• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now it's time to bring down the great Japanese dragon. Nuke time *cough cough*

The Japanese will indeed fall. Not so sure calling them the "dragon" is appropriate though. Thought that appelation usually applied to China. as for Nukes, you will have to wait and see.

I see you are going to beat me by getting into Vietnam first. :laugh:

Indeed I may, though I will say that the Japanese there put up a much tougher fight then I would have expected.

We don't mind Nathan! Also, let me say how happy this update makes me! I'm excited about writing more Erich Ritter and Jochaim Krenz funtimes!

and I look forward to reading them. As this is my first ever AAR, it really makes me feel incredible that it has inspired someone to write derivitive works about it. The fact that you use a character that accurately shows how desperate the Germans and the Axis in general are at various points makes it even better.

Oh, you should. They give this AAR that extra something. :)

that they indeed do.

Upon finishing his conversation with Bradley, Truman could not have been more filled with anticipation. The first phase of the American attack had succeeded. Indeed, it had managed to exceed even its primary planner, Bradley's, expectations. Bradley had thought that it would take much longer to isolate the Japanese in Southeast Asia. What this meant was that an untold number of Japanese and allied troops were now caught were they could do the least amount of good. with the invasion of China, Southeast Asia had been essentially relegated to a sideshow and, with the number of Japanese and Siamese troops in the area, a sideshow that was severally overstaffed. Furthermore, the complete American naval dominance that had been established by this point meant there was no way for the Japanese to get any of those troops to where could do some good. Truman thus remained hopeful that the invasion of China would go just as smoothly as the invasion of India had. Furthermore, with the much more clear command structure, he expected it to go even smoother. This attitude had been borne out of the fact that, for years, the Americans had faced almost complete walkovers in most areas. The German and Japanese offensive earlier in the year was seen as the exception to this trend, with Germany making its last feeble attempt to dig itself out of the hole it had dug. It had been seen as a sign of desperation on both countries parts. Indeed, while both had met with early success, they had run out of stem once the Americans managed to organize a counterattack. In the end, the hoped for breakthroughs did not occur and all that the Axis had to show for it was a casualty count they could ill afford. The war in Southeast Asia seemed to have confirmed this, with the advance across Burma having been relatively smooth in comparison to the long slogs of the past. Indeed, the only real holdout remaining in the region was Bangkok, and that was on the verge of being outflanked. Indeed, the ease with which these victories had been obtained gave the Americans a growing overconfidence that verged on a feeling of invincibility for many. This was a belief that was now about to be rocked to its core.
The Japanese had always known that the decisive engagement of the Asian war would be in China. What that meant is that legions of their best troops in the area to prepare for the final showdown with the Americans. While few believed the Americans could be beaten outright, the prevailing belief was that if the Americans could be held in stalemate long enough, the American public would tire of the war and Truman would be pressured into accepting a negotiated peace. These men hoped that by doing so, they could get the Americans to give them a deal that would let them keep what they still held, regardless of how little that was. Even the most radical leaders, who still clung to a hope for victory, concurred with the plan, believing that if they could blunt and absorb the American attack on China they stood a chance to eventually launch a counterattack when the Americans had been weakened enough. This counterattack, they hoped, would be just enough to regain Southeast Asia, allowing Japan to negotiate from a position of relative strength.
In addition, the Japanese knew the main American thrust would come from the sea. What they did not know is where on the coast they would land. They had therefore stationed men both along the coast to repel or slow the initial landings and a rapid response force in the interior that could move to oppose any American landing relatively quickly. The Americans would soon find out that the advance through China would not be as easy as they had hoped.
This realization would start when their attempt to advance on Chao'an was repelled.
dylv61.jpg

this was not insignificant, as the rapid rate of advance towards Guangzhou left the American rear areas open to attack. If Chao'an did not fall, then forces from there or Shantou could easily seize Bao'an and threaten the advance with encirclement. If it fell however, the Americans would be able to use it to launch spoiling attacks on Shantou or Ganzhou after they had advanced out of Guangzhou. The securing of this position was thus key to future advances. If it could not be taken, men would either have to be diverted from the advance inland or brought in from elsewhere to hold Bao'an against counterattack.
Despite this setback, Patton refused to stop his advance for anything. He ordered his troops to push forward and advance to Shaoguan, leaving just enough men in Guangzhou to hold the city.
2wlwjlj.jpg

Stilwell, not yet having gotten involved personally, was impressed. Despite setbacks, Patton continued to push on and had managed to seize several key strategic areas. Furtermore, he had accomplished something else. With the fall of Luang Prabang, the Japanese were now unable to support Southern China with troops from Southeast Asia. With America in firm control of the sea lanes in the Pacific, that meant that any reinforcements could only come from one place: Northern China. Gambling that the Japanese may have weakened the North to protect the south in the mistaken belief that Patton's attack was the main thrust, Stillwell decided to launch the invasion of Northern China. Stillwell was determined to lead this push himself and realized that, with his attention focused on the North, he would be unable to direct that action in the South fully. He therefore conferred upon Patton the position of Deputy Supreme Commander, China, second only to himself in authority. Patton understood that what this amounted to was that Stilwell had just given him full control of the Southern front. Patton would now be free to fight the war in the South his way. This move endeared Patton to Stillwell, with the former saying of his superior: "That man really knows what he is doing. He knows full well that the best way to use me is to point me towards the enemy and turn me loose, and turn me loose he has."
With Patton taking charge of the South, Stillwell now turned his attention to the North. He set his sights on the city of Shanghai. The City was one of the largest cities in China and if it could be taken, it would be a massive blow to the Japanese. With Eisenhower in support, he embarked for the city. They landed virtually unopposed by the Japanese and quickly managed to seize control of the city. They then began plans to continue the march. Stillwell would march into Suzhou while Eisenhower advanced on Hangzhou. Ultimately, Stillwell would be able to seize Suzhou first and began planning future offensive action.
2iqzacj.jpg

So far, the advance in Northern China had been pretty much unopposed. Stillwell now began to grow overconfident. After seizing Suzhou, he had a clear march to Nanking, the former capital of China. Determined to take the city, Stillwell ordered the advance. Opposing him were several divisions of Japanese divisions. While Stillwell remained confident of victory, these Japanese divisions fought like demons to hold the city. After heavy casualties to both sides, Stillwell reluctantly called off the attack and preyed this was not a portent of things to come.
2dcbcr6.jpg

While progress was temporarily halted in the North, in the South things were progressing well. Maoming, Wenshan, and Nanning had fallen and American forces had forced several Japanese divisions to retreat to the island of Hainan. While they did not yet now it, Hainan would be one of the last holdouts of Japanese resistance in China.
28lrwab.jpg

Further South, In Southeast Asia, Bradley had ordered a general offensive all along the line. The Americans would attack at three points: Bangkok, Khon Kaen, and Hanoi.
dnzi89.jpg

To the jubilation of all involved, the offensive was a success. Only in Hanoi did the Japanese succeed in holding off the American advance. By far the most important fact, however, was the fall of Bangkok. After throwing back numerous attacks, the Japanese and Siamese were finally forced to give up the city. When Bradley heard the news, he was ecstatic. He immediately ordered his men forward. If he could manage to take the city fast enough, there remained a chance of seizing the Siamese government. If they could accomplish that, they might knock Siam, Japan's largest, and in Southeast Asia only, remaining ally.
dnzi89.jpg

Meanwhile, Stillwell, still reeling from his defeat, began planning his next offensive. After giving his troops time to rest from the near constant marching, he decided the time was ripe to make another attack. Free of the overconfidence that had plagued him last time, Stillwell was finally able to seize Nanking.
1g245c.jpg

The news was met with much excitement back home. So far, the Japanese had only been able to delay American advances. Now the former capital was in there hands. If things continued like this, China would fall and fall soon.
Soon after, Hangzhou would also fall. It was then that Stillwell formulated a plan to trap the Japanese still fighting on the coast. First, he ordered Patton to advance Northeast on Ganzhou
2jg7brc.jpg

He then left orders for Eisenhower to advance on Wuhu after ordering the newly arrived General Holcomb to advance on Nantong
2qsmrlv.jpg

10hndiq.jpg

The plan was simple. Eisenhower would seize Wuhu. Then Patton, with his fast moving tanks, would seize Ganzhou and Shangrao. This would not only link up the two landing areas of American troops, it would also turn much of the Coast of China into a massive pocket.
The plan would make steady progress with Patton quickly seizing Ganzhou on May 3 and pressing the attack onto seize Shangrao, which was completely undefended.
51a3qo.jpg

While the encirclement plan went ahead, Stillwell himself, however, remained pinned down. While he had seized Nanking, he had been unable to do much else. His troops now occupied a salient in American lines and if he advanced any further, he would be in severe danger of being cut off and destroyed. In order to secure his northern flank, therefore, he ordered Holcomb to press his attack and seize the city of Yangzhou, ordering newly arrived reinforcements to take up his previous positions in Nantong and gambling that they would arrive before the Japanese in Lianyungag could make an attack.
15dkndj.jpg

His flank, however, was not the only one he was worried about. Concerned that the Japanese might try to take Hangzhou once Eisenhower seized Wuhu, he ordered the newly arrived Nigerians to seize Ningbo, the only Japanese position that could threaten Hangzhou, and thus secure Eisenhower's flank.
9qcolu.jpg

In order to further secure their flanks, Stilwell also ordered General Alanbrooke to seize Qunzhou, thus ensuring a threat did not arise from there and also deepening the encirclement.
ac7gc4.jpg

Stillwell then ordered General Holcomb to seize Lianyungang, ordering a newly arrived unit to complete the advance on the now undefended Yangzhou.
yl69z.jpg

Then, finally, on May 10, Stilwell's plan came to fruition. Patton finally managed to seize Shangroa. With this final acquisition, much of the Chinese coast now became a massive pocket with many Japanese divisions trapped inside. With Japanese reserves dwindling away, this was exactly the kind of thing they could ill afford. The war in China appeared to be going America's way.
25jk39i.jpg

Alright, at long last, a new update. Now, along with the update itself, I am going to start another vote. While I am partial to giving Truman another term, since I do not believe he would leave the job unfinished, I want to get your opinions on who should run in this election that is approaching.
1.Truman: He has run the country successfully for 12 good years and has brought them to within sight of victory. However, he has been president a long time and through a very stressful period of its history. Furthermore, as hinted in the last election, some may be concerned that he has overstayed his welcome and that having two consecutive presidents both serve 4 terms might set a bad precedent and weaken the term restriction Amendment despite Truman being immune to it.
2.Another Politician: I could RP this person as being Truman's protege and handpicked successor. However, Truman's massive shadow may have forced many prominent politicians in his party into the shade. If this is your choice, I will also request that you suggest who you want to be run in Truman's place.
3. One of Truman's Generals: I am thinking of having him pick Bradley or another popular general to succeed him. In particular, Bradley would be interesting because they are implied to be very close in this AAR and Bradley could be seen as something of a protege.
Also, who should run for the oppostion
1:politician: Could have another Politician from the Republicans run. However, I am not sure there is a politician in there party who could amass the popular support to beat Truman.
2:General: This would likely be Clark or potentially even Patton. I will pick the general depending on which of the above options wins. I think this would be there best chance as Clark almost won last time and these successful generals could easily play on there successful campaigns to amass popular support for their campaign.

comment and let me now what you think.

2, Run me (no)

Actually....The Democrats seem to be running the nation (and the war REALLY well) so I suggest another politician....maybe JFK, without an assassination?

I don't think that Truman could really run for a fourth term, perhaps by appointing a protege he might continue his legacy, but I expect that a strong opposition will develop in the postwar period, the decades long primacy of the Democratic Party under Truman has been mainly due to the war and once the state of near permanent war has ended, the domestic issues which it concealed and the social chaos it caused will put a massive roadblock infront of that candidate's reelection campaign.

In case you are wondering, new updates to the Ritter-Krenz saga are coming shortly.

And can we see where the allied forces are in relation to the other troops? It's cool seeing the Nigerians and the French take an active role in the North, but what about General Murphy and the Irish and the Liberians, as they were your earliest allies I'd like to see what they're up to. Actually, who's in command of all of those allied forces? That'll probably be very important in determining domestic politics after the war, but the prominence and apparent success of African armies means that secessionist movements are unlikely to gather steam until maybe a decade after the war, by which time economics will have forced their demobilization.

And can we see the casualty figures and an estimated total globally and perhaps even an estimate of total civilian casualties? Also a comparison of ground forces among both the allies and the axis (the two remaining members that is) would be useful.

Also, isn't it ironic that the Germans got their independence before the Russians?

And for story purposes, where were Germany's Rocket Test Sites?

And this mod might be able to help add some new nations for Russia: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Anatolian-Wars-1.00&highlight=anatolian+wars

One more thing, can Portugal be annexed yet?

Last edited:
2, Run me (no)

Actually....The Democrats seem to be running the nation (and the war REALLY well) so I suggest another politician....maybe JFK, without an assassination?

I think he is the only person who really could make a viable run after someone like Truman in this AAR.

I don't have an opinion at the moment, but I will be more than happy to make you another election map when the time comes.

I will most assuredly take you up on that offer.

I don't think that Truman could really run for a fourth term, perhaps by appointing a protege he might continue his legacy, but I expect that a strong opposition will develop in the postwar period, the decades long primacy of the Democratic Party under Truman has been mainly due to the war and once the state of near permanent war has ended, the domestic issues which it concealed and the social chaos it caused will put a massive roadblock infront of that candidate's reelection campaign.

In case you are wondering, new updates to the Ritter-Krenz saga are coming shortly.

And can we see where the allied forces are in relation to the other troops? It's cool seeing the Nigerians and the French take an active role in the North, but what about General Murphy and the Irish and the Liberians, as they were your earliest allies I'd like to see what they're up to. Actually, who's in command of all of those allied forces? That'll probably be very important in determining domestic politics after the war, but the prominence and apparent success of African armies means that secessionist movements are unlikely to gather steam until maybe a decade after the war, by which time economics will have forced their demobilization.

And can we see the casualty figures and an estimated total globally and perhaps even an estimate of total civilian casualties? Also a comparison of ground forces among both the allies and the axis (the two remaining members that is) would be useful.

Also, isn't it ironic that the Germans got their independence before the Russians?

And for story purposes, where were Germany's Rocket Test Sites?

And this mod might be able to help add some new nations for Russia: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...-Anatolian-Wars-1.00&highlight=anatolian+wars

One more thing, can Portugal be annexed yet?

I will be honest, I completely lost track of Murphy and most of my earlier allies. I managed to find Murphy and he is now chilling in Siberia for some reason I cannot figure out. As for China, with the exception of the Nigerians at this point, it is an exclusively American operation at this point. As for the leaders of the African Armies, most of them are people I have never heard of so I do not know how they will affect the aftermath. I will deal with that after the war ends and will tell you who the leaders are in the next video because I need to do some research on the people, which requires me to right down there names and then look them up. Two people I will tell you are generals are Sadat and Nassir for Egypt. I also gave a short summary of what happens with Africa after the war when Africa was liberated.

Casualty counts will probably be shown after the war is over. It seems more appropriate to talk about that then. I will tell you that Spain alone probably easily tops the American Civil War in terms of casualties. That was quite a grind and reminded me of nothing more then a WWI fight as a fought a bloody slog across the Iberian Peninsula.

It is indeed ironic, but Russia is so huge it takes a LONG time to traverse it all and I have to annex Japan first.

Germany never built rocket sites as a matter of fact. However, that is mostly my fault. This whole scenario got its set up when I played a game as Germany and conquered everything except America and Canada and decided to switch to playing as America. When I played as Germany, I just didn't pursue rocketry, mostly because I had no need to do so. After I defeated the Soviets militarily, no one else gave me a decent challenge. I started from when the war starts and then conquered France and Britain and then invaded Norway and Sweden and then the Soviets attacked me. In fact, the only reason I pursued nukes is that I thought there was no way I was breaking out of Spain and into France without them. That is the same reason I have never used the 6 nukes or something like that that I have never and may never use. I hate them and find them to be cheap.

As for Russia, I am not sure what I am going to do with it. I have two real choices. The first is divided it up into several different countries and the second is to release it as a unified country.

No, I cannot yet annex Portugal. Apparently, Japan conquered the Canaries and Cape Verde Islands, which have victory points, and I just never took the time to take them back.

now without further ado, lets get to the update

Stillwell sat in his tent very pleased with himself. The China campaign could not be going much better at the moment. He and his troops had managed to cut off a large chunk of Japan's forces in China and without a viable fleet, all of those men were effectively lost to Japan, and that was a loss that the severely overstretched Japanese could ill afford at the moment. With that thought he got back to planning. The first thing he had to do was obvious. He had to invest his men in destroying the Japanese troops on the coast. With that in mind, he sent Patton orders for his southern forces to eliminate the encircled forces and ordered some of his own men to do the same. He then tasked his own men and several others with pushing back the Japanese in Northern China. The first attack in this northern offensive took place at Lianyugang under the command of General Holcomb.
34nmssj.jpg

Despite determined resistance of the Japanese, they were unable to hold out and were pushed back.
It was also at this time that Stillwell finally received his long awaited reinforcements.
2a0krx3.jpg

However, while China was going well, the same could not be said in Southeast Asia While the Americans had succeeded in cutting it off from the support from China, this seemed to only make the Japanese more determined to hold out. They knew there was no retreating and they had therefore resolved that they would fight and hold out for as long as they could, fighting to the death in need be. The thinking was that if they could hold out, they would force the Americans to commit troops to defeating them that they would not be able to deploy to Japan or China. Therefore, by holding out, they would do there part to defend the Japanese empire. This was demonstrated when the Americans tried to seize Hanoi.
2s1unmp.jpg

despite being outnumbered three-to-one, the Japanese had prepared defensive positions throughout the city. These positions were incredibly difficult to assault, as the Japanese had had plenty of time to set them up. Worse still, the Japanese would blow up any positions that got overrun in an attempt to kill the American soldiers that had overrun them. That meant that the Americans had to approach every position they took with extreme caution, which gave the Japanese time to regroup at another prepared defensive position. After thousands of casualties suffered for no appreciable gain, the attack had to be called off.
However, while Hanoi held firm, another position that had stood defiant for quite a time finally had its luck run out. After holding out for so long, Bradley decided to throw everything he had at the city of Bangkok and vowed that he would not cease the attack until the city fell. The result was that 55 divisions attacked a city held by 17 divisions. The Siamese rushed to the defensive positions that had held the city before. Bradley, however, knowing they would do this decided to concentrate as much firepower as humanly possible on just a few of the positions. The result was that the Siamese started pulling men out of the other positions to shore up the defense of those that were under attack, as many of them were in danger of falling. This proved to be a mistake. Bradley had held a signficant portion of his men in reserve for just this moment and when his scouts reported that men had been pulled from some of the other positions, he hit them just as hard. With a much reduced force of men holding these positions, the Siamese could not hold. The reserves broke through and were able to flank the Siamese forces holding off the main attack. After that, Bradley ordered his men forward, not giving the Siamese time to set up new positions. Finally, what the Siamese commander rallied all the troops that remained to him and prepared for a last stand in the city center. In this final stand, the Siamese fought like demons to hold there city. It was not enough. Despite fanatical resistance, the Americans are able to kill or force the surrender of every Siamese soldier that took part in the last stand, finally taking the city.
34e58n5.jpg

Back in China, the offensive has some mixed results. The attack on Xuzhou fails to take the city
np41o4.jpg

While the attack on Jiujang is able to seize that city.
2j2w6ea.jpg

Soon after this, however, the Americans suffer another setback. While they finally manage to enter and take the city of Lianyugang, the victory is short lived, as they are soon forced out of the city by a Japanese counterattack.
wqqwcz.jpg

While this is happening,the noose continues to tighten around the necks of Japan's southern forces, as they are forced out of Zhanjiang and make their retreat to the island of Hainan
2ainivc.jpg

However, that is not the only bad news for the Japanese in Southern China. In addition to the quickly approaching destruction of the coastal armies, the Americans have also begun to push inland, which is largely devoid of Japanese troops at the moment.
2czeux2.jpg

Not to be outdone, Stillwell, after giving ample time for his troops to rest, personally leads an attack on the city of Xuzhou.
34jf0w1.jpg

this time, the Japanese are unable to hold out and the city falls to the advancing American troops.
Things are also going well, for the moment, in Southeast Asia, as Da Nang looks likely to fall, thus leaving Hanoi completely surrounded.
zmf7uv.jpg

All of these developments, however, are soon overshadowed by a much more momentous event. That event is surrender of Siam. After the fall of Bangkok, Truman, as he often did, extended an request for the Siamese surrender to the King of Siam, dictating the terms by which peace could be purchased. The terms were, as usual, very leniant, only requiring that the current government, minus the King himself, be replaced with a more democratic and American friendly government and that all Siamese forces stop resisting American forces. While he had extended the same offer to other leaders, they had always refused. This time, however, the King of Siam decided to accept the offer.
2j11st5.jpg

The next day, Truman announced to the public the surrender of Siam. While many did not like that a country who had caused the deaths of so many of their loved ones was being let off so easy, those in the military were a lot more receptive to the idea. What this surrender meant was that a huge portion of the remaining Axis forces in Southeast Asia were now out of the picture. That left the remaining Japanese troops to fight on alone, a significantly reduced force. The prospects of a quick victory in Southeast Asia now became much brighter.

I see little Panama wants her own peace treaty with Siam. I guess the American one isn't good enough for her or something.

Want to know something funny, I didn't even notice that while playing. Something even funnier, Panama is not even part of the Allies.

Want to know something funny, I didn't even notice that while playing. Something even funnier, Panama is not even part of the Allies.

She certainly is full of herself for a one-province country.

I hope it's not too late, but I'd like to see JFK still ascend to the Presidency. Include a Libertarian Ronald Reagan as a Democrat for VP and I'd love you even more!

I hope it's not too late, but I'd like to see JFK still ascend to the Presidency. Include a Libertarian Ronald Reagan as a Democrat for VP and I'd love you even more!

I can see that happening.

Kennedy-Reagan '60: Two Charming Leaders For The Price Of One!

I could have Reagan run as VP, but there is one big problem with that. Reagan did not enter politics in reality until 1966. He would still be the host of the General Electric Theater, if I am not mistaken. He got involved in politics after the people of California became impressed with one of his speeches and nominated him for governor.

Also, let me tell you guys of an idea I have. I will run Truman again, but with JFK as VP. Then, when the war is over and the issue of what to do with the occupied territories is sorted out, Truman resigns and has JFK become president. I may even RP it as him making a campaign promise to resign when the war and the sorting out of what to do after is done. Then, JFK would really be his protege because the whole VP experience would be Truman preparing him to take over the presidency and teaching him his way of doing things. What do you guys think of the idea.

Oh I forgot, I made you WriteAAR of the Week, so that's cool.

Amazing AAR you've going here.:)

Also, let me tell you guys of an idea I have. I will run Truman again, but with JFK as VP. Then, when the war is over and the issue of what to do with the occupied territories is sorted out, Truman resigns and has JFK become president. I may even RP it as him making a campaign promise to resign when the war and the sorting out of what to do after is done. Then, JFK would really be his protege because the whole VP experience would be Truman preparing him to take over the presidency and teaching him his way of doing things. What do you guys think of the idea.

Historically Truman didn't care for JFK (or the Kennedy family in general) and supported him largely because he was the lesser of two evils (the other evil being Nixon).

Of course, this is alternate history with different circumstances. I say go for it and have fun with your idea. :)

Historically Truman didn't care for JFK (or the Kennedy family in general) and supported him largely because he was the lesser of two evils (the other evil being Nixon).

Of course, this is alternate history with different circumstances. I say go for it and have fun with your idea. :)

I completely forgot about that. I could roleplay that with them having a shaky relationship at first due to his general distaste for the Kennedy's (once watched something called "Truman: Plain Speaking" in class where the person portraying Truman said he almost through Joe Kennedy out a window) but have the relationship slowly get better as they continue to work with each other. Could have him chose JFK because he thinks he's the only one popular enough to make a decent run at the White House after he leaves. The other thing I would ask is if you have any idea who Truman would be more likely to pick?

I completely forgot about that. I could roleplay that with them having a shaky relationship at first due to his general distaste for the Kennedy's (once watched something called "Truman: Plain Speaking" in class where the person portraying Truman said he almost through Joe Kennedy out a window) but have the relationship slowly get better as they continue to work with each other. Could have him chose JFK because he thinks he's the only one popular enough to make a decent run at the White House after he leaves. The other thing I would ask is if you have any idea who Truman would be more likely to pick?

I'd still push for Reagan as VP, but your reasons against it are very valid. Granted, you could say that the war made Reagan far more active in politics than OTL, but that's up to you. Your AAR, your decision.

Epic AAR.
So are you going to nuke Japan? I think it may be justified at this point, the worlds been at war for 20 years, 4 continents have been conquered and liberated, the death toll is probably passing the 100,000,000 mark, I think no one is willing to die to invade some lil islands at this point.

But than again Truman is like the perfect leader at this point, he is enlightened and idealistic but also has the power and balls to get the job done. It also could be an inserting part of the story, the Japanese government has been telling the people the Americans are baby killers and momma raper's for over 20 years now. This would be the exact opposite of the Hero worshipthat Patton,Bradely,Clark, MacArthur and even Ike are used too. Even in axis counties most of the population were just glad the war was over and sometimes even joined up with the Americans, but the Japanese have a generation of indoctrinating and won't exactly be throwing parades for the Americans.

Last edited:
Epic AAR.
So are you going to nuke Japan? I think it may be justified at this point, the worlds been at war for 20 years, 4 continents have been conquered and liberated, the death toll is probably passing the 100,000,000 million mark, I think no one is willing to die to invade some lil islands at this point.

But than again Truman is like the perfect leader at this point, he is enlightened and idealistic but also has the power and balls to get the job done. It also could be an inserting part of the story, the Japanese government has been telling the people the Americans are baby killers and mamma raper's for over 20 years now. This would be the exact opposite of the Hero worshipthat Patton,Bradely,Clark, MacArthur and even Ike are used too. Even in axis counties most of the population were just glad the war was over and sometimes even joined up with the Americans, but the Japanese have a generation of indoctrinating and won't exactly be throwing parades for the Americans.

Yeah, the whole Japanese populace is gonna be really, really hard to keep down. If you've read Modern Times, remember how he said that the country was always pushed towards the most extreme policies by the ultra-violent nationalist officers who assassinated and intimidated moderates. This Japan is going to be more like North Korea, with a god-like leader, a state religion based around race and obedience, extreme xenophobia, a totally planned economy and a culture that by this point will be totally alien to Westerners. The Japanese would have insane numbers of heavily armed citizen militias in every city if there was a real chance of invasion. And they probably have some colonies established in Asia. For story purposes I'd say probably Dailan, Fuzhou and Yantai as well as Pusan in South Korea are probably Japanese colonies.

If I was in your shoes, I'd first nuke Tokyo (twice), Nagasaki, Osaka, Nagoya, Kanazawa and Niigata. Then I'd crank out as many ICBMs as possible and crank up my airforce and stage constant bombing raids on all of Japan hopefully destroying every city with a population of over 50,000 and all military installations, that would basically destroy all Japanese Industrial capacity. I would then launch simultaneous landings in Southern Kyushu, Tokyo Bay, Hokkaido and other landings near Fukashima, Hiroshima and Shikoku. The shock and awe ought to basically break Japan's military and society and the country can then be completely rebuilt.

Last edited:
Operation Rolling Thunder