• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yugoimport SDPR
This is a cold war/post TT for Serbia
Starting year 1949 - 1970
yugoimportsdpr.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Skill level 5, mechanics electronics, artillery, technical efficiency and rocketry.

From wikapeida; Yugoimport SDPR is a Serbian state-owned defence company and represents the Government and military industrial complex of Serbia in the sphere of importation and exportation cooperation of defence equipment and related services. It is the largest company in the local defense industry.

Elektronska industrija Niš

Chemistry, elevtronics,management and technical efficieieny. level 5 or 6 not sure.
elektronskaindustrijani.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Starting year 1948 - 1970

EI Niš, short for Electronic Industry Niš (Elektronska industrija Niš) is a company with headquarters in Niš, Serbia. It originated in 1948 from the foundation of the Institute for the Production of Radio Sets and Roentgen Machines, "RR Niš."
The basic production encompasses acoustic equipment, electronic tubes including cathode-ray tubes, printed plates, electronic machine elements, hydraulics, pneumatics, appliances, air-conditioners, medical equipment, roentgen machines, TV sets, radio receivers, and semiconductors.

If someone has any suggestions to this be my guest.

Coded. Please have a look at them

There is a minor typo in your soviet file

3724;Sergey Gorshkov;T_SOV_Sergey_Gorshkov;7;1956;1970;arge_taskforce_tactics;rocketry;naval_training;submarine_tactics;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

should be

3724;Sergey Gorshkov;T_SOV_Sergey_Gorshkov;7;1956;1970;large_taskforce_tactics;rocketry;naval_training;submarine_tactics;seamanship;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Amended. Thank you.

I have two new tech teams for Germany (and DFR)

For Ger

40;Krauss-Maffei;T40;8;1950;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T40.jpg

41;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T41.jpg

for DFR

7018;Krauss-Maffei;T40;7;1950;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
7019;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

For Ger

40;Krauss-Maffei;T40;8;1950;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T40.jpg

41;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T41.jpg

for DFR

7018;Krauss-Maffei;T40;7;1950;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
7019;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Could you please upload the pics on a server?

The name should be Bundesheer:please let me know whether you are happy with this name.

Österreichisches Bundesheer? Sounds fine to me.:)

I'm fine with it but I would lower the skill to 3 because he didn't do so much. I would like to see the others opinion.
Well, actually, after I had added the post about Kauba at school I was thinking about it on the way home (forgot about it though), But was going to say something more like 5, IDk really know why I put 7, It was almost time to go to class and he sounded neat.

Hirtenberger-Hopfner is skill 4, and all they ever built is a few Reconissance Planes. Kaube drew up his own designs for a flying bomb, developed several extrordinary planes (on that site I gave you, read it all (only takes a few minuites, it's quite interesting) and look at the pictures of the planes), developed a type of frame that was both lighter and stronger then current designs in use, and last but not least, made some scooters after the war.:rofl: And despite that he only deserves a skill 3?

I think a skill 5 sounds about right, if he had been given more ample resources, and hadn't been given grumpy Czechs (people not inclined to help the German war effort, I'm not saying any thing about the Czechs personally, I'm half Czech myself) he would have done alot.

Skill: A firm 5.

Last edited:
@All. Please I need some feedbacks on these teams. What do you think about?

Cegroach's Belarussian TT's:

They both seem fine to me, but for the second one the Logo seems a bit "modern". Can a picture of the factory, or of one of it's products be found? If not, a logo from the period?

Cegroach's Georgian TT's:

The two Land Doctrine teams seem fine. But personally, while Valerian Tevzadze's story is certainly interesting, I think Giorgi Kvinitadze has stronger credentials. I feel age alone is not a sufficient reason to disclude him.

The rest of the teams seem fine to me, but again, I think actual period photos over logos would be the best option.

Cegroach's Ukrainian TT's:

I think both of the suggestions are good ideas.:)

Daniel Shannon's American TT's:

Well, while I myself am an American, I really don't know, or care alot about my country. Personally I'd like a little more background on his suggestions, and ArmaLite definitely needs a new picture.

Also, how many teams does the USA have at the moment, do they really need any more?

Manfred1126's South African TT's:

As we have already discussed, sufficient information was not given for these teams. And as I have mentioned elsewhere, I think images are better than logos.

Pioniere's Belorussian TT's:

Not alot of information given ATM...

Pioniere's Serbian TT's:

YugoImport seems fine, however if it is for Serbia, why the name Yugo? Maybe SerbImport?? Just some thoughts. All around it seems fine.

The second team sounds fine, but for a University starting out during the game, I think even a skill 5 is a bit high. 3 or 4 sounds a bit more reasonable. My reasoning is an individual can be highly skilled on his own, and we arn't implementing him at his birthdate, but after he has matured and gained experience. For a University, while some of it's individuals may be highly skilled, it takes time for the university as a whole to gain experience both working together with each other, but also to gain a sufficient reputation and Alumni.

Daniel Shannon's DFR/German TT's:

On the surface they both seem fine, but a little more background information would be nice.

All in all, most of the TT's suggested seem okay, just make sure to PRESENT your reasearch to us. Sure, I can take the names and look them up for myself, but that takes time, time that I could be using for my own reasearch. Just take the extra minuite to put all your facts down on paper. Trust me, it makes a more favourable impression, and the TT's will be more likely to be included.:)

Edit: Also, I see some things like "Well TT General Bigshot has the Large Unit Focus Specialty, so I'm going to take that away from TT Buckshot Military Acadamy" Just because one guy has a certain specialty, does that mean that another guy can't have it aswell? Unless it can be proven that Buckshot Military Acadamy never focused on Large Unit Tactics, I think we should leave it as it is.

Last edited:

For Ger

T40.jpg

T41.jpg

for DFR

I made an error on Krauss- Maffei. It did produce vehicles for Germany in ww2. Drop its start date to 1940.

For Ger

40;Krauss-Maffei;T40;8;1940;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

T40.jpg

alternatively
5-copie-3.jpg

or

logo_100x45_kraussmaffei_527.jpg

T41.jpg

alternatively
Luerssen%20Logo.bmp

for DFR

7018;Krauss-Maffei;T40;7;1940;1970;artillery;electronics;management;mechanics;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
7019;Lürssen;T41;5;1930;1970;naval_artillery;naval_engineering;electronics;general_equipment;technical_efficiency;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x[/QUOTE]

Well, while I myself am an American, I really don't know, or care alot about my country. Personally I'd like a little more background on his suggestions, and ArmaLite definitely needs a new picture.

Also, how many teams does the USA have at the moment, do they really need any more?

Daniel Shannon's DFR/German TT's:

On the surface they both seem fine, but a little more background information would be nice.

Regarding the US teams:

Armalite - They were in competition with the Springfield armory to design the successor to the M1 garand. They lost that one, but they eventually developed the M16, which became the primary infantry rifle of the US military. Alternatively, we could use their Chief Engineer, Eugene Stoner, as the tech team.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armalite

NASA - They sent men to the moon. Isn't that awesome enough to warrant a tech team?

Creighton Williams Abrams Jr - Gives the USA a good land doctrine team after the retirement of Eisenhower and Bradley. The M1 Abrams tank is named after him. According to Wiki, General George Patton said of him, "I'm supposed to be the best tank commander in the Army, but I have one peer: Abe Abrams. He's the world champion."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creighton_Abrams

Arleigh Burke - The US needs a good Naval doctrine tech team to replace Nimitz and King when they retire.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arleigh_Burke

Regarding the German teams

Krauss-Maffei - Was a huge West German defense contractor during the cold war. They developed the Leopard series of main battle tanks, among other vehicles.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krauss-Maffei

Lürssen - They developed a lot of naval vessels for West Germany during the cold war.
http://www.luerssen.de/en/frameset.naval.html

Here is an additional tech team for the USA (and California)

146;Stanford Research Institute;T146;8;1954;1970;electronics;mathematics;management;chemistry;industrial_engineering;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Some of their developments: bit-mapped displays, collaboration software, hypertext, the computer mouse, liquid crystal display technology, the first mobile robot that could reason about its actions, and first all magnetic digital computer. Particularly awesome is Arpanet, the world's first electronic computer network. They also developed things like malaria treatments and even helped Walt Disney plan and run Disneyland.

potential pics
180px-Sriinternational.jpg

or

images

Manfred1126's South African TT's:
As we have already discussed, sufficient information was not given for these teams. And as I have mentioned elsewhere, I think images are better than logos.

Well, I provided you with sources. And IMO logos are much prettier than images, because the available space is so limited.

Code:
3009;Iscor Ltd;iscor;5;1930;1970;chemistry;industrial_engineering;mechanics;management;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

"1927: "Pact" government creates South Africa Iron and Steel Corporation (Iscor), which becomes the dominant steel producer in the country; Iscor begins construction of the Pretoria steel mill. Iscor began building its own steelworks in Pretoria, and by 1934 had started production, becoming the chief supplier of rails for South Africa's rapidly expanding railroad network. At the same time, Iscor started its own mining operation in Thabazimbi in order to supply its own iron ore. The operation quickly proved an expensive endeavor, particularly against the group's larger and more efficient foreign competitors. To cut costs, the government relaxed the group's employment requirements, allowing Iscor to take on an unskilled black workforce paid at much lower rates.

Iscor quickly ramped up production and by 1935 was already providing for more than 17 percent of South Africa's steel needs. The company was later to benefit from a heightening degree of government protection, restricting imported steel while favoring Iscor's own later moves into the export markets. "

Code:
3010;University of the Witwatersrand;witwaterstrand;5;1930;1970;mathematics;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x;

Self-explanatory. South Africa doesn't have a mathematics team.

Code:
3011;ESCOM;escom;5;1948;1970;electronics;nuclear_engineering;chemistry;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Biggest energy supplier in South Africa. Built also the only Nuclear power plant in the African continent. South Africa doesn't have a nuke team.

Code:
3012;Simon's Town Dockyard;simonstown;4;1930;1970;electronics;naval_engineering;technical_efficiency;naval_artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

South Africa doesn't have a naval team.

"Simon's Town activity followed much the some pattern in the Second World War as it did in the First. In the early stages of the war it was the assembly base for the skips engaged in the rounding up of the few German ships in the southern oceans, the most important of which was the Graf Spee. There followed other heavily armed raiders disguised as merchant ships, including the Atlantis which laid mines off Cape Agulhas and elsewhere. They operated with considerable success but were eventually intercepted and sunk by ships based at Simon's Town."

Code:
3013;Armscor;armscor;6;1948;1970;general_equipment;training;artillery;mechanics;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
The most important SA weapons supplier during the post-war era. SA doesn't have a general equipment team.

"ARMSCOR, the Armaments Corporation of South Africa, was established to meet South Africa's needs for armaments and related products and services. The Corporation has roots going back to 1948 and dates from 1977, when the South African Armaments Board and the Armaments Development Corporation were amalgamated. Five years later, ARMSCOR began to market South African products abroad, having proved that many were unique and provided superior solutions for a wide range of needs."

They both seem fine to me, but for the second one the Logo seems a bit "modern". Can a picture of the factory, or of one of it's products be found? If not, a logo from the period?

I doubt there was one we can find. There were some images on their webside, though.
Unfortunatelly barely useful, besides the company is relatively young.

The two Land Doctrine teams seem fine. But personally, while Valerian Tevzadze's story is certainly interesting, I think Giorgi Kvinitadze has stronger credentials. I feel age alone is not a sufficient reason to disclude him.

In 1939 he was 63, in 1960 he would be 84... That is a problem with such teams.
Tevdzadze could be seen as representing all Gerogian generals/officers in Poland. Sadly only a small fraction has any pictures I could find and probably not a single useful.

i agree

Should we bring him back?

The rest of the teams seem fine to me, but again, I think actual period photos over logos would be the best option.

Could you pleae download the pack and see the pics made for USA. I can ensure you that there are many.

Okay, one more for the USA. In addition to the Stanford Research Institute mentioned previously, I think that Chrysler's Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant should get a tech team. It produced almost one quarter of US tanks used during the war. Its production closely matched tank production of either Great Britain or Germany.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/detroit.htm

147;Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant;T147;8;1941;1970;mechanics;industrial_engineering;technical_efficiency;artillery;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

Below are some possible pics:

53373675.jpg

M3-lee-chrysler-arsenal-2.jpg

Regarding the US teams:

Armalite
NASA - They sent men to the moon. Isn't that awesome enough to warrant a tech team?
Creighton Williams Abrams Jr
Arleigh Burke

Regarding the German teams

Krauss-Maffei
Lürssen

They all seem good.:cool: And despite myself, I have heard of NASA, although I'm surprised they wern't already a TT.

Well, I provided you with sources. And IMO logos are much prettier than images, because the available space is so limited..

THAT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!:mad: J/K

I don't wan't to seem like I'm hassling you, I think your proposals are good to go.:)

I doubt there was one we can find. There were some images on their webside, though.
Unfortunatelly barely useful, besides the company is relatively young.

I'm sure you'll find something, you've done great work.:)

In 1939 he was 63, in 1960 he would be 84... That is a problem with such teams.
Tevdzadze could be seen as representing all Gerogian generals/officers in Poland. Sadly only a small fraction has any pictures I could find and probably not a single useful.

Should we bring him back?

This will be the last I say on the subject, since I'm not working on Georgia myself, and Cegraoch seem's to have done excellent research.

So, based soley on the Wiki's provided, Giorgi Kvinitadze seems too important a character not to include. Maybe we could retire him at 80, and who says we have to get rid of Tevdzadze?

Could you pleae download the pack and see the pics made for USA. I can ensure you that there are many.

I'm sure you are getting quite exasparated at my repeated failure to download this pack. I assure you that it will be the first thing I do when I get my computer back (in like two days), right now I'm on a friends laptop, and don't want to download things without her permission (she's sleeping).

I'm sure you'll find something, you've done great work.:)

Sadly my poor (or close to non-existent) knowledge of Belorussian doesn't allow me too much and the company's webside doesn't offer any useful images except the logo...

So, based soley on the Wiki's provided, Giorgi Kvinitadze seems too important a character not to include. Maybe we could retire him at 80, and who says we have to get rid of Tevdzadze?

As long as Georgia has two people based doctrine teams I have nothing against it. Perhaps retiring him at 75 would make more sense though.
At that time ( late 1940s) another generation of Georgian commanders would take control of the military and no commanders from the period of the independent Georgia or the 1922 uprising should still be active.

BTW Since communist Ukraine was given different teams than non-communist the same should apply to countries which found themselves under Soviet occupation in 1940s.

I can easily cover Poland - I have it researched pretty well actually....

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/cegorach77/?action=view&current=noweteamy-dopoprawienia.jpg

Besides someone could revisit Poland and Czechoslovakia once more. Since Romania got for some reason over 20 teams... more developed and larger countries could see some additions as well.

Let's not forget that researchers responsible for both countries limited their ambitions believing the same would apply to other countries which happened not exactly this way...

I have all variants (except fascist, but that is way too weird to me) of POL covered you can choose whatever you need, research is done and I have all kinds of pictures to cover this subject:

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/cegorach77/?action=view&current=teamy-polska-2.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps retiring him at 75 would make more sense though.

Agreed.

As for the Communist/Non-Communist nations, For Un-Historical Nations, I can see the two separate tags, but for Historical nations, I think only one nation is needed. Idk, it's a difficult question.

BTW Since communist Ukraine was given different teams than non-communist the same should apply to countries which found themselves under Soviet occupation in 1940s.

I can easily cover Poland - I have it researched pretty well actually....

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/cegorach77/?action=view&current=noweteamy-dopoprawienia.jpg

Besides someone could revisit Poland and Czechoslovakia once more. Since Romania got for some reason over 20 teams... more developed and larger countries could see some additions as well.

Let's not forget that researchers responsible for both countries limited their ambitions believing the same would apply to other countries which happened not exactly this way...

I have all variants (except fascist, but that is way too weird to me) of POL covered you can choose whatever you need, research is done and I have all kinds of pictures to cover this subject:

http://s362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/cegorach77/?action=view&current=teamy-polska-2.jpg
Ok. You have done a very good job I trust you :)

Agreed.

As for the Communist/Non-Communist nations, For Un-Historical Nations, I can see the two separate tags, but for Historical nations, I think only one nation is needed. Idk, it's a difficult question.

Please let me know the end date for him

Okay, one more for the USA. In addition to the Stanford Research Institute mentioned previously, I think that Chrysler's Detroit Arsenal Tank Plant should get a tech team. It produced almost one quarter of US tanks used during the war. Its production closely matched tank production of either Great Britain or Germany.

I agree on the team but USA is plenty of teams. Texas, California, etc are not been considered so far. Regarding the skill I guess that you would recognize that WWII USA tanks were a little bit crappy.
In my personal scale I would assign 9 to SOV, 8 to GER, 6 to Allies.

I agree on the team but USA is plenty of teams. Texas, California, etc are not been considered so far. Regarding the skill I guess that you would recognize that WWII USA tanks were a little bit crappy.
In my personal scale I would assign 9 to SOV, 8 to GER, 6 to Allies.

Why don't you bump team 3729;Kartsev-Venediktov Design Bureau to skill 9? Leave it at a 1945 start, so that the reds have something to look forward too.

Its true that the US was behind in tank development. Go ahead and drop it to a skill 6. I think its worth including, because that factory helped Detroit earn the nickname "the arsenal of democracy." Granted the USA will have a lot of techteams now, but it is the only country that shouldn't have any problems funding a full ten techteams. I promise not to bother you with any more US tech teams. :)

I don't have vanilla armageddon installed. Could you please give me the ids I'd need to start with for Texas, the Confederacy, and California?

Status
Not open for further replies.