-Francois a battle-field, any units attempting to traverse it will be caught up in the fighting and unable to move west.

vitrylefrancoisfinal.jpg

Battle of Vichy-le Francois

With the reappearance of Valin’s bombers, this time over Reims, protests from commanders at the front are building rapidly. We have nearly 30,000 men in Reims, preparing for the next stage of the attack, and their rest and recuperation is being badly disrupted by the raids, not to mention the casualties inflicted. Something will be done soon: I saw a memo from General von Blomberg’s office to his fellow Minister, Marschall Goering, in which the Minister for the Army politely asked what steps the Luftwaffe was taking to prevent such raids. It went on to suggest that if there was a difficulty, a meeting with the Fuhrer to discuss the problem could be arranged. I think a few Luftwaffe commanders have been given some insights into their career prospects if the French planes are not turned back very soon.

The term “Blitzkrieg” has been used by a popular newspaper columnist (who goes by the pseudonym “BoemsiBoemsie” – really, how such a vulgar nom-de-plume is permitted in public is a disgrace! I am glad my mother is not here to see it) and it is quite an apt description of the way our forces are pushing towards Paris. General Slim would definitely see Hopner’s attack on Clermont as a bolt of lightning striking at his exhausted 56th Infantry Brigade. His men are in no condition to repulse the tanks and motorised infantry of 4th Leichte, and Clermont is adjacent to Paris!

clermontfainla.jpg

Battle of Clermont

Late in the afternoon the Luftwaffe did intercept Valin’s bombers on their third mission to Vichy-le-Francois. Unfortunately for the Luftwaffe their interception was at the same time as reports came in of enemy bombing attack on Noyon: Duseigneur’s two Groupes de Bombardement striking at Hopner’s attacking Panzer Division and two resting infantry divisions. While Valin aborted his attack when Christiansen’s Messerschmitts were seen, the Luftwaffe commanders received no credit for their efforts, just further complaints about their inability to protect the Heer. Life can be hard at the top.

airreimsfinal.jpg

Air Battle of Reims

Duseigneur’s raids on Noyon carried over into the 26th, with no interference from our fighters. It had little or no effect on Hopner’s drive into Clermont. Not long after dawn Slim was on the run again, having inflicted 56 casualties on 4th Leichte Panzer Divsion, while 56th Infantry Brigade lost 78. Some of our leading reconnaissance patrols are in sight of the spires and towers of Paris.

The bombs may have killed some troops in Noyon, but did not delay General Curtze in his pursuit of the battered 14th Mountain Brigade. Only hours after their defeat by Engelbrecht’s Gebirgsjagers, General Hutton’s weary Tommies are under attack by 10,000 motorised infantry. It was a completely unbalanced fight, and lasted only hours before the British broke, leaving 27 dead and allowing our men to race across Provins to the Seine. Curtze lost a mere 14 men.

provinsfinal.jpg

Battle of Provins

As if our fighter pilots did not have enough problems with the chorus of complaints from the Heer, they are now being denounced by their own comrades. Kitzinger’s 3rd Taktischeluftflotte was hit over Provins by Basset’s two Groupes de Chasse, while Udet’s 3rd Stukakorps were intercepted over Clermont by Steele’s four Fighter Groups. Udet’s Stukas suffered so much damage that they were pulled out of the attack for repairs, and in fact did not reappear for the rest of 26th and the whole of the 27th. From the damage reports, both geschwader (“Speer” and “Streitkolben”) suffered about 10% casualties.

airprovinsfinal.jpg

Air Battle of Provins

airclermontfinal.jpg

Air Battle of Clermont

While cancelling its missions saved 3rd Stukakorps from losing further planes, it was bad news for Kitzinger’s pilots. They managed to complete their first mission without too much trouble, shrugging off the French fighters. When they returned to Provins, however, Steele was waiting for them, and gave the Heinkels a lesson in going to the well once too often. The 3rd Taktischeluftflotte made it back to base in Lille, though “Holzhammer” left nearly 20% of its planes behind.

airprovins2final.jpg

2nd Air Battle of Provins

he111downfinal.jpg

One of our missing Heinkels, lying in a French field

Finally the Luftwaffe got the jump on Duseigneur. Perhaps we should invest in some more of the new-fangled radar systems. Something needs to be done to protect our men. At least this time Christiansen made sure that the French bombers won’t be back for a while, meeting them head on and chasing them away from the intended target of Reims.

airreims2final.jpg

2nd Air Battle of Reims

To me the most important news of the day, however, involved my brother Heinz. At least it involved his unit, 3rd Leichte Panzer Division. The Fuhrer made an important speech to an enormous crowd, a speech which was broadcast on radio across the county. (Minister Frick made sure that every radio licence holder was told that it would not be looked upon kindly if air time was not made available). During the speech the Fuhrer referred to the sacrifices our soldiers made in defending the Reich against the French attacks, and singled out von Manstein’s division for mention. (Perhaps it was a bit much to refer to Luxembourg as part of the Reich, but I suppose it had been integrated when the Battle for Luxembourg took place between 8th and 14th September). The Fuhrer got quite emotional as he described the heroism and determination of our panzertruppen as they fought for days against terrible odds to throw the French out of Luxembourg. Newspaper photographs of the speech showed women in the front rows in tears as he spoke of the courage of our young soldiers. Whipping the crowd into a frenzy of pride and enthusiasm, he then announced that from now on, 3rd Leichte will be known as the “Angriff” Panzer Division. Heinz will be so proud of the recognition, but at the moment I suspect he would prefer a two day leave pass.

rallyfinal.jpg

Part of the crowd waiting for the speech to begin

With the Armee de l’Air back at its bases and the Royal Air Force apparently resting from its labours, there was little else to report for the 27th September. Beauvais was occupied by von Amann’s 17.Infanterie Division, the French having abandoned the province. It seems as though our troops are gathering for the last push on Paris. There is nothing to stand in their way.

Bombing Summary

24th September

Abbeville: Udetwith 2 x Ju 87G: 45
Abbeville: Sperrle with 1 xBf 109G, 2 x He 111, 2 x Ju 87G: 118, 151

25th September

Luftwaffe

Vitry-le-Francois: Udet with 2 x Ju 87G: 71
Vitry-le-Francois: Sperrel with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111, 2 x Ju 87G: 147, 181, 133
Clermont: Dorstling with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 129

Armee de l’Air

Reims: Valin with 1 x TAC: 36, 44
Noyon: Duseigneur with 2 x TAC: 79

26th September

Luftwaffe

Clermont: Udet with 2 x Ju 87G: 47
Vitry-le-Francois: Sperrle with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 56
Vitry-le-Francois: Dorstling with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 106
Provins: Kitzinger with 2 x He 111: 106
Vitry-le-Francois: Sperrle with 2 x Bf 109G, 4 x He 111: 178, 112

Armee de l’Air

Noyon: Duseigneur with 2 x TAC: 29, 74, 88

27th September

Vitry-le-Francois: Sperrle with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 80
Vitry-le-Francois: Dorstling with 1 x Bf 109G, 2 x He 111: 117
Vitry-le-Francois: Sperrle with 2 x Bf 109G, 4 x He 111: 164, 139

fallzentrumfinalend.jpg

Fall Zentrum at end of 27th September: knocking at the gates of Paris

thewesfinalend.jpg

The western Front at end of 27th September: Unternehmen Gummiknuppel reaches its climax. Will the French forces on the Maginot see the danger they are in if our left wing continues its great anti-clockwise swing?

nafricafinal.jpg

North Africa at end of 27th September: the Italians have lost Khalij as Sallum to the British counter-attack. Our advisers tell us the Italian infantry have little with which to fight the enemy tanks.

canone4732m35dugin1fina.jpg

Italian infantry operating a dug-in cannone da 47/32 M35 in Egypt: although a useful weapon, the Italians have too few of them to deter the British

eafricasupplyfinal.jpg

The supply situation in East Africa at end of 27th September: supply is patchy but deteriorating. Stockpiles are very small. It is essential that a port be reopened to allow supply ships to berth.

That political map looks very much like the intended WWI Schlieffen Plan ;)

Grood progress across the board, may be with the exception of the Luftwaffe. On the other hand, the fighters have been busy in a nonstop campaign since the war started and while the front broadens, the few interceptor squadrons have too much frontline to cover.

That political map looks very much like the intended WWI Schlieffen Plan ;)

Grood progress across the board, may be with the exception of the Luftwaffe. On the other hand, the fighters have been busy in a nonstop campaign since the war started and while the front broadens, the few interceptor squadrons have too much frontline to cover.

Yes, a striking lack of originality on my part.

I may be wrong, but the AI seems to like resting planes a lot. And I am not sure iof it has been seen on the screenshots, but there have been German fighters over Dover a few times - reconnaissance?

Can any of the more experienced readers help me with this: when looking at photos for the "rally" I found a lot that had the crowd using the "Hitler salute". I know it is banned in Germany, but are pictures of it being performed banned on Paradox sites? I took the safe way and excluded "Salute" photos, but I couldn't find a specific mention in the guidelines. I am sure it must have been raised in the past. Anyone know if they are not to be used?

BTW, when the public beta 1.4 is issued, I will be trying a save game or two to see if a transfer is possible - will let everyone know if it works. From Johan's and Kallocain's comments it looks good. Might have helped me abit more, but would have also helped the Allies. Anyway, fingers crossed.

Yes, a striking lack of originality on my part.
Too bad it worked. :rofl:

And I am not sure iof it has been seen on the screenshots, but there have been German fighters over Dover a few times - reconnaissance?
They intercept the Brits right over their aifields. The AI probably doesn't restrict interceptors like a human would, so all you need is range.

Can any of the more experI took the safe way and excluded "Salute" photos, but I couldn't find a specific mention in the guidelines.
I think it is in the guidelines: If you aren't sure, it's probably not allowed.