• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mupdate Session 30, yr 1291: In which they simply walk into Mordor!

session30.jpg

Occupied provs marked by X

West Rome and Loire strongarm Bavaria and Andalus into peacing with Denmark, as well as making other concessions. Something that seems quite strange given the fact that Loires is allied to Bavaria! (Borders in north germany not properly adjusted yet.)

Caliphate-West Rome diplomacy descend into questioning the place of employment and general flatulence of each others respective progenitors.

Byzantion, Persia and Denmark renew their assault on the Russians, taking Transoxiana, Crimea, Caucasus and the Baltics in a hard slog.

Finland waffles back and forth between the two sides with a speed that would make KoM question their loyalty, assaulting Constantinople by sea, stealing Anatolian vassals and repeatedly besieging Novgorod they are currently on the coalition side.

Russia steals vassals in Wales for the lulz.

The Coalition seems to have won the war, but Russia is too deep to ever be entirely defeated and does not seem to be ready to surrender just yet. The world awaits the first peacemaps.

Last edited:
Hey, This is first time I actually annyoing everyone! It takes time to learn it done properly ;)

So, there will be peace negotiations this week. To inform the negotiations, I made a script to count the base tax of countries; here are the results from the 1281 save, that is, prewar:

Code:
RUSS : 450
GERM : 385
FATI : 275
BOHE : 271
DENM : 259
MAML : 255
PERS : 232
LEON : 183
BULG : 176
CROA : 171
GEOR : 34

And here the results from today's ending save:

Code:
GERM : 385
RUSS : 369
BOHE : 281
FATI : 276
DENM : 270
PERS : 250
MAML : 249
BULG : 193
LEON : 191
CROA : 170
GEOR : 42
TURO : 5
C398 : 1

C398 and TURO are rebels against Russian rule, and Germany has sniped C422, so the total Russian basetax should be considered 376; but Russia annexed three provinces in Wales with total basetax 9, bringing it back down to 367. We see then that the anti-Russian alliance has annexed provinces worth a total of 83 basetax. This is distributed as follows:

Finland: 2 provinces, 3 basetax
Denmark: 9 provinces, 35 basetax
Byzantium: 6 provinces, 20 basetax
Persia: 9 provinces, 25 basetax.

In addition, Persia has occupied three of Russia's immensely wealthy demesne provinces, for a total of another 25 (!) basetax, and Denmark is occupying a province worth 3 basetax.

Note that Finland (tag GEOR) has vassal-sniped three Byzantine provinces worth 5 basetax, which accounts for the rest of their increase from 34 to 42.

While we're on the subject of statistics, these are the current heavy-cavalry weights:

BULG : 58.9227
FATI : 51.3405
PERS : 50.9529
RUSS : 49.8873
CROA : 49.9603
GEOR : 48.7273
GERM : 47.8651
LEON : 43.4972
DENM : 42.1522
MAML : 38.7747
BOHE : 37.1783

which is, presumably, part of the reason Roman troops have generally kicked Russian ass when not morale-bugged. Superior technology for the win!

Last edited:
Superior technology for the win!

Foels ability to expertly manage demesne-vassal dynamics during war is entirely secondary I pressume? :p

I was speaking of the ability of Roman troops to kick ass, not the alliance's ability to win wars. Foels's skills may be important to the latter. For the former, secondary is way too kind. Quintary at most.

The world awaits the first peacemaps.

tilius-1.jpg

- Danish cartographers aren´t as renowned as their Fatimid counterparts so some borders might be off and/or outdated.

- the above map is an attempt at being humorous, not an actual peace negotiation thing (in case it isn´t like... super-obvious already)

- many thanks for the basetax script KoM ! :) I am genuinely surprised that the Russian prewar lead wasn´t bigger, mostly because I underestimated Germany though.

Last edited:
mupdate session 30, yr 1291: In which they simply walk into mordor!

. :D

West Rome and Loire strongarm Bavaria and Loire into peacing with Denmark

Very impressive that Loire managed to strongarm itself. :p

I suppose this particular anti-Russian war wasn't hard to see coming. Couldn't see Persia standing for those hijinks with Russia keeping the Persian land east of the Caspian; those provinces are quite rich in CK.

I shall eagerly await reading the peace treaty.

Very impressive that Loire managed to strongarm itself. :p

Fixed :p

I suppose this particular anti-Russian war wasn't hard to see coming.
I shall eagerly await reading the peace treaty.

KoM invading people is never hard to predict. :p Since none of the so far uninvolved powers seem to intent on intervention just yet, Russia seems unwilling to accept a full defeat, and the attacking powers realize vR will be coming for them if left Mordor-sized, chances are the war will continue a while longer if nobody cracks...

Is it wrong that I suddenly find myself a fan of Finland?? I wonder how long he can stand being that annoying to everyone!!!

Nope. we're all secretly rooting for the Finns - they're our favourite in-game diversion.

Foels ability to expertly manage demesne-vassal dynamics during war is entirely secondary I pressume? :p

I'm flattered but Persian troops have thus far sucked majorly. This war has been a straight up slog and the only reason we've been winning is because we outnumber him and attack him on three fronts. :)

So presumably you admit that Roman troops are excellent, but say I suck at using them? Could be; I'm at a bit of a disadvantage fighting over the Black Sea. :(

KoM invading people is never hard to predict. :p

Eh. I strive to at least make my immediate target a surprise. :)

Or that your adeptness in inter-family politics is simply superior to your ability to strategically lead troops?

Certainly possible. In this case, the mistake would be in selecting a target I needed to cross water to get at.

Persian troops, yes. Your use of them, no. You're the only one of the gang I'm willing to grant a "good job".

Good job.

Well, I am the only one who doesn't have to cross water to get at you.

I thought it was rather odd that I wasn't your target when you were aiming for more Black Sea coast.

Well, I tried that once already and it didn't work.