• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Love the...umm...flowery language ;)

rage2y.png

My first attempt!

So, I thought I had all of the Ottomans under siege, but due to me wacking 1k stacks, rebels, and merging troops, my PU partner Castille somehow managed to control half of the provinces, leaving me unable to demand them :angry:

Attachments

• ragecomic.png
    ragecomic.png
    156,2 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Something that really sucks. (german game version)

The german translation is flawed. Military skill and Diplomatic skill are both translated as "Diplomatisches Geschick".

mate0815 corrected this (and many other things) in his DeutschMod.

You need military skill 7, not diplomatic.

It's called naval positioning, your ships stacks must not be bigger than 50 and don't ever put them in the same battle.

Not realy, actualy you need to have less than 100 cannons for 1% of positioning, meaning, you need to have 5000 cannons for 50% positioning... but is more complicated, as best would be 6666 cannons for 50% as they bring same fire rate with more hull. But, on the other hand, not in every battle you get 50% positioning, so, i think it is best to have around 6000 cannons to be more optimal in case you have less positioning. Also for big fleets it is good to have good maneuver admiral. In most situations i had, i got around 30-40% positioning. Anyway, allways try to get fleet NOT bigger than 6666 cannons, as it will never be effective. Just try to keep it around 4k-6k cannons. And try to calculate cannons... allways. Also try to get as much hull as you can if you want to destroy enemy fleet, and as much ship speed as you can IF you want to capture enemy ships - as when enemy fleet flee - at least i think so - you catch as much ships as your fast ship allow you to.

EDIT: For example Carracks, have same hull as cog but cog got 10 cannons, and carrack got 40.
So technically, you get more powerfull fleet from building cogs, BUT it MAY cost you more actualy(unless you got realy big support limit). You will need 500-600 cogs to build a superior fleet, and 125-150 carracks to make same firepower fleet. Same galley fleet (500-600 galleys) will also be superior, but will have less hull (but higher speed).

It is like - transport ships have allways twice hull it got cannons, and big ships will got double the cannons they got hull. So if you plan to have big hull but not too much ships, add quite much but not too much transports. It will give you two things - good hull, and less fleet maintnance.

EDIT2: Could some mod move it to new thread, as it goes offtopic?

Last edited:
yeah :D.... I was playing latest D&T and they annexed most of north africa (not Egypt) and colonized over Mali. Little while ago they had second strongest navy (England had ofc strongest). Now they are huge and rich their army isen't laughing matter.