• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We congratulate President Seymour for his victory, and we hope he will lead the people of the United States towards a new era of peace and prosperity.

OOC: "He also took a page from Lincoln's book and held the line on the Spanish intervention in the Caribbean, saying he will throw the all might of the United States into defending the Monroe Doctrine."

Just saying.

OOC: That's kind of an oxymoron, considering the Monroe Doctrine itself must be pursued by somewhat warlike means. That's like saying, "Look, we know you want to colonize insert piece of North/South America, but because we made this little statement over 50 years ago, we can't let you. But we don't want to go to war. Sorry."

OOC: Howdy.

I'd like to take Peru with the express permission of you folks and Frymonmon.

Even though we are separated by a great distance, we would like to commend the Americans for their recent election. God willing, we shall have our first election in the later half of the year, and then, our new Constitution shall be fully enforced. For us five million of free Poles, everything is new and all is yet to be done, however we have to march with caution towards change, we have seen governments fall when they attempted an unnatural pace of reform. Therefore, we try to merge the best of the old system with the new ideas humming the world. If we are succesful, we shall become Europe's land of opportunity, where any man from across the continent is free to come and achieve his dreams.

However, there is much left to be done yet, as while we speak the vile Austrian emperor gathers his troops against us. We have already seen his ways: conquer a nation, take a slice of it and install a loyal puppet to run bussines on his name. Serbia first, then Italy...It is up to you, Poles, to prevent our subjugation under his yoke, when he takes half of our country and places a dummy with a tin crown in Warsaw. Let freedom and Poland prevail!

Last edited:
The Kingdom of Manchuria would like to congratulate the United States on a successful election (though the passing of Executive powers has yet to occur), and we hope for a fruitful friendship in the future. We would also like to congratulate Poland on their patriotism and pride in the face of adversity in the form of the Austrian Empire.

While I graciously accept the congratulations of the Poles, I feel I should remind them that they attacked the Austrians, not the other way around.

I also thank the Manchurians for their support as well.

OOC: You guys might get a Spanish-American War update if a certain rotting relic of a nation sends in orders.

Jeeves, go and beat reis over the head with a handkerchief until he sends them in. There's a good chap.

320px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

The United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador-Hispaniola

It is with immense pleasure that today we announce the admittance of the Hispaniola Republic into our glorious Union. The people of Hispaniola, scared by the instability of South America, their former Spanish masters and the increasingly hostile stance from the USA, have sought protection and prosperity by join our great nation.

Hispaniolas Parliament shall remain and her Citizens are now Citizens of the United Republics. Food, medical supplies and men are being moved to Hispaniola as we speak, to protect the people.

We ask that the Spanish government to join us in negotiations, so that a peaceful resolution can be found.

Last edited:
Hispanolia.jpg

People of Hispanolia, Our leaders have betrayed us! Mere weeks after we gained our independence, the traitors have handed our freedom over to yet another power!

I, Grand Marshal Francisco Franco y Bahamonde declare that this is the last time our freedom shall be taken from us! All true citizens of Hispanolia shall be armed, all shall fight against the tyrannical forces that seek to enslave us. We shall not be slaves to Spain. We shall not be puppets to America. We shall not be betrayed by the Colombians. We shall not bow to the Confederates. Hispanolia is ours, now and forever!

The traitors, Presidente Carlos Ballesteros, Vice Presidente Jose Imigrantez, Foreign Minister Carlos Fuentes and Admiral Francisco Blanco, have all been arrested and hung from the gallows by the Republican Guard. The rest of the Government has been purged of any potentially disloyal elements.

Together with General Juan Castro and Colonel Rafael Guevara, I shall form an emergency Government to run the nation and hereby suspend the normal constitution. With our firm and wise guidance in place, Hispanolia shall defeat our foes and retain our freedom, or die in the attempt.

Finally, I extend an offer of friendship to the nation of France and her Emperor. We are much like your ancestor Napoleon and yourself. We are all military men. We all strive against foreign oppression of our people. We have the skill and determination to see our cause to victory. We ask that he accept our offer of friendship, and that he use whatever means at his disposal to help us secure our independence.

Now Hispanolians, with a prayer on your lips, fire in your hearts and steel in your hands! RESIST THE INVADERS!

[+10,000 Conscripts to Hispanolia, Hispanolia not annexed by Colombia, Hispanolia now a Military Junta under 3 officers]​

OOC: Lol, sucks for Colombia.

Also, if I recall, my stability is 7, not 6 :p (the speech Empress Dowager Cixi gave last turn "invigorated" the people)

France requests that the world recognize the self rule of the people of Hispaniola alongside of us and to allow them the rights to rule themselves as they see fit. There is enough senseless bloodshed in the world in wars for profit and another is not required. These people ask to only be left alone to rule themselves and develop their island nation. France can provide an economic aid package and advisers to prevent possible refugee situation from troubling their neighbors as well if that will provide some calm to the situation. The situation is spinning too far out of control and needs to be contained or we will start to disrupt global trade too far and endanger thousands of lives or perhaps more due to damage to global trade. Seeking to end their independence will only cost more lives and bring no long term wealth to the invaders.

The haste of the Colombians has proven fruitless. While I do not support the creation of the junta, I support the independence of the Dominicans, as I always have.

OOC: Lol, sucks for Colombia.

Also, if I recall, my stability is 7, not 6 :p (the speech Empress Dowager Cixi gave last turn "invigorated" the people)

OOC: Tell me about it :)

320px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png

The United Republics of Colombia-Ecuador

The recent events on Hispaniola are most unfortunate. We never wished to betray the people of Hispaniola, but only to protect and help them. The previous government clearly mislead us, letting us believe that the people of Hispaniola desired to join with us. We shall not fight against our brothers and we shall not oppress your will. You have the right to determine your own future and we respect that.

The United Republics herby renounces all claim to Hispaniola. We appologise for the misunderstanding and wish you good luck.

OOC: I'm being dragged into no war. I have enough to deal with.

Denmark also supports Hispaniola's independence. They were an oppressed and exploited and now they have a chance to end that. Denmark asks that Hispaniola form a legitimate government as soon ass possible because we do not approve of the Military Junta.

The Uruguayan government condemns the Danish lack of education in its diplomatic exchanges, and requests they leave matters concerning their buttocks out of them.

OoC: First they refer themselves as Hispanolians, and now they are ruled by Juan Castro and Rafael Guevara? This is getting ridiculous.

transvaal1.png

Staatpresident Marthinus Pretorius van die Zuid-Afrikaansche Republiek​

I am not surprised at this chaotic chain of events. It would seem that the Caribbean is the Balkans of the Americas.

Regardless, the South African Republic continues to recognize Hispaniola's independence from backwards, feudal, foreign tyrants.

OOC: Y'know, thinking back on it, maybe the comparison with the Balkans wasn't such a good idea considering half the crap that made the place infamous as a tinderbox hasn't happened yet :p