Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 (24/04/2009) is now up (general comments/questions only please)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Then shouldn't all of the items in the partial changelog be in the full changelog?

More properly perhaps the Partial changlog should be called 1.3 Beta to 1.3 Beta 2. And the full changelog called 1.2 to 1.3beta changelog.

Being clear on this will help people who are modding the know what they are looking for.

Anyway thank for all the work guys.

Then shouldn't all of the items in the partial changelog be in the full changelog?

More properly perhaps the Partial changlog should be called 1.3 Beta to 1.3 Beta 2. And the full changelog called 1.2 to 1.3beta changelog.

Being clear on this will help people who are modding the know what they are looking for.

Will fix

I hate vista. I don't know why it was such a pita this time to install the patch. The other one went easy. Oh well it is in now. Thanks for all your hard work.

Oh dear

Downloaded new beta - thanks very much guys, the hard work is very much appreciated. The after release support for HoI2 is so much better than any other game I have played!

I just wish I hadn't had those last couple of beers at the pub, it'll now have to wait until tomorrow before I can start playing... :rofl:

Why does the path in the patch have the checksum in it? Why does it appear like this: Armageddon 1.3 Beta 2 - 24.04.09 - PHVR\

Why couldn't you use just the normal type paths so I could just extract it right over the files?

That isn't the path. That is the name. For easy identification or which patch is which. That way you can easily refer to the name of the file in order to see if you have correctly installed it, without asking what the cheksum is on the board. We started labeling the EIR patches by their Cheksum like a while back, just for this reason.

Last edited:
Hi,

has the chance to completely influence a country been changed ?

In the first year of my current game I had been able to completely influence nations (Turkey and Romania) 3 times already. In vanilla and 1.3 beta1 I have hardly been able to get this many complete successes during whole games - which could mean that I have been very unlucky before or am very lucky now.

BTW, I like the information about the slider movement due to the influence.

CharonJr

I have not tried any of the 1.3 beta's yet. Not too fond of beta's in general.

But I noticed in the patch notes something like:
- CVL will no longer warp capital ship into firing range, wouldn't this make CVL pretty useless? Or have they gotten a new feature to compnesate this "nerf"?

But I do agree the warp to firing range didn't make any sense, but it was the only usefull thing about them.

CLVs sea detection should still help with getting into range, but most likely not as much as before.

In my current game with the new patch I am trying to build a decent fleet as Germany and should have 2 CVL IIs when the war breaks out (only mid '38 currently) in order to see what they do now. But IIRC the "nerf" was already in beta 1.3 I.

CharonJr

Cvl's are basically only useful as "soaks" now, imo anyway. High skill admirals and shipboard radar obviate the need for them in the "spotting and closing" roles. I hope that in HOI3 they can assume thier true role, and become useful vessels.

Could not see anything about it in the patch notes
Could you please add 1280x1024 aswell as windowed mode in options please before 1.3 is final (leaves beta).
I know there are unofficial "hax" to do it and the shortcut --> windowed trick.
So it should be pretty easy to add it to options in game.

Thank you for the "keep current administration" option in USA elections.

Hi,
I noticed the half-dozen or so new AI files (RSI, DFR, etc.) I wrote/modded & sent you guys aren't mentioned anywhere in either of the changelogs. Might want to give the modders a heads-up that they're there.;)

Thanks in advance!

Cvl's are basically only useful as "soaks" now, imo anyway. High skill admirals and shipboard radar obviate the need for them in the "spotting and closing" roles. I hope that in HOI3 they can assume thier true role, and become useful vessels.

Blue Emu says that CVL positioning is controlled by Carrier positioning via doctrines. That said, I don't know if anyone has tried adding positioning to CVL's directly via doctrine. If that were possible, it would be possible to give CVL's more value by increasing the positioning value of the whole fleet. I think.

If not, perhaps this could be added to the final version of the patch, and something could be done to make them more consistently useful.