• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are the Hordes still out of control. If they are I will continue to not play this game.

Not really, the GH usually finds it's way to Romania, and the Timurids seem to avoid total collapse, but 100 years into most games they're giving birth to revolt nations like horny rabbits.

I take it steam still hasn't patched yet?

I uninstalled after a few hiccups with a beta, and I figure I can wait for Steam to update so I don't need to worry about the manual patches.

Latest game playing as Minamoto(Japan) and the GH is in the Ukraine but that's it. Venice has taken over a good chunk of Greece/Macedon. Castille is doing the usual rounds in North Africa. Timurids are gone with Persia in their place.

Low aggressive is pretty fun and not nearly as boring as I thought it would be.

If I have the right checksum, is it safe to start working on achievements before the connect is activated, or would I simply be wasting my time?

This is something that I would like to know as well.

I'm a newbie with applying patches in Eu3, can I still play my saves afterwards?

I'm a newbie with applying patches in Eu3, can I still play my saves afterwards?

You should, but it's not 100% guaranteed. If you value your game very highly, you should finish it first.

Well at least Paradox won't waste any time with telling us what's wrong with Paradox Connect. Maybe its fix is part of 5.2? Or the next addon?
Come on guys, a simple reply will prevent that I have to come up with even odder ideas. ;)

Well at least Paradox won't waste any time with telling us what's wrong with Paradox Connect. Maybe its fix is part of 5.2? Or the next addon?
Come on guys, a simple reply will prevent that I have to come up with even odder ideas. ;)

Considering Johan said he contacted the Connect people, I'm assuming the current status is "hmm, why is it not working"

Of course, I do agree that it would be nice if we had more to go on than that (I'm holding off on starting a new game myself)

Last edited:
Aren't you the guys that also said achievements suck and you hate them? Or at the very least that you don't care either way?

So when is 5.1 actually going to work properly?

Sorry, but DW 5.1 works properly and is stable, as did the last betas. Only minor bugs are reported, according to the threads of the dedicated Bug Reports forum.
You can play without problem SP games, without Achievements enabled.
I don't mean you haven't problem,of course, but they have nothing to do with DW 5.1 itself, only with the other softwares behind Paradox Connect (still in beta), and the Metaserver.
You wont have to wait for an eventuel 5.2 ;)

Aren't you the guys that also said achievements suck and you hate them? Or at the very least that you don't care either way?

I think everyone that doesn't care about achievements still doesn't care about achievements :) While there is a rather vocal group that doesn't want them, a lot of rather less vocal people either don't care or enjoy them. I'm actually fairly surprised that they are speaking up about it, generally they've been a rather silent group.

Still no patch from Steam yet, and I had a strange occurrence after creating a copy of my install and trying to add the patch manually. The first game I started, I clicked a few different nations and start dates, before beginning a 1399 grand campaign as Muscovy. In the beginning of that game, I started with 5 regiments and was at peace with the Golden Horde. After goofing around and getting into a major war with Novgorod and having Smolensk emerge with my westernmost province (which I wasn't able to take back from rebels because of the 15+ regiments of Novgorod mercenaries), I decided to start over. When starting the second time, I only clicked on the 1399 start date, and selected Muscovy - no in between clicking on other nations or years - when the game began, I had 10 regiments and was at war with the Golden Horde (just like in 5.0, but I had all the new map-view options, so I didn't accidentally run my Steam install).