• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is trolling here? Magic 10k revolts in the western parts of the OE, Timurids failing during the 3 months of 1399? Seriously?

I'm busy with other things to play games right now.
Erm, have you even read my post? What about slider moves to centralization? What about the rebels you can get if you dont have accepted culture in a province (is bulgarian accepted? Dont know). There are like a million reasons that the OE could have troops in the western part. Qhat about war with the golden horde?
Also, though its unlikely the Tims could fail within the first 10 years. Also the OE could start paying tribute to them for whatever reason, that way they would never need to have troops in the east.
And yes, you are trolling, you keep posting provocative statements and dont listen to reason, while I bring up arguments and would bring up screenshots/savegames if it was of any use.
I dont know what we are even arguing for, you again ignored most of my post and focussed on some stuff that you think you can rebute, even though you completely lack arguments and only post one sentence ridiculing my claims, if such a thing would work in an argument you should have stopped posting on page 2 :-/

Erm, have you even read my post? What about slider moves to centralization? What about the rebels you can get if you dont have accepted culture in a province (is bulgarian accepted? Dont know). There are like a million reasons that the OE could have troops in the western part. Qhat about war with the golden horde?
Also, though its unlikely the Tims could fail within the first 10 years. Also the OE could start paying tribute to them for whatever reason, that way they would never need to have troops in the east.
And yes, you are trolling, you keep posting provocative statements and dont listen to reason, while I bring up arguments and would bring up screenshots/savegames if it was of any use.
I dont know what we are even arguing for, you again ignored most of my post and focussed on some stuff that you think you can rebute, even though you completely lack arguments and only post one sentence ridiculing my claims, if such a thing would work in an argument you should have stopped posting on page 2 :-/

And even if OE starts paying tribute it's still more than likely that they will keep their troops in the east, and hence it won't matter. And I've conquered them many times and not met any rebels.....

Anyway it's obvious anything is possible and can happen in a game. I never denied that. But it's silly to respond to me with arguments such as this.

How did this end up in an argument anyways? Aren't we supposed to be helping the op out?
The same way this stuff always leads to an argument: All obvious stuff that could help was brought up in the first 10 posts, then chronicler came along and gave advice that may sound "pro" to "newbies" reading the topic and when people started arguing against him he made harder and harder to back up claims and started to contradict himself. The problem is, that if you dont argue against that stuff then people will take those highly strange tips as actual advice and will probably fail miserably.
Btw: 5+ SS's of the OE in 1408 without influence from player coming up.
E: Here they are, I think they speak for themselves, to note: The date was arbitrarily chosen, but unless someone wants to prove me otherwise its as good as any to show the situation during the first 10-15 years. Also I did play the handsoff game until feb 1408 as cyprus and only then tagswitched to the OE. Settings: Normal difficulty, low aggresiveness
o0DmC.jpg
iRexc.jpg
uQ9QK.jpg
1Pzji.jpg
GT0mw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/SY6aj.jpg
Sorry, 6th image did not work. As you can see in most of my handsoff games your strategy would not work without huge trouble, and in some of them it probably wont work at all.

Last edited:
The same way this stuff always leads to an argument: All obvious stuff that could help was brought up in the first 10 posts, then chronicler came along and gave advice that may sound "pro" to "newbies" reading the topic and when people started arguing against him he made harder and harder to back up claims and started to contradict himself. The problem is, that if you dont argue against that stuff then people will take those highly strange tips as actual advice and will probably fail miserably.
Btw: 5+ SS's of the OE in 1408 without influence from player coming up.

I haven't contradicted myself once. Difference is, when you guys say stuff, I don't say "But don't send your army away from the british isles, because if you do, rebels might pop up everywhere and your game will be ruined".

I haven't contradicted myself once. Difference is, when you guys say stuff, I don't say "But don't send your army away from the british isles, because if you do, rebels might pop up everywhere and your game will be ruined".
Show one post where we mentioned rebels on the isles? I mentioned rebels on the OE side, but thats it. So, now look at my OE-Screenshots and think about them and your claims.

I am closing this thread before things get even nastier.

Status
Not open for further replies.