• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Build a massive stock piles of nukes and drop one a day. The AI probably wouldn't get what you actually doing but would be for an brutal physiological tactic in the story.

I thought of something important you've seemed to forgot.
Civil Rights. By now many important civil rights moments have passed and the military has been integrated for most if not all the war(don't remember when it happened IRL). Americans off all race have been fighting and dying back to back for around 12 years now. From the first assaults on the beaches of Ireland, to trenches in the meatgrinder of the Iberian peninsula, to the blitzkrieg across Eurasia. I think many veterans now have a heavy respect towards their minority brothers in arms. Not to mention they've been liberating Africa, and Asian country's left and right. Witch may have even created some opposition in the south, don't know for sure. At this point who's really going to argue with Truman's foreign policy other than generals who care about their front the most.

I completely forgot about that. I could roleplay that with them having a shaky relationship at first due to his general distaste for the Kennedy's (once watched something called "Truman: Plain Speaking" in class where the person portraying Truman said he almost through Joe Kennedy out a window) but have the relationship slowly get better as they continue to work with each other. Could have him chose JFK because he thinks he's the only one popular enough to make a decent run at the White House after he leaves. The other thing I would ask is if you have any idea who Truman would be more likely to pick?

That would work.

I know historically he supported Adlai Stevenson in 1952 and Averell Harriman in 1956. Either one would be plausible sounding, I think.

More like Operation Hell on Earth

I nominate Operation Is Anyone Still Alive?

Operation Sodom and Gamorah...

Operation Ezekiel 25:17.

Finally caught up! I must say, the concept of playing one country to (almost) world domination, and then switching to another country and undoing what you just did, is quite an interesting concept, and one I might try.

When the Americans got bogged down in Spain, I thought the campaign would be extremely difficult to win, if not unwinnable, if resistance was to be like that throughout the entirety of Axis territory. Fortunately, that was not the case. It seems that more or less Germany's entire army was on the Iberian peninsula, leaving little to defend elsewhere. I had underestimated the AI's ability to rapidly transfer its entire army to threatened areas, ignoring the rest of its territory. (LOL)

And, don't nuke Japan. The America presented in this storyline doesn't seem like the type that would drop even one nuke, let alone the several suggested by others. What for? Once defeated on the mainland, I'm pretty sure the Home Islands can be rather easily conquered by amphibious invasion (if the Japanese AI defends them as poorly as it does in my games, anyway).

I'd still push for Reagan as VP, but your reasons against it are very valid. Granted, you could say that the war made Reagan far more active in politics than OTL, but that's up to you. Your AAR, your decision.

I could do that, to be honest though, I am not sure who I will run as VP. Reagan was not involved in politics yet, but that can be fixed as you stated. I also believed that he was a Republican by this point, but I might be able to fix that to. It may come down to a run off between the two in which people get to vote over which one I will make VP.

Epic AAR.
So are you going to nuke Japan? I think it may be justified at this point, the worlds been at war for 20 years, 4 continents have been conquered and liberated, the death toll is probably passing the 100,000,000 mark, I think no one is willing to die to invade some lil islands at this point.

But than again Truman is like the perfect leader at this point, he is enlightened and idealistic but also has the power and balls to get the job done. It also could be an inserting part of the story, the Japanese government has been telling the people the Americans are baby killers and momma raper's for over 20 years now. This would be the exact opposite of the Hero worshipthat Patton,Bradely,Clark, MacArthur and even Ike are used too. Even in axis counties most of the population were just glad the war was over and sometimes even joined up with the Americans, but the Japanese have a generation of indoctrinating and won't exactly be throwing parades for the Americans.

You are most certainly right about the attitudes of Japanese civilians. The great American generals are used to being greeted as liberators, now they will be treated like a conquering army, something they are not use to.

Yeah, the whole Japanese populace is gonna be really, really hard to keep down. If you've read Modern Times, remember how he said that the country was always pushed towards the most extreme policies by the ultra-violent nationalist officers who assassinated and intimidated moderates. This Japan is going to be more like North Korea, with a god-like leader, a state religion based around race and obedience, extreme xenophobia, a totally planned economy and a culture that by this point will be totally alien to Westerners. The Japanese would have insane numbers of heavily armed citizen militias in every city if there was a real chance of invasion. And they probably have some colonies established in Asia. For story purposes I'd say probably Dailan, Fuzhou and Yantai as well as Pusan in South Korea are probably Japanese colonies.

If I was in your shoes, I'd first nuke Tokyo (twice), Nagasaki, Osaka, Nagoya, Kanazawa and Niigata. Then I'd crank out as many ICBMs as possible and crank up my airforce and stage constant bombing raids on all of Japan hopefully destroying every city with a population of over 50,000 and all military installations, that would basically destroy all Japanese Industrial capacity. I would then launch simultaneous landings in Southern Kyushu, Tokyo Bay, Hokkaido and other landings near Fukashima, Hiroshima and Shikoku. The shock and awe ought to basically break Japan's military and society and the country can then be completely rebuilt.

I have not read that actually, but it sounds like a rather interesting read. I always appreciate your comments as they are very insightful and often make me think about things that I just plain did not think about. Rest assured, I shall take those things about Japan into account. As for nuking Japan, wouldn't nuking a Japan with the culture you described and a propaganda mill painting Americans as monsters who do not care who they kill (probably what the Japanese have been saying about the Americans) actually hurt my cause unless I completely leveled it with nukes. In real life, the nuke is the perfect example of just the thing that the Japanese have been saying about the Americans. It doesn't care who it kills and can destroy and entire city full of civilians. It would play right into the image that the Japanese government has painted of the Americans, making the Japanese people think that what they have been told about the Americans is all true and make them fight that much harder. To really shake them up, the Americans have to be the exact opposite of what their government has told them they are. Also, nuking Japan is a lot more pointless in game then it was IRL. Their is no event for the Japanese surrendering after being nuked twice, so even if I drop the nuke, I still have to invade and unless I drop a nuke everywhere they have troops, there will not be much point to it.

Operation Rolling Thunder

Build a massive stock piles of nukes and drop one a day. The AI probably wouldn't get what you actually doing but would be for an brutal physiological tactic in the story.

More like Operation Hell on Earth

I thought of something important you've seemed to forgot.
Civil Rights. By now many important civil rights moments have passed and the military has been integrated for most if not all the war(don't remember when it happened IRL). Americans off all race have been fighting and dying back to back for around 12 years now. From the first assaults on the beaches of Ireland, to trenches in the meatgrinder of the Iberian peninsula, to the blitzkrieg across Eurasia. I think many veterans now have a heavy respect towards their minority brothers in arms. Not to mention they've been liberating Africa, and Asian country's left and right. Witch may have even created some opposition in the south, don't know for sure. At this point who's really going to argue with Truman's foreign policy other than generals who care about their front the most.

No, I have not forgotten about it. I intend to deal with it after the war is over. IRL, the civil rights movement got started after the war ended. There was a March on Washington planned during the war, but it was defused by Roosevelt barring discrimination in defense industries because he didn't want the demonstrations to disrupt the war effort. The movement got started after the war because the moment was viewed as being right for several reasons that involved both national and international politics. I forgot to mention the desegregation of the army, but I intend to talk about Truman doing that when I talk about civil rights. Basically, Truman desegregated the whole army at the beginning of the war, but I will go into more detail when I talk about civil rights. In fact, the war has been going on for so long, many civil rights leaders may actually have fought in the war. You are right though, African Americans have fought along side whites across four continents for almost an entire generation, that is bound to have an effect on the nation's stance on Civil Rights and it is something that the Civil Rights leaders will undoubtedly use to their advantage.

That would work.

I know historically he supported Adlai Stevenson in 1952 and Averell Harriman in 1956. Either one would be plausible sounding, I think.

I nominate Operation Is Anyone Still Alive?
I may just use them. Have to do more research on them first though.

Operation Sodom and Gamorah...

Operation Armagideon.

Operation Ezekiel 25:17.

Anyways I think its more like Operation Mass Genocide. If he does that he'll give the Nazi's and Stalin a run for their money. Well maybe not THAT bad but still pretty horrific attack on the civilian populous.

I completely agree with this sentiment. devastating Japan in nuclear fire would be nothing sort of genocide on a national level due to the untold number of civilians who would lose their lives and would haunt relations between the two countries for years, if not decades. Furthermore, that level of civilian casualties is not something that this Truman would be willing to accept. it would turn the Americans into mass murderers and basically verify everything the Japanese government has ever said about them in the eyes of the Japanese people.

Operation don't you know Pulp Fiction?

Finally caught up! I must say, the concept of playing one country to (almost) world domination, and then switching to another country and undoing what you just did, is quite an interesting concept, and one I might try.

When the Americans got bogged down in Spain, I thought the campaign would be extremely difficult to win, if not unwinnable, if resistance was to be like that throughout the entirety of Axis territory. Fortunately, that was not the case. It seems that more or less Germany's entire army was on the Iberian peninsula, leaving little to defend elsewhere. I had underestimated the AI's ability to rapidly transfer its entire army to threatened areas, ignoring the rest of its territory. (LOL)

And, don't nuke Japan. The America presented in this storyline doesn't seem like the type that would drop even one nuke, let alone the several suggested by others. What for? Once defeated on the mainland, I'm pretty sure the Home Islands can be rather easily conquered by amphibious invasion (if the Japanese AI defends them as poorly as it does in my games, anyway).

exactly. The Americans would be incredibly reluctant to drop a nuke, only doing so as a measure of absolute last resort.

As for Spain, I am think the casualty count may have topped that of the American Civil War. I myself was completely and utterly surprised when I managed to break out as I didn't think I would be able to accomplish it without nukes.

ok, there has been a lot of talk about me nuking Japan. My stance in the past has been to use them only as a measure of last resort. honestly, I thought I might have to use them here, but Japan has made a mistake that was hinted at by the last screenshot of my last update, one that I will make them pay for and will render the use of nukes unnecessary.

And with out further ado, let us get to the update

Siam had fallen. This was a huge blow to Japan. Siam had been one of their earliest allies and had provided large numbers of troops to the Japanese side. Furthermore, Siam had served as a buffer between Japanese territories and the American advance. With that buffer now gone and Americans advancing across the country with relative impunity, the Japanese would now be facing a two front battle in Vietnam as they tried to keep the Americans advancing through Siam and Cambodia out as well as hold off the American advance from the North. With the limited amount of personnel available in the area, Japan would be hard pressed to do it and there was great doubt over whether they could hold out long term or not. To prevent there positions in Vietnam from being outflanked, the Japanese began racing to occupy Cambodia before the Americans could. The race was now on to see who would get there first.

Meanwhile, Back in China, things on the Coast finally came to a head. After weeks of campaigning, the Americans had finally closed the noose around the Japanese forces trapped on the coast. They had driven the last remnants of the Japanese to Quanzhou.
2yufvgy.jpg

With them were thousands of Japanese civilian refugees. To the Americans, encountering large numbers of Japanese civilians in China seemed strange at first, but further examination yielded and explanation. China had been under Japanese control since 1946 and in that time, the Japanese had established numerous colonies on the mainland. One of these, Fuzhou, had been recently liberated by the Americans. Fearing reprisals from the native Chinese population for stealing their ancestral land, the vast majority of Japanese colonists fled before the advancing Americans. However, many resolved to fight for their newfound homeland, vowing not to let the Chinese take it back. However, with the mass exodus, there were simply no longer enough Japanese to hold them off. Things looked ripe for a massacre. This massacre was diverted, curiously to the Japanese, by the arrival of the Americans. Not willing to allow non-combatants to be mercilessly slaughtered by their vengeful allies, the Americans quickly intervened. They occupied the Japanese villages and, despite what almost turned into armed resistance from both sides, managed to keep both sides from killing each other. The arrangement worked out by the Americans was this. The Americans would construct a temporary village for the Japanese to live in. Then, when the invasion of the home islands began, the Japanese would be allowed to return home if they willed or remain. Knowing what fate may await them if they stayed, most took the offer. To the Japanese, who had been told to expect the worst from the Americans if they took the province, this development could hardly been more of a shock. These were not the ruthless killers their government had told them about, but people who had been willing to go out of their way to prevent enemy non-combatants from being killed. To some, this shock brought another realization. "If the government lied about the Americans, what else might they have lied about?" A rather unpleasant thought for many indeed.

With the situation in Fuzhou settled, the Americans returned to the matter at hand in Quanzhou. Furthermore, while the Japanese civilians in Fuzhou had stopped just short of armed resistance, mostly due to them being in no position to fight the Americans with the approaching threat of the Chinese, many of the Civilian refugees in Quanzhou did not remain non-combatants for long. They fought tenaciously alongside the Japanese forces in the region, many with improvised weapons. While the Americans were under strict orders that no harm come to anyone not in arms against them, the lines between who was and who was not a non-combatant began to blur for many. Despite the spirited resistance from both the military and impromptu militia, the province eventually fell. When this happened, the Americans rounded up all the civilian refugees and offered them the same deal that had been offered to the Japanese of Fuzhou. To the Japanese, who had expected to be killed almost as an afterthought by the Americans, this shocked them thoroughly but, left with little alternative, they accepted.

While things in the East of China were going very well, the advance into Western China from Sinkiang encountered a setback when the Egyptian forces under General Nasser were forced to call off there advance into Lanzhou by the arrival of Japanese reinforcements.
282q9tf.jpg

This did not overly concern the Americans however, as that part of the front had long been considered a sideshow of minimal importance, given the small amount of Japanese troops in the area. This meant that the setback was quickly forgotten when news came in from the far more important sideshow in Southeast Asia. American forces, while still failing to drive the Japanese out of Hanoi, had managed to take the city of Da Nang to the South of it, thus turning the Hanoi region into a pocket with 3 Japanese divisions trapped inside.
2yoehzb.jpg

This proves to be only a temporary victory however, as not long after, the Japanese launch a counterattack out of Hanoi, Ubon Rachthani, Pakse, and Qui Non that forces the American forces to withdraw from the region.
15pomdg.jpg

While this long static sideshow was now beginning to get a little more active, the North China front was having the exact opposite happen. The fighting in the area was quickly becoming a stalemate as 9 American divisions, demoralized from the constant fighting, failed to force a crossing of the Yellow River at Anyang against a single Japanese division. This development forced Stillwell to call a general halt to all advances in the region in order to give his troops a chance to rest.
scx1ex.jpg

This order comes too little, too late, however, as the Japanese quickly counterattack and force the Americans out of Kaifeng
20fqcxs.jpg

To avoid losing momentum in the face of this defeat, Stilwell orders a renewed advance, this time into the region of Jinan, which has been all but abandoned by the Japanese, who seem to have decided to use the Yellow River as their last line of defense.
2qvf2qe.jpg

This also gives rise to fears that the Japanese might attempt to do the same with the other great river in China: the Yangtze River. While much of the river's length was now controlled by the Americans, there was still a portion of it in the Western interior that had not yet been crossed. If the Japanese managed to put up defenses on the west bank of the river, the only option would be to outflank them from the North, which would cause the Americans to lose valuable time. Further advances are thus ordered to try and cross the river before this can happen.
35co07t.jpg

While American commanders remained focused on China, MacArthur, who had been taking part in the campaign for Southeast Asia receives a critical piece of information about the Japanese Home Islands that almost floors him. Incredibly, the Japanese have left the Southern portion of the Island of Kyushu COMPLETELY UNGUARDED!

2hoaeyh.jpg

After verifying this intelligence with the numerous American spies in Japan, MacArthur requests an audience with Truman citing "critical information as to my invasion"
curious as to what this information might be, Truman grants him an audience. Upon arrival MacArthur informs him about the critical mistake made by Japan and asks for permission to begin the invasion of the Japanese home islands at once, stating that this is an opportunity that will not remain for long and that America most take advantage of it to invade now, before the Japanese realize their mistake. After much thought on the matter, Truman agrees with MacArthur that this is an opportunity not to be missed and calls a meeting of the top American commanders to inform them the that the invasion of Japan will now commence.
The battle for the Japanese Home Islands is about to begin.

Is that a French province I see in Cambodia?

FIX THIS NOW. Thanks.

I don't think that you have an audience with a President, I think it's just called a meeting. Good update though. China's going to be a basket case; the Japanese have probably been acting like slavemasters for twenty years and the whole social structure is probably gonna come down. A

While there is a lot of good stuff in this update, this might be the best part:

While things in the East of China were going very well, the advance into Western China from Sinkiang encountered a setback when the Egyptian forces under General Nasser were forced to call off there advance into Lanzhou by the arrival of Japanese reinforcements.
282q9tf.jpg

Nasser fighting in China...that's just great! :cool:

Yup, this is probably the greatest international effort ever made.

Is that a French province I see in Cambodia?

FIX THIS NOW. Thanks.

Unfortunately, I can't yet. The game thinks that France is the legal owner of Cambodia because they were its last owners. After the war, however, I intend to force them to release it.

Its the begging of the end! Will it be our finest our?

I believe it shall.

I don't think that you have an audience with a President, I think it's just called a meeting. Good update though. China's going to be a basket case; the Japanese have probably been acting like slavemasters for twenty years and the whole social structure is probably gonna come down. A

I agree with China being a basket case. As you saw in the last update, only American intervention stopped the Chinese from killing every Japanese citizen they could get their hands on. You think their still bitterness over OTL WWII, this will make that relationship look like their best friends. I am pretty sure that the Chinese will never forget what the Japanese did to them and probably never forgive them either. America is probably going to have to keep the two nations off each others throats for a LONG time.

I agree, It is strange isnt it. What your seing their is essentially the troops who have been fighting through Russia finally getting close enough to be brought to bear in China. I haven't talked about the fighting in the West because the important battle is in the East, but pretty much all of Sinkiang has fallen by that last update. I stopped producing units a long time ago so now I just ship in allied units if I need more men, Nasser has been fighting in the Middle East and Russia for a long time now and was one of the first generals sent to fight under General Clark.

Yup, this is probably the greatest international effort ever made.

I think it definitely is. Troops from almost every nation I ever liberated are either currently fighting or have fought against the Axis. This has truly become an international effort to defeat Fascism. The crazy thing is, I had plans for events that would have made it even bigger, bringing in every neutral and possibly turning South America into a theater of war as well with a two or three way war going on down there. However, I never got them to work. If I can ever figure out why the events did not work and get them to work, I may actually consider doing a redux of this AAR. The events I already planned alone would probably be enough to make WWII into an even more epic struggle, and thats assuming I do not come up with more by then.

Alright its time for another update. Also, do not forget to vote for this AAR in the AARland Choice Awards.

now without further ado, lets get to kicking some Japanese butt.

The moment that the McArthur and the American top brass have been waiting for was finally here. Japan was the last significant power left in the war. If she could be knocked out of the war, this war, which had dragged on for 12 long years for the Americans and for 21 years for the rest of the World would finally end. However, nothing the Americans had ever encountered before in the war could ever have hoped to prepare them for what they would face when they invaded Japan. With virtually every other nation, the Americans had been greeted as liberators by countries that had been brutally subjugated by the Axis. Even with the fall of Germany, the Americans had been greeted as liberators by a people who had grown sick and tired of the war, especially after it had begun to turn against them. Japan, however, would be different. There would be no jubilant crowds of people cheering the American liberators, like the American generals were used to. Indeed, these were a people who believed their leader was a God and that God had been telling them, or so they believed, that these Americans were monsters who committed horrible atrocities just for the fun of it. This was a nation of people who had been told by their leaders for years that their soldiers were the heirs of the samurai and that they were the greatest warriors and soldiers in the world, something that the early victories of the Japanese had led many to believe. The only break the Americans would catch is that the Japanese did not believe that the Americans would invade at this early stage. Indeed, the Japanese leaders were convinced that the Americans would not invade until after China had fallen, so ferocious had been the attack in China. The Japanese had also deployed a large portion of their military in China believing that the decisive battle of the war would take place there. However, they also knew that if China fell, the Americans would be coming to invade the Home Islands. While even the most Ardent Japanese leaders did not really believe that they could win the war if that happened, they did believe they had a chance of not losing. The hope was that they would be able to inflict enough casualties to convince the American invaders that the invasion would be too costly, thus forcing them to negotiate a peace treaty. In furtherance of this, they had begun the training of bands of civilian militias to resist the Americans. These units, however, had yet to complete their training, as the Japanese believed they had plenty of time to train them. They were about to find out how wrong they were.
In order to ensure that the Japanese did not suspect anything, the Americans ordered continued attacks in China, the spearhead of which was led by Patton, who was ordered to advance into Ankang.
2ltr2tx.jpg

He had been ordered to take the province to "support American advances deeper into the interior." What this meant was that he was supposed to ensure that the Americans advancing towards the Yangtze could cross without too much resistance. He, however, had different plans. Taking advantage of the vagueness of his orders, Patton planned to drive North into Xian after taking Ankang. From there he would continue on, outflanking the Japanese positions on the Yellow River and hopefully crossing the river before anyone knew what was going on. After crossing the river, and thus getting behind the defenses on the Yellow River, he would continue to push Northeast towards the city of Tianjin. If the plan worked, the defensive line on the Yellow river would become a massive pocket, trapping all Japanese troops holding the river inside of it were they could be annihalated. It was risky. Patton's personal units would be carrying out the attack without any backup, which meant that if the Japanese managed to get behind him, the encirclers could become the encircled. Patton, however, was gambling on success in the interior freeing up units to come in behind him to hold the areas he took long enough for the pocket to close. Time would tell whether this gamble would pay off.
With the attack in China keeping the Japanese attention fixed there, MacArthur's men boarded transports and headed for Japan. speed was of the essence. If he took to long to arrive, the Japanese might realize their mistake and rush men to the province. There was also the danger of his transports being detected, causing the entirety of the Home Islands to be put on alert and making the landings that much harder.
While MacArthur was on his way, however, the Americans in China received a surprise of their own. Thinking the Japanese navy too badly mauled to carry out amphibious operations, the Americans had neglected to defend the beaches they took from them. The Japanese then seized on this to launch and amphibious invasion of their own in Nantong, which they were able to take without any opposition for the Americans.
fxt6dv.jpg

Stillwell, on hearing the news, was mortified. Realizing his mistake, he immediately ordered several units from the front to detach themselves and head back to try and drive the Japanese out before this minor annoyance became a real problem.
The day after the debacle in Nantong, MacArthur arrived off the coast of Japan. To MacArthur's great relief, he and his men arrived to find the beaches of Kagoshima devoid of Japanese troops. MacArthur breathed a sigh of relief. Apparently, he had moved fast enough that the Japanese had not been able to send defenders to the province. now all that remained was to take the province and establish a beach head.
2w68hzn.jpg

MacArthur and his men were able to get ashore without any opposition, but it was not long until opposition found them. As it happens, a member of the Kagoshima Citizens Militia spotted the Americans coming ashore and quickly reported the news to his superior. This superior was now placed in a difficult position. He had two options. He could order the militia into action, but he had no idea how many Americans there were and he and his men might be outnumbered (they were, but the commander at the time did not know that). If he succeeded, he would surely be honored as the man whose quick thinking repelled an American invasion. On the other hand, he could inform the Japanese military and wait for their arrival. While this would surely allow him to make up for a deficit in numbers, the nearest Japanese forces were miles away in Fukoaka, and it could be a while before they arrived. Right now the Americans had just started landing and had yet to reach the town itself, but there was no telling how long it would take them to reach the city and they were closer then the Japanese Army. That meant that there was a very real chance of the Japanese arriving too late to save the city from what he felt would surely be a brutal sack from the "American Devils". After all, these were men who, according to the Japanese army and government (one and the same these days) burned villages to the ground for no reason other then the fun of it. Who knew what they might do to the city. Fearing that the Americans would arrive any moment and wanting the glory of repelling them for himself, he ordered the militia to take up defensive positions within the city. His plan was to halt the American attack then counterattack and drive them back into the sea. If he had only known how outmatched he was, he probably would have called for reinforcements and tried to hold out till they arrived. Against his force of about 30,000 half trained citizens stood a crack force of 120,000 Marines under the command of one of America's best generals. While they were able to put up a brave fight, the superior numbers, discipline, training, and experience of the Americans allowed them to quickly break through the lines and capture the city. After the city fell, the Japanese people, far from throwing the celebration many of the Americans expected, looked on them with nothing but scorn and contempt. This worried MacArthur mostly because he was afraid of an incident between his men and the local civilians escalating into a full fledged riot. "You could cut the tension in the city with a knife and I could feel the whole city could go up with the slightest spark". MacArthur would later say of the situation in the city. To prevent this, he gave strict orders for the American soldiers not to ever wonder the city alone and to be armed at all times but only to shot if fired upon. "If the city went up, I was determined that my troops would not be the ones to light the match", he would write in his journal about this policy. Luckily for MacArthur, the Japanese in the city never openly attacked the Americans, not even the most fanatical of them. MacArthur, however, believed the real reason for this was that they were hoping that the Japanese forces in Fukoaka would drive his men out without the need for them to drive them out. This, however, was a hope that was soon to be dashed. Soon after news of the fall of Southern Kyushu, the Japanese in Northern Kyushu received orders to abandon the island, the Japanese high command having decided that their positions there were untenable. The plan was to surrender Kyushu to the Americans and then take up positions in Hiroshima and the rest of Chugoku to hold the Americans and prevent them from invading Honshu, the largest of the main islands. With the Japanese forces went hundreds of thousands of refugees, fleeing what they believed to be the imminent and brutal sack of their city.
2coo0fn.jpg

When MacArthur heard of this, he could not have been more pleased. This meant that his forces could now seize all of Kyushu with almost no opposition. Furthermore, he saw an opportunity to ease the tension in the city. He immediately called a meeting and compelled all of the Japanese citizens of Kyushu to attend. When the meeting began, he immediately told them that their government had abandoned them by ordering a withdrawal from Kyushu. He then stated that he and his men had no intention to interfere in their daily lives anymore then necessary and as long as the Japanese did not attempt to attack or otherwise harm his troops, they would be left alone. At first, the Japanese did not believe that their leaders would just abandon them like that, but eventually, they began to hear from more and more news of the evacuation. The citizens of Kagoshima, upon realizing that they had been left to their fates, were furious at their government for abandoning them. However, this did not bring them over to the Americans side. It did, however, remove any desire to fight for a government that would not fight for them. This led to a slow easing of tensions as the Americans kept their word to not interfere anymore then was necessary. The fact that this was the complete opposite of what they were told to expect was not lost on any one, and the Japanese of Kagoshima began asking themselves the same question there friends on the mainland, who had been evacuated to Kagoshima recently, had asked. "If the government lied about the Americans, what else have they lied about". The question and the resulting answers were very unsettling and, in many cases, was enough to completely shatter their faith in their former government.
While the invasion of Japan was getting underway, the war in Southeast Asia began to heat up once more. After managing to get to Phenom Pen before the Japanese, the Americans and their allies launched an attack in all directions, aimed at driving the Japanese back into Vietnam and, eventually, into the sea.
hvqyjr.jpg

unfortunately, only the attack on Saigon would prove a success.
Meanwhile, back in Japan, things had been relatively quiet for the last six days following the capture of Kagoshima, as the Americans had brought in reinforcements. Now, MacArthur felt confident enough to march out and take Fukushima.
16kdo2b.jpg

While they met no resistance on the way to the city, they would arrive to find that almost every able bodied man who still remained in the city was prepared to resist them. However, by this point, the Americans did not have simply 120,000 men, they now had 300,000 men and the horribly outmatched and hastily assembled citizens militia was even less of a match for them then the men who attempted to defend Kagoshima had been. Despite fighting with the ferocity of men who believed they stood to lose everything if the city fell, it was not enough and within 4 hours, the city had been secured. MacArthur made them the same promise that he had made to the men at Kagoshima and, luckily, he was able to yet again avoid trouble.
While the campaign in Japan was going remarkably well, the same could not be said of the China campaign, where the Americans had suffered another setback by being driven out of Jinan.
iz7xxk.jpg

To make matters worse, the Japanese who had landed at Nantong had managed to take back Shanghai and Suzhou before a landing of reinforcements drove them out of the later city.
eff5s2.jpg

However, their was a bright spot among these setbacks. Patton had managed to take Ankang and had begun his drive north by ordering an advance on Xian. Stillwell, curious as to why he was advancing in that direction asked Patton for a reasoning. Patton then told Stillwell his plan. Desperate for anything that would let him break the Japanese defense of the Yellow River, Patton was given the go ahead.
rvvmvt.jpg

While this was going on, MacArthur had finally completed preparations for his planned attack on Hiroshima. Given how easily he had taken Kyushu, he remained confident that the Japanese would not be able to stop him. His men were able to cross into Honshu with little resistance, leading him to believe that this would be as easy as the invasion of Kyushu had been. Then, suddenly, after his men had crossed, they were hit with punishing artillery and machine gun fire. The Japanese had rallied 19 divisions to oppose MacArthur's 30 and now they were making their presence felt. After several days of taking heavy casualties and making no progress, MacArthur begrudgingly called off the attack. It seemed that the invasion of Japan would not be as easy as he had thought.
mw5obk.jpg

For events, if you can't get them to work than ask for help.

Also the reason that events may not be working is because you cannot have a newly created event influence a save file without editing it or something.

For events, if you can't get them to work than ask for help.

Also the reason that events may not be working is because you cannot have a newly created event influence a save file without editing it or something.

I did ask for help, but I either did not get it or the advice turned out to not work, I don't remember because it was a while ago. Also, whenever I try to edit save files, like to try and make myself the Alliance leader instead of Canada, the Scenario editor wigs out and freezes. The same thing would happen with the events, I would make them, then when I tried to load the game, the game would freeze half way through the loading screen. I think I broke something with the election events to because they have stopped working all of a sudden. I have back-ups of the defaults, but I have yet to figure out why the custom made elections do not fire. Also, what do you need to do in the scenario editor to allow a custom made event to influence an already started game? If I can get the events to work, I may do a Redux sometime in the future. It won't be immediately, Cause I would like to do another AAR first but when I finish either that or my Mecklenburg AAR, I would probably be ready to return to this.